Sore Breast and unsual growth in my 40s

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sore Breast and unsual growth in my 40s

I am in my mid 40s and for some reason over the past one week my breats have become so sore that I have to literally support them.  The unsual thing is, they have become even bigger and feel harder as if I am in my teenage age.  I have had a partial hystorectomy 4 years ago, still have my overies, and just can't tell what the issue is with my breast becoming so enlarged.  Just had a mamogram (mammogram) done with no problems.  Why are they so sore and growing???  Anyone experiencing this?
I'd go get my hormone levels checked.
I've never been on this before & never "tweeted" etc. I wrote a note but don't know which is the better way to contact you, so please forgive me for being redundant (and techno- ignorant). Have had same condition you're describing since mid-August '08. I've researched this over & over & you're the only person i've heard describe it in all this time. For me it feels like when breast milk comes in after having a baby, but my youngest "baby" will turn 12 in less than 2 months, so it's hard to remember exactly how it felt. Hope we can get in contact on here or by notes if I did that right & hopefully finally figure this out. (PS I hope I haven't been impolite to copy  your idea of using 65 w/ my 66--I have a really bad memory & was born in '66 so I thought it might help to remember how i logged on.
Hi, myself are searching for answers right now, I'm 47, had a partial histerectomy, still have my ovaries and I have swollen breasts for the last few weeks now, its painful, sensitive and it really feels like pregnancy, so if there is any one with good answer and/or advice, contact me, Yolanda at ***@****. Thank you
I am experiencing the very same thing at 41.  I know this post is old, but did you ever get answers?  It's the same on both sides, which makes me feel less panicky.

Any info would be so appreciated.
Same thing at 42 did you ever learn anything?
I, too am experiencing the same. Just turned 49, cycle is wacko and hormone level is above normal. The last couple of weeks my breast have increased one cup size and almost to another one. They are tender. Does anyone have an answer for this? Don't get me wrong, the growth is nice. Just wondering if this will continue or what is the explanation?
Hi. I am 48 and having same issue. I'm guessing it has to do with the whole perimenopause thing?  Using NatPro natural progesterone cream. Seems to have helped some other symptoms but no the breasts.  I am also not complaining as I was always a barely B girl, lol.  Just wondering will they stay this size, quit hurting, etc. Any input would be appreciated.
I'm 45 and going through this now, too. It's just a symptom of perimenopause that no one seems to discuss! It's awful, I'm normally a 32 DD, so you can imagine, now I'm at least a size bigger. I'm going to run out of alphabet! Here is some good info, it can be helped with Vitamin E and Oil of primrose?  http://www.healthywomen.org/content/ask-expert/1287/perimenopausal-breast-tenderness