Sore, swollen lump on inner thigh by bikini line

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 401-572 comments:
Heey yer im 15 and i got this thing too. umm i didn't know what it was and i squeezed it and blood and pus came out and now im worried cause i dont know what it is.
OMG!! I'm so glad I came across this the only differnce is on the second or 3rd day I tried popping it and it popped! It scared me cuz it shot out I no sounds gross but the only difference is I gave it 1 last squeeze to see if I could get the hair or the root out and this stuff came out what looked like chunks of meat!! It scared the HOLY S~H! Out of me! Then it bleed. An the next day it went down a lil but was still big an more chunky skin or tissue came out it WAS NOT puss!  After it bleed got clear and now nothing I can see the pin whole were it came out. Its went a lil down from the size of a golf ball to a ping pong ball still sore. Will see what happens. I'm not gonna squeeze it anymore an see what happens I no it will eventuelly go away! But what was that chunky meat thing that came out?
Well, back with an update.  The yeats infection cream experiment fell flat.  It was just a coincidence that it helped that day, or it was just at it's rupture point anyway.  So I got to thinking about most of these stories I've read here.  The majority here seems to have been suffering with this a long time or it's a genetic think (i don't know).  I'm 47 and this only started for me a few months ago.  So I brainstormed to try and think of all the new things I may have tried that could be causing this.  The only thing I could think of was the fact that my doctor started giving me Vitamin B-12 shots a few months ago and also put me on Vitamin D pills AND Vitamin B pills.  So, I fibbed, and told him I had to go out of town a few months to open a new office at work, so I can avoid the bi-weekly shots and I stopped taking the pills.  So far I haven't had any more new ones pop up on me and that's a good sign because they were popping up after I got rid of one, here comes a new and BIGGER one.  So I'm not sure if it's the shot or the pills or all 3 but I don't care.  If these horrible nightmares don't return, then I know the source and then I'm so DONE with chemicals!  So, if any of you are coincidentally using anything I mentioned, it could be some sort of reaction the body is having.  I'm not 100% sure yet, but so far so good!
Oh and one more thing!  Instead of baby powder, try to use cornstarch!  It really helps curb the need to scratch and it has no bad chemicals that will effect the skin, like perfumes, etc, in most powders.  You can get cornstarch at your local grocery store and yes, as another person said....don't squeeze them!  It makes them worse and makes them spread!  If they have an odor, get yourself some tea tree oil and PLEASE dilute it in a mixture with a LOT of water, because it is powerful!  Soak yourself a huge antiseptic pad (the soft ones) and lay it over the boil or open wound if u burst it already and that will keep the odor down. It has a smell of it's own too so best to wear the pad over it in the house!  Good luck ladies and gents (they get it too!!)
First of all I want to say how glad I was to have found this discussion board and I hope by the time I am finished I have shed some light on this nasty thing for all of you . Like all of you here I too suffer from this horrible disease (Hidradenitis Suppurativa) Google it. Which first appeared in december of 2010 like all of you at first I thought it may have been an ingrown hair from shaving in the bikini area mine by the way is in the left groin .I am a 57 year old female who has never had this happen before,so the bump as we will call it grew and grew became very painful and uncomfortable until it finally burst and drained ,I thought oh thank you Lord ,alas it wasn't the end of it it kept filling and draining pus,blood etc,finally in April I made an appointment and saw my family Dr. who said it looked like an infected hair folicle ,He prescribed an antibiotic in pill form as well as antibiotic topical cream ,He also took a culture sample and sent to the lab the results showed numerous staph present so the antibiotics were changed to fight the diagnosis .He asked to see me again in one week for a follow up which I did . There was still drainage at this point so I was put on more antibiotic pills and ointment again back to see him after another week ,results still the same drainage there. An appointment was made for me to see a specialist right away ,a week later I was booked in for surgery ,In between the surgery visit it became very painful and swolllen one night so I decided to take a very hot bath to see if it would help ease the pain. I used Epsom salts and stayed in there for maybe half an hour , I went directly to bed when I awoke in the morning it was after bursting and draining through out the night. The pain was gone again for another few days.(Day Surgery Day) Get to the hospital see the Surgeon who was to do the surgery she takes a look at it and tells me it's an infected sweat Gland ,hence the medical term mentioned above .She goes on to explain it to me saying surgery at this point would be pointless because it will not cure it sometimes this will run its course for maybe months and then may clear up and lay dormant for years before flaring up again ,(she told me it was my choice if I wanted her to excise it but it would not cure it because there was no cure ) she said that because of the location in the groin it would be very painful and hard to heal because of the elastic from the underwear in that area rubbing on the surgery scar (makes sense to me ) She also said sometimes it spreads to cover a much larger area of sweat gland and when it does that surgery would have to be done to remove those sweat glands and others in the surrounding area . I do at times find an aching pain about an inch down from the area on the inside of my thigh,I'm hoping and praying that its not spreading .Right now there is a very long hard scar bump there as well as a small hole from where it burst the first time that has never healed I'm thinking thats where the stap infection may have come from germs entering through the opening because it has been open there for so long and I work 12 hr shifts mostly outside in uniform and can't clean as much as I can when i am home .even though I am very clean over it ..She recommended that my family Dr. prescribe an antibiotic acne cream for it because she said that it seems to be the thing that works best for it . My advise if it helps any of you please get yourself to the Dr.never mind the embarressment just remember we are all human ,male and female. We all have the same ,this is a very painful thing to have to live with after all those years . I don't use any wash cloths to clean the area I went out and bought makeup remover pads antibiotic liquid soap and that is what I use to clean with so I can dispose of it right away .Some articles I have read on it say that it is contageous ,I totally forgot to ask the Surgeon .I will be visiting my family Dr.next week to get a prescription for the antibiotic acne cream and I will use it for a week then post a follow up for you all .. and I hope my little chat helped some or all of you .take care .
I get these boils too. They reoccur mostly around the time of my period and are such a pain. Some are like two small boils joined together to make a big one and are horrible. I haven't found a permanent solution but when feel a lump around the area this is the time to act! before it grows bigger and painful. Usually I boil water and vinegar and get a cotton pad and hold it around the area and repeat a few times until the water cools down. Then I use a product called "tend skin" which is made to prevent ingrown hairs (it is an alcohol solution which kills the bacteria and sheds the old skin so a new layer forms and the ingrown hair is visible so it helps it from growing inwards). After that dab tea tree oil around the area and repeat for a few days. The lump sometimes doesn't form into a painful boil. If It does, I use the inside of a potato skin to help bring the boil to a head (it works mostly when the skin is soft) then I boil water and vinegar and use a cotton pad to wipe the area clean. I also use peroxide to disinfect the area and apply a plaster. In the shower I find the boil pops itself and drains a little. Only squeeze it when it pops itself! and when it goes clear leave it alone and apply something to kill the bacteria like peroxide or an alcohol solution, or even salt water and put a plaster on it so it doesn't spread to other areas. Also make sure your undies are clean (wash them at 90degrees). I have an electric shaver so I shave before I shower so the area can be cleaned and to make sure the shaver doesn't spread any bacteria. I heard tumeric powder is good but haven't tried it yet but it makes sense if your immune system is strong to help fight off the bacteria from the inside so eat a balanced diet and eat less bread, pasta and other carbs as I find when I do that I get less problems.
i am so relieved to find this... i am 19 years old and i have had issues with ingrown hairs and boils since i was 13. but last tuesday i noticed a small (what i thought was a boil) coming up on my upper inner thigh, almost on my bikini line. normally i just let them go and they eventually go away on their own with moderate to min pain... but by wednesday it had grown to the size of a ping pong ball and was becoming more and more painful. i saw that it had a large head on it and i barely touched it and it poped.. i felt a small bit of releif and altho it continued to hurt i went on with my day as normal. thursday i noticed it was no longer draining and it was extremely painful. i put non stick gauze on it with neosporin and tied a bandana around it to keep constant but appropriate pressure on it. by friday i was in so much pain i could barely walk, i couldnt sit, and i couldnt sleep. i finally went to the little clinic inside kroger, i told the nurse practicioner how intense the problem was and she almost seemed to blow me off. she told me that being over weight can cause boils and carbuncles like this. she gave me a topical cream and an oral antibiotic. after leaving the clinic i went home and after a few short hours i could no longer walk at all, i couldnt sit with out eminse pain, and i screamed and sobbed all through the night. my BF was very understanding and tried everything he could to make me comfortable. saturday a friend gave me a few pain killers to help ease the pain for a while so i could sleep. when i woke up it was still painful but i was able to move around. i decided to go pick up lunch for me and my boyfriend. after walking to my car and situating myself in the drivers seat i must have irritated it again because halfway into my 16 minute drive to the chinese restraunt i was in so much pain i began to have tunnel vision. i pulled over. closed my eyes and gathered myself enough to continue driving. i could barely hold myself up in the restraunt long enough to order food. i got back in the car and the same thing happend, tunnel vision, i pulled into a drive thru and had to vomit due to the pain. i finally got myself home only to scream and sobb the rest of the night. this morning around 530 i woke up and felt like the entire inside of my thigh was wet. i woke my boyfriend up and had him turn the lights on. i took off my bandage to see that it was finally draining. since then i've changed the bandage 4 times each time the gauze pads are completely saturated. the pain subsided for a while so i tried to get a few more hours sleep. i woke up about 2 hours ago with the extreme pain again. i removed the bandage to see it was still draining but not as much. i tried a REALLY hot shower and its only gotten worse. i cant deal with the pain anymore, if these painkillers do not work i'm taking myself to the er. i can not get out of this chair without feeling that i'm going to collapse.
hey girls, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with these little annoying bumps:/
so I've had them since i was 12 and im 14 now... and they get worse and worse and i just figured it was just pimples until today.... i was about to shave my bikini line and found a bruise? i have never recently bumped into something and i have never had any sexual contact to conjure up a bruise like this... but under my skin i feel a really tender bump and im terrified!:( i don't see my female doctor until august! and i would love to find out what it is...because skin cancer runs in everybody in my family and I'm starting to think this is what it is:'( ya know, like a tumor or cyst...but lets hope for the best i guess.... and for the pimple-like bumps on my pubic area, i just use a hot cloth and place it over the bumps for 5 minutes or so and a little white head starts to form...then i usually give it a quick poke with a sterile needle and gently squeeze the contents out. just like a pimple! so good luck to everyone else... and wish me good luck for no cancer!:/
I have a cyst on my left leg & it is under the skin. I went to the ER yesterday because ivboke open a vein in my right knee & that was very painful. I have had the lump in my left leg for a while but i assumed it was nothing & my husband always says its nothing to worry about & compares it to past people he knew. I ask the er doc about the lump & he said it was a cyst under my skin & he did not do any thing about it. I think because of the broken vein. He said to be carful not to get cut because i could bleed to death. He said it is in the surface vein & most likly it will heal on its own butp there is a chance it could go in to a main artery & get in to my lung & kill me. Im only 24 years old & i have been with my husband almost 10 years & we have a 2 year old son & i pray that nothing bad will happen that i will miss out on my soul mates life & my beautiful blue eyed sons life. I have every thing i could dream of just by being with my amazing husband & my sweet little boy. Im leaving it up to God. The only way i am to know if i need to worry about my vein is if my foot swells up. So for now im going to live life & enjoy my wonderful family. By the way i broke open my vein by pillow fighting with my son on his king size bed & he through the pillow in my face & i was acting like he knocked me off the bed & i really fell on my knee & it was very painful. I have wrote letters to all my family incase some thing happens to me. I love my family so much. :)
I have the same thing. Its on the front literally in the center of my bikini area.. It looks like it could be a really deep pimple but it won't pop. There is a white part of it but I've tried taking a needle to it and cleaning it and draining it myself but it doesn't work. I have had this same bump for like a year now! I've wanted to go to a doctor but Im 17 and there is no way in hell i am going to tell my mother about this. I'm super self conscious about it. Should I go to a dermatologist or my own doctor?  Or what? Thank youuu!

