Sore, swollen lump on inner thigh by bikini line

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-400 comments:
I have had my fair share of these nasty little red, swollen bumps on my groin area.  They hurt, and it feels like under the skin there is a hard bump.  When I had one on my left groin my doctor numbed it with lidocain and made a small incision on the top of the "cyst."  It oozed a little blood and puss.  Then he packed it with gauze, which am not going to lie...it hurt really really bad when he packed it with gauze.  Then gave me a 3 day antibiotic. It healed well but,  there is a purple, darker colored scar there now.  Which I don't really mind the scar it is just not good in the summer when it is time to brake out the bikini....lol.
    Now, I have another bump on my right groin...I am going to try the hot towel for 20-30 minutes to see if that helps before I go to the dr. again :)  
Thanks for all the comments, it nice to know someone else gets these little bumps too.
Wow. I'm 24 years old and have been getting these for about 10 years now. I was always super self conscious especially when they left such bad scars when I was younger (I have learned to NOT touch/squeeze them since). I was overweight when I was younger and got them on my upper inner thighs - somewhere noticeable in a swim suit. Luckily the scaring has gotten better with time and they aren't as noticeable. I currently have one now and came online to try and figure out what it could be. Mine range in severity but usually they aren't too bad. They get about the size of a dime at the most and usually just go away within a few weeks. I've been paranoid about this one though because i'm going in to get waxed "down there" in three weeks. I really want it gone and not tender for the waxing. I'm going to try the hot compress, thanks for the suggestions.

While i'll probably see a doctor about it soon I feel like surgery won't be an option for me. Over the past 10 years i've had them in so many different locations in my groin region that I doubt it'd help me at all. I am hopefully though that waxing regularly or maybe getting laser hair removal would help. Has anybody done this? I never noticed before, but I don't get them when i'm waxed. While i'm not as heavy as I was in my teens I still need to lose some weight and hope that a combination of these things will keep the buggers at bay. I'm so so happy i'm not a freak. Usually when I get these things i'm really self conscious and even go to great efforts to keep my fiance from touching me because I don't want him to freak out. Good luck to all suffering from this. I hope we all can find comfort and relief!
i have a swollen lump on my inner thigh bikini area. it wasnt that big but i asked my doctor about it and she said it was probably just from shaving. it went away a little bit buy now its getting bigger, its about the length of about two fingers.  its not that painful but im worried because im not sure what it is. its not a zit or anything, its under the skin. i hate the doctor looking there and dont really want to go back unless i absolutely have to.
i forgot to mention that its been there since december and i went to the doctor in january
2day the doctor cut me about a inch long. i had a abscess on my inner thigh close to my private area.i have to take the bandage off 2morro and am so nervous about what its gunna feel like. im wondering if it is gunna be stuck to my skin because of blood and puss. i just wish it was a week from now and am over this
i've got what sounds the same on both sides on my inner thighs but they go in to holes in the middle of the lumps and open up, they bleed and puss and i can't squeeze them because they are too painful
I'm 28 and have been getting these since college (about 8 years ago).  I get them in my armpits, right below my arm pits, and in the bend of my legs (close to my groin area).  They are INCREDIBLY PAINFUL and leave horrible scars.  I have been so self conscious of these and wish there was something we could do or someone would find some sort of cure.  Does anyone know exactly what they are or how they appear?  I have 4 now and it hurts to walk or to even sit down!
interesting, I have this SO incredibly bad right now too, one on my bikini line. I've had them before, but never one this bad. I'm considering going to the doctor on Monday if it doesn't seem any better. I just tried the hot compress and it didn't help anything at all. I am 30 years old, am not overweight, actually a little bit underweight for my height. So evidently it can be caused by many things? Anyone know why they happen like Camjessica asked above? It hurts so bad even to walk around right now and sit down, just like she said above too. So strange, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one this happens to. I really don't want to have any more minor surgeries, ugh I just had a big mole removed off of my leg and it was pretty painful as well. Sorry you all have to deal with this too, it ***** :((
I have the same problem but mine comes and goes.
I was at work today and it just like exploded while i was standing up.
There was a lot of blood and it still keeps on bleeding 5 hours later....
Did anyone have the problem of it bleeding so much?
I'm worried and did book an appointment with my doctor but he seems to be ignorant to this and didnt even offer surgery....
I really hope some of you managed to get rid of it permenantly.
Glad i'm not the only one suffering from this
When I was in middle school I got boils where my legs rubbed together. My mom took me to have my blood looked at and they found out I had too much yeast in my blood. I did a body cleanse and that really helped, I haven't had one for about four years. Recently I noticed I have one again. I would go to a vitamin store and ask someone who would be able to point you to the right place...

hope this helped =]]
Actual medical condition for this problem.  Swollen painful cysts in armpits, groin, in private areas.  HIDRADENTITIS.  Google it, I've been taking doxcycline for years now on a consistent basis as there is no cure.  This is normally a genetic disease passed in families so my doctor told me when I was diagnosed 20+ years ago.  Have found Mother, Grandmother, Brother (yes men get it too) all have disease.  So far there is no cure.
My wife's had these things for years and tried everything. The miracle cure turned out to be Bactroban cream. Just use a Q-tip to dab it in your nose, under your fingernails, and on the problem area twice a day for 5-7 days.

The results have been just amazing, improvement in the first 24 hours. I hope this helps someone else, I know how bad this problem can be.
Elliemay55 is right, it's called Hydradenitis Supprativa, it's a hereditary condition and there is no cure. My mom, sister and I all get them, and my 19 yr old daughter is starting to as well.  They suck, I'm a single woman and I have no sex life because I'm too ashamed to let anyone near my nether reigions due to the excessive scarring left by these awful cysts.  Any man who came near me would think I had some kind of STD and run screaming, so I just don't ever get naked in front of anyone.  I always have at least 3 on the go at one time, and the ones that do heal always return, in the same spots, and tunnel under the skin to come up in different spots.  I've tried everything, nothing works.  I was relieved to find out I wasn't a freak and others do get these, but I was so disheartened to find that there is no cure, and not even a workable treatment in my case.  Antibiotics, topical treatments, hot compresses, nothing works.  I'd love to try laser hair removal to see if that helps, but I could never afford it, not in a million years.  I do wax, but that doesn't help at all, in fact I think it might actually make them worse, or at the very least more visible to me and therefore more prone to me poking at them.  I know everyone says not to touch them, but sometimes the pressure gets so bad I can't even walk, because my legs rubbing together is too painful, so when they get that big I always poke them with a sterilized pin and gently squeeze out what I can, then douse them in peroxide.  

Wish I could do better than that, or that doctor's knew more about the condition so they could at least help, mine had never even heard of it, he thought they were just ingrown hairs, but there's never any hair inside them.  

those lumps are your Bartholemule glands swelling up. You can cause them to swell by having rough sex if your not carefull, or if you sit for too long. the reason why they may hurt is because they become an abses (abscess) and you need to go to the doctors to get it treated. but most of the time they dont hurt and they go away after a while
Are they at the verry top of your leg?  
Hi guys. I dont know if this helps, but I have been having these same problem for years. I went to the doctor finally and they diagnosed me with Hidradenitis Suppuartiva. Some types are worse than others. It is from the sweat glands clogging. The sores can happen under the breasts, armpits, or pubic area. Trust me, I know how painful it is. Google this bacterial infection and it will give you some insight. There is not much that can be done about it, but I hope this helps out!! Dont let the pictures scare you..some is worse than others.
It is very true, this condition is called Hidradentis supporativa, I have been getting these annoying and embarraing bumps that come and go for years now, this is horrible, i feel just like all of you, Im glad to know Im not the only one. I was in a long term relationship and he knew i had this skin condition, but now I feel like no other guy will actually believe me, they might think its an STD I feel super sad about this sometimes, but i dont let it get the best of me, I think eveyone just has to find the best remedy that works for you being that there is no cure!!! I do believe when you are over weight it influences it more. Also it always seems to happens often when there is heat. So its good not to sleep being hot under thick covers at night, not wearing such tight clothes also helps, My derm gave me a Benzoyl peroxide soap and Epiduo cream, the scars suck!! Would guys undersand this?? Man i sware i cant believe sciene has not come up with a cure to something so ugly and painful for women specific. Its not very comon they "say" and before a derm diagnosed me i had to see like 3 different ones for years till recently. I guess we are all in one boat, O have tried Clindymacin gel so far its worked best, epiduo is really for the scaring. The soap works good too. Well I hope to get feed back from you all.  I feel a little better to know that Im not the only one struggling with this life term condition..  I cant even believe it, and worse is my mom think I picked this up sleepin over peoples house when I was young. I hope that with Faith in God and loosing more weight and shaving this will come much less freuquently.
OMG!! I'm so glad to find those who share my pain.
My cyst/boils are either coming or going....never gone.

Surgery?  Doesn't cure. Had it...cried for days, couldn't walk for weeks. Sneaky bastards (oopps, sorry), came back on the  OTHER SIDE!
Site Injections? Had it....would rather die, than get that again. The needle was 7 inches long...at least from my angle.

What has worked for me, with moderate to great success is>> Turmeric (internal and external).  Pure, without additives or other ingredients. Since it is a natural anti-inflammatory, it reduce my pain SIGNIFICANTLY in hours. I'm taking 2 capsules an hour and applied a paste (opened same capsules, mixed with distilled water and emu oil). Be careful, as it is very messy and stains...just like mustard. Covered, crawled into bed and waited for a miracle.
I felt relief...but I didn't keep it up, as I think you have to take Turmeric daily....but it may cause constipation (like I need one more thing that ain't workin' down there!...LOL).

Today is not a good day, as I can barely walk. My thighs rub together when I walk or sit, which takes the pain to a "whole 'nother level". So when I sit, I favor the other butt cheek...now I feel a cyst/boil coming upon it. My BF thought I was avoiding him...until I broke down and showed him. He's sympathetic...but for how long?
It is doubtful that it's Hidradentis.
It's prolly more foliculitis (folliculitis), furuncle.
Backteria getting trapped under the skin, or ingrown hairs getting bacteria in them. If you poke at them enough strings of thickish pus come out huh?
Yea.. they hurt rrreeeal bad.
STAPH infection is what you should get tested for. Because that could be maybe what is causing it, or at least making it worse.
TBH poor hygeine is prolly the number 1 cause... Not to offend any of you.
Also tight clothing, & sweating down here a lot.
I suggest washing daily with soap all up in yer bidness, apply baby powder to all your nooks n cranny's *cept the inside of your vagina, not between the flaps or anything* Along your buttocka, armpits. baby powder will help. And don't wear such tight clothing if you do
After reading all your stories I felt a deep connection with all of you - I know my story is long, but I needed to share.  I 've had "thunder thighs" for 25 years, never a abcess (abscess).  This past week Thursday) I noticed a bump (under the sikn) inner upper right thigh, didn't hurt all, it was about the size of an M&M peanut.  That next week (Thursday) it was sore to touch and when I saw it, it was the size of a half dollar coin (very shinny, very sore).  I had to walk with my legs wide open - luckly I managed the pain for two days before going to the doctor.  He poked at it, I wanted to bite his F&%#$*! head off - he asked me "scale of  1-10, 10 being the greatest pain," I said 10 to 100,000,000th  power!  He diagnoised IT "Celuitis"... He sent me home with two antibiotics.  That Saturday morning I had looked at IT and IT was doubled in size and had two pimples (ready to burst). My husband said "enough, you're going to the doctor and he needs to drain IT!" The thought made me cry - in ER, the nurse brought the doctor this 7" to 8" needle and he was to suppose to numb the area around the "abcess (abscess)" (YEAH RIGHT!)  I felt every cut & it seemed as if he was amputating my thigh!!!! Squeezing and irrigating the area, the bed linen & grown were soaked in blood and puss!!!....I was in the ER crying like a baby...I received morphine & antibiotic by injection & vicodine by mouth.  Doctor said, "body-parts that don't receive proper daily ventalation give rise to enormous sweat; sweat cloggs pores, bacteria set in the pores until IT looks for a way out the skin and usually IT is found in the areas where there is less air and a whole lot of moisture.  Dry yourself off real good and give your body enough time to air-dry before putting on your clothes."   Well I'm happy to say, I'm totally healed, back to walking normal again... I'll take labor contractions any day!!!!!!
hi, i dont know if i have the same thing everyone is talking about? i just found it when i went to the bathroom. there was a lump on my inner thigh on my bikini line and it looked kindof like a large pimple i put barely any pressure on it and it burst blood and the same stuff came out of it like when you squeeze a pimple, this is the first time i found anything like this i dont know what it is? im a little worried and it hurts any ideas of what it is?
thank you :)
I've suffered from these boils/cysts/abcesses since i was about 12 and i'm 18 now. Last week i got one that was really painful on the inner side of my right thigh, i knew it was going to burst so i put a dressing on it and got about with my day. It took 4 days to finally go and i thought nothing could ever feel that bad, but then today came along. I've been feeling something coming for a day or so on the left side now and i did the same, put a dressing over it so it didn't rub on my jeans while i was walking around college all day. About half an hour ago it burst as i was walking up the stairs, soaked right through the dressing, through my jeans and then bled for about twenty minutes in a constant stream of dark blood. This is the worst one i've had to date and i was so upset and in so much agony that i came online to research it and i found this thread. I've been to the doctors for years ever since i got these when i was younger, i am overweight and my jeans do rub between my thighs which makes walking an absolute no-no... So anyway, i kept goign back to the doc's and explaining my symptoms but not one of my doctors wanted to take a look and actually see for themselves the extent of the condition, they fobbed me off with antibiotics or creams, none of which have ever worked. It was only when i was going for some STI testing done (i have heavy periods and the doc's wanted to check out every possibility) that the doctor finally noticed how severe my inner thighs were. My thighs are covered in dark purple scars the size of 20p pieces and are really swollen all the time and the boils always look like little mountain peaks or craters on the moon... My doctor then sent me to a dermatologist who didnt ask to see my thighs and put me on doxcycline which so far have done no good whatsoever... I've spent the last hour crying on the phone to my boyfriend who just reassured me that he knows about my condition and that he loves me for who i am and that he isn't repulsed by the scars and ugliness of my inner thighs. I know a lot of people are worried about what men think but to be honest, if a man is worthy enough for you to decide you want to be with him sexually then he should already love you for who you are and the idea of actually getting to be with you sexually will be far higher on the scale of important things in their heads than some scarring. I've been with my boyfriend two years and at first he just didn't say anything, then he gently brought it up and i told him the honest truth. If anything, all he feels is sympathy for me, but i'm still somewhat self concious every single time he comes near me. But no man will run at the sight of your scars, i don't believe they will anyway. I've hidden this problem for years and only my parents, partners and close friends know. i feel ashamed and like noone is ever taking me seriously when i tell them how much it hurts. I'm so glad i've found this tonight because it's made me realise other people know exactly what i mean and understand how poainful and frustrating this condition is... :)  

Sorry, reading back that is an uber long piece.....

Jessica xxx
i have never had one of theese things before and am wondering about it because i started to notice it the other day it cant be an ingrown hair i know what those feel like but it is deffenetly starting to get larger feels like it is almost attched to bown or something actually kind of scary espcially knowing that no one iin my fammily has ever had anything like this before so it cant be genetic it just has me very worried and i dont want to worry my husband about it
i felt such a relief knowing that other women were going through this. i thought it was because i was dirty, or had an std. but i shower @ least 2 times a day and none of my partners every showed syptoms (symptoms). nevertheless i was a chubber chaser in my younger years and they were worse then, i often get them on my vagina and or around my bum. from what i've read i think it could be a yeast inbalance, even though i rarely eat yeasty products.
either way like i said it's nice to know other people are freaking out about it aswell!
Hey everyone! I'm 21 and have been getting these for a couple years now. I don't know what to suggest except that one poster had mentioned that an excessive amount of yeast in your diet/blood could be the cause. I have another skin thing on my arms (it looks like a rash but they're very small bumps that aren't itchy or anything, just wierd looking) and I've noticed when I cut back on yeast-ey foods (bread, beer, etc) that the problem on my arms AND the things on my legs go away. I really think that may be a huge cause of it as I am a believer in natural cures for these sorts of things.
I just want to say that I don't think weight is really a factor since I'm a bit overweight and I get them, and a good friend of mine who's normal to underwieght also gets them.
ANNDD! Ladies! Don't be so self-concious about it! I found out that my fiance gets the SAME EXACT THING on his thighs and was always self concious about it until we discovered that we both get them and its nothing gross, simply your body cleaning itself. I don't think it looks like an STD since it doesn't cause any sort of funny smell/discharge, its just a little red like other little red bumps you may get on your body. Any smart man knows that the NOSE KNOWS, and therefore should know that this ISNT an std.
I've had these for many years too, I'm 33 now. They are definitely not ingrown hairs, as I can feel them shaping up like glands under my skin and they always come up in the same spots, right on the bikini line. Some of them come up right near the anus and they're the most painful. I think there are about 4 spots on each side and last week I got about 6 swollen on both sides, right before my period.
I've been given antibiotics in the past but they don't work. The best I could do was to apply some ccc on them to make them burst, but they always come back. What surprised me was that while I was pregnant, I've had none. Maybe it had to do with my diet, as I would eat only organic, healthy prservative free food.
My only hope was to have these glands removed completely but I don't know if this is an option. I keep postponing going to see a doctor again because I know they'll have no idea what this is, they'll mention the ingrown hair and give me antibiotics and I don't know where to find a doctor that knows about this condition. But having just read about Hidradentitis, I'll do some research and maybe also try the Bactroban cream, the Clindymacin and the Turmeric. This is a nasty, painful condition, to say the least and it's very frustrating to knwo you can't do much about it... Good luck to all of you, and whoever finds the cure, please come back and let us know :)
Hey Im 20 and i've been getting these little black pimple looking bumps that turn to sores filled with blood and a clear liquid on my inner thigh, Poping them sometimes makes them go away, but some times they just drain a bit and then get bigger in the next few days, i am a bit overweight and have a lot of yeast in my blood as the doctor told me, and these things appear to present themselves after long walks where my thighs rub together a lot, i am currently not sexually active so i dont think its any STDs, I saw somewhere here that someone else with high volume of yeast in their blood also got them from their thighs rubbing together so i hope that is it and it goes away when im done with the treatment... also i hope its not those contagious ones since i only use my own underwear and my brother does not have this, Also sometimes they are painful when i walk but only if i poped them.
It could just be severe acne. Nodules/Cysts in the groin area caused by sweating. They can lasts days, weeks, or months at a time, scar, and bleed if broken or leak pus. As far as I know, only a couple people in my family even have it and it just doesn't fit what have read about Hydradenitis Supprativa.
This might seem odd, but I have a recurring one on my right inner thigh, and I've noticed with just about 100% correspondence that if I go swimming for a few hours in a chlorinated pool for a day or more, they clear up almost immediately.

I'm not sure if its the chlorine working against the bacteria, the cool soothing water, or even the "drying out" of my skin from the chlorinated water afterward... but I've seen such an improvement after swimming that I usually head to the pool as soon as I get that first twang of pain. I was wondering if anyone else can confirm improvement via this approach.
I have had two of these bumps. I started to wax 'down there' and then about 6months in I got an awful sore red lump on my nicker line. I was in agony. I ignored it as much as I could mainly due to it worrying me. That was a bad move though. Within two day it had turned into the size of a ping pong ball. It was so bad. It then turned black. I freaked out. I was literally just about to walk to the doctors to seek help with I felt this wet stuff oozing out of it. The ball had popped. It was so gross. But when I got to the doctor they said it was kind of good really as it would be less painful for me to drain it. It was painful though. The doctor had so much fun at my expense squeezing the puss out. She squeezed until she drew blood. Cleaned up then told me to sqeeze it daily for another week.

Not much fun.

I got another one a few months ago...that went. But then the other day I have one more. Painful again. I have researched 'Hydradenitis Supprativa' and my symptoms match.

I dont think I will wax anymore as it does seem to be lined with waxing. Anyone else found that?

It just is a bit rubbish there is no cure for it.

I get a recurring one as well in the groin area-- same thing: can't walk, can't get rid of it, horrendous. 2 days ago, I noticed that it was coming back so I ran right to the dermatologist and they gave me an injection of kera-something (steroid.) And It Worked! It's gone down this morning and most of the pain and inflammation is totally gone. Thought my experience might help someone else, good luck to everyone.
I am a man and this came up when I googled this problem. I get the same thing ,mostly on the inside of one thigh where it rubs against my other, as I am overweight. I thought that I would share that I have found that changing my underwear style to boxer briefs (they look like cycling shorts) have significantly reduced this problem, as my thighs are not stuck together all day, and the material helps keeps it drier there.
hi i am 25 and i have had this problem for a few yrs now also. every since i got pregnant with my daughter i have had this problem and i have had at least 17 in the last 5 years (which is ridiculous) and mine is always in the same spot every time! i spoke to my friends mother who is a practitioner and my obgyn and another dr and they said you can get the gland removed but it has to b inflamed so the can take the whole gland out. every time i plan on doing so it rupture right before i have my appt.  and it seems like i get it on a friday when the offices are closed every time! i hope to  get the gland removed so and hope to never have this problem again. since i have had this problem so many times the pain is bareable sad to say but God bless to all of u. o and i will try the whole swimming thing thanks
***** Guys If you are not using Minral water then switch toMinral Water and use the same for all your food preparation too ********

You will see the difference

******** I have Experienced the same, since the day I got RO Filter Installed at my home, I got rid of black spots under my Inner Thighs, not only me my wife also stoped getting these black spots without any Medication ***********

Pankaj
I have searched high and low for other people going through the same thing as me, I am now 25 and I have been having these boils/cysts/abscess since I was about 14.  I am of average weight, i typically get them on my inner thighs the start and small m & m size and are hard, they can get as big as quarters. After a few days i can squeeze them slightly and hey will ooze dark blood and a clear looking puss. After they heal they leave those ugly darker purple scars, and they always come back.... I have tried all kinds of ointments and creams, my sister had the same problem and actually had a surgery to fix her problem,  her doctor told her she had to many glands in the lips of her vagina they went in and removed the glands that produce your personal lubricant and so far so good no more painful boils/cysts or sores.  It is so nice to see other people have this problem. Im thinking of having the surgery myself a few weeks of pain or the rest of my life without them is a good trade off.  
It's such a relief to find this website! Ladies I feel your pain, litterally!!

I've been getting these thing too right after I hit puberty which was about 12 years old. I was always embarassed but was always told by doctors it's from sweating and clogged pores to try baby powder, which doesn't work. I've also tried boil ease which helps but it's not instant pain. Then i was talking to a girlfriend at work who just so happened to bring in a thermocare heat wrap (for your lower back) she asked why I was walking funny so I spilled the beans and told her what I've been dealing with for years...she get's them too. I wrapped the Thermo Care wrap around my leg ( I get them right ON my underwear line ) I'm not kidding you it took about 5 minutes and I was walking normal then pain was gone and I could actually sit in my chair not wiggling around trying to find a "comfortable" spot. It's helped but they can get expensive there about $5.46 for a package of 2.

The heat from it takes down the swelling and pain and eventually goes away but there's really nothing that can be done about this. I've dreaded this "disease" for years. My b/f is totally supportive I've showed him point blank and he's not discusted. I also get them under my boobs and my armpits. Most are really deep under the skin and kill but once they pop it's a relief for a day or so then it starts to heal and scab over and that kills even worse at times I wish it would just go away!
Yeah but mine seems to come back like once a month or every two.. Smh it hurts and I model so going to my photoshoots make it really uncomfortable.. Is there anyway beside surgery to make them stop ? :( it makes makes me not even wanna shave..  
agreed that it makes you not want to shave, although someone said waxing could actually help.. but then I read it doesn't from some people. Any general consensus on this? To shave or not to shave.. to wax or not to wax.. ? It's horrible, and thank god I haven't had one since that last horrendous episode. :( Sorry to all that deal with this, it is HORRIBLE and there has to be an answer. It's so painful and uncomfortable, not to mention embarrassing.
I've been using A & D ointment it stops the sweat and wetness from the infected area (that's what it is). I've also been taking baths because I get it at least somewhere on my body a week...I've gotten them in my armpits under my boobs and around my bikini area...It ***** soo bad I even called my DR to see what's going on he said nothing hereditary-genetic...that's it didn't even offer me anything just told me the heat was good for it...Baths-tanning-heating pads...Just make sure that you shower once or twice a day!!

I hope this helped...
I have a big bump between my bikini line! Its kinda hard nd its ingrowning! On top of it is a small bump that's on the outside! WHAT COULD THIS BE!?
There little cysts that are under the skin known as "Hydradenitis Supprativa"....I get them as well! You're going to want to put heat on it. Heating pad-Thermo care wraps-heated bottle, hot bath, hot tub...the heat will take away the pain and pressure but it won't make it go away. You can always go to your DR and get it drained but let me tell you it friggin kills!!!
if the cause of these bumps are yeast than antibiotics will NOT be the answer.........antibiotics will increase the amount lead to further candida yeast overgrowth.........i am sure that most of you that went to the doctor and got antibiotics were probably prescribed a placebo just to make you feel better..........from what i was reading it sounds like a lot of you just have growth of bacteria on the thigh the cause could be poor hygiene, or being overweight and having lots of sweat in the inner thigh region.....what i would suggest is use alcohol swabs after taking a shower daily and they should go away try not to wear tight boyshorts or boxerbriefs
16 year old. I think I have been getting what is bein described here for many years, I read stuff about STI/STDs but I'm a virgin in all ways.  I done some research of this disease and it sounds right, but before I found this website I also thought that I may have had Fox-Fordyce Disease. Both these disease are not curable and supposedly hereditery but I have never nopr will I probably ever mention it to my parents.  I have a lesion right now that has been there for a few month and just keeps opening up again and again, right now it has swollen up again and is draining after i stuck a sterlized pin in it.  Does anyone know whether or not this can be transfered between areas of the body by touching?  And does anyone know if there are any true natural remedies that exists and the Doctors or FDA just don't approve because they can't make money off of? if there is please post it.  Its hard to move sometimes and i also have little bumps on my minor lavia but they don't hurt and I know they are not an STI/STD please help and I Hope we all get better soon
soo glad to see someone else is out there! been having this problem for a few years myself.. i think overweight can make it worse, as it was worse when i was 'biggest'.. i dont get them any more (rarely) but the scars are terrible :(( i wish there was SOMETHING that could be done..
im a male and have continuously dealt with this issue since about my senior year of high school... i do have cystic acne but my derm said that couldnt be the cause... i am taking sulfa right now... and i thought it was helping until now.... i dont really know what else to do...
Try acne medicated pads, Noxema, Stridex, Wal-Mart Equate brand, etc...with 2% Sililic Acid...it completly fixed my problem!!  Used one pad in the AM and one before bed and after a couple weeks the existing cysts were gone and there haven't been any new ones pop up in months.  The Sililic Acid liquid smells good and seems to have put my skin back to the PH balance it used to be before these miserable SOBs popped up. My PCP said to keep the area dry w/ baby powder, Derm agreed...well Docs that idea didn't work.  I saw this suggestion of the medicated pads on a thread here and it worked!!!  Now I need to figure out how to get rid of the dark skin left behind. Any suggestions?
I've been getting the same thing for about a year, and I'm nineteen now. I only weigh 112 pounds so it's certainly not a weight issue. I haven't been to a doctor about it, but I've found the best way to get them to clear up quickly is to not touch them AT ALL, put antibiotic ointment on them regularly (every 3-4 hours) with a Q-tip (not with your hands, as you could end up transferring more bacteria), and if possible, try sleeping in the nude or not wearing underwear if lounging at home. I think what makes them worse is the pressure of underwear rubbing after they develop and if the average person sleeps 8 hours a night, that's a whole 8 hours that the area can be ventilated and able to heal with very little rubbing or movement. I can usually get mine to heal in about four days and they've never left scars. Regardless, these are a ***** to deal with and are usually pretty excruciating. I'm glad that other people get these too though, because I was getting really frustrated trying to search for what this could be and coming up with results for STDs. Which I know I don't have.
I'll just throw my hat in the ring, too, since I've also had to deal with these off and on for (what feels like) EVER.
I got the biggest, most painful one I've ever had pop up yesterday morning... it flared up over night, on my left side, right on my underwear line. By the end of my work day yesterday, it hurt to stand up, hurt to sit, couldn't cross my legs, my underwear were irritating it... I went home and put heat on it, and it brought up a head. I couldn't just let it sit there; it hurt WAY too bad. I was practically crying when I had to stand up (standing made it hurt more).
So I sterilized a safety pin and pushed it into the head. It didn't hurt, and it started slowly leaking white pus. I didn't squeeze it, just pushed gently around the edges until it oozed clear liquid, but I could tell it wasn't done.
I left it alone overnight, just put a little hydrogen peroxide on it with a q-tip before bed. This morning it was bigger and very painful, and had a big white head. I did the pin thing again, and it kept oozing a little bit of white at a time, so I kept poking/sterlizing/poking, and suddenly it was like... I'd removed the dam. White pus started literally pouring out and running down my leg. It was GROSS.
I poked it a few more times, pushed around the edges, etc. until it was just bleeding, then washed it with antibacterial soap and put more hydrogen peroxide on it.
After about 10 minutes it was totally bearable. It doesn't hurt to wear undies, I'm sitting and standing (almost) normally, and I don't have to take ibuprofen for the pain like yesterday. The swelling's gone down dramatically, and I think it'll heal nicely now.
OMG!! Its such a relief to know i aint the only one that suffers from these. Up til now its felt like i've been the only one to scared to ask anyone for help as to scared to what they may say. I hide it from my partner coz it makes me feel so unattractive and dirty.
I dont get them very rarely but when i do it comes with pure revenge, but when i do and they burst it leaves a open hole for a little while which is quite scary, and takes forever to heal coz its always bang on my knicker line. (cant exactly go round wearing no knickers at work or out and about) Any tips would be great?
Wow, I cant believe how many updates I recieve on this post, I never knew so many ppl had this problem, as you know it is embarrassing and no one really talks about it. What I want to know is how should I respond or handle new intercourse relationship, like what do i say if they ask me what it is, I really dont have it that severe after I have been dieting but the purple scars stay there, and when you have intersourse your skin rubbs against the other person so if they ask you they are in all the right, its a valid question,. SO I dont mean what do u say to ur Boyfriend cus he will understand the cause, but what to do when you meet a new person and you dont have confidence, No one has ever asked me except my ex for 5 yrs but he knew, now I havent been with anyone is a while and Im so nervous and embarraseed if they ask me what are those purple marks, cus Im white but in those parts you can see a lil purple spot :((  Help I would love to hear feedback from guys and girls  :(((
Tuesday I found the first one ever, hoped it would just go away, but by Friday was in terrible pain. I went to my doctor who lanced it and packed the abscess.  She told me that it is important that it heal from the inside out.  The hole will remain under your skin if you let it heal over the top and this is a perfect environment for more bacteria . Apparently they are all different, but deep holes should be packed.  I don't know about mine, but my sister confided that she had one a few years ago and it was "three fingers" deep. Yikes! She had surgery and it never came back.
I also suffer from these. I know that it is not hidradentitis, and I know I don't need surgery for it. They hurt, they're huge, they're embarassing, they scar, the best advice was given by , though. It can be a huge hygiene issue, and also can be blocked sweat pores which unfortunately means a lot of heavier people suffer more than thinner.
*** TERRASIL *** THIS IS A TUBE OF SILVER AND OXYGEN SKIN CREAM USED BY MANY WHO HAVE HIDRADENITIS SUPPURATIVA....GO TO http://www.aidanceproducts.com/products.html?REF=GOA

I JUST ORDERED THE REGULAR LAST WEEK IT SHIPPED TO MY HOUSE WITH IN 2 DAYS AND AS SOON AS I GOT IT I STARTED USING IT...IT WORKS WITH PAIN AND ALSO SHRINKS YOUR CYSTS..I HAD ONE THE SIZE OF A DIME IN MY ARMPIT AND 2 DAYS LATER IT'S THE SIZE OF A PENCIL ERASER...WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN 2 DAYS!!!
I'm 15 and I just discovered a lump like everyone here is talking about. It's right along my bikini line on the right side. It hurts really bad and even more when my panties rub it. Does anyone have any advice that I can try to make it go away here at home? I will go to the doctor if I have to but if there is something I can do at home, I would much rather do that. Please please email me at ***@****
I have a reddish bump between my vagina and bikini line. It is sore but also itches a little. I've also been having some itching "down there". This has lasted about a week. The soreness of the bump almost feels like a paper cut sting but there's no open wound that I can find. What could this be? I'm getting kind of freaked out by it.  
Hey.. I've had about everything that everyone here is saying... and i just turned 13 in June. I've had these since i was like... 8-9 and they haven't gone away since! They're so annoying and especially since i'm in middle school i also don't want to have the ithcing down in that area either. I need help, and lots of it! I have these bumps, (not really all that swollen), but some used to be bigger than a dime. i also have some small ones that are like, pimples, but i never touched them! I need HELP! I want to at least see these bumps go away somehow before i start school as an 8th grader. Plus, i also have these like *goose bumps* on my arms? Suggestions?
I have also been suffering from this terrible condition since I was probably about twelve. It started out as small shiny red bumps that would come up one at a time, every so often, usually on my inner thigh directly on my bikini line. They were very painful because my underwear line would pull on the boils, and often I'd get back from school to find a bloody pus coming from it (sorry, as you know they're gross). I'm now 23 years old and in college, still getting these boils/cysts at an even greater rate. It comes and goes in spurts...I will go a couple weeks without getting one every once in a while, then will get anywhere between one and four of these horrible things all at once. They are usually an inch or so down where my thighs rub togehter and sometimes swell up underneath the skin like cysts or golf balls. I've tried several anitbiotics, but never really see any results and it's unhealthy to be on longterm antibiotics anyways. Creams haven't worked for me, they do not really stay on at night, and get all over my sheets. There has to be a cure out there somewhere. I'm thinking of switching dermatologists because mine has been of no help, I think he's baffled by it. I'm at least comforted that there are other people suffering from this, because I feel like a purplescarred weirdo, people think it's a weird STD or something but it's not. Best of luck to you all, and Please let me know if you find any cures or PREVENTION for these!
I've had the same problem that everyone here has had since a few months into pregnancy with my son. i was 19 at the time. Today is my 24th birthday.
earlier this week i had one on my inner upper right thigh it was painful. i put a large bandage on it and it helped the pain while i was at clinicals (CNA clinicals at a nursing home). with the bandage the pain subsided because the bump wasn't sweaty rubbing on my scrubs and my other thigh. it felt so good that i left it there over night.. which probably wasn't a good idea. the next morning i went to take it off and (my skin is so horribly thin down there because of the chronic abscesses) and so the bandage peeled a few layers of skin off as well. it took me about two hours to peel the bandage off. very painful. i went to clinicals the next day and it was slightly bearable to walk around. i just walked funny trying to keep my legs from rubbing together.
this morning i woke up and a whole new very large one had appeared on my inner upper left thigh. these things are very deep tissue. the round tops are shiny and red all around them. it's painful to walk, but i cant put bandages on them anymore because I'm afraid of ripping skin off of my thighs. i have purple scars everywhere down there. it's embarrassing and painful and i haven't found anything that works to rid me of this issue. i went to the doctor years ago when i was still pregnant and they gave me antibiotics and they didn't work. I've used every old wives tale in the book that my Nana passes to me but this is getting to the point where it is interrupting my work and playing with my son and every day things. i wont even have an intimate relationship with anyone because I'm embarrassed and I'm afraid it might be painful.
i was thinking in my head this morning what i wanted for my birthday. at the very top of the very short list is to get rid of the painful, frustrating and embarrassing abscesses that keep me from thinking about more important things.
sorry about posting twice
WOW soooo glad I found this page!! helped me so much, I know exactly what's wrong with me now and I can't even tell you how much my anxiety has been eased about the situation. I can't really add anything that hasn't already been told by someone else!! Thanks for all the great tips and it's so relieving to know i'm not alone.
I completely understand how all of you feel that get these little nasty rep pimple cysts that later turn into  purple blue black scars...I've gotten them since I was 13 and i'm 23 now about to be 24 and have been to, what seems, like every doctor in the world..there is no cure there is nothing they can shuve down my throat to make these things go away. I did find that Terrisal works somewhat if you want some relief you can try boilease...it's found at CVS-walgreens....stores like that..You load a gauze pad with this cream and place it right over the affected area..it might not pop right away but it gently ease's the pain and pressure with some of these "bombs" ...It ***** I know I've even thought of getting lipo or even skin graphing to correct this but I'm not a millionaire and can't afford this..I'm glad we can all come here and vent out what our issues that we are having!!
I don't know if im in the right place talkin about it, but i had reddish, purpleish bump on my calf, and i was there for quite a while, it was like a lump but when i poked it it was puss and bit of blood but it never went away, (sorry so gross), I went to the Doctor and he gave me some antibiotics which it went down a bit and not so red but its still hard..i dont know he told me it wasnt a bite, but didnt know.. Well i quit think bout it because its not gettin bigger just red every now and then. But just a few days ago i noticed another one just like the other its real red and sore..im really starting to panic. Maybe im being dramatic but really i have no idea, i was thinkin ingrown hair, but like my first one was there for a month or better.. Ive tried Prid Sauve stuff and antibactieral cream and nothing.. Thank you all who read this and letting me vent and talk about it.. Thank you agian
my name is laural and im 20yrs old i have had an abscess on my cheek by my lip that the hospital had to remove but that had a head on it wat i have now is about two -three finges long very hard and painful to touch this hard lump runs my bikini line but almost directly under my right hip at the top of my bikini line. ive tried hot compresses but they dont work the hard lump has no head so i cant try and squeeze it. i dont want to go back to the doctor but ive had it three days and its still veyr hadr and the swelling has not gone down if anything the swelling has increased.................. any suggestions?
kinda scared......
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all for your posts!  I have been suffering with my first bump for about a month now, and it's driving me crazy!  It's right in my pantie line area of my leg.  I ignored it for a bit because I'm very prone to acne in wierd places, but my description matches most of yours completely!  I have a Dr. appt in two weeks with the OB, but after reading some of your posts, I'm wondering if I should switch to my primary or a dermatologist?  How embarassing to have to show them.  Same symptions too, wierd long bleeding and puss when provoked.    Very painfull when wearing underwear, so I've been living in my husband's boxer shorts.  
Ive been getting these "cysts" for years now.  In my opinion, i think they are ingrown hairs from shaving your bikini line, because I never ever used to get them b4 i started shaving down there.  I've tried the pin trick many times when i was younger, but now i find that letting them pop on their own leaves less of a scar and is less painful, but believe me, when they pop, (which for me always has to happen somewhere random) a shitload of pus and blood comes out! (sorry disgusting i no)  My inner thighs are covered in scars and little holes left from these monsters.  
Thank you all for posting so much information.  I am 23 years old, of average weight and have been dealing with the hard lumps/cysts on my bikini line area for about 3-4 years now.  They are very painful and tend to become inflamed when I wear jeans or underwear that agitate the bikini line area.  I recently went for my annual check-up and the doctor noticed my "lesion".  He tried to tell me it was herpes and I told him I was positive it was not.  He strongly encouraged me to get tested for herpes and the result was negative...thank goodness.  

What I've found that helps is to wear breathable cotton boyshort underwear and to buy pants that do not rub or put pressure on the bikini line area when I sit down.  When the hard lump starts to develop a ***** sac, I quit wearing underwear or jeans and wear leggings instead.  I thoroughly wash the cyst with soap in the shower then rinse with bactine everytime after going to the bathroom.  After it bursts I continue the bactine rinses and apply neosporin (this helps it heal without leaving a dark scare).  Good luck to you all and I hope you find this posting helpful.
hello, i am experiencing my second cyst. the first one i had in my armpit and didn't know that's what it was, it eventually went away. the second one, which i have right now is on my upper inner thigh, a very awkward place. A few days ago when i noticed it it was by accident, i squeezed hardly at all and it pussed right out. but i kept messing with it(it was the first time i had one puss and i was intrigued)  >..> ) and swelled up to almost the size of a soft ball, but i was recommended from a friend who gets them also, this stuff called "Black Drawing Salve" medically termed "ichthammol Ointment" only a few dollars at your local pharmacy. its black, smells like tar, stains and is messy, but it works amazingly!!!  put a little on once the skin is broken, and cover it with a bandage, in the morning then in the evening. my softball sized cyst shrunk down to the size of a marble in 2 days!!!  =) i highly recommend it to everyone, just thought i would share since no  one has mentioned it yet, if anyone else try's it please share your experience =)
I used to have the same problem and it started when I was about 12. They were BAD. They'd turn into big under the skin, painful, infected boils that often had to be lanced. I was given the same treatment by Doctors. Antibiotics for topical and oral treatment. In my 40s, It was finally suggested to me that it could be because of coconut. Coconut oils do not break down in the system as quickly (or at all) as other oils in some people. It needs to be expelled, and sometimes the only way that can happen is through the lymph nodes down there. So I cut out all coconut (sacrifice - I loved it!) and no more boils, except maybe a little flare up right before my period or if I unknowingly eat junk food with coconut oil in it. I hesitate to call this an allergy because I can use coconut oil topically and it doesn't bother me. Please let us know if cutting out coconut works for any of you.
SO GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE!  I have struggled with these rottten puss bombs for YEARS.. tried antibiotics from the doc, Phisoderm, you name it --- they bust and burn and leave horrific scars.

I'm going to try the Terrasil to see if it helps.  And another poster mentioned this - don't try the antibiotics -- it makes them COME BACK TWICE AS BAD!!

As for the scarring -- when I had these before and they were gone with just the scars left -- I put some Retin-A on the skin and the scars went away.

Have to agree with everyone here -- I dry thoroughly, go commando when I sleep, and try not to wear too tight of pants to avoid repeat offenders.

If anyone else has any better ideas to get rid of the scarring BESIDES SURGERY -  please POST!!
Hello, recently i have found lump on the inside of my groin, right on the outskirts of my pubic hair. I'm only 15 and ive been freaking out about it. Its painfull to touch and is about the size of half a lemon head, It also has a dime size redish tent around it. im worried it could be an std or something. If someone could help me out it would be great!
I get these off and on, at times it’s very painful to walk or sit.  I often get them on my vagina both outside and inside which is soo painful but most of the time in the crease of my legs.  I drain them myself to relive the pressure but have many scares and discolored skin from them.  I have to say if you don’t know how to drain a boil/pimple please do not do so.  You can get an infection that’s worse than the original boil, I’ve been there many times, but I can’t not stop messing with them.  I'm overweight and I'm sure that's one reason I get them, also sweet from daily life makes it’s a breeding ground for bacteria.  I was told one time that monostat works well.  Use to use that and it did work but it's been years since I've used that for boils.  I wish I could find a way to stop these.  Best tip is cleans the area really good and make sure the area is dry.  I use a hairdryer to make sure all my creases are dry. (Was told by a GYN to use a hair dryer than towel).  Works better than a towel....
I too have had a swollen lymphnode on my left bikini line and had it removed....than after i had 2 kids i gained a little under 50 pounds. I got this red pimple like looking thing that was painful on my right bikini line. I brought it up to my Gyno and he made an insicion and drained it(he said it was an absess (abscess))....BIG MISTAKE! I now have a scar on my right bikini line and left bikini line. Later i told my mother in law about it and she said shes been getting them for over 20 years and about 2 years ago her gyno told her to wash the area that looks like a pimple and is painful (she gets them in the armpits too) with HIBICLENS. Its what doctors have you wash yourself with before surgery it takes away all the bacteria. (you can buy a bottle at walmart for around $5.00) I used it on the one the doctor drained but came back. and im not lying within 4 days the pain was gone and i still use it when i get a flair up...I don't know what I would have done without it. I hope this helps some of you ladies.
Yea I've had boils for about 10 years, I'm 22 now. I have 2 or 3 on a daily basis and my thighs rub together making them feel 10 times worse. What usually helps just a little is using antibacterial *safeguard* soap. I sleep with a heating pad between my thighs daily to relieve the pain and it makes them come to a head so by morning you can just squeeze as much out of them as you can.

I was so self concious that I didn't have sex until 19. I never wanted to show anyone my thighs and when I did they thought I had an STD and ran away. It got to the point that every 2 months I went and got tested for every STD out there just so I can carry around proof that I'm clean. I wasn't happy until I found my husband. He is a little grossed out and sympathetic but he goes as far as helping me squeeze them (it's so much easier and more affective when someone else does the squeezing because we never wanna hurt ourselves)...

I've gone to the doctor often (like I said testing every 2 months) and they are no help. Doctors just say "oh you need to loose weight"... when I lost weight they say "oh you need to eat a more balanced diet" "stop having sex as often" blah blah blah... they just don't know what to do. We're just going to have to deal with it because no one cares enough to develop a cure... they have this boil be gone stuck that keeps your thighs from rubbing together but... its really messy and pretty much not worth it...

Good Luck everyone... I hope my post has helped...

Remember:
Heating Pad at night
Someone else doing the squeezing
Antibacterial Soap
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I have been to my Dr 4 times for this very thing you are all describing, and every time I leave more confused then when I entered there. I have been going through this very thing for almost 10 years now, and right now I have one, (probably the biggest and most painfullest I have ever had).  

I had cysts on my ovaries and my Uterus, which resulted in a full Hysterectomy 3 years ago, so I have always been waiting for the big "C" diagnosis because of these weird and frequent, puss filled lumps. Thank you all for allowing me to find this site, and finally hearing from someone going through the same thing I am. Good luck people, and heating pad tonight it is.
This thread has me in tears right now... its 3am and I have a large lesion on my left bikini area, so I cant sleep. I've been suffering boils/cysts/lesions since I was in my early teens. I am 30 years old now. What brings me to tears is that I thought I was an "odd duck" with these issues. I didn't realize that others suffered too. I feel your pain and embarrassment. My boyfriend and I both suffer from them. We've gone to the doctors and been treated separately in the past. I have one lanced and get antibiotics. He goes to the VA gets it lanced and gets antibiotics. I was our sheets every three days in hot water and bleach. I only use white sheets and pillow cases because of this. We each shower twice a day as well. The last one he had on his ear lobe burst out in public where we didn't have ANYTHING to catch the discharge and it smelled horrible. He was so embarrassed. We made another appt for him at the VA and since I am out of work I went with him for the first time. I was truly taken aback by that appointment and pray that it works. Dr C actually examined BOTH of us... considering I wasn't a VA patient was unusual to me. He put us BOTH on antibiotics at the same time. He got Minocycline and I got doxicycline ($4 prescription at walmart). Doc also prescribed us Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution as an antiseptic to use every day. He said that we were "ping pong-ing" the staph between us and needed to be treated together and not separately. Crossing my fingers we finally get to the bottom of things.
Now, I've always treated my lesions myself with ice and then a sterile pin and drain. If its in a precarious place my mother will usually help me... gotta love her. Dr C told me NOT to lance myself and it will drain on its own. My current lesion is the size of a golf ball right now and is making me miserable. Hence my visit to Google and then to here. I have been applying heat and taking Motrin. The skin has gotten shiny so alls hoping next day or so I should have a head. With my research complete I am going to make a turmeric poultice and see what that does. I will keep all posted. I just can't believe I've gone through 15+ years thinking I was gross for having these. We're not "gross" or "dirty" we just have a legitimate medical condition that unfortunately doesn't seem to have a definitive cure except for better eating and drinking habits. I cant wait to tell my mother that I'm not the only one. I wish you all luck and hope we can find a treatment that works...
OH before I close... for treatments of the scars... mederma cream and cocoa butter lotion. Same thing one would use for after baby stretch marks and surgical scars. I stumbled on this accidentally after my daughter was born and after my gastric bypass. ;-)

Also try epsom salt in a bath to draw the infection to the surface.  I also have been getting these for years, but now there are around 6 and they are painful.  I do believe sweating has a lot to do with it as we have had a hot summer.  Also air out whenever possible, and it might even be hormones as I am 41 and they seem to be getting worse, and even acne/cysts on my face are bad.  Cysts are hereditary and there is no cure I found out from my dermatologist.  Hope some of this helps.
Did not mean to double post sorry
omg i can't believe other people have them i keep getting them on my inner thigh and they hurt and ive also got them on my lips if you know what i mean now i have another one but its the size of a small golf ball its so sore i can hardly walk or sit im so imbarrassed about it i was just on here looking for a free clinic since i just moved here but i dont really want a doctor looking down there or cutting ill try the warm towel and the salt thanks
I got these on my bikini line since I was a teenager. I have been cyst free for years after I cut out all sugar except 1-2 natural fruits a day (and sugar is hiding everywhere - ketchup, bread, salad dressing, HFCS, -oses, etc ,etc). Eating a clean organic diet has cured more ailments than I can fit into this comment box. I have some scars left but that is all! Antibiotics are horrible for this and promote yeast growth (at least supplement with probiotics after taking over-prescribed antibiotics). Hope this help someone!
I am 25 and I have been dealing with this for about 10 years now myself. I was always so embarrassed. They are so painful and have a stench when u pop them. I am gonna try the maderma for scarring. I get it on my inner thighs, the side of my breasts,above my private area, my butt, and my underarms. I am gonna try a few things from here. and then see how they work. I thought I was alone in this situation. I feel a lot better now.  I wish they just had a cure for this already.
Next to having these cysts, removing the bandage is almost as painful.
I soak a cotton ball in rubbing alchol and swab the edges of the bandage, until the adhesive dissolves. Works everytime!
Note: if the wound is still open, be careful, because the alcohol will seep into it...more pain, so make sure the cotton ball is not soaking wet.
I'm trying to get better at recognizing the onset of these cysts and practice prevention.

I start to feel a slight fever a few days before, and the area starts to tingle and itch.
The itching increases, until I irritate it into formation. Plus I think I scratch it in my sleep!
My first thought is always, "OH No....Not Again!"

Right away, I increase my regimen of cleansing w/antibacterial soap, perioxide and up my intake of Turmeric supplements. Note: if you like Indian/asian food..they use a lot of turmeric, so eat up!

I make a Turmeric/Emu oil paste, apply, cover with a large, adhesive-type rectangular bandage (get from Walmart, CVS, buy several boxes to keep on hand and keep some on your person..just in case). I also buy sterile guaze, fold them over, place over the cysts, THEN place the adhesive bandage ontop for added protection and comfort. Make sure the guaze is the type that doesn't stick to wounds.

Note: Make sure to buy the type of water-proof bandages with the adhesive strip AROUND ALL 4 SIDES, to ensure no more bacteria gets in, plus you can shower with it and not introduce moisture. Change regularly (whether it burst open or not), so you can apply fresh paste. See my previous post on how to painlessly remove a bandage.
Update: once the adhesive has dissolve around the edges, keep applying the alcohol as you pull off the bandage.  

Though not a cure, I believe recognizing the onset will helps us better prepare.
I don't have the guts to pop it and don't know anyone who will...Turmeric seems to speed up the POP-event.
I am 68 years old and just had my first boil/abcess/whatever about a month ago in my vaginal/groin area, I used hotpacks, antibiox soap, boil ease and bandage...it went away within a week.  Then more came back of both sides of the labia they stayed about the size of a dime and some went away fairly quickly, however now I only have them on the right side, both labia and groin area.  One popped up in the groin that seems huge to me, about 2" inches long and 1" wide...just found it this morning.  So now I'm doctoring 4 in this same general area of various sizes.  We travel several months at a time and happen to be in the upper pennisula of Michigan for 2 days before move down state slowly...called my doctor back in Texas, and she won't even prescripe antibiox for me...got to a walk in clinic, or if they get really bad, go to the ER.  I don't want to do either, but this is getting worrisome and painful.  Most of these posts sound like you've been dealing with them for years without much luck, and here I am having my first one at 68 and having them just keep popping up all in a months time.  

PokerDiva
I have had these sorts of problems for years on various parts of the body. But when i had a ceasarian section 4 years ago I was sent home with staples in and had to have them removed by a home nurse. One had embedded itself into my flesh. Anyway i seemed to heal over time and several infections later. But there was an area that would break down from time to time. About 3 weeks ago i got a sore raised lump just above the bikini line under tum. This got bigger and bigger and unlike most of you here i applied ice to it. I squeezed it and yes it hurt but it eventually burst with blood and pus. I went to my doc who advised i had a 2 milimetre slit there. We did dressings and chlorosig ointment on it daily and it continued to weep and didnt want to heal. However now it has healed it is forming all over again. Big lump dark purple under skin SO sore like a pinched bruised feeling. On top of this i feel sure there has been something left in me from the ceasar. I had xrays but nothing showed. I am still not convinced. If anyone touches it at all i feel like a pin is pricking into me. So now i have an appointment with a surgeon in a months time to see what he suggests. I am scared stiff. I have an elderly mum that relies on me to do her food shopping and i have a 4 yr old that needs me. NOT fun at all. I hope you all find the answers to your problems. For me vanity doesnt come into it i just want to be healed and stop having these problems.
Regards
Sharyn from Australia
okay im 16 years old and currently scared ********.
so i have never had sex (anal or oral) so it cant be from that but a few days ago i was wearing a tight thong (maybe form that ?) and it got kinda sore on my left side, i few days later it got worse and so i looked and was shocked to see this welt. from where the pain starts and ends like on my inner groin area is like 2 inches and then theres this welts thing in the middle. sitting and walking is painful and i really DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.  my family doc is male and so are the ones at the walk in clinic, so i really dont wanna go and be like "OMG LOOK". i got a staff infection before but i seriously dont know what to think since that was the painfulest thing ive ever gone through ... im on the verge of tears and i need help !
I have these too. I have huge thunder thys that rub together. I was outside all day (in Texas) and it was HOT! I was sweating a lot and then I felt this pain on my inner thy and low and behold this doomed bump. The head is a purple color, and around an 1/2 inch diameter it is swollen and hard underneath the purple part. Then around that is a red area that surrounds the purple part and its about 4 inches across. It kinda looks like a spider bite. Its very possible it can be this. I have something very important to do today but it hurts to walk and I look like I have a stick up my @$$ if I try to walk. Im trying a heating pad on it, it seems to help. Im about to go to Walgreens and buy everything I can think of that will fix this. : (
It is in a weird way nice to see that tthere are others out there suffering like i do. I am sorry for all you women out there - I hate these warts and the pain they cause. I have not been able to get rid of these bumps but what has helped me is BACTROBAN cream or ointment. The problem is that you dont get this OTC and you need a prescription to buy it. I wish i could buy it OTC with the amount i use it. Also get HIBICLENS  antiseptic skin cleanser and use it everyday - this defnitely helps. Hibiclens is available at any pharmacy and i keep it a part of my everyday cleaning routine now. Also, Bactrim is one pescription pill that helped me in the past. And also take an anti-inflamatory pill and this will also reduce the pain a bit. Hope this helps atleast a few of you out there.
I have been getting these for a long time they get big and warm they hurt like a needle is in it like pain a sharp pain and they unuesly are filled with blood and I just wait for them to go a away and don't bother it but I get then on the left inner thigh every since I was a teenager I get them alot but I go on with my life .
ladies...i feel your pain.  i'm a man and i have been dealing with these things for about 10 years now.  my doctor doesn't seem to take it as seriously as i would like, and thinks that it could be due to sweat or lack of cleaning in that area as well as others (hate to say it, but if you knew me, you would know how much of a clean freak i am).  he suggested using an anti-bacterial soap like "cetaphil" and just trying to keep it dry (tough to do in the summer time when you sweat down there).

i have gotten these welts on both inner thighs, but more often than not it is on my right side (seems to be the case with most posts here too).  i am usually able to simply pop them or use a needle to puncture the skin just below the surface to drain the puss/blood, but this time around is a little more sore/sensitive.

after reading some of these posts, i think i am going to try the warm washcloth and just let it sit on the area for a while...hopefully this will help resolve some of the tenderness and possibly bring the puss more to the surface so i can pop/drain.  it does suck though, since it certainly does leave less than desirable scars.  i will admit that i am slightly embarrassed by them, but what can you do?  luckily my wife loves me for me, and understands my plight.

i just wanted to let you all know that you are not alone in this.  guys can get them too.

i'm glad i found this thread...very good info to go on.

cheers!
I am 21 years old and have been dealing with this problem since I was around ten years old. I get these bumps/pimples/blackheads/cysts on and around my private area, in my butt crack, under my arms and more recently under my breasts. I was always freaking out when a new one showed up and sometimes they  pop while I was in public. It is painful and embarrassing because they bleed for hours on end. I knew my weight had something to do with it, but I was baffled when my overweight friend told me she didnt have them at all (She weighs at least 40 lbs more then I). I have had to hide it from the few guys I have been with, because it looks like I have some STD from hell down there. I even go to great lengths to hide them all the time. I cant even wear tank tops unless I sleep in them because of this horrible issue. II showed my mother one of them before they popped and she had not a clue what it could be, said she had never seen anything like that in her life. Recently my 16 year old sister asked me if I still had these bumps, because she has one now on her inner thigh/crease of her leg that looks just as bad as mine do. Im kinda scared now that I know it has a name...... Hydradenitis Supprativa sounds scary as all freakin get out. Im planning on going to the doctor with this information I have found here. I really do appreciate someone stepping in and creating this forum of sorts. I am SO glad to know Im not some freak show that has skin from hell in her special spots. THANK YOU so much this stuff really helped. I hope I have good luck at the doctors. <33
I got one of these lumps on my inner thigh and it's sore the doctor told me it can be a fat tumor or a cancerous tumor . "which i am not really over weight. Gained few pounds after falling through a deck and hurt my back" the first visit and left it as is.  2 Months later i noticed it got twice the size Like a base ball size from a golf ball size and now it's painful. So on September 27 2010 they are going to cut it out and test it. Kind of nervous about it cause i have never been under a knife before and i am 29 so i considered myself lucky until now.  Hope it is nothing serious cause i plan on reenlisting in the army if it is cancer that could be one of my main reasons for getting sick often.  So if any of you have any issues like this get it looked at ASAP cause it could be cancerous. Just a rant  Cancer run high on both sides of my family so it has me worried but i can't tell that to my wife cause she is already scared for me it ***** i have no one to talk to about this cause i am the strong one in the family so strong the people who live next to me won't start with my family cause they know i will start a war if they start with me in anyway.  Just ***** not being able to talk to the people i love about what is happening cause i would cause more stress in their life

Carl  
I have the same thing everyone is describing. I asked my primary care doctor and he told me it was infected hair follicles. I didn't believe this cause I get them every month. So I asked my OB/GYN when I was in for my annual visit. He said it has to do with my horomones. I believe this. I have noticed that the bumps come about a week before my period is do to come. It happens every month. I've been getting the bumps for well over 10 years now. The only time I didn't get them was when I was pregnant with my 3 sons. What a relief that was to have 9 months X 3 of freedom from these painful bumps! My OB/GYN gave me tetraclycline and it does help. If they get to painful I will also soak in a tub of hot water which sometimes will make them the bumps pop. I hope this helps.
i have read every last comment that you all have post and i am grateful for this knowledge. ive been suffering for years now and have been too embarrassed to do anything about it. its great to know im not alone anymore.
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! wow i thought i was the only one. this is gna sound dum but i almost wana cry jus cuz even tho it suks *** to have this issue at least i kno im not alone n ladies ur not alone. i've got a real horrible case of these cysts or should i say painful lil volcanoes!!!! I hate them. I get them frequently and it was so bad once it left a literal HOLE u cud fit the tip of a pencil inside. I'm 19 years old and have been suffering from this since the fifth grade. N not to be cocky but im not an ugly duckling nor overweight..im 120lbs and 5'5'' and i hate wat this duz to me inside.

Yes its been a blow to my self esteem especially wen going to the beach. I even gotten embarresed to wana be with my man BUT ODDLY HE LOVES THEM...LOL. BUT ive come to TERMS with it. plus i like gross thing so my issues have become INTERESTING TO ME!!! PLUS THIS IS HOW GOD MADE ME. i can hate them all i want but ive got to live with them...SO Y NOT NAME THEM..lol. but foreal GOD makes no mistakes n this is wat we have to deal with. NO NOT THE BEST THING TO EMBRACE..but at least jus deal. ALL YOU N ME KNO WERE NOT NASTY OR UNCLEAN bcuz of them...they just happen.

WE CAN OVERCOME THEM!! WERE SPECIAL. we just have to be confident in WHO WE ARE..thats wat ive HAD TO DO n NOT LET it bother me like it used to. Dont get me wrong i wish i was perfect down the...its our FEMENINITY...n we CANT EMBRACE it how we want...but IT IS WAT IT IS!! I also have VOLCANOES that grow between my titys n I've also suffered from VOLCANIC acne on my face..THANK GOD thats gotten better on my face...TIP LADIES CLINIQUE 3 STEP ACNE SYSTEM..I SWEAR BY IT. the product has helped me alot for acne also the clinique acne makeup. too bad it cant help me down there or between my chest.

wow i didnt think i wud have anyone to relate to. i read all the stories n i feel im reading a biography of me!!!!! Well to say I did use to wax it helped at first then made it worse. But i am n started treatments of LASER HAIR REMOVAL!!! first off IT HURTS...LOL. second I LOVE IT. i hope it helps cure me in th long run. i also have a disgusting scar im self consious about n they said that th laser could help lighten it but not 100% gaurentee. but what the hell ima be the test dummy. i have one as i speak n it is so painful...im walkin lika duck to reduce pain..its actually noticable that im waddaling...lol. Ive had issues on everypart of me that makes me a woman..my face..my breats..and down under...i dread getting ina bathing suit...but u kno what its who i am...IVE GOT A BIG HEART and those volcanoes are NOT GOING TO BLOW ME UP!!!

hope i helped any...becuz all you were very inspirational to me. us special one gotta stick together. WERE STILL SEXY, BEAUTIFUL, CONFIDENT, AWSOME, WARM HEARTED, SPECIAL LADIES!!!!
and GUYS...thanks for commenting. that very reassuring to know that females are not alone in this upset...but as long as we find someone who loves us and understands th issue is what matters.
I had Cushing's Disease and was diagnosed with HS before I was diagnosed (much later) with the Cushing's.  I've probably had CD for 25+ years.  After a surgery to try to cure the Cushing's (pitiuitary tumor removal), the HS disappeared.  2 years later, the CD came back, and so did the HS.  Eventually I had my adrenal glands removed to prevent the CD from ever coming back, and the HS disappeared again. Please google Cushing's and look up the signs/symptoms to see if that fits.
I started getting these bumps on my inner thighs and armpits when I was 9. I can't were cap sleeve shirts because they irritate the bumps on my armpit and make them bigger. The bumps on my inner thigh sometimes get to be 2 fingers wide, rock hard, and, extremely painful. The bumps on my armpits stay for about 4weeks but the painful ones on my thighs stay for as long as they want, which *****. I have noticed the bigger and more irritated the bump/bumps get the longer they stay and the more painful they get. I have also noticed that once a  bump goes away for a couple of days then another one pops up in the same exact spot. So far I do not know a cure or remedy that will keep the swelling and pain down. I have bad dark scars that do not really improve. I am so glad this isn't a rare thing. Thank you to everyone who added a comment! All of you made me feel a lot better.

Good luck!
i am a 27 year old guy, and have had these things ever since i can remember, i used to enjoy squeezing them and watching the blood/puss go squirting but since ive had them now for about 15 years ive learned that fighting the urge to pop them and stick a needle in them is about the thing to do. over the years i have looked at them closer and asked around, my dad and brother get them too and we all have to deal with them. i have about 20 to 25 black scars from the size of a pin head to a dime in each inner thigh from the things. the best thing i have found is this stuff called boil ease. its a topical cream that has benzocane in it and that takes the pain away for about six hours. in my case i usually put it on 4 or 5 times over 2 to 3 day and it goes away. i just wanted to say too, this is not an std. i have been checked for std's 3 times and i personally am disease free. when i was 22 i got mrsa somehow. and the symptoms of mrsa and this thing are very similar. so its always best to go to the dr. and have them take a blood test. if you have insurance it should be pretty cheap to do. if your on the obama care program, well, its free for you.
In most cases they are ingrown hairs from shaving deep under the skin that are unreachable until they pop.I used to get them and i still do from time to time, for about two days I put a Hot compress on it as hot as you can stand and it should then come to a head then I pop mines instead of going to the doc. and let em cut me and pack me and then end up with a little scar. Then after popping it i make sure i squeeze all the pus i can get out then take a q-tip and peroxide and keep it clean it is sore the first day or so then it goes away. Oh yeah dont forget after you shave to clean with witch hazel,Tucks are great also you can use thaty to keep area clean. nad also remove the hair. Hope this helps
I got one of these, its like an infected cyst or boil, on the labia, about 30 yrs ago, it hurt soooo bad, the dr gave me antibiotic and it clear up and didnt come back for 2 yrs (usually after a very long bike ride)  I didn't want to go back to dr as we were on vacation.....so I sterilized a needle, and drained it, by very gently squeezing it from back to front (you don't want to drive the infection further inside - that was my reasoning)  It actually popped as if it were a huge pimple).....I washed it thoroughly with anitbiotic soap, and applied polysporin (I had it for a previous eye infection, but it worked)
This time,  (first time in 28 yrs) its back, same place (the cyst never disappear, its just not infected most of the time)  it never got quite as painful as last time, but I could see where it was headed, I couldn't walk......so I went online for advice.......I sat in bath as hot as I could (that seems to bring in infection forward......dried off and drained it (no needle),  I did this about 5-6 times over 4 days, and you can tell when its all gone and you've got it all, when you squeeze, you can't get any more infection (mine was white)) to come out, and it doesn't hurt to touch, except where you may have bruised by squeezing, but you can sit easily again and walk without pain......
I think it takes 3-4 days to drain it thoroughly.......after each session, I washed it with spectro gel (antibiotic soap)  dried gently (always with clean cloths & then into the wash they go - don't wanna spread it, I've heard of too many who have several of these.....one is too many for this gal)  then apply the polysporin, or neosporin, whatever you have......2-3 times a day.  
Don't wear anything constrictive......boxer shorts would be good, or nothing....  I was lucky to be on my own for a few days, so I could let it heal easily.
I'm so glad to be rid of this, and I plan to be a lot more vigilent from now on.....hope its 28 yrs before I see this again!
How are you doing??
Know what you mean about the little hole it leaves......when I would drain it, I would see that (mirrors)......but the hole disappears soon enough for me anyway.  I'm being VERY VERY careful,   I don't want this back again!!
Thank the Gods!!! I thought I had like.....groin cancer or something! LOL i thought i was going to die!
CURE !!!!
I've been getting these on my inner thighs all my life (I'm 40).  I found a cure!   Exposure to the sun.  After only a day of sitting in the sun with the area exposed, the pain disappears and the swelling goes down.  After a few days (even if you only sit in the sun that one time), it will disappear.
Sorry I have not read the entire thread but I have had these since I was about 12 too. I am 39 and all I can say is the only relief I had was while pregnant believe it or not. They completely went away and about a year and a half after they cam back. My youngest is 2 1/2 and they are back in full force. I wonder if anyone has looked into hormonal treatments? That is my only guess since I was completely free of them when I was pregnant. My mother and my twin has them too. Hopefully my kids didn't inherit this as well. I am mortified to ask anyone other than the gynocologist and they recommended different shaving creams and told me not to shave etc.  Totally off base!
After I had my daughter, I went it for a check up. I have had these bumps since I was fourteen. They embarrass me and I've always squirmed so that they weren't noticed. The doctor I saw asked if I had ever had herpes. I confidentlly told her no but, I really thought that maybe I had contracted them and these weren't the same "bumps". I had been tested in the hospital and everything came back negative so, I didn't understand. The last gyn appointment I had they did the regular tests as well and came back with nothing (I didn't have a "boil, bump" at the time. But, of course, it came back like they always do. They are painful and annoying. I'm glad to know what it is and know I'm not the only one that suffers. I found out my Aunt gets them too. They are just very embarrassing!
oh gosh -  i can not believe i have lived with this stuff for years and not had anything done about it.  I don't get these bumps often, but have had at least 3 that i can vividly remember.  There is a spot on my inner thigh where I had one of these bumps for at least 4-6 months in my early 20's.  I remember seeing my doctor and they of course checked me for every STD under the sun.  Negative. Then i got the "oh it's just an ingrown hair, it will go away just don't play wiht it."  Well it never did get much smaller, and of course i played with it.  The darn thing was exactly how ppl here described it: Hard, dark red, under the skin ,with no obvious ingrown hair.....and after i would squeeze it, i'd notice there was a hole, tiny, right in the middle.  it would ooze and bleed forever.  it did finally go away but still, to this day, NO ONE can touch that part of my leg. i will jump in pain even if my cat crawls across me in bed and touches "that one spot."

i noticed another one yesterday  right up near my bikini line on my inner thigh.  its so big u can see an obvious ball THRU MY SWEATS!  i'd say its the size of a marble...not quite the size of a gumball like my last one got. I have a feeling I caught it early, and i know i shouldn't play with it.  The joys of being unemployed tho - no ins. i do got to a community health center but they are SUPER limited on what they can do.  So i guess i'll make the darn apt at least have the word "Hydradenitis Supprativa" ready when he throws out the "it's just an ingrown hair" diagnosis! LOL

i see a lot of ppl say they're hereditary. i should ask my mom if she's had these before.

One other thing:  the 3 times I remember having one, including this one, i noticed they came right after my menstrual cycle. are they related to hormonal changes perhaps? I saw someone say they went away when she was pregnant. interesting.

I feel for u all! Such an embarrassing place to have your doc go and look at. i hate that. Don't suffer in pain tho, have it checked out if u have one!!  I've seen too many ppl I love ignore "odd" medical situations, until it was too late and something serious.
I thought of something else in case anyone else has this along it:

I was recently diagnosed with having a cluster of ganglion cysts in my ankle (both R & L) as well as possibly in my knee.  they push on my cyatic nerve and hurt SO BAD. i have had these for years as well.  I am waiting to see an orthopedist because, as i mentioned previously, i have no insurance and my primary clinic is very limited.

I ALSO have had a cyst/bump on the top of my scalp for over 10 years.  I am 28 btw.  It is now the size of a gumball. My mom had one too, which was removed surgically by a dermatologist....  she was told it was a Keratin deposit.

Are any of these bumps related to the ones i'm getting on my thigh? they're all apparently cysts.  I hope i don't have some strange disorder..... the one on top of my head is totally painless and free-floating.  meaning i can move it by touching it.  So, ganglion cysts in ankle, "keratin deposit" cyst on top of head, and these nasty bumps on my thigh (just one right now).

I don't even have to dress up for halloween - i feel like one of those bumpy gourds!
I have dealt with Cyst for over 14 years ( I am 33 now) 3-4 years ago they were so bad I just wanted them gone. I had one on each side of my bikini line. I had seen dermetologist, ob's, md's and everyone tried something else and nothing worked. They had gotten so bad that I could no longer get them to stay dormant. They were raised and inflammed all day, every day ! I ended up going to a general surgeon and having them cut out. You can barely see my scars. I have been cyst free for 3 years until last night... WTH... I DO NOT shave.. we determined that was the cause, so i have used VEET as a replacement. I am wondering if thats no longer working.. Hopefully this one does not become a pest, if so i will go get it taken out as well.

I have read some of the other post and will try their remedies.. i would really like these to stay gone. I don't wax, but am thinking that i may need to start..if Veet is a problem
Guy here -
This happens to more guys than you think, we just don't fret it as much because the inside of our thighs are exposed to the world less than our female counterparts.  Once we learn it's benign, but incurable, we just keep it to ourselves and don't bother with doctors.  The people above are correct, it is Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and I've had this since college.  Never asked family if any of them have it, because really, what difference does it make.

Usually, I'll just get them on the inside of my left thigh, and while it is certainly uncomfortable, sometimes even painful, it's always been manageable.  That was, of course, until two days ago, when one developed which, I sh*t you not, was about two inches long, and a little over an inch wide, which is perfectly placed in the connecting area of the groin where the upper leg meets the pelvic bone.  I can barely walk. I could barely get dressed.   This morning, in the shower, the weight of my package pulling on it made standing up really painful.  I get used to it in a sitting position after about a half hour, so I'm trying not to drink coffee or water so I don't need to go to the bathroom.  

In other words, ladies, I finally feel your pain.  This effing *****.  And I was recently laid off by my law firm, so no health insurance.  Oh yea, also have an interview for a dream job, paying muchos dineros, and they're probably going to think I have a massive case of hemorrhoids or something.  Awesome!
I have had one when i was way younger on my arm, we tried everything. until my dad told me to soak in a tub as long and as hot as i could stand it so i did and what do you know it popped and didnt hurt and went away. of coarse i have a scar, but its gone. well about a month ago on appeared on my leg so i thought to myself it worked then so lets see if itll work now. jumped in the tub as hot aas i could stand it and it popped with a little help. i squised it until it bleed and it has went down tremendously and is only sore from me popping it. hope this helps
I had a bump on my inner upper tigh. It first felt like a round rock. After touching it cause I was curious, it poped out something out like a worm was getting out. But it was white n thick like cream. Now there isn't anymore coming out but it left like a hole when I squeze it its like turned inside out like a wart or something. What is it?
I'm 16 and I noticed a small hard lump under my skin this morning. It was painful to the touch and invisible from the outside. Sometime around 3pm it had grown larger and is now a visible lump on my inner thigh. Now it's painful to the touch of clothing... Could it be the same thing as everyone else here? This is the first time I've had one of these....
Hmmm well I went to my doctor after having it for three days (by which point it had swollen to roughly the size of an orange) and they said it's cellulitis... Which is really painful!!
OKAY SO LADIES PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT MAY HELP...I HAVE THE SAME THING AND YES I HAVE HAD THEM FOR OVER 10 YEARS AS WELL...ALTHOUGH MY  BUMPS AND LUMPS AND BLACKHEADS ARE NOT REALLY THAT CLOSE TO MY BIKINI LINE, THEY ARE AT THE TOP OF MY INNNER THIGHS...THE WHOLE AREA LOOKS DARK.. I AM SO ASHAMED I STOP WEARING SHORTS...MY BOYFRIEND ACCEPTS THEM BECAUSE HE SAID IT DOESNT DEFINE ME OR MAKE ME LESS BEAUTIFUL...ANYWAYS I HAVE A SOLOUTION..I ACTUALLY GOT THIS REMEDY ONLINE AND IT WORKS...SOMEONE LIKE ME AND YOU SHARED THERE REMEDY...CLEAN AND CLEAR BLACKHEAD REMOVERS WORK...LISTEN CAREFULLY...HOT WATER WORKS OVERNIGHT FOR THE BOILS AND HOT BATHS(GUARANTEED) CLEAN AND CLEAR WORKS FOR THE BLACK HEADS (WITHIN TWO WEEKS)...IVE TRIED IT AND IT WORKS ....ONCE I GOT RID OF MY BLACKHEADS I USED A BLEACHING CREAM TO GET RID OF THE SPOTS AND GUESS WHAT I WONT LIE, MY LEGS ARE NOT 100 % BETTER, BUT ITS A WHOLE LOT BETTER...I WENT TO JAMAICA AND I WORE SHORTS AND A TWO PIECE ,,YOU COULD HARDLY SEE THEM...THIS WAS IN TWO MONTHS,....................TRY IT AND TELL ME IF IT WORKS FOR YOU.............HOPE I HELPED SOMEONE.....
Hello lovely ladies, I wish there was a doctor on here to offer advice - I've gone through the comments and realized we are not all talking about the same thing, which can be misleading when seeking answers.

What I experience is one to a few hard, boil like bumps - that feel like painful gland along my inner bikini line or some times closer to the labia itself. I only get this around the time i'm ovulating to just befor my period.

This is related to hormones. I was on the pill for 6 months....never had a single one. This is my first month not on the pill and wow -it back. another later also mentioned she never had them while she was pregnant and another said she gets them before her period.

Seems it has more to do with hormones then anything else - our bodies response to hormones. I'm hoping we can get a proper diagnosis and treatment for this specific issue. I feel your pain, it's embarrassing and painful and worse since we don't have a name to identify or explain to our partners.

In the past I've used green clay or waited days and sqeezed others took month to fully clearly up though they do shrink.

I'll be going to the doctors, I hope to get answers to share with you.

Wishing you all well.
Hi, I`m 13 years old and I just started getting these things on my inner thighs close to my vagina like a month ago. I had 5 around that area. There was the biggest 1 about 2 fingers wide and 1in long it really hurt, I could now walk very comfortable for a while. They grow scabs on the top and one day I scratched it off and puss came. I squeezed it and a lot I mean a lot of pus came out I have not told my parents. After the puss blood came and it never stopped bleeding until like 5 hours. I was scared, When all the blood was gone there was a hole left and it was BEEP. It eventually went away after 3 weeks, now it is a black spot and still a scab there. I get more but not as big as that one was. Now I get them on my lower back, On my butt and I just got one on my leg. What should I do? Should I keep busting them? Go to a doctor? Ignore it? PLEASE HELP! E-Mail me at ***@**** I need some advice!
Wow! Just for ***** and giggles I decided to Google what these awful things I get are, and this thread came up. I have been getting them for years, and they are very painful and leave horrible scars.
In my experience, shaving down there seems to help, I think because then there is no hair to harbor as much bacteria. I also have noticed they get worse just before my period. I am getting them worse now than I ever have because I have gained weight, and that area seems to get less air. I get them only in my bikini lines, on both sides, but more often on one side.
Benzoyl peroxide seems to help, and I do the popping with a sterile pin thing too. Years ago I had some type of prescription capsules for acne, I would open them and mix the bright yellow contents with a little water, then smear it on the affected area (after popping them). That seemed to work, I can't remember what the medication was though. Glad I found this, I always thought it was just me...
I just Googled the description of the capsules that helped, I believe it was Tetracycline hydrochloride. As I said in my previous post, I didn't take them orally, I would smear a paste onto the affected area. If anyone has this prescription, try it see if it helps and if it does let everyone know.
I have been suffering in silence for what feels like forever... I am 33 years old and have been dealing with this condition since I was around 13-14... I have numerous scars, and it is so painful and embarrassing. GPs/Doctors have been no help... Antibiotics do nothing, and some creams have made it worse. I have been single for nearly 4 years because I don't want to have to explain to my next partner (previously in a 14 year relationship).

I have one under my left arm which has been with me for well over a year... It has disappeared completely for a couple of weeks but always comes back. I drain it every couple of days (using the same scar). It does not get sore anymore, as long as I keep draining regularly.

I also have one on my inner left thigh, but that one only appears every so often. There have been occasions when I have been out in public and one has burst, and so much liquid comes out.

I have read every post on here and I really feel for you all, I literally feel your pain.

I read one by I have been suffering in silence for what feels like forever... I am 33 years old and have been dealing with this condition since I was around 13-14... I have numerous scars, and it is so painful and embarrassing. GPs/Doctors have been no help... Antibiotics do nothing, and some creams have made it worse. I have been single for nearly 4 years because I don't want to have to explain to my next partner (previously in a 14 year relationship).

I read one by Bilkoo about exposure to the sun. I live in a really hot climate for a year and used to sunbathe naked on my balcony and it made no difference.

I am going to keep a diary of food/drinks and attacks and keep you all posted. ( I have eaten bread today after a few weeks of a carb free diet)

Does anyone find that they may be stress related? I seem to get these when I am feeling run down. They also only appear in warm places, i.e. under the arm, the crease between the thigh and pelvic bone.

I am not overweight, but I am sitting down most of the day. I exercise regularly (when lump free down below). I do drink a fair amount of alcohol at weekend, and also occasionally binge eat bread.

Hot salt baths have helped in the past, may be dries it out. I also no longer wear underwear if I can help it, that has decreased attacks greatly.

My brother suffers from similar attacks, as does one of my close friends.
Sorry to hear you are all going through the same thing, but I have found great comfort in your posts, so thank you..
sorry for repeating my 1st paragraph.. silly computer ;-)
I have had this problem for a few years now (I am 18), and my mother has been dealing with it her whole life (although hers tend to be much more severe than mine).

After consulting with our holistic doctor, we have finally discovered something that works... it honestly has not failed once yet.

Make a paste from Tumeric powder and water, apply it to the affected and leave it on for as long as possible (sometimes it works to make a sort of poultice with it using a band-aid). Generally after anywhere from a few hours to a day or two, depending on the severity of the bump, it will begin to drain out on its own and reduce in size.

Tumeric is a very cleansing herb which has the ability to draw out impurities through the skin. In India they use it as a face wash/mask, and it is quite effective.

Just take caution because it will stain things yellow (including your skin, temporarily).
I have never had anything like this in my life and a few days ago... i suppose after shaving this small bump was there and its gotten bigger and bigger in the last few days. Just now i tried to pop it to let the puss out as its a litttle irritating and i would normally just wait for it to pass but i leave for cabo in a week and i cant have this nasty growth on my bikini line thats so gross! What the hell do i do, leave it or try to pop and and let it heal? If i pop it now its possible that in a week it could be almost healed and easier to cover .. if i leave it- it might not go away
Help me!!
I'm 16 years old, & Believe me I know the feeling. Both my Inner thighs have Bumps, Well darkend scars from them. It's embarrising, and I just feel so Self Consious and It makes me feel NASTY. Knowing that I'm not, because I take a Shower everyday and I lotion from Head to toe, and I have to use Products for My Sensitive Skin, Which is Horrible. But They use to not be as bad as they are now, but they just started getting worse and I've tried to use everything, Clindamycin helps, but You have to Pop the Painful bumps first. I Just don't know what to do, & I've been to the Doctor and I have No STDS or anything. But I'm slighty overweight, which I think that Might be most of the Problem. I use to feel alone, and feel like only 1 out a certain amount only had these but after reading yall's stories, I've realized that I'm not alone. I've always had good Self Confidence, but these just make me feel not beautiful, and not wanted.! :(
Thanks!  I've had this condition for 20 years, and I thought I was alone.  I'm glad to know that I am not alone.
I was so relieved to find this site . this is a problem in my family, it starts in our armpits, that stops then it goes to under our breasts. after that finally stops it starts in our groin area. Iv  delt with it for many years, im 43 now. I Dont have large thighs actually have skinny legs, I have good hygiene. but the past year they wont go away completely. my doctor has put me on antibiotic after another. well tomorrow I go in and my doctor is removing the glands. Im  praying this is my fix. Its so disgusting, and embarrassing, not to mention very painful, my husband of 18 years is very kind and understanding, but it messes with our very active sex life and thats where i draw the line I have scars too and im very selfconscious  about it. I will let you know if this surgery works.... Good Luck to All Of You,
I know I'm at the wrong forum but so far in my search, this has been the first one that seems to explain what I have.

Well, after searching page after page to figure out what is happening I think a lot of the people here have the same thing. Mine just started recently. About 2 months ago. I got the first two under my belt area. I worry about stuff cause in the last 13 years they've told me I was a walking dead man 7 times from Congestive heart failure, emphysema and liver disease. Anyways, first two popped up and they both started to drain the same time in a shower days later. They didn't go away and instead left dark lumps under the skin that are itchy. But now a few more have shown and they're red and hurt like heck. I'm 56 and twice they told me I had a week or less to live. I moved to a farm to die alone and I don't mind dying but my quality of life sux and now these things occupy my mind 24/7 cause they feel like they're burning. I'm looking up that one thing mentioned earlier and I plan to do the damp cloth with a heating pad so I thank you for that advice. I can't hardly stand to button my pants or tighten my belt. The new ones seem to be moving south, still in my groin area. Hope you all find relief cause this really ain't no fun.

Sonny
Further up in this thread someone told of a condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. So, I Googled it and I think that's what mine is. I'll ask my doc to check them out and give me something for them. For now I'll try the damp cloth, heating pad and Epsom's salt. Anyways, thanks to whoever mentioned HS. These things are driving me crazy.
Omfg! Wtf is going on? I've always felt so gross because the same thing has been happening to me for years. Been to numerous of doctors and no answer. I shower three times daily so I know I ain't a dirty person and am only sexual with one man for past five years. I really need some help I'm sick of feeling ugly due to the fact of these unknown little problems please help.  Miss confused
So glad to find this thread. have had these 10+ years. Am 40 now, slightly over suggested weight. Docs don't help, antibiotics make it Worse! so doing my own research & log what helps. I think it can be a combination of things.  Clogged glands, bacteria, yeast, heat/moisture & constrictive clothing.  Things I have found for myself:  Tanning helps. the things def start just before cycle (hormone related) right on the underwear line.  Commando or men's boxer briefs eliminate the constrictive bind, def sleep naked for air.  at least 2 showers a day. I would prefer a bath, but I have a jet tub, & so there is fear of bacteria in the lines & that's something I don't need to aid the problem. use Alcohol wipes on bakini line in between the showering.  applying Tea Tree oil with Qtip in the a.m.  the tea tree oil is an antibacterial santizer /soother & not as drying as Benzocaine found in the BoileEase cream... Diet: low carb/ high protein, lots of greens diet, apple juice - or other antioxidant, lots of water & I like grapefruit, Exercise. I have not tested Shaving, waxing, or not shaving yet.
I've recently started getting these abscess type cysts on my vulva..  It just showed up one day and I about flipped! I'm 49, going through menopause, and have very sensitive skin,  along with psoriasis. It's kinda crazy because I've always had good skin and now it's just a mess with rashes and such..So, NOW, I get these lumps! I've had multiple lumps at the same time that u could feel if you felt real deep. I went through all the pain and such..ended up going to the doctor. He lanced it and mostly blood came out of it..very little puss.  That doctor referred me to a OBGYN who put me to sleep (thank god) and he cleaned it out..again..just blood. Now I have 2 more and I'm worried about it and why they keep coming back..I could see how menopause could be responsible because of night sweats and hot flashes, but I can't really help that unless I start taking hormones. I really don't want to do that though. Very warm EPSOM SALTS BATHS help a lot, but once the lumps open and start draining it's not a good idea to soak anymore.  You could infect it from your bathwater. I hope one day we can find out why we get these..I just try to stay clean down there, as i normally do and wear cotton undies since it helps with perspiration down there. Wearing a unscented pantyliner can help absorb excess moisture too!
finally consulted a good dermatologist,
he reckons its hormonal, the cause,
yes, make sure u air that area well..

The cause is apocrine glands swelling up- they are responsible for the unique smell of the groin & underarm sweat regions...
apply anti-bacterial ointment on its 4-5 times a day and take anti-biotics for a week to cure them off well...
squeezing is just a temporary relief from the pain - and not a permanent solution- and haven't tried it yet but turmeric shoud work- helps in drying out the blood and pus in the cyst

Hope this helps!
You guys have no idea how relieved I am to find this thread. I've had the same recurring problems with the bumps especially under my armpit and my inner thigh since I was about sixteen. I have one right now and it hurts so badly but I finally found the courage to Google it. I'm so relieved that I'm not dying lol. I had one on the back of ear (very unique place) last year and had to go to the doctor. He made a small incision, drained it and put gauze inside of it. I'm afraid of needles so I was terrified but in the end I was just relieved that the pain was gone.
I am 18 years old and have had 2 instances where i found what you all have basically described.

My first was after i stupidly gave myself a tattoo with pen ink on my leg.
The ink traveled through my blood and infected the area between my leg and other area.
It lasted for two weeks and i found out it was a Kernel.
A kind of infection much like a cyst.
With bits of drainage and running alcohol it cleared up within a week.

The second time i found something like this it was actually in the fold of my skin right next to my area.
With just a pin sized hole it slowly grew for what seemed like forever into a knot the size of a dime.
I was tempted to squeeze and put alcohol but instead i left it alone and it cleared up in a week or two.

The weight of your body can have anything to do with it because i am 5'3 and 110lbs.
I do exercise a lot and sweat just like everyone else so i try to remember to clean thoroughly right after any kind of sweating.
The swimming seemed to help mine as well and i think its a mixture of the chlorine and the cold to help numb it.

Good luck to everyone.
Just remember to always try and see a doctor if your unsure.
Messing with something you could cause more issues for yourself such as Staph another infection
hey ladies! i too am so relieived to know that there are tons of us going thu the same thing. feeling like such a Freak!  I also have tried absolutely everything to prevent these bumps from getting any bigger and getting rid of the painful little buggers when they do get bigger. my first one was on my stomach.. It got big but not as big on the one on the bikini line or lower inbetween my cheeks.. lol. ive tried the doctor draining them after using warm comprresses. Pretty much i have one on the bikini line right now. In the same spot. Lastnight i did try using a wet washcloth warmed up in the microwave, When it was bareable i placed it on there. It feels like it May have gone down overnight...... Only because it Doesnt hurt as much when i walk. Im going to continue to do that twice a day assuming that the heat will shrink it. I dont want the doctor messing with it... Because they SQUEEZE it. With No remorse.......... and when its gone im going to go to the doctor and Yet Again...... Have her run Allll STD tests,.... i mean, they told me that they are "ingrown hair bumps" and we get them when its close to our period.. This ***** and i would loveeee to find out a cure for this. Its Embarassing and wayyy too painful.. i would not Dare have sex with this!
They hurt so bad!
Is it bad to squeeze them? It hurts now when i do it, but its reallly hard underneath and i can't seem to get rid of them. my mother says its an ingrown hair, but i doubt that. It just hurts so badd, and its embarassing because i'm a competative swimmer and i swim daily, all year long.
please help me!!!
Oh wow...I am soooo happy that this is something other people have. I'm 18 and I just got my first one, only the size of a pea and have been flipping out. I am a virgin in all ways and so I knew it couldn't be STDs but I was scared I was somehow affected. It hurts like crazy to walk and to touch...I am very active, running and going on walks. I am clean, I shower everyday. I do however, have very big thighs (thank you soccer) and they do rub together even though i'm really thin everywhere else. I have noticed that i tried shaving under there a week ago and this is when it happened. So, is the best way to get rid of it not touching it or draining it? Because draining it is going to feel like death.
Oh...wow...i can not express how grateful that i am that this is kinda normal for some people....i'm 18 and just got my first...weird thing...and it's the size of a pea on my bikini line, and i'm freaking out. I've been reading a lot of whats been said, and i'm still trying to figure out how i could have gotten this
I have not discussed the family history of this with my parents yet...obviously  i just got it
-i am not overweight, though i am very well built because of excessive sports in high school. I have very big thighs...(thank you soccer) that do rub together
-i shower everyday and don't wear tight clothing
-i have shaved recently
-i am not sexually active and have never been

So what exactly is this caused by? And how do you get ride of it? You all suggest so many things...do i drain it, go to the doctor, or leave it alone? I'm very confused and just want it gone.
Hey ya'll, i forgot a question. So i have all brothers and i recently moved in with 5 girls at college. I started getting acne...which i hardly ever got before except during my period. So I went to the doctor and he gave me some pills to take for my acne, saying it was probably a hormone or stress thing. Every since i've been taking these pills i've started getting these sores by my bikini line...but more on my upper leg. I have also had violently sick first days on my period. I've never had cramps or been sick before on my period...so do you think these pills are the cause of these...bumps? That it's just this change in hormones? The pills have really been helping my acne...so i'm not sure what to do.
-as a side note...i've had candida before and had to go on a cleanse to rid myself of it...but i think it might be coming back...could this also be the cause? I've never had these bumps before and they're painful!  
I am now 35 and have been having these sice giving birth to our daughter 5 years ago...I do know now after reading through everyones stories I do have Hidradenitis Suppuartiva and am going to follow all suggestions for cures and hope it works, because the rest of my life depends on getting rid of these cycts...Mine or sooooo bad I can't even begin to explain the problems from A-Z...
You all are older, I'm not, I'm 14, and I'm scared. It hurts so much to sit or walk. My sister had the same thing under her arm, and watching the doctor stick the gauze into her made me want to cry. I got them under the arm but not as bad as her. Now I have my worst one on my bikini line. I hate my doctor and didn't even want to tell my mom about it until I couldn't stand the pain anymore. I'm going to the doctor today, but it's REALLY REALLY embarrassing. Any suggestions on how to tell my mom? What do put on it? Or how to prevent it? Thanks!
I too have experienced these nasty bumps that are sometimes painful and cause slight itching. I have noticed for me I get them more often if I wear panties, so I for the most part do not. I also noticed that I have to take extra care around the time of my period to keep myself very dry or I will get several of these throughout the course of my period. I have been using powder after showering each day and that seems to help the most as I do tend to get sweaty/moisture n that area. I agree that heat is a aide in producing these bumps and I try to "Air myself out" as much as I can.  I am also overweight and although I got them when I was thinner too, I think that I started get them more often as I gained weight. I have tried to pop them in the past most are just blood and nothing else if I pop them right away. If I wait and pop them when they are smaller, harder bumps it seems I get a dry pus or something. For me popping them left the purple-ish scars and if I just let them do their thing I do not get the scarring. I have had some that do not hurt at all and then some that are so painful its almost impossible to walk. I think that the too much yeast in your system could be viable cause because I have them now after eating poorly all weekend (including a lot of yeasty foods). I would say it seems there is no ONE cause which is unfortunate, but its good to know Im not the only one that has these embarrassing little buggers.
Hello everyone, I've searched the web and anyone else who could help me get rid of this terrible situation.   I too was scarred and embarrassed about these large bumps and scarrs. My skin is dark so the dark spots really stood out. On vacation I wore wraps to hide my imperfection.  I wish I had taken before and after photo's, to show you as proof... but here is what I did. I have now been free and clear for the last two months. First  I used a skin solution called Tend Skin, I bought it on-line for my young sons razor bumps. It works like magic. Then for the scars I used Clinique dark spot corrector. Both are a bit expensive, but I am bump and spot free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do hope this will help you, it is a awful thing to deal with. Good Luck!
Omg thanku so much! I've got two + their mad painful + I was so scared it was going to be something serious!!
Thanks for the information ladies x
omg well i got to say im going threw the same problem, lets see i had one on my head which years ago i had it surgically removed never came back, now i have a small one in the back of my head, i had one on my finger which was cut out that never came back, and i have had several yes several down below on my left leg innner thigh by the pubic area, i have one there now, it doesnt hurt but i have to say i have had them there before and sqweezed them they went away then months later came back i got one now i have sqweezed it 3x and now it came back and its the size of a half dollar doesnt hurt but i know i need to get to doctors, yes i know it does hurt i have had one cut out there before and it hurts horrible, thats why im waiting to go, thanks for the input here, much appreciated that im not the only one going threw this
YESSSS these things are annoying me too! they're just like lumps under the skin. mine come and go and are right on my bikini line, so my underwear rubs on them and its sooo painful! They usually go away but I have a big one that I tried to sqeeze and now its turned purple and is even more painful! HELP! id there something I can just take to help it? what else helps it? Ice pack or hot towel? So glad im not the only one.

Australia
Wow, i just got out of the shower where i discovered another cyst on my bikini line, and thought id look up a way to make it go away quicker. Finding this website just made my night, which is kind of sad. I have always thought i was the only one with these problems, when i was 13 i found my first cyst under my arm and had 3 surgeries since then to remove them. i've had many cysts on my bikini line, and have been to countless doctors. Since theres no cure, i feel great knowing that im not the only one going through the pain and sometimes embarrassment. I know this ***** for all of us, but somehow someday, someone will find something that will make this go away for all of us. As for right now, i have peace in mind knowing im not alone, so thank you all!! -Liz
I have tje same symtoms (symptoms) and same location but no idea what it is. it hurts so bad just to cross my legs and even to lay comfortably on my own bed... it feels about the size of a penny. I though it might have been an ingrown hair,because there was one there, but same spot worse pain... what is it?
I think I have one it is kinda purple like a burise is that normal?
I've had this "condition" I guess forever but it started showing up around 16-17 years old, I thought it was just abrasions from being too active, I was not overweight or anywhere near to it.  Fortunately they had never been as painful as the one that I am dealing with right now.  It is so painful that it has at least caused me to find this website and realize it is an actual disease and not just randomly occurring.  That is kind of a relief because I had always thought I was the one causing these to happen and tried to be very conscious of them but they would always manage to appear sooner or later.  The hot compress seems to relieve some of the pain but definitely not all of it and not permanently, but if you have extreme discomfort you should give it a try at least once.  By the way I'm a 29 year old man as well and have read that most of you are women, but you are not alone, and guys can/would definitely understand given enough information.  Good luck to everybody in your treatments.
Ladies please please try my solution posted February 23 2011 from Yippi. I am still bump free, smooth skin which is regaining color. When I read what you are going through, it is the exact same thing I was experiencing. I am 49 years old. just check it out, buy the smallest of the smallest amount of these two items to see how they work for you.
Have you tried making your own tend skin???
I'm 25 and have been getting these for at least 8 years now. I get them 3 or 4 at a time on my bikini line and my panties rub them and pop them. It hurts so bad when that happens, since they continue to rub them after they pop. Mine also have a little puss and blood that come out. I recently got one on my thigh which popped from my jeans rubbing it and now I have a purple scar there. I believe I saw or heard somewhere that it's from wearing tight pants and/or undergarments. But I don't think mine are too tight.
I've had the little bumps become a big problem.  I had a cyst that I would not wish upon my worst enemy.  I've been told that tight fitting clothes are not good. Like jeans that are form fitting in the groin. Also 100% cotton is not what kind of underwear we should wear.  Good luck finding comfortable underwear that aren't cotton though!

Warm baths in epsom salts are very good for this, it opens the pores and encourages the impurities to come out. This also helps a cyst drain on its own. There are lots of good epsom salts too, they aren't just for old ladies.  I get mine from Happy Hippo Bath, their stuff is amazing!  Also, bubble baths are not good for us no matter how much we love them, bubbles hold bacteria. Wealso  shouldn't use any sort of perfumes in that area, they cause infection.  

I was told not to shave as it does cause ingrown hairs and exposes pores.  A few things to keep in mind.  I know it's not always easy but when you know the worst of the consequences it seems a bit easier.

I live with constant pain because of the surgery I had because of a cyst. I had my cyst marsuplised ( lanced or cut open and sewn open so the cyst couldn't form) I have an exposed nerve now and have been living in constant pain since even before my surgery 4 years ago.  Take it from me if you can manage to keep these things in mind any of it may help.    
Wow. I can't even explain the relief I feel that I'm not alone in this. I have dealt with these bumps since I was 13, I'm 19 now. I am so sick and tired of going to the doctors, I've heard everything from "overweight" (which I'm not) ingrown hairs, sweat, not clean enough, wear different underwear, take these, wash with this, blah blah blah. Mine usually pop by themselves or I give them a little squeeze if they don't, then I get a lovely little purple bruise-like scar, but the one I have now is huge, the biggest I've ever had and god is it painful, I can't walk. I'm on antibiotics, but reading your guy's posts I'm thinking it might need to be lanced. Thank you so much everyone for sharing your stories, you've really made my night, I'm sorry you all have to suffer with this, but at least we're not alone. And the most sincere guys don't care. My bf of 4 years, says they don't phase him, and that he just feels bad for me and wishes I could have some relief.I hope you all have a special someone like that. xoxo best of luck with your lumps :)
hey ladies :)
im bianca, a 15 year old from oz and what a relief it is to find that this website is filled with other chikas who share my pain !
i've been getting these pimple things for about 6 months now, and omg they are a real ball breaker :S i have one at this very moment and its killing me, it looks like a pimple as it's just starting to show a white head.
so the decision is squeeze or don't squeeze ! i'm going for squeeze as i want to get rid of it asap ! anyone else have any ideas on how to get rid of them apart from loose undies and keeping clean ?
thanks again :)
i have what sounds very similar to this, however, even right now i have almost seven small ones on one side, the very inner of my thigh, i would even consider in on the bottom of my butt. They are small and do not hurt at alllll or really itch at all athough, at first i though it may have been ingrown hairs from shaving but i dont think so anymore, one even resembles a sort of skin tag. im not sure what to do about them, any insights?
I dont usually post on these things but felt I had to share my story. I literally just got back from the doctor from having an abscess on my upper inner thigh cut open and drained. It felt like the size of a golf ball and was hard and extremely tender. I have had little hard, sometimes tender, bumps in this region before but they usually go away. This one showed up large and by the end of the day was the size of a golf ball. The process: they sanitized it, put liquid nitrogen on it to try and numb, make incision, let drain, and then squeeze. He thought he was going to have to pack it (which he said is the most painful part) but he said it was not as deep as he thought. He gave me prescription for antibiotics and pain meds. Some thoughts: extremely painful! first thing doc said was your probably going to cry. I cant imagine what packing it feels like. However, besides having an open cut on my leg it feels better already.
I hope this information may help some of you with a decision to see the doctor if you have a bad one. I surfed around on these sites trying to find info out before I went. It is painful but if it can get even more infected and more painful so it is better to deal with it asap. good luck...and I hope I have no more stories like this for you! :)
Still Bump Free!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abscess

Topical mupirocin applied to the nares.[11] In this randomized controlled trial, patients used nasal mupirocin twice daily 5 days a month for 1 year.
I get them also, and have been getting them since I was 12. I always got them and they would go away until about 3 years ago when I got a large bump on the inside of my leg in the crease. I was very thin then and very clean I might add. It has continually gone away and came back every few weeks since then. I have heard everything from fabric softener allergy to shaving bump. It is not either and I get them over an over, right now I just had a baby and they have started again. I currently have 4 large ones and they are all under the skin and painful. My mother gets them also, and she has crohn's disease. It is hereditery and I am hoping mine arent from crohns diseas also.
I'm 44 and I just started getting them a couple years ago. It started with one under my arm. A painful bump that grew and grew. I tried hot compresses but because of the tender area I eventaully went to my doctor who sent me to a surgeon. That one they cut out. Awhile later I got another one under the same arm. This time the same surgeon lanced it rather that cutting it out. She explained that they are clogged sweat glands and asked if I get them in my groin too. I said no. However, a couple months ago, I did develop one in my groin. I really don't want to go to the doctor for this one. The armpit ones were painful enough. I'm doing the warm compresses a couple times a day. I do believe it is genetic as my sister has been getting them for years - hers are much worse than mine. Good luck to you all - I'm going to work with compresses for a little while longer before I let them cut open my groin area.  ugh.....
I'm so glad I found this page! I only recently noticed a bump on my bikini line, but it was small (maybe about the size of half a peanut) and didn't hurt at all unless I touched it, so I ignored it, thinking maybe it was a bug bite or friction bump. Then today I was trying to get a good look at it, and realized there seemed to be something like a raised pimple on top of it. I was pulling at the skin around it trying to see it more clearly, when suddenly it popped and started oozing white pus ... and I won't lie, I freaked the f-ck out. But then I thought "okay, so it looks like a pimple, acts like a pimple - maybe it's just a pimple?"
So I kept alternately squeezing it and drying it off with antibacterial wipes until the pus gave way to a little bit of blood (maybe about a drop, no more), and then washed the area thoroughly and applied a bit of antibacterial cream.
That was about an hour ago, and now the swelling is gone, there's no pain at all and there doesn't seem to be any more fluid coming out. I'm planning on sleeping underwear-free tonight, and though I'm worried it'll just have come back when I check on it in the morning, I'm hoping it was a one-time thing and I'm done with it now. This is the first time it's happened to me - I'm 22, normal weight (my thighs don't rub together when I walk) and I don't think there's a history of this in my family, so maybe it's just a hygiene-related issue? I've always thought of myself as a clean person, but I'd rather have a bacterial issue than a disease. Has anyone else had this happen to them on a small/not-painful scale? Is it recurring?
hi guys! i have the same problem and it is freaking me out :( my doctor said i might have to get an abscess drainaige which is probably cutting it out and eltting the puss and blood come out. i was just wondering if that hurts? i'm so scared!
thanks for the information about your experience!! what do you mean by packing? and did the other parts hurt at all? how big was ur infection? please let me know! im really scared!! haha
I have had these since I was around 16yrs, I am now 54. They do not ever go away completely. I have had times where they subside for a month or two, but there they are again. They are worse in the hotter months but I still get them when it is cold out. Sorry to say I have never found anything that makes them go away for good. My husband gets them too, only worse than me. We have learned to try to deal with them. And no the doctors haven't got a clue to getting ride of them. I feel for everyone of you out there that has these. Clean and dry seems to be the ticket to help control them. When I was on the pill years ago they were less severe but they have gotten worse with age. I don't know about the hormone thing. Men get them and they do not have the fluctuation like women have. I've been wondering if all the additives they put in the food may actually contribute to the problem. I am going to try Yippi's sugestion. Who knows, maybe thats the answer. I'll let you all know.
Ladies I am still bump free, I can honestly tell you that whatever it is that is affecting you, haunted mefor years. The puss the pain, the bleeding, the thigh rubbing that makes you want to scream. I was so bad that I had to buy biker shorts to wear under my dress if I'd planned to go without stocking. I am a christian women and I tell you I have absolutely no bumps. My thighs are now completely clear. Someone suggested making your own Tend Skin, I found the web site for that, but I honestly do not know enough about mixing those chemicals to recommend that.  Every morning while I shower I think of you all and want to take the time to tell you that I am still bump free, but most times I am running late and cannot past the good news on. Well here I am tonight making time for you. I am bump FREE :-) Good luck
Oh yeah my since my original post was months ago, heres what I used.  The product is called Tend Skin, which I bought for my son's razor bumps and decided to try for myself.  You can google it to get the web site. Buy the smallest bottle possible because you will not have to use it  for long, apply it with cotton balls.  Once the bumps cleared I used cliniques dark spot corrector. I started this around the end of January , and by mid Feb the bumps were gone so I started to correct the horrible discoloration.  I have been bump and scar free ever since, now if you were anything like I was, I'm sure you'd  know that the bumps would have been back by now.. Do me one favor if you decide to try it.....please post to this wall and let the other ladies know.  
I hope you guys have gotten some relief. I did :D I got rid of mine by completely draining it (What I had was more like a sebaceous cyst (spelling?)) I used warm compresses after a shower (more like hot compresses lol I was desperate) and repeated the process but used hydrogen peroxide and alcohol (it doesn't hurt the cysts but might if it's not a cyst) to sterilize it. I made sure to remove all of what was inside (I know it's gross but that's what worked). It went away and has not returned! I try to wear cotton panties to keep air circulating everywhere (I'm apparently prone to them) but I do have one baby cyst in my hairline on the back of my head. It's the size of a pea and bothers me none.  I have one on my neck at the edge of my hairline (same thing, same situation) on the opposite side. I do not mess with it as it's not inflamed (spelling?) and don't want to get that started again.

Do try to be sure air can be freely moving as much as possible and keep it sterile. I suppose it would be better to have a doc drain it but if you can do it yourself, please keep it clean so it doesnt' get infected. That can really hurt!  Hot water (compresses) can help to get it to start draining on it's own but for me, that wasn't enough. I had to help it along. Vitamin E was also used to encourage my skin to cooperate and do it's thing. :)

Best to you all!
If it's a boil, I'm not sure how to help aside from keeping it clean and maybe hot/warm compresses? I'm less familiar with those. Sorry...

Now if my body will just do better with other things! My esteem is not so high.. But I try to keep my head up.. I hope you all do the same! Take care!
I had one when I lived in a hot climate. It got bad enough to go to the dr. He said that it was a staph infection of the skin. When you shave, tiny microscopic cuts occur and when sweat or bacteria gets in them, they can get infected. Everyone has bacteria on their skin no matter how much you clean or not. My dr recommended washing with dial antibacterial soap to keep it at bay! Hope this helps some of you! :)
Hi, I am 22 years old and only in the last year started to get these..... the first one i got was shiny and hurt i thought t was a boil or somthing idk i sterilized a needle and drained it (hurt like hell). Well now i get them more often like maybe one or two every other month and im convinced that it is caused by thighs rubbing and sweat. i have one now and its under the skin very hard with no shiny head this time it feaked me out cause ive never had one like this before i want to ask this board do you thnk its better to drain them? or let them be until they go away?
I have gotten these for years but notice that when I'm on birth control, I do not get them.  When I go off of birth control, they come back.  I recently went off of birth control again (two months ago) and have just gotten my first "cyst" in years.  I'm curious if anyone else has noticed any hormone relation.  It seems others have mentioned that onset was around puberty.  Others have mentioned getting them during pregnancy.  Thoughts?
Get your facts straight, it's bartholin glands, and they are located inside the vagina, not on the outside.
It was very refreshing to read all these stories. It wasnt until recently that I started to deal with this problem. About 6 months ago we moved form FL to TN and I started to get these horrible bumps on the insides of my thighs and bikini line area and they would get bigger and bigger and get harder to the touch and the area would be all red and when popped blood and puss would ooze out and in the end i would be left with a horrible purple scar and in these 6 months I have been through so many that my thighs are now covered in about 20 lil purple scars, I was beginning to think something was wrong with me and I have no insurance but went to the hospital with one on the back of my thigh that was about the size of my hand and they said o its just ingrown hairs that get infected from staph. But why do they keep coming back over and over again, I have seen some great ideas on here, my hubby has been very very supportive of me and yes im a lil over weight but I've never dealt with them till now. I dont feel so much like a freak now after reading everything but it would be nice for them to come up with a treatment especially since its hard to diagnose. I cant wait to get some insurance so i can get them checked more. My heart goes to all of you bc i wont wear shorts at all anymore, only pants or carpis but its embarrassing when my kids ask me why I have so many booboos
I am 22 years old , overweight and currently going through this problem...
I've had a couple of incidents with 'ingrown hairs' before and have been just fobbed off by doctors who look at me and and automomatically think because I'm overweight, it couldn't possibly actually be a problem.
Last thursday I felt a lump on my groin/bikini line begin to grow and it was tender but i refused to go to the Dr's because of previous treatment (i.e, none given) and as of sunday I was begging for death.
I was in so much pain, screaming and crying and I couldn't walk. I managed to get to the Dr's on Monday where I was then told I had an abcsess (by this point it was, no lie, about the width of a CDish) it was red, angry and too painful to touch.
they brought in a surgeon who poked and prodded (I thought i would pass out due to the pain) and said that antibiotics would work on their own.
SO i went home, in agony. Yesterday (Wednesday) morning at about6am, it burst. I woke up in a pool of blood and puss and was in pain. I had a bath to wipe myself down and made a dr's appointment thinking that the nightmare was over.
I went to the Dr where a nurse then stuck a pair of tweezers in me to measure how deep it was (4mm) and then stuffed me with gauze... I cried and begged my mum to hold my hand as I have never felt such pain! she then dressed the wound and told me to come back on friday to have my dressing changed.
As of now the blood and puss has leaked through the dressing and on to my clothes and I have been told that even with the antibiotics, it will take atleast a week to heal.
The point of my horror story - go to the dr's straight away, do not let them fob you off and get it sorted.
I would never wish this pain or torture on anyone!
Has anyone ever tried using Lugols iodine over the area. It sounds like it may be an infection passed from one family member to another by towels etc.This may be why they say it is hereditary. Dogs have a similar issue but they say it is from lack of good food. This also may be why those who start eating better have less of a problem and why those who go swimming clear up. If you eat better, your body can fight off infection and illness better.  Lugols iodine kills bateria, yeast etc. In the US you can only get 2.2 percent solution because they use it for making drugs but you can order a stronger solution from out of the US. I have been using an 8% solution on my daughters and it seems to be helping. We just wet a cotton ball, drop a few drops of the Lugols Iodine on and wipe the area. She acutally put a drop of that and a drop of oregano oil on a bandaid when she noticed it the other day and it popped within a day but didn't ever get large. It is the size of a round pin head.

I really think it may be parasite or yeast based. Either way, the Lugols can be taken internally as directed and I researched many sites about Lugols curing cronic (chronic) yeast infections so I am using it right now with great results.
Okayy I had one that seems pretty similar on the inner part of my thigh close to my "area" and I was litterally in the bath while reading this *the bath was pretty warm* and it just popped on its own some blood came out and white stuff but some of the white stuff was hard as if it was a pimple but I no for sure it was not a pimple I'm just making sure its nothing serious *my mom says I'm a hypochondriac and I just want to make sure I have nothing to worry about* I don't have enough money to go to the doctors and it be nothing so I just want to hear ur opinion on it since it seems we may have had the same cyst thing
Like many of you, finding this website tonight made me feel SUCH a sense of relief. I have experienced the nasty, underground cyst-like lumps on my bikini line off and on since I was about 13 (I am now 20) I have never talked to a doctor (or even family & friends) about them, and I figured they weren't anything necessarily harmful since different lumps would come and go on both sides. After reading everything that you guys have posted and all of your suggestions what to do about them, I kind of had an epiphany. I experienced my first yeast infection when I was 12 (before I even started my period), and I've always been prone to more yeast infections than the average woman. I've seen countless comments saying this is condition caused by having to much yeast in our system. LAST WEEK I randomly stumbled upon RepHresh Pro-B pills at Walgreens (I'm sure you've seen the cheesy commercial for the cream version of this pill) I Googled the pill while in the isle at Walgreens, and many reviews said the pill genuinely works. It's $30 dollars a bottle and you take one pill daily. I have only been on it a week but I am extremely hopeful this will help my (OUR) condition!

Soooooo for people who are scrolling down and want a summary of THINGS to do and not just questions, here is the conclusion I came up with based on my brief research:

-TO REDUCE SWELLING: HEAT
-Keep bikini area VERY clean, and don't allow too much sweat to build up in that area. Like how wet bathing suits can cause yeast infections....same idea.
-Try RepHresh Pro-B...I can't confirm long-term results yet, but hey, it's any over-the-counter pill that is said to specifically control yeast & bacteria build up in our body....so for all of us suffering this incurable condition, it can't hurt to try it out!
-I see that user "Yippee" is strongly reccomending  the product Tend Skin. I just Googled it & you can purchase it at Sephora for $35! I will definitely be trying that out. Thanks for the suggestion, Yippee!
-Oh, and I see BUBBLES are a big NO-NO! Which *****, because I do love my nightly bubble-baths....guess I'll just make that a nice relaxing SALT BATH. Yum.

Thank you, EVERYONE, for sharing your stories! SO nice to know I am not alone on this nasty and weird condition with these damn bikini lumps!
I have read quite a few of these comments about a month ago.  The one that stuck in my mind was Yippi's.  I began getting these bumps at the beginning of this year. Soooooooo painful!  I finally bought Tend Skin last week as Yippi suggested.  The bump that I had for over a month was gone in three days!!!  It seemed to shrink overnight.  I just signed up  to theis forum today to say..............THANK YOU , THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't come back.  :)
Hi Everyone,
I used to get these horrible lumps and thought that my progress might help some of you.  I am 5'4" and I started getting these lumps regularly when I was gaining some weight and eating quite a bit of processed food.  They were super painful.  I did not think that they were related to my weight or food but when I cut out most lunch meat and fast foods (substituting in more vegetables and whole grains) they became less and less frequent.  For a while they would come back only when I had my period.  At this point I have realized that I may have celiac disease so I have also cut out wheat (gluten). There was one week after they had gone away that I stopped exercising as much and ate more high fat salty food.  The next week I had a small one.  I've lost some of the weight but I think that their disappearance may have more to do with the exercise and drastic decrease in preservatives.  I noticed the biggest difference when I initially stopped eating dunkin donuts bagels and started eating more freshly made ones.  I also cut out lunch meat sandwiches made with processed meat and cheeses.  My doctor had originally told me that they were caused by ingrown hairs but I just don't believe it because when I stopped shaving my inner thighs I realized that I just don't really grow hairs there.  When I talked to my gyno he said that it is very unusual for cysts like these to go away so I don't know if I have just been lucky but I hope this works for others.  The change was not quick but I am so much healthier as well that I think it would be worth trying.
I was wondering what kind of "bumps" you had Yippy? Because I have two and they are large, one is the size of a quarter and  the other is in an oval shape and is like a dime...
This all sounds very encouraging actually, I just found a bump on my bikini line today, it's hard and red and clear liquid comes out when I press on it and hurts when I press on it. I had thyroid cancer two years ago so I went into a panic mode when I found it thinking it was a tumor. But it sounds like it will go away with time and it's not dangerous thank god :)
I am also a sufferer of Hidradenitis suppurativa, i am 33 years old i have had my many shares with this painful and very depressing disease.....i had everything removed from both underarms as when i first had this condition it was only my underarms that were affected however since i had trhe op 15 years ago this disease has found other ways to get round my body.....i have undergone operations to cut and drain many abcesses from my breast, rectum, back and vagina,even my shins the tops of my legs, bikini line etc...i woke this morning to find yet another one that is measuring 10cm curcumfrence in diameter on the top of my leg inside thigh. I have atteneded the gp and have been told to take the antibiotics for 24hors and if it does not start to subside i am looking at another operation for cut and drainage this means i end up months being packed again!!! i only just finished having my last one packed it was so deep it took 4 months to heal.... i think that us sufferers need to take a stand and tell the medical's that more reasearch needs to go into this condition. without any haste they are quick enough researching other medical diseases i think they should make this priority too its not ony the scarring that we are left with it is the physical and mental scaring that is left behind.
Ive been reading these and i think Ive gotten more info from u guys then the multiple docs that i have gone to. this is long but good advise tho Ive been told i have mersa, advanced form of staff that is resistant to antibiotics, a super bacteria in my blood Ive taken antibiotics for 3 months straight and yes that did help for the ones i had but they kept coming back and if ur a women u know what happens when u take more than 5 days of strong antibiotics yeast infection they tell u to eat yogurt everyday and that gets old after the 1st month so u can get acidophiles pills in the vitamin section of everywhere and it helps promise  so i was told i can have 1 of 2 surgery's i could either have my sweat glands cut out or have them sucked out well 2 things about that if i cant sweat to cool off just imagine how hot those areas would be talk bout fire crotch lol new meaning of a hot *** haha and just the heat that would be down there prob unbareable lol plus why wouldn't they start showing up in other places that sweat more now cuz the other area cant ugh im 24 and been dealing w this crap for 5 yrs now its awe full and embarrassing they are so painful and i have horrible scars and holes all on my inner thighs groin area butt crack and cheeks but my worst scar is under my left arm its about 2 in wide 4-5 in long and at least a quarter in deep and my other arm pit has had a deep cyst that has been there for 3 yrs that one still has never gone away no matter what antibiotics Ive taken for courses of months and is actually sitting on a nerve that makes part of my arm numb and has gotten to the size of a tennis ball i couldn't even put my arm down but it has finally opened to a hole now and has been leaking for ~3 weeks ugh  and when i squeezed on it it was like bloody puss thick sticky  jello coming out its such an inconvenience to have to wear black jogging pants every where i go bc jeans just irritate it but  things that i have found to work for me is sun light and beach water:), bleach the shower every time b4 and after u get in and make sure u get straight Clorox cuz its the only bleach that's antibacterial and kills 99.9% of germs and thats the same thing u should wash all ur clothes towels bedding in as well, use a new towel every time, use anti bacterial soap DO NOT  press squeeze or pop them bc this causes the infection to go deeper and make things worse later on they will open on there own and yes cover them up while wearing clothes if it hurts to bad, hole is to big or is leaking to much but at night take everything off of it and let the air hit it u can clean the open wounds w a saline cleanser wash that u can get at the drug store cuz soap and water hitting it hurts sooo bad but the saline actually feels refreshing and when u get them lanced open yes it hurts and the gauze packing hurts going in and being in for those 3-5 days but it doesn't hurt at all when it gets taken out but if the pain is to unbearable and u cant afford to get it lanced i have taken a needle put flame to the tip and found a spot that was soft and poked it not stab or jab but didn't squeeze on it i would take my pointer and middle finger on both hands and surround the area but not to close then press down gently and squeeze slightly and pull up if the hole isn't that big or barely nething comes out don't worry cuz u can then soak in a bath of hot water w Epson salt and a couple aspirin and that will draw out the infection, also carry antibacterial wipes w u where ever u go so every time u sweat u can wipe all the areas that get this problem but make sure to dry completely b4 putting ur clothes back on best case is to have an extra pair of clothes wherever u go breathable stuff so when ur done sweating u can wipe off and change to fresh clothes,  never wear the same clothes for more than a day i.e. pj's or when u stay at a friends house make sure u always have a change of clothes and when u change wipe down w a wipe and yes jeans don't get dirty when u do nothing all day but u gotta wash em b4 u wear them again even if u only had them on for ah hr but a cure would be so great cuz this is just toooo much all of that just to try and prevent them from forming ugh hope sum of that can help u guys like y'all did me thanks
I have had a swollen lump when was 13 it  was replaced by severe pain. Then accompanied by a slight lymping which had gotten worsen at point where i was unable to walk. And now, since the past six years i have had a total hip replacement.
I've got this problem since 25,,now Im 32,,,
normally it comes and goes or popped like pimples by myself,,during the shower or by accident. Always got on the area center of bikini lines.
I've visited doctors(dermatologist & obygyn) 3 times,,cause it was so painful and hard to get rid of it by myself due to the size.
I had to go to doctor a very first time when I had it, when I was 25.
She was my obygyn, and made small cut and drained it, got gauze with bandied. heal well with small scar..like 0.3cm.
Ever since,,got once in awhile.size like small pimples,,sometimes pops itself, and I squeezed it out, til I saw blood and put some antibiotic ointment for it. Usually it's just go away itself.

Second visit I had to go dermatologist, was like dime size..it didn't go away,,gotten more painful, so I made an appointment to see doc.
Dermatologist said its not ready to squeeze it out, so I had to wait another week, and do the warm half bath (basically sitting in the warm water for 30 min morning & night) as the doctor suggested to do it.
Following week I got drained it out,,also left tiny scar,,
At the time assistant nurse told me,,it's usually happens a lot when you get waxed the area,,she said there is a reason for hair covered on area.
She recommended me the best way is DO NOT WAX THE AREA, ingrown hair or less immune system could be cause often. (I had it Brazilian wax for awhile at that time...) So I had to give up waxing,,she recommended just trimming short if I really want to keep it that way.  
At the end, doctor also recommended, if those seem to come, do the warm bath routine, and stress makes always worse, and not wearing skinny pants to long...sigh *  

So, I was keeping all the habit, (No wax just trimming, warm bath whenever I have it, not sitting to long with my skinny jeans..work out getting reduce the stresses) all helped me like 3 years,, I had small ones comes & just gone. or popped quickly itself.  

Now, I have another one, it's been a 4 month to get swallow and down, swallow and down....and seems it won't go away like having some root.
I got it early Feb. while I was visiting my regular check for obygyn, actually she said people who have diabetes, are easy to get these problem... (also read from medical info website, as well as kidney problems) and I recently did my blood test, shows I dun have a diabetes, but have a chance to develop for a long term..! So maybe that;s why I got these boils(furuncles) once in awhile! :(

Anyway, I just booked an appointment with the dermatologist again.
(it's not comfortable to go see doctor for this issue,,but its the best way to getting rid of it, clean & quick..) but next week is memorial day,,summer start, I wanna wear my bikini comfortably...!
Hopefully I can squeezed out as tomorrow...!

PS. Im so glad I found this threads,,,
I also have a dime size bump under my skin I continue to get them ever blue moon they hurt so bad it normal when I don't shave and it does have a head my sex life suck I don't want my partner to think I have something I think its ingrown hairs please help how do I treat it I've even took a hot bath in baking soda hope that work any other suggestions will help please and thank you
Hi Ladies (and gents),

I wanted to write on here because I am shocked at the amount of people who suffer from this also, but in my personal life I have come across nobody who can relate.

I discovered these lumps first when I was about 19 years old that I could feel under the surface of my skin around my groin area. I think that at this stage they were unnoticeable to anybody else and I wasn't particularly conscious of that area with sexual partners. They would just feel like hard bumps under the surface of the skin but there was no discolouration at this stage.

Over the next few years they would only appear once every 5 months or so. It wasn't until last year when I was 22 that they because increasingly worse and I was horrified when they started oozing pus and blood! I have been with my partner for 4 years now so it wasn't something he made me feel ashamed of but it definitely made me loose my libido and left me lacking confidence in that area. Last summer they were so painful around my groin that I would be in agony walking and gave up wearing panties/knickers alltogether!

Last September I plucked up the courage to go and see a female doctor about this and suprise suprise she thought it was my glands so prescribed me some antibiotics which didn't help at all. After another successful visit I decided to resort to Dr Google and see if I could find out what it was online.
I started to read about Hidradenitis Suppurativa and realised that all of the symptoms hit home with my lumps. I was horrified by the stories of people having suffered with excruciating lumps for 30+ years and tales of painful surgery and depression!

Then I found some information from sufferers who believed that HS and the lumps had something to do with diet and they had got a lot of relief from cutting out WHEAT AND GLUTEN.

I decided to cut out WHEAT AND GLUTEN from my diet in October last year and I couldn't believe that after a few weeks, my lumps had gone down completely!!! Of course there is some scarring, but there were no lumps under my skin at all!

I am a firm believer now that the lumps are correlated to GLUTEN and have been Gluten free for 8 months now. This is definately not a cure and I would add that during Christmas and just last week I slipped up by eating something with gluten in (meatballs! the breadcrumbs) and alas I was plagued with the lumps again. This just means you need to be extra careful as I think the longer I go without Gluten, the more succeptable I am to a flare up if my diet does falter.

Lastly, I would like to ask you women and men to PLEASE PLEASE try cutting out WHEAT and GLUTEN from your diet.. It really works!! A miracle!! It's not as hard as you think these days.

Would love to hear your feedback.

Louise.
I am 27 and been having these lumps for bout 4 yrs The last 1 i had put me in HOSPITAL for 5 days. I am not overweight and very hygenic, I dont get them on my bikini line but any where on my THIGHS, CALF, and had one on my ARM.my first few where size of 50c piece others bout a 5-10c piece. I have probably had 20-30 all up, about 8 that have scarred and others come up still very painful for few days then go away leaving only a slight reddish mark, not noticeable. The actual lumps last any where from few days to few weeks, the bigger ones end up bleeding and weeping after a couple weeks as the pressure under them is so bad.They have left awful scars that look almost like a bruise and a slight indented into skin, they stay for ages and after 4 yrs although faded a little still very noticeable and look more like brown birth marks now. the smaller lumps dont bleed but just as painful and leave darker purple, brown scar. I have been to bout 15-20 different DOCTORS and SKIN SPECIALISTS and had ULTRASOUNDS, BLOOD TESTS, BIOPSYS every test u can think of trying to find answers but not one single answer, doctors look at me like they've never seen anything like it and after tests come back all clear they pretty say they cant help me. Earlier this year I started to feel one on my upper leg/ but cheek it got bigger and bigger and was the size of my hand within a week, i was put on strongest antiotics (again) but it got worse and worse until i had to go to hospital where i went into SURGERY that same day and had it drained and removed and packed with guaze and redressed twice a day for 5 days in hospital then nurse came to my house every day for 4 weeks until it fully heeled... the most PAIN i have ever felt in my entire life, more that child birth... I had a biopsy recently on other small lump and 5 stitches which ended up getting infected so another horrible scar and results showed nothing!! I have learnt just to deal with them and not to touch them or play with them when they come up, i also put betadine on a cotton bud and line inside of my nostals, sounds strange but your nose is main carrier of infection and bacteria, it actually does help.
Is this an epidemic?  I am 47 years old, slender, very into body cleanliness (obsessed almost) and celibate for six years and this has begun happening to me within the last 3 months!  It started as a tiny pimple in the crevice of my thigh in the bikini area.  Next thing I knew it blew up like the size of a leech and it was hard and painful.

I though it came from in-grown hairs being trapped after shaving my nether-region.  I was considering going to my doctor but was embarassed because of the location.  Suddenly it popped and pus and blood came out.  I was mortified but felt such relief when it ruptured.  Then within days it appeared on the other side.  It's like the more I rid myself of one, another or 2 will come in it's place.  Thankfully it's always outside of the vagina, never inside.  Tried Boil Ease, Campo Phenique, a cream called Staphaseptic that is over the counter for staph infections, tried tea tree oil, clove oil, alcohol, peroxide, alcohol and lemon juice, none of which worked smh I'm afraid to pop them with a needle!  Anyway I was trying to google the symptoms and found this site while at work today and saw many of you mention yeast!  So I had an epiphany of one last thing to try and I went and brought some Monistat 3 for the most recent boil or whatever the hell these things are because the pain was unbearable and nothing else works but time and waiting for the Rupture!

Well I tried it a few minutes ago!  Now I don't know if it's just a coincidence that maybe this thing was ready to blow or not but I felt like a lot of tingling and almost burning and felt a little *****.  Looked down and this gook was gushing out!  I can't stand the site or the smell of it!!  Sorry to be so graphic but since we are all sharing, I feel it may make people realize maybe something's going on out there.  I never heard of this before until it started happening to me out of the blue!  I'll wait until the next one appears and try the monistat 3 again to see if it helps it pop much quicker before I attribute it to helping a little.  If it does, I'll let you guys know.  Until then, stay strong!  You are NOT alone :(
I am 14 years old, going on 15 in about a month. I got my first when white head on my bikini line when I was in the 4th or 5th grade. I was taking a bath and noticed it, I told my mother and she relieved it. I didn't think too much of it because I didn't really get them much after that. But since then, I have gotten so many. Being 14 years old with a bikini line full of purple/dark scars is somewhat embarrassing. I don't have much to worry about, but when it comes to summer, I am so cautious! I can't wear certain bathing suits & it *****! I recently started getting hard, red bumps on my underarms. I researched these and the photos look somewhat like they are related to my lymph nodes. They are the worse. I can't wear cute sleeveless shirts to school and when it comes to swimming they're even harder to cover. I have gotten a few of these things on my waist. I recently went to the Dermatologist & she told me some long, fancy name for the bumps under my armpits, but I can't even remember it. Unfortunately, There isn't anything I can do about them. I got a topical gel to put on my armpits and bikini line and I have to use fragrance free deodorant, shaving cream, & body wash. I can't even get perfume on my skin. I was told this because my sweat glands are getting irritated from bacteria. The fragrance only makes them worse. So all I can do is research and try to find some home remedies! It's so great to know that I'm not the only one with this problem ! (:  
Like everyone else here I've suffered from the same painful lumps under my skin.  Different doctors, dermatologists...on my most recent visit to the Dr. he finally said, "I'm so sorry, I don't know what this is."  I responded, "neither do I."  He said, "I am supposed to know, I am a doctor."  I was relieved by his honesty if nothing else.  About 8 months ago a dermatologist tested the infected area for staph and MRSA and it was negative.  The bacteria found was described to me as 'normal skin flora' or bacteria normally found on the skin.  Some doctors have called them boils.  The most recent Dr. mentioned above calls it a 'celulitis' which is a generic term for a skin infection caused by bacteria.

A year ago I moved to a tropical climate with consistently warm weather and high humidity and noticed a drastic increase in the frequency, number and severity.  I do believe in my case the friction caused by walking, heat, and wearing fabrics that don't 'breath' well (like polyester and microfiber...even jeans) can make the lump swell and become painful very quickly.

I shower twice a day with anti-bacterial soap (Cetaphil).  I've tried warm baths with 2-3 tablespoons of bleach, which was recommended by a dermatologist. Antibiotics oral (pills) and topical creams.  Warm compresses, cold compresses, Boil Ease (a drawing salve), a prescription cortisone cream, alcohol, peroxide...but nothing seems to help.

I do know trying to squeeze it or putting a pin in it to drain it (both of which I tried when I was younger) made it much worse. Inside the lump is a fluid filled 'sac' that can burst under your skin and infect surrounding tissue.  This can lead to a reddening of the surrounding skin, warm to the touch and a burning sensation which is very painful.  When I did try to 'drain'by puncturing them while living in a cooler climate, it seemed to help alleviate the pain and swelling but did leave scars.  I'm too afraid to try this now as I've had some really painful infections and had to be monitored every few days by a surgeon.  Luckily I've never had to have one surgically removed as I was told this would leave a much larger scar.

I've also researched Hidradenitis Suppurativa and don't think this is what I'm experiencing.  From the graphic photos which are not for the faint...this looks like a much more severe condition than what I'm experiencing.  I have experienced several lumps close together which resemble a furuncle or carbuncle, multiple boils in one area, but all too often my lumps don't drain the first time they appear.  They swell and resolve leaving a smaller bump under the skin then reappear a week or months later.  Eventually they seem to drain.  I mostly get them on my inner thighs, bikini area, buttocks, and occasionally my right breast (underneath and even on the sides).  I do have several scars which have discolored the skin leaving purplish spots where previous lumps were.  The larger infections have left larger areas of darkened skin with a scar where it drained.

Both my parents get them as well though my mom's seem to be less severe than my dads...from description only, I've never seen them. My dad lives in a tropical climate and my mom lives in the dryer cooler climate.

I will try the tumeric and swimming. I imagine swimming in a chlorinated pool would be similar to the 'bleach baths'...but anything is worth a try.

I'm sorry that so many young women here are experiencing the same problem.  I wish I had better advice to offer.  As for being embarrassed by your scars or lumps...I like to wear boyshort style swimming bottoms, that seems to help.  And men get this as well...  If your partner is a caring individual they will understand.  I would say in most cases this is not a sexually transmitted disease but if you are sexually active, get tested for STD's regularly as your condition may be caused by something else.  

They are painful and unsightly; burdensome and persistent.  But...we are obviously not alone.  Life goes on and with communities of people talking about it, maybe a better treatment will come to light.  
It's probably just bacteria under the skin caused from sweating and oil build up and your thighs rubbing together. It's basically the same as when you have acne on your face, back, etc. Because acne is also caused by oil and bacteria. But you tend to get it more in that area because you don't get much air there and your skin rubs together so it gives bacteria a chance to build up. I get them all the time. Especially since I'm overweight. I've been getting them a lot more since I've gained weight but I've had them all my life. I know they are really painful though. I usually just take the pain and squeeze them till the puss oozes out and then I stop when I don't see anymore. It usually feels a lot better afterwards but it does tend to swell a little more for a while because it irritates it. But if squeezing it doesn't help, I usually just take a sterile pin or sewing needle and poke it and then squeeze it. And after I apply an acne treatment and also wash it with an acne body wash that you can get from the drug store like clearasil. And that usually takes the swelling down and helps it to go away. Sometimes I even get just a red lump there with no puss. So I'll even apply the acne treatment or wash before or without squeezing it. It's also good to use it everyday to help prevent it. But it is true that swimming helps it too. Because the chlorine kills the bacteria. It always helps me in the summertime when I have acne anywhere on my body.
Oh, I should also add that it's a good Idea to apply powder or an antiperspirant deodorant because it helps prevent sweating and keeps it from recurring.
Hi Folks.
I have read almost every post, and my heart goes out to you, all.
I have the same problem....and there is no cure.
BUT...1 have found 1 method that has helped me to have some control over these nasty things.
PHISOHEX...need a script for it. It helps to keep the bacteria level down.
A hot cloth draws the infection to the surface.
**Once it has started to drain...**
Make a compress of Pure HONEY....yes, pure honey. leave it on for the night. It will draw out the infection. REPEAT until it is completely drained usually twice does the trick.
I have tried many treatments. Some of them more brutal then others, i might add.
3months of ant-biotics...over and over. Just created more issues for me health wise. (5-6 of these, at a time, and months of pain and suffering, for some of them. Very depressing!...it also effects your self-esteem.
I have suffered with this for 20 some odd years, and, i have been threw hell and back with this.
I finally have found a treatment that has helped me. So, give it a shot!
HUGS for everyone, and best of luck.
NEVER GIVE UP!
...PLZ DON'T SQUEEZE!
You should not try and break these.
This could cause "tracking"...when it burst UNDER the skin....this leads to the next folicle.
They become joined together under the skin....bigger, meaner, and more painful....long tubular shape...get the picture?
Just seen the post above in regard to smell. That is what turned me off the most. I was obsessed with this. "can everyone around me smell it"?
I withdrew from the real world.

So far, i have only seen posts of this on the outside of the vagina. It can start on the inside of the "mud flaps" as well. I have had a "tracker" turn the flap inside out.
That was the most painful. Hospitalized, Super anti-biotics, and, It took 2 months before i could sit down again.
Always wash your hands, don't scratch, or pick, squeeze.
HUGS.
NEVER GIVE UP!

Viewing 201-400 comments: