Sore, swollen lump on inner thigh by bikini line
A few days ago I noticed a sore, reddish swollen lump on my left inner thigh, right along my bikini line. It has since gotten larger (about the size of a nickel, and more elongated now).

It only feels sore if I press on it or rub against it. It seems like a soft lump that moves around with the skin. Last night I applied a warm washcloth to it for about 30 minutes, which made it feel better.

Could this be a swollen lymph node, or maybe an ingrown hair? It is located in the area where I shave daily.

Any advice would be very appreciated!
Wow. I'm 24 years old and have been getting these for about 10 years now. I was always super self conscious especially when they left such bad scars when I was younger (I have learned to NOT touch/squeeze them since). I was overweight when I was younger and got them on my upper inner thighs - somewhere noticeable in a swim suit. Luckily the scaring has gotten better with time and they aren't as noticeable. I currently have one now and came online to try and figure out what it could be. Mine range in severity but usually they aren't too bad. They get about the size of a dime at the most and usually just go away within a few weeks. I've been paranoid about this one though because i'm going in to get waxed "down there" in three weeks. I really want it gone and not tender for the waxing. I'm going to try the hot compress, thanks for the suggestions.

While i'll probably see a doctor about it soon I feel like surgery won't be an option for me. Over the past 10 years i've had them in so many different locations in my groin region that I doubt it'd help me at all. I am hopefully though that waxing regularly or maybe getting laser hair removal would help. Has anybody done this? I never noticed before, but I don't get them when i'm waxed. While i'm not as heavy as I was in my teens I still need to lose some weight and hope that a combination of these things will keep the buggers at bay. I'm so so happy i'm not a freak. Usually when I get these things i'm really self conscious and even go to great efforts to keep my fiance from touching me because I don't want him to freak out. Good luck to all suffering from this. I hope we all can find comfort and relief!
sounds like hidradenitis suppurativa
sounds like hidradenitis suppurativa
i have a swollen lump on my inner thigh bikini area. it wasnt that big but i asked my doctor about it and she said it was probably just from shaving. it went away a little bit buy now its getting bigger, its about the length of about two fingers.  its not that painful but im worried because im not sure what it is. its not a zit or anything, its under the skin. i hate the doctor looking there and dont really want to go back unless i absolutely have to.
i forgot to mention that its been there since december and i went to the doctor in january
2day the doctor cut me about a inch long. i had a abscess on my inner thigh close to my private area.i have to take the bandage off 2morro and am so nervous about what its gunna feel like. im wondering if it is gunna be stuck to my skin because of blood and puss. i just wish it was a week from now and am over this
i've got what sounds the same on both sides on my inner thighs but they go in to holes in the middle of the lumps and open up, they bleed and puss and i can't squeeze them because they are too painful
I'm 28 and have been getting these since college (about 8 years ago).  I get them in my armpits, right below my arm pits, and in the bend of my legs (close to my groin area).  They are INCREDIBLY PAINFUL and leave horrible scars.  I have been so self conscious of these and wish there was something we could do or someone would find some sort of cure.  Does anyone know exactly what they are or how they appear?  I have 4 now and it hurts to walk or to even sit down!
interesting, I have this SO incredibly bad right now too, one on my bikini line. I've had them before, but never one this bad. I'm considering going to the doctor on Monday if it doesn't seem any better. I just tried the hot compress and it didn't help anything at all. I am 30 years old, am not overweight, actually a little bit underweight for my height. So evidently it can be caused by many things? Anyone know why they happen like Camjessica asked above? It hurts so bad even to walk around right now and sit down, just like she said above too. So strange, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one this happens to. I really don't want to have any more minor surgeries, ugh I just had a big mole removed off of my leg and it was pretty painful as well. Sorry you all have to deal with this too, it ***** :((
I have the same problem but mine comes and goes.
I was at work today and it just like exploded while i was standing up.
There was a lot of blood and it still keeps on bleeding 5 hours later....
Did anyone have the problem of it bleeding so much?
I'm worried and did book an appointment with my doctor but he seems to be ignorant to this and didnt even offer surgery....
I really hope some of you managed to get rid of it permenantly.
Glad i'm not the only one suffering from this
When I was in middle school I got boils where my legs rubbed together. My mom took me to have my blood looked at and they found out I had too much yeast in my blood. I did a body cleanse and that really helped, I haven't had one for about four years. Recently I noticed I have one again. I would go to a vitamin store and ask someone who would be able to point you to the right place...

hope this helped =]]
Actual medical condition for this problem.  Swollen painful cysts in armpits, groin, in private areas.  HIDRADENTITIS.  Google it, I've been taking doxcycline for years now on a consistent basis as there is no cure.  This is normally a genetic disease passed in families so my doctor told me when I was diagnosed 20+ years ago.  Have found Mother, Grandmother, Brother (yes men get it too) all have disease.  So far there is no cure.
My wife's had these things for years and tried everything. The miracle cure turned out to be Bactroban cream. Just use a Q-tip to dab it in your nose, under your fingernails, and on the problem area twice a day for 5-7 days.

The results have been just amazing, improvement in the first 24 hours. I hope this helps someone else, I know how bad this problem can be.
Elliemay55 is right, it's called Hydradenitis Supprativa, it's a hereditary condition and there is no cure. My mom, sister and I all get them, and my 19 yr old daughter is starting to as well.  They suck, I'm a single woman and I have no sex life because I'm too ashamed to let anyone near my nether reigions due to the excessive scarring left by these awful cysts.  Any man who came near me would think I had some kind of STD and run screaming, so I just don't ever get naked in front of anyone.  I always have at least 3 on the go at one time, and the ones that do heal always return, in the same spots, and tunnel under the skin to come up in different spots.  I've tried everything, nothing works.  I was relieved to find out I wasn't a freak and others do get these, but I was so disheartened to find that there is no cure, and not even a workable treatment in my case.  Antibiotics, topical treatments, hot compresses, nothing works.  I'd love to try laser hair removal to see if that helps, but I could never afford it, not in a million years.  I do wax, but that doesn't help at all, in fact I think it might actually make them worse, or at the very least more visible to me and therefore more prone to me poking at them.  I know everyone says not to touch them, but sometimes the pressure gets so bad I can't even walk, because my legs rubbing together is too painful, so when they get that big I always poke them with a sterilized pin and gently squeeze out what I can, then douse them in peroxide.  

Wish I could do better than that, or that doctor's knew more about the condition so they could at least help, mine had never even heard of it, he thought they were just ingrown hairs, but there's never any hair inside them.  

those lumps are your Bartholemule glands swelling up. You can cause them to swell by having rough sex if your not carefull, or if you sit for too long. the reason why they may hurt is because they become an abses and you need to go to the doctors to get it treated. but most of the time they dont hurt and they go away after a while
Are they at the verry top of your leg?  
Hi guys. I dont know if this helps, but I have been having these same problem for years. I went to the doctor finally and they diagnosed me with Hidradenitis Suppuartiva. Some types are worse than others. It is from the sweat glands clogging. The sores can happen under the breasts, armpits, or pubic area. Trust me, I know how painful it is. Google this bacterial infection and it will give you some insight. There is not much that can be done about it, but I hope this helps out!! Dont let the pictures scare you..some is worse than others.
It is very true, this condition is called Hidradentis supporativa, I have been getting these annoying and embarraing bumps that come and go for years now, this is horrible, i feel just like all of you, Im glad to know Im not the only one. I was in a long term relationship and he knew i had this skin condition, but now I feel like no other guy will actually believe me, they might think its an STD I feel super sad about this sometimes, but i dont let it get the best of me, I think eveyone just has to find the best remedy that works for you being that there is no cure!!! I do believe when you are over weight it influences it more. Also it always seems to happens often when there is heat. So its good not to sleep being hot under thick covers at night, not wearing such tight clothes also helps, My derm gave me a Benzoyl peroxide soap and Epiduo cream, the scars suck!! Would guys undersand this?? Man i sware i cant believe sciene has not come up with a cure to something so ugly and painful for women specific. Its not very comon they "say" and before a derm diagnosed me i had to see like 3 different ones for years till recently. I guess we are all in one boat, O have tried Clindymacin gel so far its worked best, epiduo is really for the scaring. The soap works good too. Well I hope to get feed back from you all.  I feel a little better to know that Im not the only one struggling with this life term condition..  I cant even believe it, and worse is my mom think I picked this up sleepin over peoples house when I was young. I hope that with Faith in God and loosing more weight and shaving this will come much less freuquently.
OMG!! I'm so glad to find those who share my pain.
My cyst/boils are either coming or going....never gone.

Surgery?  Doesn't cure. Had it...cried for days, couldn't walk for weeks. Sneaky bastards (oopps, sorry), came back on the  OTHER SIDE!
Site Injections? Had it....would rather die, than get that again. The needle was 7 inches long...at least from my angle.

What has worked for me, with moderate to great success is>> Turmeric (internal and external).  Pure, without additives or other ingredients. Since it is a natural anti-inflammatory, it reduce my pain SIGNIFICANTLY in hours. I'm taking 2 capsules an hour and applied a paste (opened same capsules, mixed with distilled water and emu oil). Be careful, as it is very messy and stains...just like mustard. Covered, crawled into bed and waited for a miracle.
I felt relief...but I didn't keep it up, as I think you have to take Turmeric daily....but it may cause constipation (like I need one more thing that ain't workin' down there!...LOL).