I also have had this problem for a while. I’m 50 and this occurs in the summer months.  Today I went to a dermatologist. She prescribed Mupirocin ointment, Domeboro Astringent Solution, and Doxycycline Hyclate 100MG tablets.  The entire pharmacy bill was only 27 dollars. She took a culture but that will be a week in the waiting.  

It appears that shaving makes this worse, so don’t do that. Nair is OK. Don’t pop them because then the infection spreads. I told her that I’d been putting old fashioned paste toothpaste on it at night, warm compresses in the day, taking showers with Dial Soap, and using Neosporin on the bumps.  She said those were good things to do.

If the culture comes back as a staff infection, and staff is all over the place and not a huge thing to worry about unless your immune system is low or you are going into surgery soon, if it is staff then I will be placed on a nasal spray also.

I was recently on a long trip by car, and I know that the sitting aggravated it as well as  I only took two showers a day instead of my normal three or four during the summer. Popping them may seem to work in the short term but eventually they will spread in your system and it is not recommended. She didn't even want to cut an incision on it for fear that it might spread the infection. Mine are not that large this year but there are many of them on the inside of my thighs, along my bikini line, etc. I didn't want to go to the doctor because of their location, but, I am glad that I finally went in and had them looked at.
Often when these things( for lack of better word) subaceous cyst or boil become larger and fill with fluid simply squeezing the fluid out doesn't help, because now you essentially have an area that is void of tissue and because the healing progress of the tissue will heal the open ing in the superficial area of skin first you end up with an empty pocket of sorts below the skin that will fill with fluid again and become infected, restarting the process all over again. But when lanced by a professional they will pack the opened boil with a antibiotic soaked gauze such as iodiform, which will give the tissue something to cling to during the healing process and will cause it to heal from the inside out instead of the other way around. By packing it daily you will see a regeneration or new growth of tissue, eventually it will need less and less packing material and eventually be considered a superficial wound that doesn't need to be packed and can be healed with a simple dressing.  - josh hutchins RN/PhD
Im really happy i found this page because i found a bump on my bikini line and its been there for a few months. I was crying all night because i seriously thought it might lead to cancer. Im only 17 so the thought of that terrifies me. Ive had one before and it looked like a pimple so i thought popping it would help and it did. But now i have this one and its definitely been here longer than the first one was. I have curly hair so im used to getting ingrown hairs. Ive gained about 10 pounds this year so maybe that has something to do with my problem.

This lump doesnt grow. Its the same size it was before. It seriously feels like a pimple but when i try to pop it a bit of white stuff oozes out. If i poke it, obviously it hurts a little.

The last thing i want to do is freak out my mom about this and go see a doctor but if i have to i will. Somebody please tell me what i should do or at least tell me what i might have.
I have had the same exact one for about 2 years and i am 26.  It goes away for about a week to a month then comes back.  Its really a pain in the butt.  I have inquired about it to my gyn 3 times over the years.  I havent been told its much i should worry about, in fact the suggestions she had for me didnt work and didnt seem to bother her that it didnt (nice i know).  First time was just dont shave in that area, dont wear underware to bed for a little while (let it air out).  The second time was an oral antibiotic, and the third was a different antibiotic.  Needless to say i dont think she really had a clue.  But i saw someone posted about Tend Skin and i use to read about it when i went to school (for esthetics) and i think i will try it.  If you want to see a doctor just to make sure do it.  Just explain to your mom that according to this its not uncommon and doesnt have anything to do with what a mother, as a mother, would need to be concerned about, if you understand what i mean.  Good luck to you and hopefully this stuff can be resolved, its ANNOYING!!
The treatment worked. Mine turned out to be a staff infection. The antibiotics and cream took care of it. I still have some scaring but the bump is gone!!!!!!  My advice, see a doctor asap.
Hi everyone, reading this made me much more at ease because I've had these sore, deep bumps on my upper, inner thighs like you guys are describing since I was in 8th grade (I'm only 16, but these bumps really started to worry me so I figured I'd look for help) and I'm glad to know it's not like, a tumor or anything. Do you really have to get them cut out to make them go away? Because they're so painful and it's embarrassing when I wear bathing suits or short shorts.... because they're so gross ): Can anyone maybe help me out with some more information in terms I can understand?
Hi , I'm 17 this year and my periods came 2 days ago which is on Friday yet two days later I notice this little bump on near vulva which felt a little bit like a pimple and has a bubble? in the middle...and It is slighty purple and tender too.. and the worst it grew a little bigger afterwards.. I am super worried yet I feel that I can't approach my mum about it... Can somebody help??

* I'm using pads , will it cause this bumps?( I live in a very humid and hot area too)
i have had a painful bump since i was 17 and it got worse to the point it opened and started goosing all the time, i had an open hole for a long time it hurt cuz it was on my bikini line, so when i walk it hurt alot. i went to a lot of docs. no one could tell me what it was or how to fix it. so after alot of doc appointments and cutting things out of my life cuz it hurt, i tried everything ever doc told me. i sis baths w/ sea salt, gaz always down there to keep it from getting worse. it finally closed but then it would open again. so i finally had surgery to cut it open and drain it. i thought it helped tell recently i got the bump back had not opened yet but it looks like it will soon. Anyone have something they did that i could try doing to help my problem?
ri had one of these... turned out to be an infection frm an ingrown hair. i used a cotton pad soaked in natural witch hazel and placed it on the lump constantly changing the pad over 24 hours and the next day it just busted itself... i never felt so much relief and didnt even feel it bust lol but the smell that came from it was disgusting!!! witch hazel is excellent for this problem!
I have the same thing. From what I have seen its red and swollen, and hurts really bad. I can even sit down comfortably, and it hurts when I walk. It's on the end of the lip. It doesn't seem to be an STD, and I do shave alOt. Could it be what you guys are talking about? I'm scared and need advice in what to do
I think I might have the same thing, but I need a second opinion. It's a red puffy sore on the end of my lip of my vagina. It hurts ALOT especially if I sit down or walk. I do shave frequently. I started feeling the pain after riding my bike for a held hour yesterday. I'm scared that it might be an STD. Anyone know what it could be?
i just got a bump seems like overnight but i dont really know i shaved about a week ago so o know it hadnt been there then but its small and shiny and it hurts its not exactly where my bikini line is a little bit further in i tried to pop it but am scared it might spread idk what it is and never had 1 b4........ im freakin out and cant afford to go to the doctors
So i have had this lump on the left side on my inner thigh crease! I first saw this about 6 months ago and i thought it was an ingrown hair (i always get those) but it was like more swollen and i would only see it after i shaved, so i decided to squeeze it, well lets say it went averywhere, and it was really sore for a few days, then wasnt really anything, it kind of felt like a gland, but there isnt one on the other side, so tossed that out

So right now, i havent shaved in a week and i feel it there but it doesnt hurt, it is litterally just like a little Gland, but everytime shave it bleeds and he turns purple like Bruising! idk i am making a Dr appointment and i am hopeing they can tell me something good, i really dont want this to be a bad issue!

I appreciate everyones ideas and insight - it is very comforting to hear it could and hopefully is nothing major!
i am only 16 and i currently have one of these swore lumps near my area. i have been really worried about it ever since i noticed it continues to get bigger. i really don't like going to the doctor plus we don't have enough money, and was afraid of what she might say, but i am SO glad i found this because it has made me feel less concerned and less of a freak. i am going to try out the Tend Skin and see if that helps. thank you so much for the advice however!
So I womaned up and went to the DR. It turned out to be Nothing but a Hair, but from constant shaving down there i am not letting the hair grow long enough to pull out or to even break the skin, however i did take some of your advice and i took a super hot bath and i soaked for like 2 hours (no joke) and then the lump started bleeding and draining on its own. I was so happy. But the DR said Birth control can help the Follicles stay uncloged. How it is possible I have no clue, but when you shave your Bikini area OFTEN it leaves your pours open to build up and infection. they said that if you want to remove hair the best way is the PERMANT way, but who can really afford that method? I know i can't.

I am so releaved to know it is nothing! They said it can come back and many time in the same area, it can take up to a month to go away 100%.

I hope this helps! I know all your info before i knew what was happening really helped me a lot! Thanks everyone!
So right now I'm insanely freaking out . I have on and off had a small line like lump along my bikini line . But this time it's giant and red . Definitely swollen and PAINFUL to the point that I cannot even put on pants without almost being on tears . The pain started the day before yeterday and since then I have had 3 hours of sleep. I can't walk without a limp , the pain is excruciating . I didn't go to bed until 6 in the morning yesterday because of the pain Its so bad it's bringing me to tears . Which is not common because I have a very high pain tolerance . The lump isn't like a bump it is like a line . About an inch long and pretty thick . A few days before I had used a different rasor for shaving on my bikini line , I'm insanely scared its something bad . I've tried the warm wet cloth thing but it makes it hurt more ! It randomly starts to burn or sting . And if touched it's highly sensitive .
My lump on the inside of my leg has turned purple an repeatedly bleeding
I did a search for "bikini line cysts" and came across this page.  I was at work so I printed everyone's input and read through it.  I am 36 yrs. old and  suffer from these bumps for as long as I can remember.   I got tested for EVERY STD known to man when before I gave birth over 10 yrs. ago Dr. ruled out any STD's.  There is no known cure and often gets misdiagnosed.
Personally I noticed that my breakouts vary according to my monthly cycle.  About a week ago I had them worse than ever that's when I started searching the net for answers. TEND SKIN is the only product I saw people writing about and some said that it works.  I figured I cant lose in trying it.  One week later and I am almost back to normal.  Within 48 hrs. they were shrinking and today they are almost ALL gone.  I can sympathize with the pain and discomfort.  Readers please do not continue to suffer try TEND SKIN it works.  Along my research I came across another product called Renee Rouleau Anti-Cystic treatment. Haven't tried yet but thought you might want to know about other options.  Thank you for your input and I hope this helps someone as it did me.
Thanks so much for your reassurance! I've just had two of these lumps in the same place in the last month. I've had them on and off for the past decade (almost always in the same place), but this is the first time I've had such an instant re-occurance. I just moved to a warmer climate and I've been shaving, running, and wearing shorts almost every day. I was going to break down and go to a doctor, but I don't have a doctor in the new city. I was hoping it was some sort of ingrown hair/bacteria thing; I really needed to hear your story! Thanks again!
Hi ladies, so at the beginning of a lot of these posts there are thank you's and appreciations from people coming together and talking about this sensitive and kinda embarrassing subject. Its not that easy to bring it up in a conversation with the girls or get to your doctor right away when you have one of these come up.  im 24 and I have been getting these lumps around my bikini area for a few years now. About 4 yrs ago I got an infection which I honestly think it was mersa but do to the hospital that I went to (not my choice but I was in agony and sever pain which I don't wish that on anyone BTW) wasn't properly diagnosed with it. I had it very badly on my bottom it made me very sick. Ever since then once in a blue moon ill get another boil.At first I thought well maybe it was that . HOWEVER although these lumps which are still very painful they fell somewhat different than the pain and symptoms from a boil that ive gotten. ( if yah ever had one then you'd know)! When I weeded that out I  just chalked it up to shaving but I don't shave one of the areas that the lump pops up . Which is my inner thigh in my crease close to my private area. (bikini line.) but I have had a lump develop on private lip area which really scared me because of the area. Then I thought OMG herpes but was told it wasn't. I have noticed that some women get these around their cycle and really haven't connected or realized till I read these posts that I seem to get them around my cycle also. Which I actually just started today and yah guessed it I have a lump. At first it started out with my lower bottom of my butt bothering me though it was the way I sat or something then I started to feel the pain in my inner thigh area like it had traveled and the pain in my bottom is gone. I felt down there didn't feel a lump but about a day later its there. Like I have in the past I have tried popping it its not ready though I know I shouldn't AND IT IS SO PAINFUL!!!  . Usually as it progresses like others have said it kind will look like a pimple and then ill pop and it will go away about a day after. When I tried to do it earlier I couldn't walk or sit down I just laid there. I am a clean person and use the baby powder cornstarch all the time because I work out and just want to feel dry and fresh but I will definitely trying some of the tips and suggestions that you ladies have left here because im so tired of going this pain and discomfort even if it is every so often.
Thank you so much posting everyone
I have had these lumps for the past few years and I'm 22 now! I have one that reoccurs constantly and I just had a new one come up last week. When the break open and bleed I find that i have an 'open wound' or hole. I also have permanent scars from these cysts.

Does anyone else have bad scaring from theirs??
Hi it's such a releif to see thta others are experiencing similar results. I am 32 a mother of three kids are 11,13,15. In the last three yeras my body has gone CRAZY. I have adult acne.hot flashes through out the day and night major mood swings lots of hair coming out all the time. I think I can manke a wig a week. I continue to keep yeast and bacteria a have discharge on a daily basis i know i chnage panties 5or6times a day and use a box of huggie wipes a week.heeellllp!!!!!!! Even bladder is leAKING ALTHOUGH GAINING MUSCLES IN MY LEGS BECAUSE I HAVE TO SQUEEZE THEM TIGHT IN ORDER TO PEE OR COUGH. I developed a small hard knot the size of a pea on my inner thigh very close to thebetween area of the booty and vagina. It has been there non changing for almost two years.It was hard as a rock buty could be moved around. NO pain unless i tried to squeeze. THis morning i woke up and it is about the size of a half dollar and more tight and like a lump it is not even close to the size ot was and it is not hard now it is a lump???????????? Is this the same thing it kinda seems different but the same . Also my job does not offer insurance so i am self pay. I have just suffered through this hormonal stuff but it is beginning to take a toll. I am also extremely fatigued and i feel like i have horns.
Hi everyone, I couldn't be happier or more relieved to find these posts! I am 24 years old and I have been suffering with these terrible lumps, boils, cysts...whatever you'd like to call them for years and years now, since I was 12 and older. It started off only once and while and now it's like I'm constantly fighting these things. They go away for a while and then come back with a vengeance. They pretty much only happen on my inner thighs but recently have started under my armpits. I have never had the courage to go to the doctor for them. While I was lump free I went to the OBGYN and got tested for every STD under the sun and I was clean. Nothing at all! So I know it's not an STD. Sometimes they randomly will pop themselves at night or while I'm at work. It oozes out blood and puss. It's so disgusting but there is no smell! I have been with my husband for 4 years now and he's so so amazing, he never says a thing about it. He's so understanding and since he knows it's not an STD he is ok with it. He is always trying to make me feel sexy but it's hard when you have these unsightly things on your body, esp right in plain view while having sex. Anyway, I'm thankful for him being understanding. I wish there was a cure for this. I have to be conscious of the scars on my inner thighs while trying to find swim suites and shorts. I just feel so alone sometimes. I want to be able to have the freedom to wear a bikini and show off my legs but thus far it is impossible. It looks like a battlefield of scarring down there. :(   It looks like some of you out there have found ways to make it a little less intense. I am going to try ALL of these till I find something that can help. I hope everyone out there suffering with this problem will find a way to relieve the pain and scaring and embarrassment! Glad to know I'm not alone!  Good luck to all of you!
Hello Everyone

I've had these horrible things for a few years now and they have driven me nuts.  I feel so sorry for young people who are getting these - it's bad enough and I'm in my 40s.  I don't think it's because of getting hot as I have had them on the side of my breasts and they don't get hot.  The ones there don't seem to hurt as much, but the ones I get around my bikini line are horrendously painful.  

I have found that if I can catch them when they first start and put Fucidin cream on, then i have a chance of stopping them getting to the painful phase where they burst.  If they do come to a head and burst, then it's agony and they take forever to heal.

I don't shave, I have my bikini line waxed, but if I do get a break out, then I don't even have that done for months, so I don't believe it's ingrowing hairs (let's face it, my boobs are not hairy!!) I also don't think it's related to not being clean as I wash regularly, at least twice a day "down there"!

My latest feeling is that this is stress related.  I spent some months off work as I had a hysterectomy.  The moment I had to prepare to go back to work, the bliddy things came back.  I was given some antibiotics and these did seem to work, but only for a couple of months at the most.

The theory about the wheat is interesting, as I have another illness which is affected by wholegrain wheat - but when I was off sick from work, I didn't eat differently, so I am not sure about that.  I only eat white bread.  I'm planning on making my own bread to see if that helps.

In conclusion I think it is a Staph infection which is somehow brought on my stress levels - not by being dirty!  Looks like I shall be back to the docs soon as I've now got three of these boogers on the go.

Thank you for reading
Lottie (Worcestershire, England)
I have been reading all of these posts and was surprised to find the amount of women who have the same problem. I am 24 and am so embarrassed by these lumps especially with a holiday coming up. I find that the area bruises also and there is slight scarring from these lumps, any suggestions on what could help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi - I've just received my 2nd lump in the bikini area, I had my first just a couple of months ago, really painful, with lots of puss spots! I thought originally it was a reaction to having a bikini wax! even tho I've had lots. This finally went by itself, after popping the puss out. yuk! I also wondered if it was due to sweat. This weekend we've been to London and I'm guessing must of sweat alot! from all the walking around, (I do alot of exercsie/cycling and walking tho,) so not a new thing! and I've got another one, slightly smaller, but painful, and I havent been waxed! so now know its not related to the waxing. Reading your post about the Gluten and Wheat, this is very interesting, my sister is celiac, (wheat and gluten intolerant) so I was wondering if this is related to mine too. did you cut out Wheat aswell as Gluten?? thanks Rachael
I agree with you totaly!
I just read what you wrote and not only does my heart go out to you but I also have dealt with everything you have mentioned. I understand your pain and also feel that you shouldn’t have to suffer the way you do. If you follow what I write, exactly, it should cut down what you go through by at least half if not all.

Step 1.Stop all soaps, scrubs, cleansers, gels, and body washes. None of them are good for you as far as your condition goes except one. The only thing you should be using on the areas that give you the most trouble is Ivory soap. Not the gel or body wash. Just the simple inexpensive white bar of ivory with a washcloth. This will bring any inflammation, boils, rashes, chafing ,cysts, ingrown hairs, etc.. to a halt. You will see results in 2-3 days. Do not substitute or compromise. If the store doesn’t have the white bars then go to another place till you find them. This will dry out all areas immediately and will be the answer to your prayers.
I have suffered for 15 years with the same things you do and stumbled across this simple solution by accident. I know what I am talking about.

Step 2.When showering. After washing with the Ivory you will need to apply PanOxyl to all effected areas daily. PanOxyl is an over the counter 10% benzoyl peroxide body wash . Apply the lotion to the troubled areas and let sit for a few minutes. You don’t need a script and all drug stores carry this product. It about $10-$12.

Step 3.Drying your body is maybe the most important step. After drying off with a towel as much as you can ,take a hair dryer and dry the areas of your body that give you the most trouble. By the time you are done, you should not have any dampness whatsoever.

Step 4.By now, the troubled areas should be clean, medicated and dried. The last step is the final step so once again and like everything else, there is no substitute. Zeasorb-AF is a powder that works 100 times better then corn starch, baby powder and anything else that you might have tried. It’s a very powerful anti fungal powder and works incredibly quick against chaffing ,lumps, ingrown hairs as well as most of the other uncomfortable conditions that exists. It will keep you dry for a better part of the day. There is nothing else on the market that comes close to this. Like the PanOxyl. this also is in the $10 range.

For growths and abscesses that have reached an uncomfortable level. Poking with pins and squeezing can only turn into a more serious condition. If you have not received a serious infection as of yet then all I can say is that you have been lucky so far. When I use to get an abscess the size of a quarter on the inside of my thigh there was nothing stopping me from trying to break it open to gain some relief. I use to do the “heating the pin up” thing all the time. What happened was that something went terribly wrong. Something that normally would have gone away in 2 days put me in the hospital for 3 weeks with a MRCA infection. I know its painful and I know it ***** and I know your angry but please trust me when I say “your playing with fire.” On a positive note there is a solution….

Its not a simple home remedy. It involves a Doctor writing a prescription, but if you ask for the correct thing then you should never need to “pop” anything ever again.

Clindamycin phosphate topical solution patches.

These are small patches that contain the drug clindamycin obviously. They work much better then the topical gel because once they are placed onto the infected area they work in a more concentrated way. They basically dryout all and any problem areas over night. You will have most any type of out break under control before it reaches an uncomfortable point.

Remember… Ivory Soap..{White bar}
                      Panoxyl 10% benzoyl peroxide body wash
                      HairDryer
                      Zeasorb -AF
                      Clindamycin patches {script}

I am not going to say I hope this works for you because I am certain and without a shadow of doubt know that this will take care of it. Do this immediately because tomorrow is the first day of your life without being uncomfortable and miserable. Take care and God Bless……………..
One of the biggest problems or so it seems, is that most people on here who suffer from this same condition refuse to put down the bars of Dove.Until that happens they will continue to suffer.
hello im 16 and i have the same problem this is my third one, i have gone to the doctors before and they said its an infection (didnt say what from) but they gave me antibiotics and it cleared within the week they said its nothing to worry about :)
I am very glad to have found this discussion. I have been suffering from these bumps since I was 10. I'm 21 now. I get them all the time. And it's not just one or 2 its both the full inner thighs, under my armpits, under both breasts (not as bad, one or two here) and most recently I found one on the outer lip of my vagina. I have seen many doctors, er doctors and dermatologists. They all told me it was uncureable and that I need to lose weight. I am fairly heavy but i've lost a bunch of weight and it hasn't helped. they keep getting worse. I've been put on anti-biotics and an anti-biotic soap (the one doctors use in the OR) nothing helped. I started recently getting really bad acne (pretty sure its from stress of my deteriorating sex life my with boyfriend of 3 years...thanks to these bumps) So I bought Proactiv and decided to get the body wash as well since my boyfriend gets some pimples on his back. I tried it on my bumps and it worked. I scrub under my armpits and under my breasts everyday. they have been clearing up and no new inflammations in the past 2 weeks (I used to get new ones daily even though I shower everyday) However it hasn't worked on the ones in my inner thighs yet. So I guess if you have these bumps try proactiv body wash, honestly, what have you got to lose?? but think of what you could gain! I now where sleeveless shirts and I don't have to wear a undershirt under my bra to stop it from rubbing against the bumps. I will keep you all updated on the inner thighs. Like I said it's only been 2 weeks, might take longer since they are more serious. Oh and just so everyone knows, I only wash with the Body Shop shower gel and body polish. I hate bar soaps and other soaps...leaves my skin feeling tight.
nice to know I'm not alone out here. I'm 27 and have been dealing with these for about 12 years, such pain and embarrassment. I'm married and don't share this excitement, I can't face the conversation even with him... it *****, really does, so I'm sorry that I'm not alone.
I have had this problem since about 16 or 17. The inner thigh, bikini area at first. One or two at a time then they go away and more come. They got so big at one point and hurt like a motha. I went to the doctor and she gave me some antibiotic or something but didnt seem concerened. Then they cleared up for awhile and now they are back and worse also now they appear on the pubic hair area. They seep and bleed and now one is seeping bright green on the bandages but seems to be healing. The only bandages that work are the fabric ones because the plastic just crinkle and poke at the sore more. Now I dont have insurance to go to the doctor and dont want this problem any more. But it wont go away and the scars last forever. At one point I has so many bandaids down there it looked like a horror insendent. It is a real irritating pin needle feeling.
I am so glad i found this site. i read through and seen that i wasnt the only one going thru this but im so embarrsed cuz i just got engaged and dont know what to say to my fiance. a few months ago i got this lump right on the inner thigh close to the vaginal / pubic area,  after 2 days it was inlarged and swollen that i barely can walk. so painful and tender that i just wanted to pop it. well i finally tried to squeeze it and i cant begin to tell how much puss came out but the relief was unreal i cleaned it with alcohol. so again now its happened but the swelling was horrible around the area and pain was leaving me in agony. please tell me is this normal or should i see a dr.
i have the pain on my inner thigh near the groin area and its inflammed n painful... but there is a black dot in the middle of it...... wen i touch it, it has a hard mass which i would lik to squeeeeeze it.. how i wish but im sure wat is it.. help!!
Hi everyone. I am 20 years old and I have only had one of these guys before...probably about 4 years ago.

The first one was on my right inner thigh right near my groin. I sometimes would get ingrown hairs down there so I just assumed that that was the problem I was having. Like a lot of people said, I'd pop it and blood and a little pus would come out...this cycle happened every 2 or 3 day for about 2 months. Finally, I  decided to leave it alone entirely... I didn't touch it for 4 months. I even forgot that it existed because it stopped hurting until one night I felt the bump there... not as inflamed as before, but definitely there. I took a sterilized pin and I popped it... honestly, it was the most disgusting thing that I have seen in my life. So much blood and pus came out, plus a big plug like you see when you have an ingrown hair. The area was a little tender after that for a few days, but it never came back again. I don't know why it never came back but I'm not going to complain!

Unfortunately, last night right before I went to bed I noticed one on the inside of my left thigh. As far as I can tell, it formed sometime in the 6 hours since I'd come home from work that night. I think because of the placement and because they are so painful, I would have noticed if my underwear was rubbing it all day... I usually take my underwear and pants off when I get home because I live alone and I hate feeling restricted down there. Of course, my first response was to pop it, which I did and the blood and pus came out. When I woke up this morning, I tried to see if it has filled up again, which it hasn't. I'm going to see if I can resist from popping it... I get the weirdest satisfaction from popping pimples and this is the ULTIMATE pimple, lol. It feels like it's open right now, probably from me popping it last night, but when it heals over, maybe I'll try the corn starch idea.

You know, a few of these posts note that they get these around their period... I would not be surprised if that was the case for me, since I'm due for me period in like 3 or 4 days and I always break out a little bit on my hairline and the small of my back around that time.
I am also really glad I found this. I am 19 and I have been having boils since I was 12. Right now I have two really painful boils on my bikini line as well, and I can't wait to get rid of them. Something that has helped me lately is Hibiclens wash. I use it every time I take a shower and it has helped me a great deal.
I've had surgery on the same spot I've been cut open on 7 times then when I had surgery it still comes bk now I'm dilling w a whole n my bekini area that had 1 that busted open an an now is eatin my skin I'm so scared 2 go bk 2 doc I'm scared 2 death 2 b cute open again
I have had this problem for years and sometimes gets so big and painful i have had to miss work and always felt embarrassed about it as over time these boils have left dark red and purple scars and indentations in the skin on and around my bikini line! Anyone with any tips on how to reduce scarring or get rid odd scarring in this area would be much appreciated
i got one of them things right now. and the only thing i could do was sit under really hot water in the bath tub to get the swelling down and then putting triple antibiotic cream on it, it soothes it and its also supposed to draw all the puss out. but well see. so far it doesn't hurt to sit or move at all anymore and its not as big as it was.
It feels good knowing there are other people who know exactly what im going through and it is comforting knowing its nothing serious that requires special attention because im only 17. I always come back to this page every few weeks to see how everyones doing & it seems some of you  found ways to get rid of it temporarily but it always comes back. im not sure if thats good or bad.

What i really want is to find out what causes this, how to prevent it, and how to treat it. I dont want to go to a doctor because it sounds like even they arent sure what this "bump" is. Hopefully one day this will be given a name.

My lump is located on the inside of my thigh. it isnt painful, its just there. Some days its better than others but it never goes away & i think its been there since January..nearly a year! Has anyone had one thats been there longer that? What i really need right now is someone who has had my problem and has found a way to get rid of it. Id really appreciate it if you could help me.
they are clogged glands, theres no cure they can lance them and drain them but lets face it  who wants to do that, solution that works for me fill tub with hottest water you can stand add epsom salt and soak as long as you can it may take a few soaks but it will pop open dont squeeze just lightly press on it once it pops in the tub and it will drain quite a bit when it slows or stops stand up and rinse, dab dry and apply triple antibiotic cream after a few days the rest just goes away
I've been suffering from HS for over 10 years. It started with ONE cyst on my undie line where the thigh joins. Three times I had it surgically drained under general anesthetic as it kept coming back. Since then, over the years, it's progressed and now tunnels under the skin on my groin area (pretty much anywhere hair grows 'down there') various sizes, shapes. Some burst some don't. Some hurt like he'll and some not at all. Some hang around and pus/weep/bleed for up to a month. I've had more antibiotics than I can count - has never worked. I've been told there's no cure.  Dr said if it gets bad enough they can surgically remove the sweat glands but I see from reading here that still may not stop it.

My mum continually tells me to put a bread poultice on it and I once got so sick of bloody hearing it that I did. Needless to say soggy hot bread did squat. She still firmly believes it's the cure - I firmly believe she's an idiot in this regard!!

My groin area is all scarred and there's patches where hair doesn't grow from the scarring. I'm 35 and single and am not putting myself through the embarrassment of explaining it again to a new partner or having to say "sorry we can't have sex, I have a pussing wound". I guess I'll be single forever.

Some people on here have posted symptoms that may not be HS but for those who have it - well it ***** to be us. A lot.

*s u c k s. Didn't think that was an offensive word?
Oh man I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one I been getting them like crazi I have one on the side of my leg by my bikini area and it hurts I even have scars from other ones below my hair line, please help what can I do to stop getting them I shave often Cuz I don't like a lot of hair :(
I don't know which is worse - the embarassment or the pain? Luckily, I'm married, so I don't have to explain, but seriously - these things are crazy! I'd had one many, many years ago, then suddenly around April they started coming almost all the time. I get about a week or so of relief between them, then - boom - there's another one. I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS SITE - knowing I'm not alone somehow makes it better. I tried all of the home remedies EXCEPT the Ivory soap, keep it dry method - that's my plan for my current "Mr. Ugly." (I'll let you all know how that goes.) About 2 months ago, one got so big it hurt to sleep (only standing still made the pain go away), then it was followed up by one on my chin (talk about ugly!).

One thing I've noticed - I ALWAYS have a hair in there somewhere. Shouldn't insurance cover hair removal for something like this? It seems pretty "rooted" in the hair folicle (sorry for the pun!) - whether it's ingrown or infection or whatever. And, just so you all know - NOT shaving does NOT help - much to my hubby's dismay, I tried that too.

It makes a great excuse for a nice, hot bubble bath - but we really don't need a reason like this for that :)

I'll let you all know how the Ivory soap works. It that fails, I guess it's off to the MD. I just can't do this anymore.
Good day to all. My name is Dr. Magdalin Rawlings. These lumps are not serious. Once you have confirmed that you not infected with any STD's, then there ABSOLUTELY nothing to worry about. This can be caused due to blood clots in the vain, by constantly wearing tight under wears and can be caused by stress.

Our company deals wit 100% herbs that cures 90% of illnesses such as polycystic ovaries, gallstones, migraine headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, urinary tract infections, Urinary tract infections, including cystitis (bladder infection) and kidney infection (pyelonephritis), high blood pressure (hypertension), autoimmune disorders (for example, multiple sclerosis, Sjogren's syndrome, and lupus.

For the reducing/removing of the swelling/lump, email us at ***@**** for information on purchasing out products.
Dr. Magdalin once again. There was a problem with the email. call +1868-320-7007 for information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also email us at dr.***@****
I have four this month.  The most I ever had was two.  Does anyone notice that these swell when squeezed?
attention everyone - read the post from rayval, she knows what she is talking about - you can also use SUDOCREM (don't know if it is sold anywhere outside the UK) but it is a superb tried and tested antibacterial cream - very powerful and really sticks to the skin.  I tried rayval's advice (except i used sudocrem) and my lumps went in 1 5 days.  Hooray!!
Hey ladies..I get these lumps as well. Not very often, maybe 6x in my 40 years. I currently have one on my bikini line, just in front where my panty line is. What I do is simply place a bandaid over it until it pops on it's own. Usually in about a week or so. The bandaid also acts as a cushion as well as suffocating the lump in order for it to pop. I've found that mine occur from shaving to often in that area along with my underwear rubbing on the shave bumps. They really are painful and the bandaid helps tremendously. So don't get all crazy with worry. It's just another thing us women have to deal with along with everything else that men don't.
Hi, Its the same case with me too, but i have it just right down my tailbone and its an odd and worst situation where in you cant walk and sit until it bursts. This is happening for years now and Im 25 at the moment. the doctor says surgery will not help and this leaves a mark when it not grown and when it grows becomes pink and ultimately bursts out with little blood and pus. Is this issue now sorted with you as Im in still pain. Can you suggest plz
So we are getting this by shaving? I had months back but now its back again its bigger and it causing me to limb and I can't sleep cuz its makin me uncomfortable
I just have a small question (I'm a little bit of a massive hypochondriac). I'm almost 100% sure, gathering from what I've read up on the internet, that what I have is the same/similar thing to you guys. HOWEVER:
The spot thing has been here for 1 day, it's on my inner thigh. Underneath I can feel a hard sorta pea-sized bit that I guess is the pus-sack or ingrown hair or whatever. Did anyone else have this?

I know it's not cancer, because it's damned painful, but just for ease of mind, I'd like to know. If it doesn't come to a head or go away in 2 weeks, I'll go to the doctors anyway.

