Aa
A
A
Close
Somebody please help me... :'(
I've been bleeding for the past 3 weeks, now. I'm not sure if it's my cycle, because I had just had my cycle a week or less prior to the 3 weeks. It's now going on 4 weeks, and I'm not sure what to do. I am active and on Birth Control. I'd rather take care of this discretely, if there is anyway to do so, because I would SEVERELY prefer my parents not to know. I am 17 years of age. My blood is a brown color, but there will be times where it will be red or both. I do not have any pains or aches anywhere, whatsoever. Can somebody PLEASE help me figure out what is and some suggestions or advice as to what to do so I can take action? I haven't yet, due to the fact that I was just thinking it might go away, soon... Help? :'(
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Brown vaginal discharge is most often associated with old endometrial tissues. In other words, if your period is late you might get a brown, rather than red, discharge. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. This brown vaginal blood with discharge can also be due to your old blood retained after periods or it can possibly be implantation bleeding in case you are pregnant.
Other causes could be polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases of pituitary gland, hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone and uterine abnormalities like fibroid and  cervical dysplasia.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Anyone over age 65 should remember ...
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
IGF1 and Muscular Development
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Protein Dessert That ...
4 hrs ago
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Top Women's Health Answerers
Women's Health Community Resources