Today is not a good day, as I can barely walk. My thighs rub together when I walk or sit, which takes the pain to a "whole 'nother level". So when I sit, I favor the other butt cheek...now I feel a cyst/boil coming upon it. My BF thought I was avoiding him...until I broke down and showed him. He's sympathetic...but for how long?
It is doubtful that it's Hidradentis.
It's prolly more foliculitis, furuncle.
Backteria getting trapped under the skin, or ingrown hairs getting bacteria in them. If you poke at them enough strings of thickish pus come out huh?
Yea.. they hurt rrreeeal bad.
STAPH infection is what you should get tested for. Because that could be maybe what is causing it, or at least making it worse.
TBH poor hygeine is prolly the number 1 cause... Not to offend any of you.
Also tight clothing, & sweating down here a lot.
I suggest washing daily with soap all up in yer bidness, apply baby powder to all your nooks n cranny's *cept the inside of your vagina, not between the flaps or anything* Along your buttocka, armpits. baby powder will help. And don't wear such tight clothing if you do
After reading all your stories I felt a deep connection with all of you - I know my story is long, but I needed to share.  I 've had "thunder thighs" for 25 years, never a abcess.  This past week Thursday) I noticed a bump (under the sikn) inner upper right thigh, didn't hurt all, it was about the size of an M&M peanut.  That next week (Thursday) it was sore to touch and when I saw it, it was the size of a half dollar coin (very shinny, very sore).  I had to walk with my legs wide open - luckly I managed the pain for two days before going to the doctor.  He poked at it, I wanted to bite his F&%#$*! head off - he asked me "scale of  1-10, 10 being the greatest pain," I said 10 to 100,000,000th  power!  He diagnoised IT "Celuitis"... He sent me home with two antibiotics.  That Saturday morning I had looked at IT and IT was doubled in size and had two pimples (ready to burst). My husband said "enough, you're going to the doctor and he needs to drain IT!" The thought made me cry - in ER, the nurse brought the doctor this 7" to 8" needle and he was to suppose to numb the area around the "abcess" (YEAH RIGHT!)  I felt every cut & it seemed as if he was amputating my thigh!!!! Squeezing and irrigating the area, the bed linen & grown were soaked in blood and puss!!!....I was in the ER crying like a baby...I received morphine & antibiotic by injection & vicodine by mouth.  Doctor said, "body-parts that don't receive proper daily ventalation give rise to enormous sweat; sweat cloggs pores, bacteria set in the pores until IT looks for a way out the skin and usually IT is found in the areas where there is less air and a whole lot of moisture.  Dry yourself off real good and give your body enough time to air-dry before putting on your clothes."   Well I'm happy to say, I'm totally healed, back to walking normal again... I'll take labor contractions any day!!!!!!
hi, i dont know if i have the same thing everyone is talking about? i just found it when i went to the bathroom. there was a lump on my inner thigh on my bikini line and it looked kindof like a large pimple i put barely any pressure on it and it burst blood and the same stuff came out of it like when you squeeze a pimple, this is the first time i found anything like this i dont know what it is? im a little worried and it hurts any ideas of what it is?
thank you :)
I've suffered from these boils/cysts/abcesses since i was about 12 and i'm 18 now. Last week i got one that was really painful on the inner side of my right thigh, i knew it was going to burst so i put a dressing on it and got about with my day. It took 4 days to finally go and i thought nothing could ever feel that bad, but then today came along. I've been feeling something coming for a day or so on the left side now and i did the same, put a dressing over it so it didn't rub on my jeans while i was walking around college all day. About half an hour ago it burst as i was walking up the stairs, soaked right through the dressing, through my jeans and then bled for about twenty minutes in a constant stream of dark blood. This is the worst one i've had to date and i was so upset and in so much agony that i came online to research it and i found this thread. I've been to the doctors for years ever since i got these when i was younger, i am overweight and my jeans do rub between my thighs which makes walking an absolute no-no... So anyway, i kept goign back to the doc's and explaining my symptoms but not one of my doctors wanted to take a look and actually see for themselves the extent of the condition, they fobbed me off with antibiotics or creams, none of which have ever worked. It was only when i was going for some STI testing done (i have heavy periods and the doc's wanted to check out every possibility) that the doctor finally noticed how severe my inner thighs were. My thighs are covered in dark purple scars the size of 20p pieces and are really swollen all the time and the boils always look like little mountain peaks or craters on the moon... My doctor then sent me to a dermatologist who didnt ask to see my thighs and put me on doxcycline which so far have done no good whatsoever... I've spent the last hour crying on the phone to my boyfriend who just reassured me that he knows about my condition and that he loves me for who i am and that he isn't repulsed by the scars and ugliness of my inner thighs. I know a lot of people are worried about what men think but to be honest, if a man is worthy enough for you to decide you want to be with him sexually then he should already love you for who you are and the idea of actually getting to be with you sexually will be far higher on the scale of important things in their heads than some scarring. I've been with my boyfriend two years and at first he just didn't say anything, then he gently brought it up and i told him the honest truth. If anything, all he feels is sympathy for me, but i'm still somewhat self concious every single time he comes near me. But no man will run at the sight of your scars, i don't believe they will anyway. I've hidden this problem for years and only my parents, partners and close friends know. i feel ashamed and like noone is ever taking me seriously when i tell them how much it hurts. I'm so glad i've found this tonight because it's made me realise other people know exactly what i mean and understand how poainful and frustrating this condition is... :)  

Sorry, reading back that is an uber long piece.....

Jessica xxx
i have never had one of theese things before and am wondering about it because i started to notice it the other day it cant be an ingrown hair i know what those feel like but it is deffenetly starting to get larger feels like it is almost attched to bown or something actually kind of scary espcially knowing that no one iin my fammily has ever had anything like this before so it cant be genetic it just has me very worried and i dont want to worry my husband about it
i felt such a relief knowing that other women were going through this. i thought it was because i was dirty, or had an std. but i shower @ least 2 times a day and none of my partners every showed syptoms. nevertheless i was a chubber chaser in my younger years and they were worse then, i often get them on my vagina and or around my bum. from what i've read i think it could be a yeast inbalance, even though i rarely eat yeasty products.
either way like i said it's nice to know other people are freaking out about it aswell!
Hey everyone! I'm 21 and have been getting these for a couple years now. I don't know what to suggest except that one poster had mentioned that an excessive amount of yeast in your diet/blood could be the cause. I have another skin thing on my arms (it looks like a rash but they're very small bumps that aren't itchy or anything, just wierd looking) and I've noticed when I cut back on yeast-ey foods (bread, beer, etc) that the problem on my arms AND the things on my legs go away. I really think that may be a huge cause of it as I am a believer in natural cures for these sorts of things.
I just want to say that I don't think weight is really a factor since I'm a bit overweight and I get them, and a good friend of mine who's normal to underwieght also gets them.
ANNDD! Ladies! Don't be so self-concious about it! I found out that my fiance gets the SAME EXACT THING on his thighs and was always self concious about it until we discovered that we both get them and its nothing gross, simply your body cleaning itself. I don't think it looks like an STD since it doesn't cause any sort of funny smell/discharge, its just a little red like other little red bumps you may get on your body. Any smart man knows that the NOSE KNOWS, and therefore should know that this ISNT an std.
I've had these for many years too, I'm 33 now. They are definitely not ingrown hairs, as I can feel them shaping up like glands under my skin and they always come up in the same spots, right on the bikini line. Some of them come up right near the anus and they're the most painful. I think there are about 4 spots on each side and last week I got about 6 swollen on both sides, right before my period.
I've been given antibiotics in the past but they don't work. The best I could do was to apply some ccc on them to make them burst, but they always come back. What surprised me was that while I was pregnant, I've had none. Maybe it had to do with my diet, as I would eat only organic, healthy prservative free food.
My only hope was to have these glands removed completely but I don't know if this is an option. I keep postponing going to see a doctor again because I know they'll have no idea what this is, they'll mention the ingrown hair and give me antibiotics and I don't know where to find a doctor that knows about this condition. But having just read about Hidradentitis, I'll do some research and maybe also try the Bactroban cream, the Clindymacin and the Turmeric. This is a nasty, painful condition, to say the least and it's very frustrating to knwo you can't do much about it... Good luck to all of you, and whoever finds the cure, please come back and let us know :)
Hey Im 20 and i've been getting these little black pimple looking bumps that turn to sores filled with blood and a clear liquid on my inner thigh, Poping them sometimes makes them go away, but some times they just drain a bit and then get bigger in the next few days, i am a bit overweight and have a lot of yeast in my blood as the doctor told me, and these things appear to present themselves after long walks where my thighs rub together a lot, i am currently not sexually active so i dont think its any STDs, I saw somewhere here that someone else with high volume of yeast in their blood also got them from their thighs rubbing together so i hope that is it and it goes away when im done with the treatment... also i hope its not those contagious ones since i only use my own underwear and my brother does not have this, Also sometimes they are painful when i walk but only if i poped them.
It could just be severe acne. Nodules/Cysts in the groin area caused by sweating. They can lasts days, weeks, or months at a time, scar, and bleed if broken or leak pus. As far as I know, only a couple people in my family even have it and it just doesn't fit what have read about Hydradenitis Supprativa.
This might seem odd, but I have a recurring one on my right inner thigh, and I've noticed with just about 100% correspondence that if I go swimming for a few hours in a chlorinated pool for a day or more, they clear up almost immediately.

I'm not sure if its the chlorine working against the bacteria, the cool soothing water, or even the "drying out" of my skin from the chlorinated water afterward... but I've seen such an improvement after swimming that I usually head to the pool as soon as I get that first twang of pain. I was wondering if anyone else can confirm improvement via this approach.
I have had two of these bumps. I started to wax 'down there' and then about 6months in I got an awful sore red lump on my nicker line. I was in agony. I ignored it as much as I could mainly due to it worrying me. That was a bad move though. Within two day it had turned into the size of a ping pong ball. It was so bad. It then turned black. I freaked out. I was literally just about to walk to the doctors to seek help with I felt this wet stuff oozing out of it. The ball had popped. It was so gross. But when I got to the doctor they said it was kind of good really as it would be less painful for me to drain it. It was painful though. The doctor had so much fun at my expense squeezing the puss out. She squeezed until she drew blood. Cleaned up then told me to sqeeze it daily for another week.

Not much fun.

I got another one a few months ago...that went. But then the other day I have one more. Painful again. I have researched 'Hydradenitis Supprativa' and my symptoms match.

I dont think I will wax anymore as it does seem to be lined with waxing. Anyone else found that?

It just is a bit rubbish there is no cure for it.

I get a recurring one as well in the groin area-- same thing: can't walk, can't get rid of it, horrendous. 2 days ago, I noticed that it was coming back so I ran right to the dermatologist and they gave me an injection of kera-something (steroid.) And It Worked! It's gone down this morning and most of the pain and inflammation is totally gone. Thought my experience might help someone else, good luck to everyone.
I am a man and this came up when I googled this problem. I get the same thing ,mostly on the inside of one thigh where it rubs against my other, as I am overweight. I thought that I would share that I have found that changing my underwear style to boxer briefs (they look like cycling shorts) have significantly reduced this problem, as my thighs are not stuck together all day, and the material helps keeps it drier there.
hi i am 25 and i have had this problem for a few yrs now also. every since i got pregnant with my daughter i have had this problem and i have had at least 17 in the last 5 years (which is ridiculous) and mine is always in the same spot every time! i spoke to my friends mother who is a practitioner and my obgyn and another dr and they said you can get the gland removed but it has to b inflamed so the can take the whole gland out. every time i plan on doing so it rupture right before i have my appt.  and it seems like i get it on a friday when the offices are closed every time! i hope to  get the gland removed so and hope to never have this problem again. since i have had this problem so many times the pain is bareable sad to say but God bless to all of u. o and i will try the whole swimming thing thanks
***** Guys If you are not using Minral water then switch toMinral Water and use the same for all your food preparation too ********

You will see the difference

******** I have Experienced the same, since the day I got RO Filter Installed at my home, I got rid of black spots under my Inner Thighs, not only me my wife also stoped getting these black spots without any Medication ***********

Pankaj
I have searched high and low for other people going through the same thing as me, I am now 25 and I have been having these boils/cysts/abscess since I was about 14.  I am of average weight, i typically get them on my inner thighs the start and small m & m size and are hard, they can get as big as quarters. After a few days i can squeeze them slightly and hey will ooze dark blood and a clear looking puss. After they heal they leave those ugly darker purple scars, and they always come back.... I have tried all kinds of ointments and creams, my sister had the same problem and actually had a surgery to fix her problem,  her doctor told her she had to many glands in the lips of her vagina they went in and removed the glands that produce your personal lubricant and so far so good no more painful boils/cysts or sores.  It is so nice to see other people have this problem. Im thinking of having the surgery myself a few weeks of pain or the rest of my life without them is a good trade off.  
It's such a relief to find this website! Ladies I feel your pain, litterally!!

I've been getting these thing too right after I hit puberty which was about 12 years old. I was always embarassed but was always told by doctors it's from sweating and clogged pores to try baby powder, which doesn't work. I've also tried boil ease which helps but it's not instant pain. Then i was talking to a girlfriend at work who just so happened to bring in a thermocare heat wrap (for your lower back) she asked why I was walking funny so I spilled the beans and told her what I've been dealing with for years...she get's them too. I wrapped the Thermo Care wrap around my leg ( I get them right ON my underwear line ) I'm not kidding you it took about 5 minutes and I was walking normal then pain was gone and I could actually sit in my chair not wiggling around trying to find a "comfortable" spot. It's helped but they can get expensive there about $5.46 for a package of 2.

The heat from it takes down the swelling and pain and eventually goes away but there's really nothing that can be done about this. I've dreaded this "disease" for years. My b/f is totally supportive I've showed him point blank and he's not discusted. I also get them under my boobs and my armpits. Most are really deep under the skin and kill but once they pop it's a relief for a day or so then it starts to heal and scab over and that kills even worse at times I wish it would just go away!
Yeah but mine seems to come back like once a month or every two.. Smh it hurts and I model so going to my photoshoots make it really uncomfortable.. Is there anyway beside surgery to make them stop ? :( it makes makes me not even wanna shave..  
agreed that it makes you not want to shave, although someone said waxing could actually help.. but then I read it doesn't from some people. Any general consensus on this? To shave or not to shave.. to wax or not to wax.. ? It's horrible, and thank god I haven't had one since that last horrendous episode. :( Sorry to all that deal with this, it is HORRIBLE and there has to be an answer. It's so painful and uncomfortable, not to mention embarrassing.
I've been using A & D ointment it stops the sweat and wetness from the infected area (that's what it is). I've also been taking baths because I get it at least somewhere on my body a week...I've gotten them in my armpits under my boobs and around my bikini area...It ***** soo bad I even called my DR to see what's going on he said nothing hereditary-genetic...that's it didn't even offer me anything just told me the heat was good for it...Baths-tanning-heating pads...Just make sure that you shower once or twice a day!!

I hope this helped...
I have a big bump between my bikini line! Its kinda hard nd its ingrowning! On top of it is a small bump that's on the outside! WHAT COULD THIS BE!?
There little cysts that are under the skin known as "Hydradenitis Supprativa"....I get them as well! You're going to want to put heat on it. Heating pad-Thermo care wraps-heated bottle, hot bath, hot tub...the heat will take away the pain and pressure but it won't make it go away. You can always go to your DR and get it drained but let me tell you it friggin kills!!!
if the cause of these bumps are yeast than antibiotics will NOT be the answer.........antibiotics will increase the amount lead to further candida yeast overgrowth.........i am sure that most of you that went to the doctor and got antibiotics were probably prescribed a placebo just to make you feel better..........from what i was reading it sounds like a lot of you just have growth of bacteria on the thigh the cause could be poor hygiene, or being overweight and having lots of sweat in the inner thigh region.....what i would suggest is use alcohol swabs after taking a shower daily and they should go away try not to wear tight boyshorts or boxerbriefs
16 year old. I think I have been getting what is bein described here for many years, I read stuff about STI/STDs but I'm a virgin in all ways.  I done some research of this disease and it sounds right, but before I found this website I also thought that I may have had Fox-Fordyce Disease. Both these disease are not curable and supposedly hereditery but I have never nopr will I probably ever mention it to my parents.  I have a lesion right now that has been there for a few month and just keeps opening up again and again, right now it has swollen up again and is draining after i stuck a sterlized pin in it.  Does anyone know whether or not this can be transfered between areas of the body by touching?  And does anyone know if there are any true natural remedies that exists and the Doctors or FDA just don't approve because they can't make money off of? if there is please post it.  Its hard to move sometimes and i also have little bumps on my minor lavia but they don't hurt and I know they are not an STI/STD please help and I Hope we all get better soon
soo glad to see someone else is out there! been having this problem for a few years myself.. i think overweight can make it worse, as it was worse when i was 'biggest'.. i dont get them any more (rarely) but the scars are terrible :(( i wish there was SOMETHING that could be done..
im a male and have continuously dealt with this issue since about my senior year of high school... i do have cystic acne but my derm said that couldnt be the cause... i am taking sulfa right now... and i thought it was helping until now.... i dont really know what else to do...
Try acne medicated pads, Noxema, Stridex, Wal-Mart Equate brand, etc...with 2% Sililic Acid...it completly fixed my problem!!  Used one pad in the AM and one before bed and after a couple weeks the existing cysts were gone and there haven't been any new ones pop up in months.  The Sililic Acid liquid smells good and seems to have put my skin back to the PH balance it used to be before these miserable SOBs popped up. My PCP said to keep the area dry w/ baby powder, Derm agreed...well Docs that idea didn't work.  I saw this suggestion of the medicated pads on a thread here and it worked!!!  Now I need to figure out how to get rid of the dark skin left behind. Any suggestions?
I've been getting the same thing for about a year, and I'm nineteen now. I only weigh 112 pounds so it's certainly not a weight issue. I haven't been to a doctor about it, but I've found the best way to get them to clear up quickly is to not touch them AT ALL, put antibiotic ointment on them regularly (every 3-4 hours) with a Q-tip (not with your hands, as you could end up transferring more bacteria), and if possible, try sleeping in the nude or not wearing underwear if lounging at home. I think what makes them worse is the pressure of underwear rubbing after they develop and if the average person sleeps 8 hours a night, that's a whole 8 hours that the area can be ventilated and able to heal with very little rubbing or movement. I can usually get mine to heal in about four days and they've never left scars. Regardless, these are a ***** to deal with and are usually pretty excruciating. I'm glad that other people get these too though, because I was getting really frustrated trying to search for what this could be and coming up with results for STDs. Which I know I don't have.
I'll just throw my hat in the ring, too, since I've also had to deal with these off and on for (what feels like) EVER.
I got the biggest, most painful one I've ever had pop up yesterday morning... it flared up over night, on my left side, right on my underwear line. By the end of my work day yesterday, it hurt to stand up, hurt to sit, couldn't cross my legs, my underwear were irritating it... I went home and put heat on it, and it brought up a head. I couldn't just let it sit there; it hurt WAY too bad. I was practically crying when I had to stand up (standing made it hurt more).
So I sterilized a safety pin and pushed it into the head. It didn't hurt, and it started slowly leaking white pus. I didn't squeeze it, just pushed gently around the edges until it oozed clear liquid, but I could tell it wasn't done.
I left it alone overnight, just put a little hydrogen peroxide on it with a q-tip before bed. This morning it was bigger and very painful, and had a big white head. I did the pin thing again, and it kept oozing a little bit of white at a time, so I kept poking/sterlizing/poking, and suddenly it was like... I'd removed the dam. White pus started literally pouring out and running down my leg. It was GROSS.
I poked it a few more times, pushed around the edges, etc. until it was just bleeding, then washed it with antibacterial soap and put more hydrogen peroxide on it.
After about 10 minutes it was totally bearable. It doesn't hurt to wear undies, I'm sitting and standing (almost) normally, and I don't have to take ibuprofen for the pain like yesterday. The swelling's gone down dramatically, and I think it'll heal nicely now.
OMG!! Its such a relief to know i aint the only one that suffers from these. Up til now its felt like i've been the only one to scared to ask anyone for help as to scared to what they may say. I hide it from my partner coz it makes me feel so unattractive and dirty.
I dont get them very rarely but when i do it comes with pure revenge, but when i do and they burst it leaves a open hole for a little while which is quite scary, and takes forever to heal coz its always bang on my knicker line. (cant exactly go round wearing no knickers at work or out and about) Any tips would be great?
Wow, I cant believe how many updates I recieve on this post, I never knew so many ppl had this problem, as you know it is embarrassing and no one really talks about it. What I want to know is how should I respond or handle new intercourse relationship, like what do i say if they ask me what it is, I really dont have it that severe after I have been dieting but the purple scars stay there, and when you have intersourse your skin rubbs against the other person so if they ask you they are in all the right, its a valid question,. SO I dont mean what do u say to ur Boyfriend cus he will understand the cause, but what to do when you meet a new person and you dont have confidence, No one has ever asked me except my ex for 5 yrs but he knew, now I havent been with anyone is a while and Im so nervous and embarraseed if they ask me what are those purple marks, cus Im white but in those parts you can see a lil purple spot :((  Help I would love to hear feedback from guys and girls  :(((
Tuesday I found the first one ever, hoped it would just go away, but by Friday was in terrible pain. I went to my doctor who lanced it and packed the abscess.  She told me that it is important that it heal from the inside out.  The hole will remain under your skin if you let it heal over the top and this is a perfect environment for more bacteria . Apparently they are all different, but deep holes should be packed.  I don't know about mine, but my sister confided that she had one a few years ago and it was "three fingers" deep. Yikes! She had surgery and it never came back.
I also suffer from these. I know that it is not hidradentitis, and I know I don't need surgery for it. They hurt, they're huge, they're embarassing, they scar, the best advice was given by , though. It can be a huge hygiene issue, and also can be blocked sweat pores which unfortunately means a lot of heavier people suffer more than thinner.
*** TERRASIL *** THIS IS A TUBE OF SILVER AND OXYGEN SKIN CREAM USED BY MANY WHO HAVE HIDRADENITIS SUPPURATIVA....GO TO http://www.aidanceproducts.com/products.html?REF=GOA

I JUST ORDERED THE REGULAR LAST WEEK IT SHIPPED TO MY HOUSE WITH IN 2 DAYS AND AS SOON AS I GOT IT I STARTED USING IT...IT WORKS WITH PAIN AND ALSO SHRINKS YOUR CYSTS..I HAD ONE THE SIZE OF A DIME IN MY ARMPIT AND 2 DAYS LATER IT'S THE SIZE OF A PENCIL ERASER...WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN 2 DAYS!!!
I'm 15 and I just discovered a lump like everyone here is talking about. It's right along my bikini line on the right side. It hurts really bad and even more when my panties rub it. Does anyone have any advice that I can try to make it go away here at home? I will go to the doctor if I have to but if there is something I can do at home, I would much rather do that. Please please email me at ***@****
I have a reddish bump between my vagina and bikini line. It is sore but also itches a little. I've also been having some itching "down there". This has lasted about a week. The soreness of the bump almost feels like a paper cut sting but there's no open wound that I can find. What could this be? I'm getting kind of freaked out by it.  
Hey.. I've had about everything that everyone here is saying... and i just turned 13 in June. I've had these since i was like... 8-9 and they haven't gone away since! They're so annoying and especially since i'm in middle school i also don't want to have the ithcing down in that area either. I need help, and lots of it! I have these bumps, (not really all that swollen), but some used to be bigger than a dime. i also have some small ones that are like, pimples, but i never touched them! I need HELP! I want to at least see these bumps go away somehow before i start school as an 8th grader. Plus, i also have these like *goose bumps* on my arms? Suggestions?
I have also been suffering from this terrible condition since I was probably about twelve. It started out as small shiny red bumps that would come up one at a time, every so often, usually on my inner thigh directly on my bikini line. They were very painful because my underwear line would pull on the boils, and often I'd get back from school to find a bloody pus coming from it (sorry, as you know they're gross). I'm now 23 years old and in college, still getting these boils/cysts at an even greater rate. It comes and goes in spurts...I will go a couple weeks without getting one every once in a while, then will get anywhere between one and four of these horrible things all at once. They are usually an inch or so down where my thighs rub togehter and sometimes swell up underneath the skin like cysts or golf balls. I've tried several anitbiotics, but never really see any results and it's unhealthy to be on longterm antibiotics anyways. Creams haven't worked for me, they do not really stay on at night, and get all over my sheets. There has to be a cure out there somewhere. I'm thinking of switching dermatologists because mine has been of no help, I think he's baffled by it. I'm at least comforted that there are other people suffering from this, because I feel like a purplescarred weirdo, people think it's a weird STD or something but it's not. Best of luck to you all, and Please let me know if you find any cures or PREVENTION for these!
I've had the same problem that everyone here has had since a few months into pregnancy with my son. i was 19 at the time. Today is my 24th birthday.
earlier this week i had one on my inner upper right thigh it was painful. i put a large bandage on it and it helped the pain while i was at clinicals (CNA clinicals at a nursing home). with the bandage the pain subsided because the bump wasn't sweaty rubbing on my scrubs and my other thigh. it felt so good that i left it there over night.. which probably wasn't a good idea. the next morning i went to take it off and (my skin is so horribly thin down there because of the chronic abscesses) and so the bandage peeled a few layers of skin off as well. it took me about two hours to peel the bandage off. very painful. i went to clinicals the next day and it was slightly bearable to walk around. i just walked funny trying to keep my legs from rubbing together.
this morning i woke up and a whole new very large one had appeared on my inner upper left thigh. these things are very deep tissue. the round tops are shiny and red all around them. it's painful to walk, but i cant put bandages on them anymore because I'm afraid of ripping skin off of my thighs. i have purple scars everywhere down there. it's embarrassing and painful and i haven't found anything that works to rid me of this issue. i went to the doctor years ago when i was still pregnant and they gave me antibiotics and they didn't work. I've used every old wives tale in the book that my Nana passes to me but this is getting to the point where it is interrupting my work and playing with my son and every day things. i wont even have an intimate relationship with anyone because I'm embarrassed and I'm afraid it might be painful.
i was thinking in my head this morning what i wanted for my birthday. at the very top of the very short list is to get rid of the painful, frustrating and embarrassing abscesses that keep me from thinking about more important things.
sorry about posting twice
WOW soooo glad I found this page!! helped me so much, I know exactly what's wrong with me now and I can't even tell you how much my anxiety has been eased about the situation. I can't really add anything that hasn't already been told by someone else!! Thanks for all the great tips and it's so relieving to know i'm not alone.
I completely understand how all of you feel that get these little nasty rep pimple cysts that later turn into  purple blue black scars...I've gotten them since I was 13 and i'm 23 now about to be 24 and have been to, what seems, like every doctor in the world..there is no cure there is nothing they can shuve down my throat to make these things go away. I did find that Terrisal works somewhat if you want some relief you can try boilease...it's found at CVS-walgreens....stores like that..You load a gauze pad with this cream and place it right over the affected area..it might not pop right away but it gently ease's the pain and pressure with some of these "bombs" ...It ***** I know I've even thought of getting lipo or even skin graphing to correct this but I'm not a millionaire and can't afford this..I'm glad we can all come here and vent out what our issues that we are having!!
I don't know if im in the right place talkin about it, but i had reddish, purpleish bump on my calf, and i was there for quite a while, it was like a lump but when i poked it it was puss and bit of blood but it never went away, (sorry so gross), I went to the Doctor and he gave me some antibiotics which it went down a bit and not so red but its still hard..i dont know he told me it wasnt a bite, but didnt know.. Well i quit think bout it because its not gettin bigger just red every now and then. But just a few days ago i noticed another one just like the other its real red and sore..im really starting to panic. Maybe im being dramatic but really i have no idea, i was thinkin ingrown hair, but like my first one was there for a month or better.. Ive tried Prid Sauve stuff and antibactieral cream and nothing.. Thank you all who read this and letting me vent and talk about it.. Thank you agian
my name is laural and im 20yrs old i have had an abscess on my cheek by my lip that the hospital had to remove but that had a head on it wat i have now is about two -three finges long very hard and painful to touch this hard lump runs my bikini line but almost directly under my right hip at the top of my bikini line. ive tried hot compresses but they dont work the hard lump has no head so i cant try and squeeze it. i dont want to go back to the doctor but ive had it three days and its still veyr hadr and the swelling has not gone down if anything the swelling has increased.................. any suggestions?
kinda scared......
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all for your posts!  I have been suffering with my first bump for about a month now, and it's driving me crazy!  It's right in my pantie line area of my leg.  I ignored it for a bit because I'm very prone to acne in wierd places, but my description matches most of yours completely!  I have a Dr. appt in two weeks with the OB, but after reading some of your posts, I'm wondering if I should switch to my primary or a dermatologist?  How embarassing to have to show them.  Same symptions too, wierd long bleeding and puss when provoked.    Very painfull when wearing underwear, so I've been living in my husband's boxer shorts.  
Ive been getting these "cysts" for years now.  In my opinion, i think they are ingrown hairs from shaving your bikini line, because I never ever used to get them b4 i started shaving down there.  I've tried the pin trick many times when i was younger, but now i find that letting them pop on their own leaves less of a scar and is less painful, but believe me, when they pop, (which for me always has to happen somewhere random) a shitload of pus and blood comes out! (sorry disgusting i no)  My inner thighs are covered in scars and little holes left from these monsters.  
Thank you all for posting so much information.  I am 23 years old, of average weight and have been dealing with the hard lumps/cysts on my bikini line area for about 3-4 years now.  They are very painful and tend to become inflamed when I wear jeans or underwear that agitate the bikini line area.  I recently went for my annual check-up and the doctor noticed my "lesion".  He tried to tell me it was herpes and I told him I was positive it was not.  He strongly encouraged me to get tested for herpes and the result was negative...thank goodness.  

What I've found that helps is to wear breathable cotton boyshort underwear and to buy pants that do not rub or put pressure on the bikini line area when I sit down.  When the hard lump starts to develop a ***** sac, I quit wearing underwear or jeans and wear leggings instead.  I thoroughly wash the cyst with soap in the shower then rinse with bactine everytime after going to the bathroom.  After it bursts I continue the bactine rinses and apply neosporin (this helps it heal without leaving a dark scare).  Good luck to you all and I hope you find this posting helpful.
hello, i am experiencing my second cyst. the first one i had in my armpit and didn't know that's what it was, it eventually went away. the second one, which i have right now is on my upper inner thigh, a very awkward place. A few days ago when i noticed it it was by accident, i squeezed hardly at all and it pussed right out. but i kept messing with it(it was the first time i had one puss and i was intrigued)  >..> ) and swelled up to almost the size of a soft ball, but i was recommended from a friend who gets them also, this stuff called "Black Drawing Salve" medically termed "ichthammol Ointment" only a few dollars at your local pharmacy. its black, smells like tar, stains and is messy, but it works amazingly!!!  put a little on once the skin is broken, and cover it with a bandage, in the morning then in the evening. my softball sized cyst shrunk down to the size of a marble in 2 days!!!  =) i highly recommend it to everyone, just thought i would share since no  one has mentioned it yet, if anyone else try's it please share your experience =)
I used to have the same problem and it started when I was about 12. They were BAD. They'd turn into big under the skin, painful, infected boils that often had to be lanced. I was given the same treatment by Doctors. Antibiotics for topical and oral treatment. In my 40s, It was finally suggested to me that it could be because of coconut. Coconut oils do not break down in the system as quickly (or at all) as other oils in some people. It needs to be expelled, and sometimes the only way that can happen is through the lymph nodes down there. So I cut out all coconut (sacrifice - I loved it!) and no more boils, except maybe a little flare up right before my period or if I unknowingly eat junk food with coconut oil in it. I hesitate to call this an allergy because I can use coconut oil topically and it doesn't bother me. Please let us know if cutting out coconut works for any of you.
SO GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE!  I have struggled with these rottten puss bombs for YEARS.. tried antibiotics from the doc, Phisoderm, you name it --- they bust and burn and leave horrific scars.

I'm going to try the Terrasil to see if it helps.  And another poster mentioned this - don't try the antibiotics -- it makes them COME BACK TWICE AS BAD!!

As for the scarring -- when I had these before and they were gone with just the scars left -- I put some Retin-A on the skin and the scars went away.

Have to agree with everyone here -- I dry thoroughly, go commando when I sleep, and try not to wear too tight of pants to avoid repeat offenders.

If anyone else has any better ideas to get rid of the scarring BESIDES SURGERY -  please POST!!
Hello, recently i have found lump on the inside of my groin, right on the outskirts of my pubic hair. I'm only 15 and ive been freaking out about it. Its painfull to touch and is about the size of half a lemon head, It also has a dime size redish tent around it. im worried it could be an std or something. If someone could help me out it would be great!
I get these off and on, at times it’s very painful to walk or sit.  I often get them on my vagina both outside and inside which is soo painful but most of the time in the crease of my legs.  I drain them myself to relive the pressure but have many scares and discolored skin from them.  I have to say if you don’t know how to drain a boil/pimple please do not do so.  You can get an infection that’s worse than the original boil, I’ve been there many times, but I can’t not stop messing with them.  I'm overweight and I'm sure that's one reason I get them, also sweet from daily life makes it’s a breeding ground for bacteria.  I was told one time that monostat works well.  Use to use that and it did work but it's been years since I've used that for boils.  I wish I could find a way to stop these.  Best tip is cleans the area really good and make sure the area is dry.  I use a hairdryer to make sure all my creases are dry. (Was told by a GYN to use a hair dryer than towel).  Works better than a towel....
I too have had a swollen lymphnode on my left bikini line and had it removed....than after i had 2 kids i gained a little under 50 pounds. I got this red pimple like looking thing that was painful on my right bikini line. I brought it up to my Gyno and he made an insicion and drained it(he said it was an absess)....BIG MISTAKE! I now have a scar on my right bikini line and left bikini line. Later i told my mother in law about it and she said shes been getting them for over 20 years and about 2 years ago her gyno told her to wash the area that looks like a pimple and is painful (she gets them in the armpits too) with HIBICLENS. Its what doctors have you wash yourself with before surgery it takes away all the bacteria. (you can buy a bottle at walmart for around $5.00) I used it on the one the doctor drained but came back. and im not lying within 4 days the pain was gone and i still use it when i get a flair up...I don't know what I would have done without it. I hope this helps some of you ladies.
Yea I've had boils for about 10 years, I'm 22 now. I have 2 or 3 on a daily basis and my thighs rub together making them feel 10 times worse. What usually helps just a little is using antibacterial *safeguard* soap. I sleep with a heating pad between my thighs daily to relieve the pain and it makes them come to a head so by morning you can just squeeze as much out of them as you can.

I was so self concious that I didn't have sex until 19. I never wanted to show anyone my thighs and when I did they thought I had an STD and ran away. It got to the point that every 2 months I went and got tested for every STD out there just so I can carry around proof that I'm clean. I wasn't happy until I found my husband. He is a little grossed out and sympathetic but he goes as far as helping me squeeze them (it's so much easier and more affective when someone else does the squeezing because we never wanna hurt ourselves)...

I've gone to the doctor often (like I said testing every 2 months) and they are no help. Doctors just say "oh you need to loose weight"... when I lost weight they say "oh you need to eat a more balanced diet" "stop having sex as often" blah blah blah... they just don't know what to do. We're just going to have to deal with it because no one cares enough to develop a cure... they have this boil be gone stuck that keeps your thighs from rubbing together but... its really messy and pretty much not worth it...

Good Luck everyone... I hope my post has helped...

Remember:
Heating Pad at night
Someone else doing the squeezing
Antibacterial Soap
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I have been to my Dr 4 times for this very thing you are all describing, and every time I leave more confused then when I entered there. I have been going through this very thing for almost 10 years now, and right now I have one, (probably the biggest and most painfullest I have ever had).  

I had cysts on my ovaries and my Uterus, which resulted in a full Hysterectomy 3 years ago, so I have always been waiting for the big "C" diagnosis because of these weird and frequent, puss filled lumps. Thank you all for allowing me to find this site, and finally hearing from someone going through the same thing I am. Good luck people, and heating pad tonight it is.
This thread has me in tears right now... its 3am and I have a large lesion on my left bikini area, so I cant sleep. I've been suffering boils/cysts/lesions since I was in my early teens. I am 30 years old now. What brings me to tears is that I thought I was an "odd duck" with these issues. I didn't realize that others suffered too. I feel your pain and embarrassment. My boyfriend and I both suffer from them. We've gone to the doctors and been treated separately in the past. I have one lanced and get antibiotics. He goes to the VA gets it lanced and gets antibiotics. I was our sheets every three days in hot water and bleach. I only use white sheets and pillow cases because of this. We each shower twice a day as well. The last one he had on his ear lobe burst out in public where we didn't have ANYTHING to catch the discharge and it smelled horrible. He was so embarrassed. We made another appt for him at the VA and since I am out of work I went with him for the first time. I was truly taken aback by that appointment and pray that it works. Dr C actually examined BOTH of us... considering I wasn't a VA patient was unusual to me. He put us BOTH on antibiotics at the same time. He got Minocycline and I got doxicycline ($4 prescription at walmart). Doc also prescribed us Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution as an antiseptic to use every day. He said that we were "ping pong-ing" the staph between us and needed to be treated together and not separately. Crossing my fingers we finally get to the bottom of things.
Now, I've always treated my lesions myself with ice and then a sterile pin and drain. If its in a precarious place my mother will usually help me... gotta love her. Dr C told me NOT to lance myself and it will drain on its own. My current lesion is the size of a golf ball right now and is making me miserable. Hence my visit to Google and then to here. I have been applying heat and taking Motrin. The skin has gotten shiny so alls hoping next day or so I should have a head. With my research complete I am going to make a turmeric poultice and see what that does. I will keep all posted. I just can't believe I've gone through 15+ years thinking I was gross for having these. We're not "gross" or "dirty" we just have a legitimate medical condition that unfortunately doesn't seem to have a definitive cure except for better eating and drinking habits. I cant wait to tell my mother that I'm not the only one. I wish you all luck and hope we can find a treatment that works...
OH before I close... for treatments of the scars... mederma cream and cocoa butter lotion. Same thing one would use for after baby stretch marks and surgical scars. I stumbled on this accidentally after my daughter was born and after my gastric bypass. ;-)

Also try epsom salt in a bath to draw the infection to the surface.  I also have been getting these for years, but now there are around 6 and they are painful.  I do believe sweating has a lot to do with it as we have had a hot summer.  Also air out whenever possible, and it might even be hormones as I am 41 and they seem to be getting worse, and even acne/cysts on my face are bad.  Cysts are hereditary and there is no cure I found out from my dermatologist.  Hope some of this helps.
Did not mean to double post sorry
omg i can't believe other people have them i keep getting them on my inner thigh and they hurt and ive also got them on my lips if you know what i mean now i have another one but its the size of a small golf ball its so sore i can hardly walk or sit im so imbarrassed about it i was just on here looking for a free clinic since i just moved here but i dont really want a doctor looking down there or cutting ill try the warm towel and the salt thanks
I got these on my bikini line since I was a teenager. I have been cyst free for years after I cut out all sugar except 1-2 natural fruits a day (and sugar is hiding everywhere - ketchup, bread, salad dressing, HFCS, -oses, etc ,etc). Eating a clean organic diet has cured more ailments than I can fit into this comment box. I have some scars left but that is all! Antibiotics are horrible for this and promote yeast growth (at least supplement with probiotics after taking over-prescribed antibiotics). Hope this help someone!
I am 25 and I have been dealing with this for about 10 years now myself. I was always so embarrassed. They are so painful and have a stench when u pop them. I am gonna try the maderma for scarring. I get it on my inner thighs, the side of my breasts,above my private area, my butt, and my underarms. I am gonna try a few things from here. and then see how they work. I thought I was alone in this situation. I feel a lot better now.  I wish they just had a cure for this already.
Next to having these cysts, removing the bandage is almost as painful.
I soak a cotton ball in rubbing alchol and swab the edges of the bandage, until the adhesive dissolves. Works everytime!
Note: if the wound is still open, be careful, because the alcohol will seep into it...more pain, so make sure the cotton ball is not soaking wet.
I'm trying to get better at recognizing the onset of these cysts and practice prevention.

I start to feel a slight fever a few days before, and the area starts to tingle and itch.
The itching increases, until I irritate it into formation. Plus I think I scratch it in my sleep!
My first thought is always, "OH No....Not Again!"

Right away, I increase my regimen of cleansing w/antibacterial soap, perioxide and up my intake of Turmeric supplements. Note: if you like Indian/asian food..they use a lot of turmeric, so eat up!

I make a Turmeric/Emu oil paste, apply, cover with a large, adhesive-type rectangular bandage (get from Walmart, CVS, buy several boxes to keep on hand and keep some on your person..just in case). I also buy sterile guaze, fold them over, place over the cysts, THEN place the adhesive bandage ontop for added protection and comfort. Make sure the guaze is the type that doesn't stick to wounds.

Note: Make sure to buy the type of water-proof bandages with the adhesive strip AROUND ALL 4 SIDES, to ensure no more bacteria gets in, plus you can shower with it and not introduce moisture. Change regularly (whether it burst open or not), so you can apply fresh paste. See my previous post on how to painlessly remove a bandage.
Update: once the adhesive has dissolve around the edges, keep applying the alcohol as you pull off the bandage.  

Though not a cure, I believe recognizing the onset will helps us better prepare.
I don't have the guts to pop it and don't know anyone who will...Turmeric seems to speed up the POP-event.
I am 68 years old and just had my first boil/abcess/whatever about a month ago in my vaginal/groin area, I used hotpacks, antibiox soap, boil ease and bandage...it went away within a week.  Then more came back of both sides of the labia they stayed about the size of a dime and some went away fairly quickly, however now I only have them on the right side, both labia and groin area.  One popped up in the groin that seems huge to me, about 2" inches long and 1" wide...just found it this morning.  So now I'm doctoring 4 in this same general area of various sizes.  We travel several months at a time and happen to be in the upper pennisula of Michigan for 2 days before move down state slowly...called my doctor back in Texas, and she won't even prescripe antibiox for me...got to a walk in clinic, or if they get really bad, go to the ER.  I don't want to do either, but this is getting worrisome and painful.  Most of these posts sound like you've been dealing with them for years without much luck, and here I am having my first one at 68 and having them just keep popping up all in a months time.  

PokerDiva
I have had these sorts of problems for years on various parts of the body. But when i had a ceasarian section 4 years ago I was sent home with staples in and had to have them removed by a home nurse. One had embedded itself into my flesh. Anyway i seemed to heal over time and several infections later. But there was an area that would break down from time to time. About 3 weeks ago i got a sore raised lump just above the bikini line under tum. This got bigger and bigger and unlike most of you here i applied ice to it. I squeezed it and yes it hurt but it eventually burst with blood and pus. I went to my doc who advised i had a 2 milimetre slit there. We did dressings and chlorosig ointment on it daily and it continued to weep and didnt want to heal. However now it has healed it is forming all over again. Big lump dark purple under skin SO sore like a pinched bruised feeling. On top of this i feel sure there has been something left in me from the ceasar. I had xrays but nothing showed. I am still not convinced. If anyone touches it at all i feel like a pin is pricking into me. So now i have an appointment with a surgeon in a months time to see what he suggests. I am scared stiff. I have an elderly mum that relies on me to do her food shopping and i have a 4 yr old that needs me. NOT fun at all. I hope you all find the answers to your problems. For me vanity doesnt come into it i just want to be healed and stop having these problems.
Regards
Sharyn from Australia
okay im 16 years old and currently scared ********.
so i have never had sex (anal or oral) so it cant be from that but a few days ago i was wearing a tight thong (maybe form that ?) and it got kinda sore on my left side, i few days later it got worse and so i looked and was shocked to see this welt. from where the pain starts and ends like on my inner groin area is like 2 inches and then theres this welts thing in the middle. sitting and walking is painful and i really DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.  my family doc is male and so are the ones at the walk in clinic, so i really dont wanna go and be like "OMG LOOK". i got a staff infection before but i seriously dont know what to think since that was the painfulest thing ive ever gone through ... im on the verge of tears and i need help !
I have these too. I have huge thunder thys that rub together. I was outside all day (in Texas) and it was HOT! I was sweating a lot and then I felt this pain on my inner thy and low and behold this doomed bump. The head is a purple color, and around an 1/2 inch diameter it is swollen and hard underneath the purple part. Then around that is a red area that surrounds the purple part and its about 4 inches across. It kinda looks like a spider bite. Its very possible it can be this. I have something very important to do today but it hurts to walk and I look like I have a stick up my @$$ if I try to walk. Im trying a heating pad on it, it seems to help. Im about to go to Walgreens and buy everything I can think of that will fix this. : (
It is in a weird way nice to see that tthere are others out there suffering like i do. I am sorry for all you women out there - I hate these warts and the pain they cause. I have not been able to get rid of these bumps but what has helped me is BACTROBAN cream or ointment. The problem is that you dont get this OTC and you need a prescription to buy it. I wish i could buy it OTC with the amount i use it. Also get HIBICLENS  antiseptic skin cleanser and use it everyday - this defnitely helps. Hibiclens is available at any pharmacy and i keep it a part of my everyday cleaning routine now. Also, Bactrim is one pescription pill that helped me in the past. And also take an anti-inflamatory pill and this will also reduce the pain a bit. Hope this helps atleast a few of you out there.
I have been getting these for a long time they get big and warm they hurt like a needle is in it like pain a sharp pain and they unuesly are filled with blood and I just wait for them to go a away and don't bother it but I get then on the left inner thigh every since I was a teenager I get them alot but I go on with my life .
ladies...i feel your pain.  i'm a man and i have been dealing with these things for about 10 years now.  my doctor doesn't seem to take it as seriously as i would like, and thinks that it could be due to sweat or lack of cleaning in that area as well as others (hate to say it, but if you knew me, you would know how much of a clean freak i am).  he suggested using an anti-bacterial soap like "cetaphil" and just trying to keep it dry (tough to do in the summer time when you sweat down there).

i have gotten these welts on both inner thighs, but more often than not it is on my right side (seems to be the case with most posts here too).  i am usually able to simply pop them or use a needle to puncture the skin just below the surface to drain the puss/blood, but this time around is a little more sore/sensitive.

after reading some of these posts, i think i am going to try the warm washcloth and just let it sit on the area for a while...hopefully this will help resolve some of the tenderness and possibly bring the puss more to the surface so i can pop/drain.  it does suck though, since it certainly does leave less than desirable scars.  i will admit that i am slightly embarrassed by them, but what can you do?  luckily my wife loves me for me, and understands my plight.

i just wanted to let you all know that you are not alone in this.  guys can get them too.

i'm glad i found this thread...very good info to go on.

cheers!
I am 21 years old and have been dealing with this problem since I was around ten years old. I get these bumps/pimples/blackheads/cysts on and around my private area, in my butt crack, under my arms and more recently under my breasts. I was always freaking out when a new one showed up and sometimes they  pop while I was in public. It is painful and embarrassing because they bleed for hours on end. I knew my weight had something to do with it, but I was baffled when my overweight friend told me she didnt have them at all (She weighs at least 40 lbs more then I). I have had to hide it from the few guys I have been with, because it looks like I have some STD from hell down there. I even go to great lengths to hide them all the time. I cant even wear tank tops unless I sleep in them because of this horrible issue. II showed my mother one of them before they popped and she had not a clue what it could be, said she had never seen anything like that in her life. Recently my 16 year old sister asked me if I still had these bumps, because she has one now on her inner thigh/crease of her leg that looks just as bad as mine do. Im kinda scared now that I know it has a name...... Hydradenitis Supprativa sounds scary as all freakin get out. Im planning on going to the doctor with this information I have found here. I really do appreciate someone stepping in and creating this forum of sorts. I am SO glad to know Im not some freak show that has skin from hell in her special spots. THANK YOU so much this stuff really helped. I hope I have good luck at the doctors. <33
I got one of these lumps on my inner thigh and it's sore the doctor told me it can be a fat tumor or a cancerous tumor . "which i am not really over weight. Gained few pounds after falling through a deck and hurt my back" the first visit and left it as is.  2 Months later i noticed it got twice the size Like a base ball size from a golf ball size and now it's painful. So on September 27 2010 they are going to cut it out and test it. Kind of nervous about it cause i have never been under a knife before and i am 29 so i considered myself lucky until now.  Hope it is nothing serious cause i plan on reenlisting in the army if it is cancer that could be one of my main reasons for getting sick often.  So if any of you have any issues like this get it looked at ASAP cause it could be cancerous. Just a rant  Cancer run high on both sides of my family so it has me worried but i can't tell that to my wife cause she is already scared for me it ***** i have no one to talk to about this cause i am the strong one in the family so strong the people who live next to me won't start with my family cause they know i will start a war if they start with me in anyway.  Just ***** not being able to talk to the people i love about what is happening cause i would cause more stress in their life

Carl  
I have the same thing everyone is describing. I asked my primary care doctor and he told me it was infected hair follicles. I didn't believe this cause I get them every month. So I asked my OB/GYN when I was in for my annual visit. He said it has to do with my horomones. I believe this. I have noticed that the bumps come about a week before my period is do to come. It happens every month. I've been getting the bumps for well over 10 years now. The only time I didn't get them was when I was pregnant with my 3 sons. What a relief that was to have 9 months X 3 of freedom from these painful bumps! My OB/GYN gave me tetraclycline and it does help. If they get to painful I will also soak in a tub of hot water which sometimes will make them the bumps pop. I hope this helps.
i have read every last comment that you all have post and i am grateful for this knowledge. ive been suffering for years now and have been too embarrassed to do anything about it. its great to know im not alone anymore.
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! wow i thought i was the only one. this is gna sound dum but i almost wana cry jus cuz even tho it suks *** to have this issue at least i kno im not alone n ladies ur not alone. i've got a real horrible case of these cysts or should i say painful lil volcanoes!!!! I hate them. I get them frequently and it was so bad once it left a literal HOLE u cud fit the tip of a pencil inside. I'm 19 years old and have been suffering from this since the fifth grade. N not to be cocky but im not an ugly duckling nor overweight..im 120lbs and 5'5'' and i hate wat this duz to me inside.

Yes its been a blow to my self esteem especially wen going to the beach. I even gotten embarresed to wana be with my man BUT ODDLY HE LOVES THEM...LOL. BUT ive come to TERMS with it. plus i like gross thing so my issues have become INTERESTING TO ME!!! PLUS THIS IS HOW GOD MADE ME. i can hate them all i want but ive got to live with them...SO Y NOT NAME THEM..lol. but foreal GOD makes no mistakes n this is wat we have to deal with. NO NOT THE BEST THING TO EMBRACE..but at least jus deal. ALL YOU N ME KNO WERE NOT NASTY OR UNCLEAN bcuz of them...they just happen.

WE CAN OVERCOME THEM!! WERE SPECIAL. we just have to be confident in WHO WE ARE..thats wat ive HAD TO DO n NOT LET it bother me like it used to. Dont get me wrong i wish i was perfect down the...its our FEMENINITY...n we CANT EMBRACE it how we want...but IT IS WAT IT IS!! I also have VOLCANOES that grow between my titys n I've also suffered from VOLCANIC acne on my face..THANK GOD thats gotten better on my face...TIP LADIES CLINIQUE 3 STEP ACNE SYSTEM..I SWEAR BY IT. the product has helped me alot for acne also the clinique acne makeup. too bad it cant help me down there or between my chest.

wow i didnt think i wud have anyone to relate to. i read all the stories n i feel im reading a biography of me!!!!! Well to say I did use to wax it helped at first then made it worse. But i am n started treatments of LASER HAIR REMOVAL!!! first off IT HURTS...LOL. second I LOVE IT. i hope it helps cure me in th long run. i also have a disgusting scar im self consious about n they said that th laser could help lighten it but not 100% gaurentee. but what the hell ima be the test dummy. i have one as i speak n it is so painful...im walkin lika duck to reduce pain..its actually noticable that im waddaling...lol. Ive had issues on everypart of me that makes me a woman..my face..my breats..and down under...i dread getting ina bathing suit...but u kno what its who i am...IVE GOT A BIG HEART and those volcanoes are NOT GOING TO BLOW ME UP!!!

hope i helped any...becuz all you were very inspirational to me. us special one gotta stick together. WERE STILL SEXY, BEAUTIFUL, CONFIDENT, AWSOME, WARM HEARTED, SPECIAL LADIES!!!!
and GUYS...thanks for commenting. that very reassuring to know that females are not alone in this upset...but as long as we find someone who loves us and understands th issue is what matters.
I had Cushing's Disease and was diagnosed with HS before I was diagnosed (much later) with the Cushing's.  I've probably had CD for 25+ years.  After a surgery to try to cure the Cushing's (pitiuitary tumor removal), the HS disappeared.  2 years later, the CD came back, and so did the HS.  Eventually I had my adrenal glands removed to prevent the CD from ever coming back, and the HS disappeared again. Please google Cushing's and look up the signs/symptoms to see if that fits.
I started getting these bumps on my inner thighs and armpits when I was 9. I can't were cap sleeve shirts because they irritate the bumps on my armpit and make them bigger. The bumps on my inner thigh sometimes get to be 2 fingers wide, rock hard, and, extremely painful. The bumps on my armpits stay for about 4weeks but the painful ones on my thighs stay for as long as they want, which *****. I have noticed the bigger and more irritated the bump/bumps get the longer they stay and the more painful they get. I have also noticed that once a  bump goes away for a couple of days then another one pops up in the same exact spot. So far I do not know a cure or remedy that will keep the swelling and pain down. I have bad dark scars that do not really improve. I am so glad this isn't a rare thing. Thank you to everyone who added a comment! All of you made me feel a lot better.

Good luck!
i am a 27 year old guy, and have had these things ever since i can remember, i used to enjoy squeezing them and watching the blood/puss go squirting but since ive had them now for about 15 years ive learned that fighting the urge to pop them and stick a needle in them is about the thing to do. over the years i have looked at them closer and asked around, my dad and brother get them too and we all have to deal with them. i have about 20 to 25 black scars from the size of a pin head to a dime in each inner thigh from the things. the best thing i have found is this stuff called boil ease. its a topical cream that has benzocane in it and that takes the pain away for about six hours. in my case i usually put it on 4 or 5 times over 2 to 3 day and it goes away. i just wanted to say too, this is not an std. i have been checked for std's 3 times and i personally am disease free. when i was 22 i got mrsa somehow. and the symptoms of mrsa and this thing are very similar. so its always best to go to the dr. and have them take a blood test. if you have insurance it should be pretty cheap to do. if your on the obama care program, well, its free for you.
In most cases they are ingrown hairs from shaving deep under the skin that are unreachable until they pop.I used to get them and i still do from time to time, for about two days I put a Hot compress on it as hot as you can stand and it should then come to a head then I pop mines instead of going to the doc. and let em cut me and pack me and then end up with a little scar. Then after popping it i make sure i squeeze all the pus i can get out then take a q-tip and peroxide and keep it clean it is sore the first day or so then it goes away. Oh yeah dont forget after you shave to clean with witch hazel,Tucks are great also you can use thaty to keep area clean. nad also remove the hair. Hope this helps
I got one of these, its like an infected cyst or boil, on the labia, about 30 yrs ago, it hurt soooo bad, the dr gave me antibiotic and it clear up and didnt come back for 2 yrs (usually after a very long bike ride)  I didn't want to go back to dr as we were on vacation.....so I sterilized a needle, and drained it, by very gently squeezing it from back to front (you don't want to drive the infection further inside - that was my reasoning)  It actually popped as if it were a huge pimple).....I washed it thoroughly with anitbiotic soap, and applied polysporin (I had it for a previous eye infection, but it worked)
This time,  (first time in 28 yrs) its back, same place (the cyst never disappear, its just not infected most of the time)  it never got quite as painful as last time, but I could see where it was headed, I couldn't walk......so I went online for advice.......I sat in bath as hot as I could (that seems to bring in infection forward......dried off and drained it (no needle),  I did this about 5-6 times over 4 days, and you can tell when its all gone and you've got it all, when you squeeze, you can't get any more infection (mine was white)) to come out, and it doesn't hurt to touch, except where you may have bruised by squeezing, but you can sit easily again and walk without pain......
I think it takes 3-4 days to drain it thoroughly.......after each session, I washed it with spectro gel (antibiotic soap)  dried gently (always with clean cloths & then into the wash they go - don't wanna spread it, I've heard of too many who have several of these.....one is too many for this gal)  then apply the polysporin, or neosporin, whatever you have......2-3 times a day.  
Don't wear anything constrictive......boxer shorts would be good, or nothing....  I was lucky to be on my own for a few days, so I could let it heal easily.
I'm so glad to be rid of this, and I plan to be a lot more vigilent from now on.....hope its 28 yrs before I see this again!
How are you doing??
Know what you mean about the little hole it leaves......when I would drain it, I would see that (mirrors)......but the hole disappears soon enough for me anyway.  I'm being VERY VERY careful,   I don't want this back again!!
Thank the Gods!!! I thought I had like.....groin cancer or something! LOL i thought i was going to die!
CURE !!!!
I've been getting these on my inner thighs all my life (I'm 40).  I found a cure!   Exposure to the sun.  After only a day of sitting in the sun with the area exposed, the pain disappears and the swelling goes down.  After a few days (even if you only sit in the sun that one time), it will disappear.
Sorry I have not read the entire thread but I have had these since I was about 12 too. I am 39 and all I can say is the only relief I had was while pregnant believe it or not. They completely went away and about a year and a half after they cam back. My youngest is 2 1/2 and they are back in full force. I wonder if anyone has looked into hormonal treatments? That is my only guess since I was completely free of them when I was pregnant. My mother and my twin has them too. Hopefully my kids didn't inherit this as well. I am mortified to ask anyone other than the gynocologist and they recommended different shaving creams and told me not to shave etc.  Totally off base!
After I had my daughter, I went it for a check up. I have had these bumps since I was fourteen. They embarrass me and I've always squirmed so that they weren't noticed. The doctor I saw asked if I had ever had herpes. I confidentlly told her no but, I really thought that maybe I had contracted them and these weren't the same "bumps". I had been tested in the hospital and everything came back negative so, I didn't understand. The last gyn appointment I had they did the regular tests as well and came back with nothing (I didn't have a "boil, bump" at the time. But, of course, it came back like they always do. They are painful and annoying. I'm glad to know what it is and know I'm not the only one that suffers. I found out my Aunt gets them too. They are just very embarrassing!
oh gosh -  i can not believe i have lived with this stuff for years and not had anything done about it.  I don't get these bumps often, but have had at least 3 that i can vividly remember.  There is a spot on my inner thigh where I had one of these bumps for at least 4-6 months in my early 20's.  I remember seeing my doctor and they of course checked me for every STD under the sun.  Negative. Then i got the "oh it's just an ingrown hair, it will go away just don't play wiht it."  Well it never did get much smaller, and of course i played with it.  The darn thing was exactly how ppl here described it: Hard, dark red, under the skin ,with no obvious ingrown hair.....and after i would squeeze it, i'd notice there was a hole, tiny, right in the middle.  it would ooze and bleed forever.  it did finally go away but still, to this day, NO ONE can touch that part of my leg. i will jump in pain even if my cat crawls across me in bed and touches "that one spot."

i noticed another one yesterday  right up near my bikini line on my inner thigh.  its so big u can see an obvious ball THRU MY SWEATS!  i'd say its the size of a marble...not quite the size of a gumball like my last one got. I have a feeling I caught it early, and i know i shouldn't play with it.  The joys of being unemployed tho - no ins. i do got to a community health center but they are SUPER limited on what they can do.  So i guess i'll make the darn apt at least have the word "Hydradenitis Supprativa" ready when he throws out the "it's just an ingrown hair" diagnosis! LOL

i see a lot of ppl say they're hereditary. i should ask my mom if she's had these before.

One other thing:  the 3 times I remember having one, including this one, i noticed they came right after my menstrual cycle. are they related to hormonal changes perhaps? I saw someone say they went away when she was pregnant. interesting.

I feel for u all! Such an embarrassing place to have your doc go and look at. i hate that. Don't suffer in pain tho, have it checked out if u have one!!  I've seen too many ppl I love ignore "odd" medical situations, until it was too late and something serious.
I thought of something else in case anyone else has this along it:

I was recently diagnosed with having a cluster of ganglion cysts in my ankle (both R & L) as well as possibly in my knee.  they push on my cyatic nerve and hurt SO BAD. i have had these for years as well.  I am waiting to see an orthopedist because, as i mentioned previously, i have no insurance and my primary clinic is very limited.

I ALSO have had a cyst/bump on the top of my scalp for over 10 years.  I am 28 btw.  It is now the size of a gumball. My mom had one too, which was removed surgically by a dermatologist....  she was told it was a Keratin deposit.

Are any of these bumps related to the ones i'm getting on my thigh? they're all apparently cysts.  I hope i don't have some strange disorder..... the one on top of my head is totally painless and free-floating.  meaning i can move it by touching it.  So, ganglion cysts in ankle, "keratin deposit" cyst on top of head, and these nasty bumps on my thigh (just one right now).

I don't even have to dress up for halloween - i feel like one of those bumpy gourds!
I have dealt with Cyst for over 14 years ( I am 33 now) 3-4 years ago they were so bad I just wanted them gone. I had one on each side of my bikini line. I had seen dermetologist, ob's, md's and everyone tried something else and nothing worked. They had gotten so bad that I could no longer get them to stay dormant. They were raised and inflammed all day, every day ! I ended up going to a general surgeon and having them cut out. You can barely see my scars. I have been cyst free for 3 years until last night... WTH... I DO NOT shave.. we determined that was the cause, so i have used VEET as a replacement. I am wondering if thats no longer working.. Hopefully this one does not become a pest, if so i will go get it taken out as well.

I have read some of the other post and will try their remedies.. i would really like these to stay gone. I don't wax, but am thinking that i may need to start..if Veet is a problem
Guy here -
This happens to more guys than you think, we just don't fret it as much because the inside of our thighs are exposed to the world less than our female counterparts.  Once we learn it's benign, but incurable, we just keep it to ourselves and don't bother with doctors.  The people above are correct, it is Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and I've had this since college.  Never asked family if any of them have it, because really, what difference does it make.

Usually, I'll just get them on the inside of my left thigh, and while it is certainly uncomfortable, sometimes even painful, it's always been manageable.  That was, of course, until two days ago, when one developed which, I sh*t you not, was about two inches long, and a little over an inch wide, which is perfectly placed in the connecting area of the groin where the upper leg meets the pelvic bone.  I can barely walk. I could barely get dressed.   This morning, in the shower, the weight of my package pulling on it made standing up really painful.  I get used to it in a sitting position after about a half hour, so I'm trying not to drink coffee or water so I don't need to go to the bathroom.  

In other words, ladies, I finally feel your pain.  This effing *****.  And I was recently laid off by my law firm, so no health insurance.  Oh yea, also have an interview for a dream job, paying muchos dineros, and they're probably going to think I have a massive case of hemorrhoids or something.  Awesome!
I have had one when i was way younger on my arm, we tried everything. until my dad told me to soak in a tub as long and as hot as i could stand it so i did and what do you know it popped and didnt hurt and went away. of coarse i have a scar, but its gone. well about a month ago on appeared on my leg so i thought to myself it worked then so lets see if itll work now. jumped in the tub as hot aas i could stand it and it popped with a little help. i squised it until it bleed and it has went down tremendously and is only sore from me popping it. hope this helps
I had a bump on my inner upper tigh. It first felt like a round rock. After touching it cause I was curious, it poped out something out like a worm was getting out. But it was white n thick like cream. Now there isn't anymore coming out but it left like a hole when I squeze it its like turned inside out like a wart or something. What is it?
I'm 16 and I noticed a small hard lump under my skin this morning. It was painful to the touch and invisible from the outside. Sometime around 3pm it had grown larger and is now a visible lump on my inner thigh. Now it's painful to the touch of clothing... Could it be the same thing as everyone else here? This is the first time I've had one of these....
Hmmm well I went to my doctor after having it for three days (by which point it had swollen to roughly the size of an orange) and they said it's cellulitis... Which is really painful!!
OKAY SO LADIES PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT MAY HELP...I HAVE THE SAME THING AND YES I HAVE HAD THEM FOR OVER 10 YEARS AS WELL...ALTHOUGH MY  BUMPS AND LUMPS AND BLACKHEADS ARE NOT REALLY THAT CLOSE TO MY BIKINI LINE, THEY ARE AT THE TOP OF MY INNNER THIGHS...THE WHOLE AREA LOOKS DARK.. I AM SO ASHAMED I STOP WEARING SHORTS...MY BOYFRIEND ACCEPTS THEM BECAUSE HE SAID IT DOESNT DEFINE ME OR MAKE ME LESS BEAUTIFUL...ANYWAYS I HAVE A SOLOUTION..I ACTUALLY GOT THIS REMEDY ONLINE AND IT WORKS...SOMEONE LIKE ME AND YOU SHARED THERE REMEDY...CLEAN AND CLEAR BLACKHEAD REMOVERS WORK...LISTEN CAREFULLY...HOT WATER WORKS OVERNIGHT FOR THE BOILS AND HOT BATHS(GUARANTEED) CLEAN AND CLEAR WORKS FOR THE BLACK HEADS (WITHIN TWO WEEKS)...IVE TRIED IT AND IT WORKS ....ONCE I GOT RID OF MY BLACKHEADS I USED A BLEACHING CREAM TO GET RID OF THE SPOTS AND GUESS WHAT I WONT LIE, MY LEGS ARE NOT 100 % BETTER, BUT ITS A WHOLE LOT BETTER...I WENT TO JAMAICA AND I WORE SHORTS AND A TWO PIECE ,,YOU COULD HARDLY SEE THEM...THIS WAS IN TWO MONTHS,....................TRY IT AND TELL ME IF IT WORKS FOR YOU.............HOPE I HELPED SOMEONE.....
Hello lovely ladies, I wish there was a doctor on here to offer advice - I've gone through the comments and realized we are not all talking about the same thing, which can be misleading when seeking answers.

What I experience is one to a few hard, boil like bumps - that feel like painful gland along my inner bikini line or some times closer to the labia itself. I only get this around the time i'm ovulating to just befor my period.

This is related to hormones. I was on the pill for 6 months....never had a single one. This is my first month not on the pill and wow -it back. another later also mentioned she never had them while she was pregnant and another said she gets them before her period.

Seems it has more to do with hormones then anything else - our bodies response to hormones. I'm hoping we can get a proper diagnosis and treatment for this specific issue. I feel your pain, it's embarrassing and painful and worse since we don't have a name to identify or explain to our partners.

In the past I've used green clay or waited days and sqeezed others took month to fully clearly up though they do shrink.

I'll be going to the doctors, I hope to get answers to share with you.

Wishing you all well.
Hi, I`m 13 years old and I just started getting these things on my inner thighs close to my vagina like a month ago. I had 5 around that area. There was the biggest 1 about 2 fingers wide and 1in long it really hurt, I could now walk very comfortable for a while. They grow scabs on the top and one day I scratched it off and puss came. I squeezed it and a lot I mean a lot of pus came out I have not told my parents. After the puss blood came and it never stopped bleeding until like 5 hours. I was scared, When all the blood was gone there was a hole left and it was BEEP. It eventually went away after 3 weeks, now it is a black spot and still a scab there. I get more but not as big as that one was. Now I get them on my lower back, On my butt and I just got one on my leg. What should I do? Should I keep busting them? Go to a doctor? Ignore it? PLEASE HELP! E-Mail me at ***@**** I need some advice!
Wow! Just for ***** and giggles I decided to Google what these awful things I get are, and this thread came up. I have been getting them for years, and they are very painful and leave horrible scars.
In my experience, shaving down there seems to help, I think because then there is no hair to harbor as much bacteria. I also have noticed they get worse just before my period. I am getting them worse now than I ever have because I have gained weight, and that area seems to get less air. I get them only in my bikini lines, on both sides, but more often on one side.
Benzoyl peroxide seems to help, and I do the popping with a sterile pin thing too. Years ago I had some type of prescription capsules for acne, I would open them and mix the bright yellow contents with a little water, then smear it on the affected area (after popping them). That seemed to work, I can't remember what the medication was though. Glad I found this, I always thought it was just me...
I just Googled the description of the capsules that helped, I believe it was Tetracycline hydrochloride. As I said in my previous post, I didn't take them orally, I would smear a paste onto the affected area. If anyone has this prescription, try it see if it helps and if it does let everyone know.
I have been suffering in silence for what feels like forever... I am 33 years old and have been dealing with this condition since I was around 13-14... I have numerous scars, and it is so painful and embarrassing. GPs/Doctors have been no help... Antibiotics do nothing, and some creams have made it worse. I have been single for nearly 4 years because I don't want to have to explain to my next partner (previously in a 14 year relationship).

I have one under my left arm which has been with me for well over a year... It has disappeared completely for a couple of weeks but always comes back. I drain it every couple of days (using the same scar). It does not get sore anymore, as long as I keep draining regularly.

I also have one on my inner left thigh, but that one only appears every so often. There have been occasions when I have been out in public and one has burst, and so much liquid comes out.

I have read every post on here and I really feel for you all, I literally feel your pain.

I read one by I have been suffering in silence for what feels like forever... I am 33 years old and have been dealing with this condition since I was around 13-14... I have numerous scars, and it is so painful and embarrassing. GPs/Doctors have been no help... Antibiotics do nothing, and some creams have made it worse. I have been single for nearly 4 years because I don't want to have to explain to my next partner (previously in a 14 year relationship).

I read one by Bilkoo about exposure to the sun. I live in a really hot climate for a year and used to sunbathe naked on my balcony and it made no difference.

I am going to keep a diary of food/drinks and attacks and keep you all posted. ( I have eaten bread today after a few weeks of a carb free diet)

Does anyone find that they may be stress related? I seem to get these when I am feeling run down. They also only appear in warm places, i.e. under the arm, the crease between the thigh and pelvic bone.

I am not overweight, but I am sitting down most of the day. I exercise regularly (when lump free down below). I do drink a fair amount of alcohol at weekend, and also occasionally binge eat bread.

Hot salt baths have helped in the past, may be dries it out. I also no longer wear underwear if I can help it, that has decreased attacks greatly.

My brother suffers from similar attacks, as does one of my close friends.
Sorry to hear you are all going through the same thing, but I have found great comfort in your posts, so thank you..
sorry for repeating my 1st paragraph.. silly computer ;-)
eqs
I have had this problem for a few years now (I am 18), and my mother has been dealing with it her whole life (although hers tend to be much more severe than mine).

After consulting with our holistic doctor, we have finally discovered something that works... it honestly has not failed once yet.

Make a paste from Tumeric powder and water, apply it to the affected and leave it on for as long as possible (sometimes it works to make a sort of poultice with it using a band-aid). Generally after anywhere from a few hours to a day or two, depending on the severity of the bump, it will begin to drain out on its own and reduce in size.

Tumeric is a very cleansing herb which has the ability to draw out impurities through the skin. In India they use it as a face wash/mask, and it is quite effective.

Just take caution because it will stain things yellow (including your skin, temporarily).
I have never had anything like this in my life and a few days ago... i suppose after shaving this small bump was there and its gotten bigger and bigger in the last few days. Just now i tried to pop it to let the puss out as its a litttle irritating and i would normally just wait for it to pass but i leave for cabo in a week and i cant have this nasty growth on my bikini line thats so gross! What the hell do i do, leave it or try to pop and and let it heal? If i pop it now its possible that in a week it could be almost healed and easier to cover .. if i leave it- it might not go away
Help me!!
I'm 16 years old, & Believe me I know the feeling. Both my Inner thighs have Bumps, Well darkend scars from them. It's embarrising, and I just feel so Self Consious and It makes me feel NASTY. Knowing that I'm not, because I take a Shower everyday and I lotion from Head to toe, and I have to use Products for My Sensitive Skin, Which is Horrible. But They use to not be as bad as they are now, but they just started getting worse and I've tried to use everything, Clindamycin helps, but You have to Pop the Painful bumps first. I Just don't know what to do, & I've been to the Doctor and I have No STDS or anything. But I'm slighty overweight, which I think that Might be most of the Problem. I use to feel alone, and feel like only 1 out a certain amount only had these but after reading yall's stories, I've realized that I'm not alone. I've always had good Self Confidence, but these just make me feel not beautiful, and not wanted.! :(
Thanks!  I've had this condition for 20 years, and I thought I was alone.  I'm glad to know that I am not alone.
I was so relieved to find this site . this is a problem in my family, it starts in our armpits, that stops then it goes to under our breasts. after that finally stops it starts in our groin area. Iv  delt with it for many years, im 43 now. I Dont have large thighs actually have skinny legs, I have good hygiene. but the past year they wont go away completely. my doctor has put me on antibiotic after another. well tomorrow I go in and my doctor is removing the glands. Im  praying this is my fix. Its so disgusting, and embarrassing, not to mention very painful, my husband of 18 years is very kind and understanding, but it messes with our very active sex life and thats where i draw the line I have scars too and im very selfconscious  about it. I will let you know if this surgery works.... Good Luck to All Of You,
I know I'm at the wrong forum but so far in my search, this has been the first one that seems to explain what I have.

Well, after searching page after page to figure out what is happening I think a lot of the people here have the same thing. Mine just started recently. About 2 months ago. I got the first two under my belt area. I worry about stuff cause in the last 13 years they've told me I was a walking dead man 7 times from Congestive heart failure, emphysema and liver disease. Anyways, first two popped up and they both started to drain the same time in a shower days later. They didn't go away and instead left dark lumps under the skin that are itchy. But now a few more have shown and they're red and hurt like heck. I'm 56 and twice they told me I had a week or less to live. I moved to a farm to die alone and I don't mind dying but my quality of life sux and now these things occupy my mind 24/7 cause they feel like they're burning. I'm looking up that one thing mentioned earlier and I plan to do the damp cloth with a heating pad so I thank you for that advice. I can't hardly stand to button my pants or tighten my belt. The new ones seem to be moving south, still in my groin area. Hope you all find relief cause this really ain't no fun.

Sonny
Further up in this thread someone told of a condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. So, I Googled it and I think that's what mine is. I'll ask my doc to check them out and give me something for them. For now I'll try the damp cloth, heating pad and Epsom's salt. Anyways, thanks to whoever mentioned HS. These things are driving me crazy.
Omfg! Wtf is going on? I've always felt so gross because the same thing has been happening to me for years. Been to numerous of doctors and no answer. I shower three times daily so I know I ain't a dirty person and am only sexual with one man for past five years. I really need some help I'm sick of feeling ugly due to the fact of these unknown little problems please help.  Miss confused
So glad to find this thread. have had these 10+ years. Am 40 now, slightly over suggested weight. Docs don't help, antibiotics make it Worse! so doing my own research & log what helps. I think it can be a combination of things.  Clogged glands, bacteria, yeast, heat/moisture & constrictive clothing.  Things I have found for myself:  Tanning helps. the things def start just before cycle (hormone related) right on the underwear line.  Commando or men's boxer briefs eliminate the constrictive bind, def sleep naked for air.  at least 2 showers a day. I would prefer a bath, but I have a jet tub, & so there is fear of bacteria in the lines & that's something I don't need to aid the problem. use Alcohol wipes on bakini line in between the showering.  applying Tea Tree oil with Qtip in the a.m.  the tea tree oil is an antibacterial santizer /soother & not as drying as Benzocaine found in the BoileEase cream... Diet: low carb/ high protein, lots of greens diet, apple juice - or other antioxidant, lots of water & I like grapefruit, Exercise. I have not tested Shaving, waxing, or not shaving yet.
I've recently started getting these abscess type cysts on my vulva..  It just showed up one day and I about flipped! I'm 49, going through menopause, and have very sensitive skin,  along with psoriasis. It's kinda crazy because I've always had good skin and now it's just a mess with rashes and such..So, NOW, I get these lumps! I've had multiple lumps at the same time that u could feel if you felt real deep. I went through all the pain and such..ended up going to the doctor. He lanced it and mostly blood came out of it..very little puss.  That doctor referred me to a OBGYN who put me to sleep (thank god) and he cleaned it out..again..just blood. Now I have 2 more and I'm worried about it and why they keep coming back..I could see how menopause could be responsible because of night sweats and hot flashes, but I can't really help that unless I start taking hormones. I really don't want to do that though. Very warm EPSOM SALTS BATHS help a lot, but once the lumps open and start draining it's not a good idea to soak anymore.  You could infect it from your bathwater. I hope one day we can find out why we get these..I just try to stay clean down there, as i normally do and wear cotton undies since it helps with perspiration down there. Wearing a unscented pantyliner can help absorb excess moisture too!
finally consulted a good dermatologist,
he reckons its hormonal, the cause,
yes, make sure u air that area well..

The cause is apocrine glands swelling up- they are responsible for the unique smell of the groin & underarm sweat regions...
apply anti-bacterial ointment on its 4-5 times a day and take anti-biotics for a week to cure them off well...
squeezing is just a temporary relief from the pain - and not a permanent solution- and haven't tried it yet but turmeric shoud work- helps in drying out the blood and pus in the cyst

Hope this helps!
You guys have no idea how relieved I am to find this thread. I've had the same recurring problems with the bumps especially under my armpit and my inner thigh since I was about sixteen. I have one right now and it hurts so badly but I finally found the courage to Google it. I'm so relieved that I'm not dying lol. I had one on the back of ear (very unique place) last year and had to go to the doctor. He made a small incision, drained it and put gauze inside of it. I'm afraid of needles so I was terrified but in the end I was just relieved that the pain was gone.
I am 18 years old and have had 2 instances where i found what you all have basically described.

My first was after i stupidly gave myself a tattoo with pen ink on my leg.
The ink traveled through my blood and infected the area between my leg and other area.
It lasted for two weeks and i found out it was a Kernel.
A kind of infection much like a cyst.
With bits of drainage and running alcohol it cleared up within a week.

The second time i found something like this it was actually in the fold of my skin right next to my area.
With just a pin sized hole it slowly grew for what seemed like forever into a knot the size of a dime.
I was tempted to squeeze and put alcohol but instead i left it alone and it cleared up in a week or two.

The weight of your body can have anything to do with it because i am 5'3 and 110lbs.
I do exercise a lot and sweat just like everyone else so i try to remember to clean thoroughly right after any kind of sweating.
The swimming seemed to help mine as well and i think its a mixture of the chlorine and the cold to help numb it.

Good luck to everyone.
Just remember to always try and see a doctor if your unsure.
Messing with something you could cause more issues for yourself such as Staph another infection