PLEASE SOMEBODY REPLY!!!!!
hi ladys. i have been looking online for this for ages now i don't want to go doctors because its my privates you don't want to show it to anybody specialy when you have these disgusting horrible things around it.

i have 3 at the moment and every single one are painful and different sizes too the one on my inner thigh is the largest size of a grape sticking out so you can imagine how im walking.. like i have poopd my pants or something, can't tell anybody why im walking funny uhhh so frustrating, its been like 2weeks i have these 3 lumps they'r not going away & i just want to cry! my partner is abit confused why i keep turning him down when he makes a move on me at night time. this the worst time ever! what do i do?? somebody please jus tell me what should i do for it to go away i cant even sit down it hurts so bloody much ='(
I'm really glad I found this site.  I've been struggling with these lumps for four years now since I was 34 without a proper diagnosis.  I've had antibiotics that clear them up but then after a few weeks or months (longest time before relapse has been 10 months) they re-occur.  I read Stressd222's post and I realised that I have exactly what this lady posted and then found this http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Hidradenitis-Suppuritiva.htm - I'm so relieved that I'm not alone in these hateful and recurring blocked glands and that there are ways to get some help.  Anyone suffering please go and see a doctor, it's not worth being in pain or embarassment about.  Good luck xx
Hi there i am a 24 year old male i have get these all the time. The doctor i go to always just gives me any antibiotic and sends me on my way with no pain killers at all. The start of this week i had a small uncomfortable abscess growing on the inside of my leg which has since grown to be the size of a fist. It's so painful and wish it would just come to head! Does anyone know any good ways to get rid of this abscess faster without squeezing it to aid it bursting. Thanks, David x x x
This is a pilonidal cyst and can be fixed with minor outpatient surgery.  There is a pocket along the skin of your tailbone area that has closed over.  Inside this pocket are hairs and skin cells that die and regenerate.  Ultimately it will become infected.  This has nothing to do with cleanliness, weight, or anything else 'helpful' people might tell you.
Go to the doctor and get it not just lanced, but lanced, cleaned out, and sewn open.  You will never have that problem again.  If your doctor won't listen to you, go to another one.
Hi aanjheni. I have had a pilonidal cyst before on the bottom of my spine (tailbone) Which i had lanced and packed with cotton for like 2 weeks which was like 2 years ago now. This cyst/abscess is between my leg and groin and has swollen up like i said. I have noticed it has a small scab on the part most swollen so i think it might come to a head on its on. Every so often also i feel asif something inside it is burning or moving around. I don't know if its just the fluid or destroying other tissue around it.
Okay. You REALLY need to tell your mom about this!!!
I'm 13, and I had a period for almost 3 entire months. HEAVILY. I didn't want to tell my mom because I was also really self concious, but in the end I did tell her. We went to the doctors about 3 days later. I found out that I was anemic, I had breathing problems, and that I also have nutrition problems, but if my bleeding doesn't stop soon, the doctor might have to do some scary things...truthfully I'm really scared. BUT it's always better to tell your parent(s). I hope you do tell her and go see a doctor :)
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I got this bump on my left inner thigh like, 2 days ago. I am 16 by the way. And the diameter is similar to a ping pong ball. It doesn't bother me alot but it hurts when I press it. It also aches a little when I walk because pressure is applied to it. I don't know what it is but it doesn't seem to have a head of any sort, just like a bruise or something, but it's almost impossible to get a bruise down there is it? Is it like, a tumor or something (omg)? I don't know when it's going away but it hasn't been getting smaller over the past two days. And I am on the verge of going to a doctor for antibiotics. Should I do that? Thanks alot all!!
Hi guys I have these bumps too.. I went to the doctor and Im just wondering.. DO ANY OF YOU GUYS THIGH RUB TOGETHER WHEN YOU WALK?  supposedly what happens  the pores or whatever gets inflamed dirt sweat get in and just make a big mess of things.. also if you've ever shaved your thighs you might get this little dilemma ... Something I tried that works when ever I get this is apply a cloth with APPLE CIDER VINEGAR..and leave it for a few but if your thighs rub together.. or if your jeans rub you up your stillll gonna get them I usually get them when I start chaffing... So yea hope this helps..
I am also ecperience this painful lump on my inner thigh which produces a puss and blood like substance. It comes and goes, sometimes sweelling up into a ping pong size lump. I was wonderding what type of dr is appropriate to see, a gyneocologist or dermotoligist?
Is the cyst burning under the skin and not coming to a head for a few days?  After squeezing does it turn purple after bleeding with pus?  Is the size of it growing or changing instead of getting better?you are  need to be seen by a physician.  I had all these scenarios, upper thigh, butt cheek, various other spots.  iF YOU SQUEEZE AND GO THROUGH THE PAIN TO POP INTO AND IT DOES NOT HEAL LIKE IN TWO DAYS....soory for all caps. You will need antibiotics to prevent sepsis.  I had a hard time getting diagnosed, doc said spider bite. Ended up in ER with and found out about MRSA.  I had a low grade fever, was in the hospital with serious IV antibioyics.  YOU DONT HAVE TO Take it that far.  Go see an urgent care or ER or you doc.  It is no an
STD or sexually transmitted.  There is an epidemic. Major league sports teams are reporting it. It is a medically resistantsomething to antibiotics.  
Well I am 32 and have had the same issue since I was 17 years old...Staph infections, which form of bacilli I am still unsure...Vetermycin is a infection wound spray used for animals its microbiology is able to control MRSA staph infection which is not yet resistant to this spray, I suggest all to try it, I know it sounds obscure but it works my skin has all cleared, I have one underskin hard boil that has yet to heal but no new ones have occured, I will not say its cured me because I do not wish to curse myself..Also controling outbreaks with Muprocin its an ointment you can put in your nostrils and I suggest any family members that live with you, staph is contagious....you put in nostrils because thats where staph is grown as normal flora of our system...we all have it as humans, the reason for break outs is there is different forms of staph an sum are suseptible to catching the contagious form and reacting and sum are not.

bleach bathes once a month/ always clean towels/ never reuse a razor blade/ clean sheets/ clean clothing...not saying that this is cures, but also you want to control the infection from not spreading to your love ones...tea tree oil helps with already occuring boils and sores and helps the heal quicker.....AGAIN Vetermycin!!! 39.00 at local pet store like pet co.  I have been to doctor after doctor...dermatologist after dermatologist, I dont know if the fact there is no profit gain for the medical industry and the pharmacutical industry on why the masses are not educated on correct forms of treatment...But from someone whom has been hiding under her clothes most all her life and has had the boils spread from groin area to armpit area to on my breasts!! my own studies and investigations and learning the functioning of the microbe and researching information is how I came up with my conclusion, so wont say I know anything is for certain, but I will post this anyways for all the people out there suffering as I have....Staph is everywhere!!!! its noscomial and community associated now disease its on shopping carts ...its in our waiting rooms...The reason staph is so wide ranged among the masses is that our gyms, nursing homes, hospitals, daycares...Incubators for this microbe to grow and flourish..The best of luck to you all...you are not alone, and noone is lookin for a cure cause this is a money maker for the medical money making industry.
oh and fyi, when you squeeze these thangs, you are giving them the opprotunity to spread..hot compressed rags and place them on the sore let the heat rise the infection out that hard substance is like the core of infection if you can lift it out it will heal alot more quickly...squeezing distributes the infection under the skin to spread amongst your body...if gets in blood stream can be dangerous...staph is dangerous be smart while treating it.
I'm pretty sure what you had was a boil, I had one a while back and it has a "core" in it that blocks more puss and blood underneath, until it's fully out you can't fully drain it
no cure for us thats what the dr say it cant be cure i went to 82 docters and all tell me the same thing they can give you samething for it but it will come back it will go down when u take antibotic (antibiotic)  but it will even be more sore when u stop the pills.
Hey Ashley, you should of gone to the doctor days ago. Any sort of pain that affects your life this much NEEDS attention! You may feel comforted thinking that these other messages are whats wrong with you right now, but it may not be. Get to a doctor. Best case scenario is that it is just one of these not so harmful bumps that just seriously needs to get drained. I once had one the size of a ping pong ball and just due to where it was I couldnt close my legs or walk. I went to my OBGYN and she drained it and took samples. Turned out I did need to go to the doctor because that particular cyst like bump was caused by something that weight, or carbs...different bacteria can do different things. Go to the doctor.
I get them on my inner thighs and two big spots on my lower butt cheeks!  Before they
would itch but now they've been drain a yellowish puss! I've been reading on line trying to figure out what it could be.... I used to bathe once a day now I'm bathing multiple times!!! I'm too embarrassed to go to the doctor... Help?!
Thank you so very much for this information. Finally, a name to this horrible disease. I've been suffering from this for over 3 years now and none of the Dr's I've seen haven't or won't treat it. Maybe they didn't even know what it was. One did give me some antibiotics and that helped, but because they haven't been treated properly, I now have terrible scars on my breasts and now my groin. I wish these Dr's would realize how very painful these are for the week to ten days it takes for them to drain on their own. Thank you again for this information. I'm sorry you and everyone here have to suffer with these, also.
I own an Enagic SD501 Leveluk Kangen Water Machine.  Alkaline water.  This particular machine has a strong acidic water 2.5 acid water button and a Beauty water button that's 5.5.  There are many videos on you tube about this machine.  I applied the 2.5 acidic water with a cotton ball and followed up with 5.5 beauty water and let it air dry.  Pain and swelling instantly gone within 5 minutes.  

My guess is that I recently was drinking soda regularly again....and it is VERY acidic.  Alkalinity is so very important because disease of ANY kind cannot breed in an alkaline environment.  There are Enagic distributors all over the world and places where you can try the water for 30 days.  My machine costs 3980 before taxes and shipping, and yes it's expensive, but the benefits are ENDLESS on so many levels. My family drinks it and uses it and we are all LIVING PROOF of how well it works.  There are payment plans offered and I would suggest to everyone getting one of these machines.  

Watch the you tube testimonials.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV5WYCXNltg&feature=related
Can you buy this is canada. And mine is so swollen on the inside of my leg it has went into the one side of my vagina. It has been there off and on for 1 yr
i am 52 yr old and have suffered from these pretty much my whole life 40 yrs at least. I have had one come up on the inner thigh it has now swollen my lip. It just seems to come up and i sit in hot baths and it goes down a little bit but does not break or ooze anything it kinda just sits there with the hard core. I do not want to go to the dr cause he will want to cut it open which i am not prepared to go through that for it to come back. i live in canada and would like to know what if any of these meds on here are available here.  Thanks
where do you buy tend skin
oHGOD IT'S PROBABLY AN INGROWN HAIR!sorry caps were on, if you use a spot cream (you know the ones that you put on a spot and leave overnight) it should help it, as they have salacylic acid which helps unblock the skin thats covering the hair follicle!Empathy my friend, they're awful xx
I have never heard of a spot cream do you have a name for one. And is it available in Canada. thanks for the response
With so many comments, it is usually impossible to read them all. So I wanted to share what stressed222 shared back in June of 2011. Many of us are likely suffering from Hidradenitis suppurativa. Here is what the Mayo Clinic has to say about it...

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NI-tis sup-u-ra-TI-va) is a chronic skin inflammation marked by the presence of blackheads and one or more red, tender bumps (lesions). The lesions often enlarge, break open and drain pus. Scarring may result after several recurrences.

Considered a severe form of acne (acne inversa), hidradenitis suppurativa occurs deep in the skin around oil (sebaceous) glands and hair follicles. The parts of the body affected — the groin and armpits, for example — are also the main locations of apocrine sweat glands.

Hidradenitis suppurativa tends to start after puberty, persist for years and worsen over time. Early diagnosis and treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa can help manage the symptoms and prevent new lesions from developing.  

Your best course of action is to go see a dermatologist as opposed to your general physician. I have been suffering from these for at least 20 years and like most of you just thought they were ingrown hairs or irritated glands. I have been overweight my whole life and assumed these were just something fat girls had to deal with due to skin rubbing in delicate areas. I'm relieved to finally know what is really going on. The disease does NOT have a cure, but a dermatologist can prescribe treatments. Good luck everyone and thanks again to stressed222!
unfortunately i think that sudacreme is banned in the US and elsewhere. I remember taking it with me on a flight and was told that it would be confiscated as it's an illegal substance in the US. :s Perhaps germoline or savlon alternatively?
By half_pint12
I've been getting bumps, cysts or boils right where my panties rub...Last week I felt another  one forming...within about 32 hours, it went from the size of a pea to the size of a golf ball.  It hurt to touch it and it was warm....I told my partner about it and she looked at it...immediately she handed me my phone to call the Dr.  I went that same day..Dr said he was sure it was MRSA... He took a culture and prescribed an antibiotic and an ointment to put into my nostrils.  He also told me to wash from the neck down daily with hibiclense.  It's getting better.  Also important to clean house and use a disinfectant on all frequently touched surfaces, and wash all clothing and bedding.   I go back to the dr. on friday..I will let you all know how things turn out.
my doctor has told me never to put any kind of powder on them because the powder clogs the pores and you may cause more.
I get these bumps all the time :( I am even in medicine for them(an acne medicine and even put a medical lotion on everyday) they seem to never go away. I think my next move is going to be surgical.
Thank you so much for the insight. They started happening to me. I thought it was some allergic reaction to some shower gel I was using. But that makes more sense.  I will try to keep that area clean. I really did not know what that was. I knew it was quite painful. Thanks for sharing.
I am 19 yrs old about to be 20 and I have suffered with these cysts for over a year now. I am VERY SELF CONSCIOUS about these bumps, it makes me feel disgusting I cannot even wear a bathing suit because they have spread so much! I have tried to go to the doctors and there is nothing they can do, they told me there is no cure. I wish there was something we could do to cure these. I can't even have intercourse with my partner with the light no because I can't bare him to see them. He does know about them and he does not mind but it really is embarrassing, I live in a dorm and I change in my closet for fear of my roommate seeing! I hope and pray that they soon find a cure for this! I am so glad to read other peoples post on this to know I am not alone. I do think that for some reason that for me it has to do with the more weight I gain the more they come I didn't start seeing these until freshman year of college when I started gaining tons of weight ): I hope the best for everyone and if anyone knows of something that can help me please reply! Thank you  
I Have Hidradenitis Suppurativa.  Sometimes surgery does help in my case it did.  I had it on both inner thighs about 14 yrs ago. They did the surgery on both thighs 9 inch incisions. The right thigh was worse they had to excise it to the muscle and bone. But once it healed I haven't had a problem with it since. Just recently I found a bump at the junction of your leg and private area. I am hoping it is a boil. A couple days and I will know. I just felt the need to say something to you about the surgery because sometimes it does help as long as you have the right surgeon. They have to make sure they get it all and especially the core that is somewhere with in the bump. It is called a orphan disease because there aren't enough people that have it to have studies done about it. At least that is what they told me 14 yrs ago. And by the way it is NOT contagious.
everytime i get my period i get this bump on my panty line and i thought it was a pus pocket or poil or something so i squeezed it which apparently wasnt the best thing to do but pus DID come out of it not much but it did and but now it got bigger maybe the size of a nickel and i dont know what to do with it.
helllllllllp im getting kind of worried..
This past summer i had a lump like this on the outter part of my right calf and now i have another one on the back of my right thigh right on my bikini line underneath my butt. They both started out looking like tiny little pimples with a tiny white head on it in which i popped them; after that within a few hours they grew in size and became very painful. I have pushed puss out of it but now its a lump under my skin thats extremely swollen, red, and painful,just like the one on my calf. The redness covers a portion of my thigh, probably about the diameter of a tennis ball or two. Another similarity between both times is the pain is unbearable. With my calf i could barley walk; i had a hard time walkin across the stage to get my diploma when i only had to take a few steps. Now with my thigh i can barley walk at all. It all started the night before lastnight and is quickly getting worse. Work is a hastle when we get busy because its hard for me to run around trying to take people their lunch. Now heres the part yalll wna know since these lumps are exactly like yalls; i eventually went to the doctor for my calf after it looked like agolf ball sticking out of my leg and got it lanced so they culd see what it was and gave me some ointments and antibiotics. When i got my test results back it ended up being MRSA which is a deadly form of staff if not treated soon enough. Im about to go for the one on my thigh and i reccoment that anyone with the same thing go get it checked before its too late!
Hello all - just wanted to let you know I also have the same issue and the medical term for this condition is hidradenitis suppurativa.

The reason I'm writing is because I found a solution to this issue. I googled "hidradenitis suppurativa cure/treatment" and found EMUAID. I've been using it for the past two weeks and the hard lump under the skin is 80% gone. It also no longer hurts when it rubs against my jeans and the dark coloration is fading away. You can try looking for it on Ebay, but when I did, no one was selling it. They only sell it from SHEER LAB (I think that was the name) and you can't find this at your local drugstore or pharmacy. It's kinda pricey at almost $50, but I think it's really worth it. It saids to use it 2 - 3 times a day but I've only been using it 1-2 times a day bc I dont have time to keep applying to that area unless I'm home. But so far the results are excellent!. Go check out their website. I've also applied them to my acne as well.

http://emuaid.com/

Hope this helps ladies!
I feel exactly the same way you do. I am chunky myself and ive had these things for years now. It seems the chubbier i have gotten since being a young teen the more they develope. When i shave my thighs and bikini area seems to irritate it aswell. Summer is the worst being that I sweat a billion times more and my thighs rub together. When i was younger i was a huge tom boy and wore a lot of baggy pants which didnt help the problem at all being that my thighs rubbed together 24/7. Now that Im older and have adobted a more feminine wardrobe it has definitly helped. The only solution I seem to have is always wear pants that protect my thighs from rubbing, Always use alcohol to clean the area after shaving and the best lotion/cream i have found for me, though on the expensive side, is anti-itch cream with hydrocortisone....store brand works just fine. Keeping the area clean and dry as much as possible seems to be the key...as much of a pain in the *** of a daily ritual it is it pays off in the end. Though i still from time to time get the painful annoying ones (usually around when im menstrating) LEAVE THEM ALONE!! do not pop, poke, or squeeze! Hot compress and alcohol swab/rub and leave it be! :D Though I dont want anyone to have to suffer with these it is comforting to know im not a freak!
OMG I have HS severely. It keeps me from working & I've had them lanced and packed. I'm at the urgent care at least once every 3 months & all they can do is give me antibiotics. I get them all over my groin area in different spots, but the worse 1 have is in the same spot. It gets to the size of a golf ball & always decides to drain while im at work or out somewhere~~& u wanna talk @ stinking!! Anyway the antibiotics dont work for me they just make the boil harder & keeps it from popping. It ***** where I have it it is right on my underwear line & when its full blown I am unable to sit or walk. Right now I am home from getting it lanced yesterday & my job is in jeapordy because of it. The drs tell me not to shave there & I havnt shaved in almost 3 years. I just dont understand it~~been going on since I was in my 20's & am now 51. I always thought it was a reaction to my period but I havnt had that for 3 years either
Thank you for this very detailed step by step treatment. I have had one for the past few months that has tourmented me. This afternoon another one shot up twice the size out of no where. It's located right next to the other one. I can't take the discomfort. It's embrassing for me. I will begin trying your remedy tomorrow. Hopefully reflief is not far behind.
Well i find that keeping the area cleaner by whiping it wit vinegar after shower works pretty good i used a skin thining steriod for  about a week and i didnt get them for a while and i do pop them i find it really helps and if yu dont it will just prolong the pain
I have had numerous of these things, in grown hair bump cyst gland all is basically the same.i feel like goin to the doc is helpless just like going for a fever i went about two years ago my obgyn said its caused by in grown hair and he actually squeezed it himself n gave me a skin thinner to use sparingly for a week or two ...ddnt help
Wat i find that works half way is literally having no soap products down there all natural washing or with dove for sensitive skin and once yu can find an outlet for the built up puss suck it up n get a needle burn the edge of it to sterilize n poke it quick if yu dont find an open part of bump for puss to come out it will hurt worse get All puss/blood as possibe vinegar and hot watr clean it and neosporin
I have the same lumps. They're really painful when I walk and when I just touch. Mine are huge, though, like the size of a quarter. IF I can get one to pop, this thick mixture of pus and blood comes out. I need a cure and consolation! HELP!
ok everyone i got so sick of these things tonight i preformed my own little surgery, i decided to open one up that was there for the last 2 years and just a lump under the skin you will never believe what came out!!! it was a ball of hair yes im not kidding a ball of hair all rapped in a dry like zit pouch, what the He@#. it dose not hurt anymore, I showed my husband and he was floored it was crazy .
Ladies Im also having this same problem , about a week ago I had my period and noticed that I had a quarter size bump on my inner thigh between the crease . I tried to squeeze it ( which you should't do , learned that the hard way ) and it swelled up and start to feel like a ping pong ball . I got so scared I went to my doctor and she prescribed keflex generic cephalexin she said to take it for 10 days 3 times a day and to place warm cloths on it. It's so painful I really don't wish this not even on my worst enemy lol.
Wow this is the best page i have seen for this problem.

I'm 19 and have had this issue since I was 13.

It's basically just big zit-things I get everywhere between my legs and i have continued to get them although for the past year or two they havent popped, they've just gone away. At first i thought i was dying and showed my mom crying and she had never had one but didnt think it was serious. i have many scars from this problem.

I have one now that is kind of different. it is not red or purple and it does not have a head. it is right between where my leg ends and my vulva begins, where the elastic on my underwear sits. I am on my period now so it makes sense that girls are saying that it happens with their cycle.

This one is very big and scary but this page has given me peace of mind. if it gets very big and lasts a while, i will go to the doctor and tell you guys what happened. I hope it is nothing, and just another one of my gross problems.
first boils are produced for a variety of reasons, operations,  immune system, too many vitamins, hygiene or drugs.Do not squeeze!boils may be cured with take a shot of antibiotic or pills in the affected area use salt a crushed antibiotic powder and a snake oil that may be purchased at a health center or internet . Cover the area with a big band aid mind you put some gauze.It will dry up in three days. If you squeezed it all the above may be used but it will sting way too much.It will take up to one to three weeks to heal.  
I have the same problem and my doc said it might be MRSA....

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a type (strain) of staph bacteria that does not respond to some antibiotics that are commonly used to treat staph infections.

Here are some symptoms:

Staph skin infections cause a red, swollen, and painful area on the skin. There may be drainage of pus or other fluids from the site. Symptoms are more likely to occur where the skin has been cut or rubbed, or in areas where there is more body hair.

I currently have one about the size of my thumb on my inner left thigh and it is getting unbearable to walk. There is a section of my inner thigh that is the size a tennis ball that is red and hot. I did the hot compress and nothing worked. My option is to go get it lanced which I am terrified to do because I know it will be very painful. I am also going to get tested for MRSA.

really glad i come across this was really paranoid it was just me. i have this big lump about the size of one of those small bouncy balls children play with. its on my inner left thigh just below my private area. it started off as a small red spot like lump was a little sore but nothing alarming thought it was a spot and would pass or get a head on it pop it and that would be that.......oh how wrong was i, its now become big red lump with a purplelish blue centre. there doesnt seem to be any sign of a head on it i have tried to just squeeze it see if anything comes out....but nothing. i dont no weather to just try and pop it myself or leave it. with it having the purple blue thing in the middle i dunno if its normal and not a vain or something. id rather not go the doctors with it if i can sort it myself. hope anyone can shed even a little bit of light on this at all for me pleeeeeeeeeease? ? ?
I've been having these same sort of boils! My mother is a nurse, so she helps me take care of them usually, but we're baffled by whatever these things are. We were worried it was some sort of staff infection, but when we got the collected pus (which hurt very much to extract with a syringe needle) and had it tested at the hospital, the results were inconclusive. They said the bacteria in the pus was more like gum disease than anything else, which is the weirdest thing I've ever heard!

But my boils don't seem to have stayed on my groin, because I have gotten one very similar on the side of my neck where my shirt collars usually rest. I think these things are just some form of bacteria running around on the skin that get down into pores and hair follicles and grow until they make these boils and burst.

I've found that using an antibacterial soap instead of normal body wash has helped a lot, and making sure to always wash my hands very very thoroughly after touching anywhere near my groin, so as not to spread anything.

But the tips you all have left for how to treat these boils are really appreciated! Because they do hurt extremely badly while they're around, and mine have left tons of scars on my skin that are embarrassing and hard to explain without feeling like I must be disgusting. Any way to prevent and treat them further is appreciated.
I was so happy to have found this Website on my google search for "cyst on bikini area". You all helped me so much :). I had a small pea size little bump on bikini area (Labia Majora) directly to the left of the clitoris. I didn't know what the heck it was except it must have been from  shaving. Within 10 days the lump grew to about 1 inch in a jelly bean shape. It was hard and red under my skin and it hurt. It never opened up and I never tried to drain it my self. I went to the doctor today (on the 10th day) and she told me it was an infected hair gland. Bascially a sabacous cyst. She injected it with cortison to reduce the swelling and to heal the lesion. Ladies, don't be shy - get to the dcotore ASAP for this. I went to my dermatologist. She said that I was the third lady she saw today with this problem! The doctor said I may need to return for a gland drainage or for a second cortisone shot. She also said the cyst may come back. The doctor told me to keep the area clean - when shaving, after exercising, and after sex. Hope this helps.
I get them atleast 3 times a month. They are embarrassing. Infant even wear a swim suit bottom due to scars from having them lanced. I don't know what causes them but I would like to know. I've done everything in the book and nothin works for me.
"Dove," now there's a connection I never made. I have been contending with these cysts for more than twenty years, trying what most have testified to here.

My doctor convinced me years ago that there is no cure, when they began to appear in my thirties. Dealing with them the best you can when they occur is all most can do. Again, what most have done here, I have also tried. And what works best for one, may not for another. Go figure. Hot soaks or compresses do help. Drawing salve and peroxide too. And it is not a cleanliness issue! But once oozing and open, keeping them dry and clean is, of course, the wise thing to do. Stress seems to bring them on, and as most have noticed, their monthly cycle is an instigator.

As far as being afraid to tell your mother, don't be; chances are she gets them too! Two of my daughters get cysts. "Thanks, Mom,"  they are fond of jokingly saying to me, alerting me to when they are plagued. My sister's daughter is prone to them, too. I know many who have had them drained, but they have returned.

Will try the Ivory instead of the Dove, which I have been using for years. Who knows. It's certainly worth a try! Thanks for advice.
I have a little red lump that has now turned *****  it stings Nd is very painful also the skin feels tight around it. It's in a bad spot right where my underwear rub Nd I'm not sure what it is. Do you think it's an ingrown hair?
Poking a hole or two in the most swelled area with a sterile needle will allow the drainage to start and relieve the pressure... Comfort with warm compresses for help with pain or soak in a hot bath. This is my third one and my sister has has a few over the past few years too. I really believe it is from the rim of our underwear rubbing the hair follicles causing ingrown hairs ... Especially if you sit for long periods of time like I do in my job!
I too have the same problem....I too was scared to go to the dr so I continued to ignore it....HUGE mistake to all with this problem! I first noticed a small pimple, I assumed to be an ingrown hair... Ignored it...well last Friday this small pimple overnight turned into a golf ball size abcess (abscess) that was tunneling down via 2-4 inch lines of blisters that looked liked puffy stretch marks. The pain was unbearable. Couldn't walk, hurt to wear clothes...panties were out of the question. So I go to urgent care, had to have it cut, rather deeply, and drained which was excruciatingly painful. Went on antibiotics and pain meds, had it re checked Mon. Dr said wasn't healing as fast as he expected, so I have yet another check up Thursday...at which time he said if drastic improvement is not made I will have to see a general surgeon antd go in the OR to be cut even deeper into the abcess (abscess). He said the hardness under the skin was a major concern. Sooo...to all you ladies PLEASE PLEASE go to the doctor. Yes, they seem harmless but it is an infection, most of the time staph...its not as harmless as made out to be! Take my word for it...I'm now attempting to take care of my 4 year old and 4 week old baby with this huge abcess (abscess) with a nice big gaping oozing cut in the middle....not how u guys wanna end up.
I have two large groups of extremely painf0ul lumps on my inner thighs. How do we eleviate this problem?
I wasn't so lucky!  Mine started as dime size, went to peach size rapidly, with fever & severe pain. I truly thought I was dying. Dr wouldn't do anything to it til it softened, advised warm compresses!  So for several hours I lay with a heating pad, took hot baths, etc. it FINALLY ruptured so I thought I was outta the woods- NOT!  Doc ended up lancing it in his office, packing it, I had to change packing 3 x a day for 3-4 weeks. Never would heal. Ended up having surgery to remove the sac, was left open to heal from inside- out. Never closed!  Took 2nd surgery to stitch it up and then PRAYED it didn't get infected!! Was a SEVEN MONTH ORDEAL!  All because I use to dry shave the area!  Currently, 3 months after ordeal, I noticed another one coming up, pea sized. My fiancé pulled out about 5/6 hairs with pus tips. I'm hoping we've stopped it from forming!!!!  It ***** TO BE OVER 50!!!!
Could this be from sweat too? I have a bump kinda hurts if I press on it have had it for. Few weeks feels like a little ball under the skin, any ideas or suggestions?
well this is embarressing but occationally I get this lump in the bikini area of my pelvis and it's like a cyst under the skin. not a boil or something that you can pop but like a tiny quarter sized lump and it makes that surrounding area a little sore and tender. it will show up like a week or two before my period starts and it kinda scares me. it always goes away but comes back. not sure if my sex life is an issue with it but i've been having this issue on and off for about 5 years and my boyfriend isn't the one doing it cause it's been happening before i even knew him. if anyone can please give me their opinion or feedback of any sort would be much appreciated. i am uninsured so don't want to make a wasteful trip to the urgent care if it's not that necessary.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T SQUEEZE IT!!! I had one exactly as you describe, almost feels like a little pea under the skin and not really that painful. I had one a week ago and noticed it as i was getting out of the tub and thought "oh no biggie, its just a little bump. I'll pop it and be done". Boy was I wrong. Two days later it was the size of a ping pong ball and I was sitting in the E.R. And believe me, that was beyond painful as well. The numbing is the worst part because they go up under the infection and it pushes it to the surface for lancing. It is really painful. My advice is to leave it alone and go to your physician or local health department, try antibiotics. If you pop it, it will spread. I get these quite often around my inner thigh and sometimes near my area. They occur on the buttocks too on occasion. They are a pain in the *** quite literally.
I have exactly the same and when they go they leave a purple mark and it kills!
Hi all I know you all don't want to see this but if you scan see where my picture his near my name. Does anyone know what that is. I think a ablest. It bigger. Than a equator. Red hardand hurts bard.
THIS HAPPENS WHEN YOUR COLON NEEDS TO BE CLEANED! GO TO YOUR LOCAL HEALTH FOOD STORE AND GET A GOOD COLON CLEANER!
I get there's very painful boils on my inner thighs and in the groin area and they hurt so bad!  I have pressed them and they are filled with so much pus and blood, it is ridiculous!  I put Prid salvr and a band aid and they go away, but always seem to return!    I wish I wouldn't get these!
hey everyone, i'm so glad i found this page! I've had these lumps around my inner thighs for at least 2 years now. Sometimes they don't bother me at all but at others they can be so painful! Usually i squeeze them and a whole load of puss comes out, i grit my teeth until it bleeds because i figure it's best to get it all out and usually after that it calms down a bit, but sometimes it just gets worse and worse/bigger and bigger. One recently left a huge scar which keeps opening up and is really painful when i walk because it's right in the crease (you know where i mean!)...i've got one now which is further in, basically very very close to my vagina and when i popped it i had to almost lie down, it produced a lot of blood without any puss so i was really worried incase it's something different?! It hasn't got any smaller and i'm really worried. I want to go to the doctor but I don't want my mum to know because it will only put my mind at ease if the doctor sees, but for that i'd have to take my underwear off and mum would just stress me out, plus my GP has a daughter in my English class so it's just a bit weird. Does anyone actually have any kind of explanation for this? Should i go to a doctor or will i just look like i'm making a fuss out of nothing? (oh, and by the way girlies, it's not just us, my friend was round the other day, and he was telling me he has the same thing (we're really close, he's gay, so don't be thinking it's some weird interest) and i actually felt his and they feel just like mine! So it's not purely due to the monthly cycle which is what some people are saying!) Someone advise please :)
Please help... I have small brown dots on my inner leg and I don't feel it but they look scary and I'm only 13 please tell me what it is or what it could be and how I could get rid of it!!!
I have delt with the same thing doctor lanced one because it got so bad i had red streeks down my leg meaning posion. she put me on antibotics it never come back again. but now i am getting another one in a different place on my inner thigh and dont wont to have it lanced again if i can help it. I have been trying everything under the sun nothing work until i found something that will get rid of them quick. actually my husband did. Its called  curad  silver solution first aid antimicrobial gel twice a day put it on top of the lump or bump and put a bandage over it over night and in one to two days its gone. i buy it at any pharmacy its clear to and wont stain your clothes
use curad silver solution first aid antimicrobial gel you can get it over the counter at any pharmacy when you apply the get put a good amount on top and rub it in really good then let some just sit on top and put a bandage over it mine is usually gone in one too two days the sooner you start using it the better dont let it get real big and what every you do popping it your self or trying to pop it will make it worse
Curad
Silver Solution
First aid Antimicrobial gel

will get rid of them quickly apply with a q tip never use your fingers put a good amount on and rub in the affected area then put a generous amount on top dont rub it in and put a band aid or bandage over it and in one to two days mines gone i have tried home remedies over the counter boil meds. hot compresses doctors lancing it and ths is the only thing i have found that works, any pharmacy carries the gel.
Wow the same thing happens to me they seem to come when i'm about to come on my cycle. They form days before and the time i start till my cycle ends. I rub them with an alcohol cloth and place it over them to stop the rubbing from my undies. Only then they start to slowly go away. I never use to get them before. This is the 3rd cycle in a row. I truely hope this is not my new cycle. Its like they're my heads up to look out for mother nature. No Thanks i rather do without. Will they stop coming?
My daughter had a Abscess or boil in her inner thigh it never came to a head so  it hurt her so bad hot towels didn't work pain pills either urgent care wasn't able to do anything because it was to big and very deep so they had to send her to the ER where they had to admit her into the hospital and do surgery to remove it .surgery was less then a hour to have it remove .i had to keep it clean and pack it everyday with medicated packing  until it healed. each day the incision got smaller .  
along my bikini line i have like a red lump and it hurt really bad when my panties or anyhing touches it and it hurts to move but i dont know what it is an im kinda scared im 13 does anyone know what it might be? please help!
wow - i really found your story very helpful - thank you for your time writing it.
I'm about two months pregnant haavent had my doctor apt yet but the other day I felt a huge lump that was quit painful when touched in my bikini area it doesnt have any sign of redness on or around it and moves under the skin when touched I have no idea what it is? Why it hurts? And if it will harm the baby? I don't have a doc apt till Feb 26 please help
Everyone carries staph on thier body. Some of us do not have a gd immune system to get rid of staph. The filled pocket is a cyst. Warm packs to the area will make it come to a head n then it will drain. If it doesnt then u will have to go to the doctor who will numb it n make a small slit into it. Then he will push all the fluid out. This does hurt but its the quickest way if the warm packs do not work. Use an old soft sock n fill it wit rice. Warm in the microwave. Its reusable. DO NOT TRY N DO THIS ON UR OWN!! CUZ IF U DO IT WRONG IT WILL TURN BLACK N COULD SEND AN INFECTION THRU UR ENTIRE BODY. i found out the hard way, as my doctor gave me the needles to puncture the abcess (abscess). Note im uninsured.
I've been to three docotors for this and none can figure it out i've taken 6 diffrerent anibiotics and 2 different rx body washes i have about15-20 of them on both inner thighs and they have all turned black!! When they pop there is tons and i mean tons of a milky light brown puss that smells Horrible then dark thick blood I'm extremly nervous about them now do to them getting bigger and bigger each time I get one and don't  know what to do anymore please help!!
I've been to three docotors for this and none can figure it out i've taken 6 diffrerent anibiotics and 2 different rx body washes i have about15-20 of them on both inner thighs and they have all turned black!! When they pop there is tons and i mean tons of a milky light brown puss that smells Horrible then dark thick blood I'm extremly nervous about them now do to them getting bigger and bigger each time I get one and don't  know what to do anymore please help!! I Also have PCOS ( Polycystic ovary syndrome) If that couldhave anything to do with it...
I need help asap
I need help asap
I have these boils like some of you described. I was twelve when i first started getting them which is around the time mother nature blessed me with a monthly gift. I just now went to go see a doctor about it because they come and go. It's like a lump under the skin that you can somewhat move around. Over the passed seven years of dealing with these things I'm just looking for some remedies or something. My doctor said that these boils happen to certain skin types or because you sweat a lot in certain areas. She said that they could happen anywhere. My doctor basically told me that there wasn't much you can do about it but live with it and apply warm compresses or make sure you dry off really good where they occur. She said that they could be caused by an ingrown hair or genetics. She said that they fill with a (cheese like sometimes solid with a little blood if you mess with it) puss. She advised me NOT to pop it and try to wear loose clothing so skinny jeans are now out of my life. She did prescribe me with antibiotics for the infection but that they will mostly likely come back. She also advised that I stop shaving around my bikini line or just stop all together. I'm just hoping that you guys have some good remedies or something because i'm tired of them always coming back and making it nearly impossible to walk. Thanks. I hope that this may have helped some people
I Have had these cyst all my life.  But normally I would get them on my inner thighs. This is the first time it grows in that area. Its to the point where I can't walk or sit or stand, and to sleep I have to have a pillow between my legs. I don't have insurance so I can't go to my doc, but I have been applying the warm cloth but to no avail. I'm getting worried cus I don't got like $800 plus er expenses for them to just make a nick and put a draining tube....they did that to my ex last year when he got one that got really bad.....what can I dooooooo.....
So cld u get hairbumbs if u shave around ur anual area?
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hidradenitis-suppurativa/DS00818

This is what I was told I have!!!
There is a way to get treat these that is unbelievably easy and cheap.  It may not work for every case; however, I do know that for some types at least it does work.  They may reoccur later this is just a way to treat it and make it go away and relatively quickly.  You'll see noticable results within a day and should be almost gone within 2-4 days.

Take a slice of lemon and put it on the cyst for as long as you can deal with it.  The longer you can do it the better.  Do not pop it or play with it.  Just put the lemon on the affected area each day.  

Lemons work for most types of acne as well as a natural substance in the lemon kills pore clogging bacteria.  Washing your face with lemon will nip acne in the bud as well.  And cucumbers will rid you of black heads quickly with simply taking a slice or two and rubbing it into your skin.

Placing the lemon on one of these some how shrinks it.  I assume by killing the bacteria off it somehow disposes of the pus and infection as well. Lemons and cucumber may also help in lightening the scars of old ones as well.

Basically sweat glands are becoming inflammed and can not get toxins out of your body.  So these form.  If your liver is functioning poorly it can not rid your body of toxins very well and this may contribute. Eating a liver friendly diet rich in vegtables may help.  Drinking lemon water regularly will help as well as it nourishes skin and helps keep it clear and healthy.

Get rid of soda it kills your liver and can lead to diabetes 2 and other problems.  Avoid HFCS like the plauge fructose is metabolized as fat and helps cause liver disfunction.  It can actually even lead to cirrhosis of the liver.  Lemon water gives as much energy as a soda; however, it is healthy for you and helps return your body to a balanced PH level which supports good health and builds immune system.

A friend had this issue you all describe.  I knew about lemons and their treatment of acne and suggested they give it a try.  Cheap and easy...worth a try.  Worked for my friend ;o)
Corn starch is not the greatest home remedy to try as there are many people who are allergic to corn without knowing it.  There is a type of acne similar to this that can be excerbated by corn starch and eating too many corn products and HFCS.  This remedy may work; however, for many it may make matters worse.
Oh god I'm so happy I'm not the only one! I've been getting them repeatedly! They are always coming back and threatening the way I walk, because they hurt so much when I walk since it rubs up against my other thigh! I have like small dark colored scars from previous ones! And I agree^ I feel like this can have an affect on my sex life after all symptoms from HIV and other STDS show up in that general area! I've been checked and I'm clean, I'm just glad I got around too googling this as its been a problem of mine for awhile!
so im currently in a predicament where i dont have insurance and wont be able to get it anytime soon. i was sitting barely bumped my inner thigh and it hurt really bad it was like the size of a pea the next day the size of a quarter. Large lump under the skin totally agonizing making my body ache day 3 it turned really dark purple almost black. yesterday it never popped but had a huge knarly scar and today i looked its still painful and swollen th same bbut there is a huge! gaping hole in it with what looks like white tissue with an even deeper hole. looks kinda black still..... i have no idea what to do please help!!!
Jess
hey, sorry to bother you but i really hope you see this as i'm 14 now and have the exact same thing :s >< what happened in the end to yours? (i'm praying its nothing like cancer for the benefit of both of us ;)) again, sorry to bother you i'm jsut really scared :s
I am only 13, and I shave my bikini line because I am a gymnast. I get the sore lumps frequently and I would really like to know how to get rid of them and keep them gone? Please help! Thanks :)
I have had these on and off for years! The last one was a few months ago. It became red, swollen and throbbing very quickly. I find a hot bath and then hot compresses help to draw the infection to the surface quicker. I never squeeze it as this can rupture the inner sack and cause further infection as it gets into your blood stream. When I notice the center has become spongy I will sit in a hot bath and rub it gently. I find this helps it rupture quicker. Once it has opened I always see the dr who takes swabs (which have always been clear) and prescribes an oral antibiotic. I continue with the hot baths a few times a day (if possible) for a week to keep it clean.
Thanks to all for posting! This has truly helped me. I am 35 yrs old and have been suffering with this issue for 16 yrs. When I was 19 yrs old I discovered a cyst by my bikini area and it has come and gone without being diagnosed. Whenever I had a flareup and would seak relief I had always been given an oral antibiotic by dermatologists and gynecologists and it never seemed to clear up from that. A few years ago my gynecologist removed it and was concerned because of the tunnels she saw under my skin ( when I was in my mid twenties I popped it, but no longer do) . She sent it to the lab and nothing concerning came back. It didn't show itself for a few yrs and after becoming pregnant it came back, which was so disconcerting because I didn't want to develop an infection. I was told to use a warm compress 2xs a day and Neosporin. I wasn't crazy about treating this cysts with this particular method, but I did what my doctor told me to prevent an infection since I was pregnant. Now I'm a new mom, my son is 7 weeks old and healthy :) and I discovered 2 of these cycsts around my bikini area. I have been wearing stretch pants before I can fit into my prepregancy pants a lot and have been a little stressed taking care of my son. From what I have read about HP is sometimes it's aggravated by hormones, stress and tight clothing. I am currently researching dermatologists in NYC where I live and am looking for a valid diagnosis, but reading this post gives me hope and also make me sad because I do not have much time to tend to this issue. And yrs of having it come, sometimes with vengeance and go have left me feeling as though it may sadly be chronic.  I am surprised to see that there are really no support groups for this condition and it is something that can be debilitating and extremely painful. I wish you all the best of luck in this and am sending love to all of you because this is not an easy issue to deal with. If I find out anything that may be helpful, I will pass it along.
I'm sixteen years old and I think I have the same problem. I get this hard lump on my bikini line. Right where my knickers rub against. I normally leave it but it comes back again after about six months. This time it has been worse than ever. It's got to about the size of a two pence coin, but in a more oval-like shape. I can still walk and everything but it was so sore to move my leg and when I put a tight pair of knickers on it was excruciating. I took a really hot bath and held a very hot (as hot as I could stand) washcloth against it last night, and this morning it has burst on its own. Blood has been coming out but no pus. It is now a weird purple colour. Should I tell my mum or go to the doctor? What exactly is this thing called? I don't think it's serious because it always goes on its own, it's just super frustrating how it always comes back!
Hiya I would still mention it to your mum and have a dr check it out just in case it becomes infected. I can't help with what its called all my dr said was that either sweat glands or hair follicles get inflamed/infected causing the lumps/boils to appear. You did the right thing having a hot bath and holding a hot compress on it.
Did this ever go away? I have one just like this but the "chunks of meat" came out only half way and I'm very freaked out about it
hi :(
so now im 16 and i have been getting this weird bumps since i was 15. usually i'd get purple ish / black ish bumps /sores on my inner thigh but i figured it was just a ingrown hair so i was cleanse it and it would eventually go away. but now i have another one on my opposite thigh. its very red and when rub on by clothing it hurts so bad ! it's like a ball and when you touch it , it feels like nothing is under it like loose skin or something but something keeps coming out like extra skin because believe me ive tried popping it but nothing comes out except excess blood or watery substance . i'm sure these come and go but it would be awesome if i knew exactly what the cause is from because its embarrassing and painful !! last thing i want is to do is see a doctor or get surgery when just underwear touching it  makes it hurt so much ! some help pls ?
hi :(
Skulleton
I have had these for the last 2 years. I have had to have emergency surgery 4 times. It ended up positive for MRSA and I have since had to have about 15 lanced. I have tried so many things. My 1 year old daughter has aslo had them and has had to have surgery twice in the last 4 months. I can toll you it is not from not being clean as we bath daily and we do bleach baths twice a week to try to stop getting anymore breakouts. I get them in my private areas, under my arms and on my bottom. I have also had one on the calf of my leg. I am still looking for ways to get it under control when we have an outbreak. I have found that when the bumps, boils,abcesses or cysts ( how ever you want to describe it)  start out that if you put MUPIROCIN on them they seem to go away. I was prescribed this in January and I havent had any thing lanced. My daughter just had one a few days ag on her private area and it was completly gone yesterday. Ask a doctor for this stuff. Make sure it put it in your nose and under your finger nails too. I hope this helps someone and just know your not alone. This is a very frustrationg thing to go through there is no cure but hopefully we can slow down the outbreaks and stop the doctors from cutting us up!! I pray that God helps anyone with this and know you are not alone.
Not sure what is correct email address...

Error
The email address "dr.***@****" is not recognized. Please fix it and try again
I use to get those little bumps that looked like that. I found out that my were boils, but they r very easy to get rid of. This might sound weird but you take a slice of bread and soke it in warm milk and apply it to the area and it will go away. Then you dont have to worry about poking it
omg I had this exact thing happen to me it was the most disgusting thing I ever saw when I popped that and i was around 12 then and now 34 and left hard scar tissue in the area and now have some of the pus and bleeding again and i never knew what the heck it was until now i just found all these comments with the same thing! wow the the heck is it
Hey, im 13 and yesterday i just got a pimple looking thing on my leg. when i woke up it got red and big and it really hurts when i touch it.When i squeeze it there is puss and blood coming out. I tried to put tooth paste and perfume on it but none of it helped. Its under my knee and i dont know what to do. How do i get rid of it?? Help!
Viewing 401-572 comments: