Sore Breasts!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-347 comments:
Hello Ladies, thank you all so much for posting.  I am married and on Day 13 of my cycle.  My girls have been sore going on 4 or 5 days now.  I would attribute this to ovulation except this would be the first time and I am 34 years young as of the 2nd ;P  Any advice would be much appreciated..

G aka Tender Cans
p.s. I do not sleep on my stomach :)
I am having the SAME problem!  I am 26, there is NO way I am pregnant, my period should come any day now, and my girls are UNBELIEVABLY sore!  This has never been a problem in the past!  Idk what is going on!  I have been taking Prometrium for about 4 months now, which is a hormone and I've been taking it to treat abnormalities (precancerous condition) in the uterus.  I also would like some input on this.  I mean, I can barely touch them!  It's agonizing!  
I'm the same at the min... Not pregnant and no pain during the day when I take my bra off at night and start to relax its like whammmmm! I often hold my breasts to stop the pain, while my partner helps me by getting me a bra (only thing that helps) I wonder what this is ? X
My breasts always hurt. Regardless of wether I'm on my period. They constantly feel brusied. I wear the correct bra size and don't wear my tops to tight. I have a healthy diet and I can't work out what it is. Any suggestions
i am 23 yrs old and i have no changes in my diet or clothing i have my tubes tied and the past two months my period has been off and it usually comes the 6 th of every month and its never eregular last month it came late was not heavy but only lasted 3/4 days this month so far nothing i have a  appt 2/14/11 they feel so sore i  cant stand it anymore im  hopeing it will go away instead of manny doc apts with no answer,maybe someone will have answers.
gud day to all gusto ko lng po na malaman na nag contact po kmi ng husband ko march 17, 2011 tpos po ng period noong feb. 25 tapos my naramdaman po ako ngayon march 22 na prang masakit yong nipple ko kpag magsuot ako ng bra isa po ba ito sa mga signs na buntis ako?
I had sex about 3 and bit weeks ago and didn't use protection. I've been really tired, Eating alot more than usual and got really sore tender and heavy boobs. Could this be that i'm pregnant? I'm usually a really active person and can keep going but been really lazy lately could this also have something to do with it. I havn't taken a pregnancy test yet. is it also to early to take one? what do you think? Please come back to me with some answers. Thanks all x
anybody breastfeeding znd been taking taking nappomol when it happened. Mine feels as if my ducts are either inflamed or swollen or shrunken cos my boobs are extremely tender and stiff,. My milk feels like its stucl some how although my breasts are not engorged and tayy seems to be getting milk out of it. My bladder fells completely empty and i hav been drinking allot. I hav peed once today wit no urge to.  I realised i didnt pee all day at 9pm, peed and a little came out. To me it seems my overall fluid excretion has been affected.  
just so you all know yes sometimes if your breast are swollen and are sore it may be because you are getting your period or you may be pregnant.. but if you are all UNAWARE there are lymphnotes all over your body many in which we have in our breast.. so if you are sick or are getting sick your breast could be sore due to swollen lymphnotes. i have mono at the current time and i know this all for a fact because i was given a pregnancy test that came out negative.and all of the lymphnotes in my neck my ears breast and arm pits are swollen. so don't go freaking out right away.. and if you think you're pregnant take a test . IF YOURE OLD ENOUGH TO BUY CONDOMS YOURE OLD ENOUGH TO BUY A PREGNANCY TEST . we all have been in that position before. HOPE THIS HELPS.
I am 24 years ols and just recently been experiencing VERY sore breast... I have 3 children and i feel like im ready to lactate again... they are hard and very sensitive. I am however on an antibiotic for a bacterial infection and was wondering if that could be the reason my breast are sore?? I have been on the medicine for 3 days now... please give feedback... i am officially on a bra 24/7 even when im in bed... :(
i am 21 yrs old, my husband and i are very sexually active and only use the pull out method. In my year long marriage so far i've missed periods and than gotten them soon after, missed them a month at a time, or having my period twice a month, etc and every at home test has been negative. Both of my breasts are so sore with and without a bra. from my past experience i have to say theres no way i could be pregnant. He says he is able to control himself before ending the moment which i find hard to believe, but we've been lucky so far. Does anyone know what it could be. i am almost certain im not pregnant.
I'm 18, and I noticed for the first time last week, that when I wake up the side of my breasts hurt. both sides. very tender, especially when I touch them. I do not wear a bra to bed so that wouldn't be my problem. I am on my period now but this is the first time the pain has happened and I've had my period since I was 13. What's going on?
I have a question
Well my breast are sore the bottom of my stomach it looks swollen I have been nuase
But I got my period or idk but what you guys thiink???
Its been weeks like3 that my breast and nipples hurt rather I'm warring a bra or not,Now I'm 3days away from starting my period and they still hurt, I did take 2home PT and both were (Ng)and my husband has been leaving his semen inside me some times it'll all just come rite out and some times it stays inside ,is there another reason as to why my breast and nipple hurt so bad oh yeah and my nipples look rounder and bigger sometimes When I'm hurting really bad ,Now what scares me is if I am PG and the test were wrong I had a few beers a couple of times OMG am I worried this 3rd wk is when it really bothered me... I'm not drinking no more though I don't want nothen to my baby if I am .... Pleas HELP thanks      
It's just hormones ladies!  It could be happening for a number of reasons.  My breast have always hurt about a week before my period, and have also always increased in size.  I've been on Birth Control for 2 years (after the birth of my daughter) and they still hurt, and swell (almost a full cup size), even more so now since starting birth control.  With that said, my breat hurt like MAD when I was pregnant.  Starting 2 weeks after conception.  Fortunately I found out very early so I knew what was going on.  The hurt was different than the usual pain though.  My nipples hurt just putting a shirt over them, and they felt very heavy.  The pain could almost bring me to tears if I bumped them or if I went down stairs too fast.  I also had other symptoms just as quickly as sore breasts.  I had the best since of smell in the world (smelling mostly bad odors lol) and I got dizzy (bc of incerased blood flow) and very sleepy. As I previously mentioned all of these happended just two weeks after conception.  Every pregnancy is different tho.  Hard to tell what's going on when early pregnancy symptoms and pms symptoms are so similar.  Frusting, but you just have to wait until it's time to take a test!  Good luck!
im 18,my niples sore,i eat too much but i didn't miss any of my periods..is anything wrong?
I am 19 and i never get sore breasts. I most definately am not pregnant considering i just finished my period. When i dont bring my purse with me (which is too often) i usually stick my phone in my bra, normally on the left side. Lately i have been having sevre pains in that breast, particularily where my phone sits. It doesn't occur on the right side. Could this be because of the radio waves or what ever a cell phone emitts? Or should i get checked for breast cancer? Please help!?!?
unfortunately, i couldnt read these all, but i noticed that most of us are feeling the same thing. I'm 20 years old, have never really had a regular period and the last time i had sex was in december..i got my period january,february & march.. very heavy periods as per usual. I missed my period in april and i tend to worry about things that dont even logically make sense, so i took 2 pregnancy  tests despite my previous periods and they both came up neg. I am under a lot of stress with school and have pretty bad anxiety which i am medicated for... i was wondering if bigger boobs cause more pain, i'm a 32 DD and just recently they started hurting more.. i dont know if its becuase i fell off my horse pretty hard  the other day that they are feeling this way but it honestly feels like someone has punched my boobs... theyre sore and also feel kind of lumpy.. is something wrong with me?! and please tell me there is no way i can be pregnant..
I just had a baby and im pumpin my milk out and one of my breast really hurts and I am so cold and think im gettin a fever why can it be... Help plz
I am 36 yeats old over the past week I have severe breast pain  with walking or movement. Both breasts hurt even to look at them. I had a tubal x13 years ago so I know pregnacy is not an issue. Please help I need some relief.
I am 26 years old and I have the mirena and it is coming up on my 5 years in August. My nipples have been sore for about a week or so. I am eating a lot more and very tired. Because of the mirena i dont have my period as normal. I am wondering if the birth control i am on will be less effective since i am nearing the end of the 5 year term. I have 2 boys now and new within 2 weeks of getting pregnant with them that i was pregnant. I am not sure if i am pregnant now, doesnt feel the same. not sure what to do
hello,
i dont know what to think any more im so confused. because. im 26 yrs old and i have a 3 yr old baby, but its different with me i always know when im going to start my period cuz of my boobs hurting they hurt bout a week and a half before i start, but the crazy thing is two weeks before i missed my period and found out i was pregnant the whole time i never not once experienced tenderness round my breast, only after i gave birth, it hurt like if ther were a couple of bricks in my boobs??????
wow that really *****
the term std was change a long time ago and it is now called sti which in turn means sexually trasmitted infection. get it? "i" =infection.
I am about to turn 17 years old and me and my bf had sex a few days ago and he thinks he busted in me a lil but i wasnt really worried about it till my boobs started killin me today and theres a knot in the bottom of my stomach help me what do i do?
I have been having the same concern. My left breast is larger than the right and is heavy. Both nipples hurt bad especially the left one. The pain is on going.
i had sex on the 30th of may and my period came on the 4th of june for the normal 5 day cycle the thing is i had sex with a condom but is worrying about pre ejaculation...i did a pregnancy test out of fear that i was pregnant on the 17th of june which came out negative...today june 21 my breast nipples hurt when i touch them, i havent had any other symptom of pregnancy that i read about could i be prgnant?
I'm 16 and have 34JJ breast ,they give me backaches and my bras bruise my shoulders - apart from surgery what are my options to reduce the size and pain they cause me?
Please help!!
STI stands for Sexually Transmited Infection. vs the Disease, in STD, it is NOT a disease when you carry something transmited sexually, just an infection.
Hello can sum 1 help me iv got pain full breasts iv bin bleeding since 5 of may only jst stopt abt a week ago afta severl trips 2 doctors I feel so tired no life in me my tummy is swollen n tender iv bin sterolized in 2003 so I crnt be pregnant but me simtoms make me feel like I am iv gt a metalic taste as well done a test neg plz can sum 1 help me our as any1 gone thro wat I am and gt any answers 4 me plz plus I'm craving suger foods n I'm being fussy with other food thanku
I am 18 and for the past two days my boobs have pretty sore. My boyfriend and I have been having sex very often (almost everyday) for the past week without a condom, but it is only for a short period of time (he never releases inside me.) I know I cant be pregnant. And i am no where near my period...could it JUST be hormones? or something else????

I am so glad i found this site, becuase at least i know i am not the only one with this situation. If anyone has any ideas please share...
My right Boob hurts when I press down on it. What coyly be wrong? Also im having pains in my chest and my right side and arm.
well ineed help to n im 13 to so ireally dont know who to talk bout this n im a size 38b n its hurtting so much n ihavent go my period yet lastly n i dont know whats wrong
I am 22 and i have two kids so i know what being pregnant is like i have never had sore breast befor even brestfeeding. but for the past 3 days my breast have hurt so bad i cry at night and its not just my nipples it is all over i have large breast, 34DD so i know what growing pains are and this comes no where close i went to see my doc. and he said i was to young for a memagram (sorry bad speller) i am married and have been with him for 4years so i know its not a sti. if anyone knows what could be going on please help me!
                                                 Thank you
i have been off the depo injection now for 2 years and thought my body had got back to normal only this month no show of a period my breasts are soooooo sore and also im eating loads more than normal i also have a really high sense of smell and am so tired early i have done 2 tests both neg but why is it that i feel like this doctors dont want to help they are useless waste of time one thing i would never advise anyone to take is the depo like mixing with the devil you think your pregnent and get your head around that you may be but no just have a few weeks of testing what it feels like
i'm 16 and my right breast is rather sore its horrible, i love doing sporty things to try and keep me fit and healthy but the pain in my right breast is unbelievable its stopping me for running, jumping and other stuff. i'm a 36/8 D and i think they are way to big for my age, and i don't know whats causing it i'm on the implant but i had problems before i had the implantation inserted in my arm if you have any information that you might think what it is please email me lil-miss-luv-***@****
I read somewhere that what actually makes the breasts tender and swollen is too much water in the breast tissue. This causes the pressure and stretching of the breast tissue which causes pain. This accumulation of water, also known as water retention, also causes the bloating you may feel when you have painful swollen breasts. The root cause of this water retention is usually your hormones.  Hope this help some of you that are not pregnant :)
Hey,I have been geting sore breasts lately and you can see the vains on them,I know its not because I have had my period,because I havnt had it yet.so could it just be hormones??
Well, I'm 19 and about 6 months ago I decided to get an implant fitted. I've had about 1 (sort of) period in the last 6 months and haven't had many problems. I had a theory that maybe my boobs would hurt when it was time for me to have my period, instead of me actually having one, but they don't always hurt me and when they do, the pain only lasts for about a day and it isnt that bad - NOW, they have swollen up and are so tender and painful to touch. my ribs are also tender (dunno whether that has anything to do with it or not) but my boobs also feel quite tender. If anyone knows what it might be I'd LOVE your help! thanks :-)

Email: c-***@****
All I know is that my mom's boobs have been hurting, she hasn't told me anymore info. because I don't think she wants me to worry. She went to the doctor 4 to 5 days ago and they are gonna run some tests on her Monday, after reading all the possible reasons she could be having this problem..I feel relieved, because my mom's great -half- Aunt had breast cancer and died. I don't want that to happen to my mom so I googled other reasons this is happening. I've been so comforted to know MANY other women are having problems...and that MANY other women already know reasons for whats happening to my mom! I'm 13 years old...thanks everyone for helping and if you have other explanations for what's happening PLEASE tell me. (:
STI and STD are pretty much the same thing. STI just stands for "Sexually Transmitted Infection"
an STD is a sexually transmitted disease
An STI is a sexually transmitted infection

STI and STD are the same thing although
STI is the new term replacing STD

Hope this helps :)
Sexually Transmitted Infection
My one breast is sore and burning sensation I have a slight pain behind my shoulder blade its only for one week now...... Thank you
hey. My right side breast is so sore whenever i touch it. I am hoping to be pregnant but have been on the injection for years. i had my period 2 weeks ago and all was fine but 6 days ago my breast started hurting. i have a funny white verginal discharge and feel so tired some days. it also feels like if i have an infection in my vergina as its burning and warm.

anybody please help
your breast might also be hurting because of your activities causing ur muscles in there to tense and end up soar its like ur working them out...just a suggestion because thats what would happen to me
My breasts bother and my nipples have been hurting I haven't been sleeping on my stomach I either sleep on my back or side and I have had stomach pains on my lower stomach but I haven't gotten my period yet can anyone tell me what might b wrong
I have the exact same problem. My breasts are extremely sore all the time, constantly feel extremely heavy and very warm to the touch. I went to the docs about it and was diagnosed with fibrocystic breast disease. It's completely benign and won't do you any harm in the long run but the fact is ladies it HURTS. I feel your pain. Sometimes my partner will forget during foreplay and touch my breasts and I have to move his hand away instantly because they are so painful. Check your breasts for lumps. If you have large lumps that come and go and they feel grainy or bobbly then you probably have the same problem. If these lumps are around the outside edge of your breast towards your armpits you almost definitely have fibrocystic breast disease. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to get rid of it but here are some tips I have found help lessen the pain:
1) Avoid wearing bras where possible. I know the bra lessens the pain in the short term but in the long run it's best to stay out of them as much as possible. DO NOT WEAR BRAS IN BED.
2) Keep your breasts as cool as possible. Again I know holding them helps with the pain short term because I do it too but this will overheat your breasts and worsen the condition.
Avoid these foods and drinks as much as possible: Chocolate, vinegar, citrus, caffeine in general (including fizzy drinks) Cheese and Wine and Beer.
3) Finally, if you are on the combined pill go to the doctors and ask to switch to the mini pill. The combined pill contains estrogen - not good for fbd... but the mini pill (the POP) is the progestogen only pill. Progestogen is helpful for this condition.
I really hope my advice helps at least one person out there with this disease because believe me I know how much pain it can cause.
I have fibrocystic breast disease as well.. if you have lumpy breasts then that could be the main reason why your breasts hurt. My breasts have been hurting ever since I finished my period and my period is due in 6 more days and they feel extremely sore and heavy. So for those who have lumpy breasts thats probably the reason why!

What causes the pain? When your coming down with a cold/ just being plain sick.. hormonal changes.. (which happens all the time), and remember your mind is a extremely powerful tool.. the more you think about it.. the more the pain will increase.

For those who are too young for mammograms.. I'm 24.. and the way i monitor my lumps is through ultrasounds.. i go once a year around my physical.

For those who are extremely young and are having unprotected sex.. believe me the stress isn't worth it... get on the pill or use a condom.

Hope this helps!!

hi iam 33 years old and i have 4 kids  my tubs are tied but my breat get really sore for a day or two not sure why it is.do u have any reason fdor this
stress can cause you to miss your period, its happened to me on more than one occasion
I have been reading a couple of you ladies comments to find something similar to my situation and they are all pretty close but haven't read an accurate answer to any, I'm 25 years old I have to children my last period was October 8th and its now November 6th a couple of days ago while taking off my bra my breast were very sore on the sides (both sides by my arms) and much like some of you I had to hold up my breast for the pain to stop :-( very painful. I took two cheap ($1 store pregnancy test which both came out positive ) except I am starting to spot and bleed lightly as I would right before my period my ideal plan is to purchase a very more accurate pregnancy test such as EPT or Clear Blue, but again I'm in need some type of advice from you ladies because this has never happened to me before.
Lol, my husband and I used the "pull out method" and now I have a son. But anyway my breasts have been sore for about 3 days now. Both feel bruised and painful as heck. My period ended about 2 weeks ago and there is NO way I could be pregnant because my husband had a vasectomy. I drink 1 cup of coffee a day, no other caffeine.
i am 18 and i havn`t had sexual intercourse so i dont know why my breasts hurt there stinging really bad and thay ahve gone red is there any cream that i can put on at all please any one if you got any advice please tell me
Sti, Std... IN A BUD IS THE SAME THING! The "I" stands for infections -meaning you can get rid if them. The "D" stands for disease -meaning you can't just take an antibiotic and POOF it's gone!
Plus I've been on BC, FOREVER. And lately mine have been killing me!! When I wake up, throughout the day OUCH and they have gotten bigger? o_O but like I said I've been on BC and use protection... I'm just thinking about consulting a doctor! Might bre your best bet too!!?
I think it may just be PMS. Growing up I always had horrible PMS and now that I am older its even worse. The moment I turned 28 I started getting nausea and dry heaving a few days before and for the first few days of my period. Also I have tender swollen breasts which I NEVER had before.
I am now 48 - and I will say it was scary - It was NOT Breast Cancer for me and seemed to be "hormonal". But IF you are worried get checked with your OBGYN.
As in all things the body changes in 'cycles' I have heard every 7 yrs ...
I started my period @ 10 , Very young . Then when I got married - I was  married for 11 yrs B4 I was able to get pregnant - @ 30 yrs. old -Then it took another 6 yrs to conceive again .
so @ 36 after having my daughter ...I stopped getting my period and started my "Change of Life". Yes ...@ 36 ! Very Young for that Too ! But Somewhere along the way - I don't remember exactly - maybe after my 1st child - I Agonized with Unbelievably Sore Breasts ...The OBGYN said it was Hormonal and it happens to Alot of women. And Also - just a heads up ...I Also started getting wet from the nipples ...Almost like lactating - I used to get wet spots -(which is Weird -since I was UNAble to Breast feed my babies...) but the OBGYN said that was hormonal changes also , and eventually - both problems stopped . So "hang" in there all ...Take Care of your 'girls' . Maybe we all just try to do too much and it is our body's way of saying slow down a little ? Just an observation .
The reason I looked this up is because a healthcare aide who takes care of a family member mentioned she had this problem earlier today while we were talking. Then I saw how many comments were posted on it ! So I just threw in my 2 cents - hope it helps .
Im 17 and iv been having sore breasts for about a total of 2-3 weeks. I am also a 34 B, and i have a petite body weighing at 106lbs. I am not sexually active i am saving that for marriage, and i dont really masturbate eithr. My mom is 38 and shes just 38 B so i dont know if im growing or not but my grandmother on my dads side has 42 DD so, im quite confused. And no one in my family has ever ha any breast cancer or breast problems. And also my period is irregular. So...any idea? Please respond and thank u.
Im 18 and throught the years I would ususally get breast pain before my period. This time though I've been having breast pain for almost a month! They hurt more on some days then others. I can't be pregnant because I haven't been active and already have had my periods occur after I was active. This has never happened and I hope someone can tell me what can be the cause.
I have a few question my fiance' and I have been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half now well now my period is a day late my boobs are very..... sore and my hormones are crazy!!!!! I started crying for no reason today but I'm scared to test and get a negitive test how much longer should I wait to test????
i am a 34B and am 13 yrs. old. i don't really know anyone to talk to about it but mi breast are soar most of the time and i don't know why. mi back hurts alot and i can never get comfortable  and i  am always complaining when i sit on the couch. i never had my period though so i dont know what it is. please someone help me!
I'm 21 years old and i've noticed my boobs have gotten a lot bigger and are very sensitve. I am not pregnant and i havent had my period in about a month and a half. any ideas why this is happening?
I'm 44 have had regular sex no less than twice a week for 2 years but then my friend had to go away on business and he was gone for a week and since then about 2 weeks ago my breasts have been sooo sore.  

So we finally had sex this week and they don't hurt as much though they still hurt.  Here's the thing I have had a full hysterectomy way before I met my friend so....what's up with this??

Are my hormones still able to kick in even though I haven't any plumbing and can you get sore breasts from lack of sex?
Hi my boobs have been hurting for about 2 1/2 Weeks already. Sometimes when I take shawers.the water falling on them hurt also. Also the textures in the inside feel very hard and when touched. It hurts, I thought it was because I was gana get my perioud but no nithing does any one have an idea..?
my breasts always hurt as well. It seems to be seasonal for me. this time last year they began to hurt and they grew more than a cup size. They are constantly hurting and I have to always wear a bra. Have you had any luck with information?
I am having the same problems. Scared as ever! My god mom just passed at the age of 34 from breast cancer which has me spooked. I hv to hold my breasts when I walk also. Although my entire breasts are sore they are extremely sore and tender at the bottom. I was wondering hv you gone to the dr and if so do you mind sharing the results? Whats worse is I hv just moved to another state barely know anyone or any walk in clinics. I have to go because I could be thinking too much into it but all I'm for sure is that I'm freaking myself out! ): Any feedback is greatly needed
Hi there. So I'm not sure whether or not I'm just freaking out over nothing, but I'm not exactly sure what to think.
I'm almost positive that I'm not pregnant. Me and the boyfriend had sex right before my last period. I don't know the exact date, sometime at the end of December, so I know it's due soon. Didn't have sex again until Sunday I believe. The only thing that was different about my period (as far as I know) was that it was a lot less painful than the ones I've had in the past couple years. No backpain, no cramps.
But my breasts have been sore for a couple weeks and my boyfriend says they look bigger (I also think they feel bigger, i am a 32A), I've had loose stools once a day for the past 10 days or so, and now the past couple nights i feel nauseous and have indegestion. I haven't thrown up but it feels like I could.
My back has been hurting more-so than it usually would also, but that could be related to sleeping habbits.
Please help!
You could possibly be pregnant. I have heard many times that when you first become pregnant, you might have your period the time you expected. Try to contact your doctor.
Mine hurt like this all the time and also I had a son over 2 years ago and I can still express milk out of both! It isn't enough to pump or anything but that along with the soreness worries me..... Both things happen to both breasts....
Oh and mine hurt all the time but especially at night and in the morning and I'm a D cup
I am 22 yrs old. About a year ago my boobs started hurting really really bad. I went to the doctor they couldn't find anything. I have a 3yr old son and sometimes I still leak. I've went from a b bra to almost a d bra.. My boobs are still soooo sore and I don't know why I haven't leaked anymore milk in like the last 4 months... I just want it to stop!!!
well that was complete crap!.... "STI" means "sexually transmitted infection" like chlamydia which can be treated and will go away with a course of antibiotics. "STD" means "sexually transmitted disease" such as HIV/AIDS which will never go away. Both are dangerous and can cause infertility however, STD's are considered to be more sever.

Please everyone read with a pinch of salt not everything that you read on these sites are the word of god. If you are worried about the sensations then my best advise would be go and talk to a doctor and get a proper diagnosis... If you need help they are always the best people to go to instead instead of this new fad of self diagnosis.

Most of the pains you feel around you period are COMPLETELY normal so dont stress. If you think your pregnant then do a test. but i have found that the more i stress the more they ache.

hope this helps xx
Hello, I am 19 years old, I haven't had sex in over 4 months, I am almost due for my time of the month. Lately they have been on course, so this one should not be late, but my breasts have been hurting the last few days, but today was the worse. Even my nipples hurt. I don't have money to go to the doc so I was wondering if anyone out there new what it was. I know I am most likely over reacting but, I always like to know. This has never happened before.
I ride horses alot, could that be it to maybe?
It's basically called fibrocystic breast. It's when u take in too much caffeine an ur breasts tend to hold fluid within ur lymphatic system. I have been suffering from it since the age of 16 I am now 41 an every month for approximately 2 to 3 weeks. But I have learned a technique to make it bearable. While in bed lay on ur back raise one arm an relax. Next take ur opposite hand an u will feel big hard painful lumps. Take ur hand and counterclockwise with a little pressure make circular movement of entire breast an this will push the fluid back into your  lymphatic system an out of ur breasts. Trust me  it's a little painful at first but u will notice ur breasts pain disappearing as u rub. Repeat on other breast. Do this every time u can't bear the pain. Other than that u could cut caffeine from ur diet.
omg! you blew my mind ,lol i am going to be 40 next week and MY FREAKIN BREASTS ARE KILLING ME!!!!! ALL ON THE SIDES,THEY HURT TO THE TOUCH AND ARE HEAVY I HAVE HAD A HYSTORECTOMY AND AN ULTRASOUND. (was ok) what i never thought of is...my sex life just like stopped a couple months ago .i ALWAYS had sex on nightly or bi-nightly basis for yeeeaaars. i wonder .......are they connected? has anyone with this issue found out what it is yet???  THANKS GUYS ITS NICE TO KNOW IM NOT ALONE please give me an answer
guys can u plzz help i had jst finished goin on on ma periods and thn nxt followin week me and my boyfriend had sex and i drank the pill in the next hour then the following week my brest have bin hurting and am irritated easily, HELP!!!  
DID YOU FIND ANYTHING OUT YET? I TOO HAVE HAD VERY SORE BREASTS, BACK PAIN, HEAD ACHES, AND EATING MORE. I'M EXPECTING MY PERIOD AROUND THE 26TH.

MY BOOBS HURT MOST WHEN I TAKE MY BRA OFF, IT'S LIKE I NEED TO HOLD THEM, MAKE THEM SECURE IN ORDER FOR THEM NOT TO THROB AND FEEL LIKE THEY DO BEFORE MY MENSTRUAL CYCLE. I HAD A FEW TIMES LAST WEEK WHEN THE SMELL OF MEAT MADE ME GAG, BUT OTHER THAN THAT I HAVE HAD NO INCREASED SENCE OF SMELL.

I'M CURIOUS WHAT YOU FOUND OUT TAYLOR, AS I FEEL LIKE I MAY  BE PSYCHING MYSELF OUT.. THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!
PLEASE ANSWER. THANK YOU!
hey im 20 years old and have really saw boobs and havent had a period for 3 months im not pregnant i use to always get my periods now i dont get them at all am i still able to have children what should i do
I'm 19. My boobs hurt all the time. Not just when I'm on my period. I don't have sex, so I can't be pregnent. What else could it be? Its starting to stop me from sleeping on my stomach because it hurts to bad. :/
Hi my breast are sore at the top of my breast my period was last week I did have intercourse the day my period started( I didn't realize my period was coming until after sex) now a week later my breast are sore what do u think?
my  Brest feel so tender and am feeling so bad in my body
I'm going thru the same issue, the left one is so sore I cry and it wakes me up at night when I turn. I went to the OBG dr in tears because I swore I had cancer of the breast, she felt my breast and said there is no lumps. She sent me to get a mammogram but yet to do it because I can not even imagine doing one with this soreness. The only thing that aliviates it is Midol, even though i no longer get periods due to surgery. my co-workers told me that they had the same problem when they went thru pre-menopause or stress its due to high hormone levels. So guys try taking Midol is my best friend these days. Good luck
My girls are sore as heck. Cant be pregnant cause i've just finished my period last friday. What the heck is going on? Can anyone help?
Hi I am having the same problem but mine is kinda weird.. My breasts have been sore and hurt and swollen and when I go and take a shower I will go and wash under them and they will feel heavy and hard under them.. I'm not sure what it is. I'm only 20 about to be 21 in September. Can anyone help me with this? I keep thinking it could be breasts cancer because cancer runs in my family and my mom might have it.. Any ideas for me lady's?
You could actually have brest cancer,or leukemia if you have  lumps on your boobs. Maybe do some research and see if that could be true.
Good goodness both of mine have been so sore whether i'm getting my period or even after. For like the entire month they have been like that and their is no chance at all that i am preggers. If I take my bra off it feels worse. Then like at night I prefer to sleep on my stomach or side but I have to like sleep on my back because it feels a little better with this situation.
I wish I knew how to fix this so they aren't so sore.Then they hurt when I go running. Errr I cant stand it!
I get sore breasts sometimes too, just out of nowhere the girls will remind mebthey are still there. I usually pass it off on being a woman and go on. The older I get, the more it happens.
I am going thru the same thing right now. My bf and I use the pull out method as well. However, I had my period onh the 22nd of last month, and I am questioning now if I am pregnant. Not late, but have the most intensely sore breasts I've ever had. Hurts even when I don't touch them, and when I do, OMG!! This has been going on for 4-5 days now, and my period isn't due for another week and a half.I have been getting sick in the mornings, or off certain food, which I thought I was getting sick from the pain in my breasts . . not really sure now. My bf and I have been using the pull out method for 8 months. I'm going to take a test today, so I will let you know if the pull out method works. Idk what else could be going on with me, but I just might be prego. My body has never felt so weird. . . .
The same as std only I is for infection
Well my breast hurt esp in winter so much nt pregnancy i knw wat is it
im 19 and me and my bf have sex all the time he uses a condom though and we take pregnancy test im not pregnant and my boobs have been sore with and without a bra on its been going on for almost a week
Sti is a water infection :-)
Please help!!! i have been experiencing really bad pain in my right breast, wearing my bra hurts, to take it off hurts, just brushing my arm across iss painfull. i have the pain all the time and it feels like the whole thing is one big bruise! i am not pregnant. i had a marina coil fitted last August and had no problems with it.im really confused and very stressed about it! im married, 25 years young and have a 5yr old and 2yr old  thank you for reading!
Can you please explain to me what buying a condom and/or a pregnancy test has to do with the stories these ladies are sharing.  My suggestion is that you either find it in yourself to be positive and helpful in these forums, or just maintain silence.  We are here to support each other.  Although soreness in the breast is a common symptom of pregnancy, there are many other causes.  I found your post to be irresponsible and quite frankly juvenille...it helped in no way, other than proving that perhaps you should be on the pro-life forum.
im 22 years old and i have a question my girls are hurting really bad and i havent get my period all this month and they have been hurting for a bout one months now and i have been throwing up  like crazy the past month i went ot my doctor a few times in the last three months and i took at least three pregnancy test and they all come out not pregnant and i have been tired and hungry all the time and i have gain at least three pounds in the last 6 months could i been pregnant
im having the same problem, are you pregnant.?
Hello there You guys can call me Yume. Lately since I think about 3 days ago my breasts have started to hurt. Now I am 19 and my boyfriend and I had sex with no protection 3 days after my period ended about 3 1/2 weeks ago and my cycle is around the 23 - 28 day mark. Now I have not had any queasiness or sickness of the tummy, I have not been overly tired or eating too much lately. But one never knows everyone has different symptoms, and it is nearing the time where my period should be starting (and I'm hoping it will but a small part of me wants me to be pregnant but ya know parents don't know this and that's usually where all hell usually breaks loose.) And so far this is the first time my breast have only really started hurting only when I touch them or am laying on my stomach while on the computer (if they aren't in a bra) and so I was wondering for the sake of my boyfriend's stress and my worry that I am not pregnant and that I'm just not fully developed up top (which I'm sure most teens that hit the DD mark should have stopped developing)
I am 46 and I have been a 34aa my whole life... At age 46 I am a very full C cup approaching a D... Every month before my cycle my breast get really sore & engorged  and they remain sore throughout my cycle ...after my cycle leaves I am left with larger and fuller breast... When naked I look like I've had augmentation... My husband loves them... They are sore now and getter fuller... It's Hormones for sure.. I am 5'8" and a size 6..So weight gain is not a contributor.... Even my butt has gotten bigger like I've had butt injections... I contribute it to good healthy Sex... Lots of stimulation!... Enjoy the ride!
All I can say is mine use to hurt soo much before my periods, but I also had them hurt me for a few weeks as well. But if your very large breasted that could be the problem, I hope this helps you
ARE you sure the baby is getting milk?
The pull out does not work! while he is pulling out the sperm is going right into to you. Get A preg test!
I think your luck ran out...It does not matter what he says, the sperm is getting into you. Trust me! Your lucky to of made it this long...That's not Birth control...
Very possible you are miscarrying . But once I had a period for 3 mos. and it turn out I was 3 mos. Preg. My Boobs were huge, and hurt, that's how I found out I was Preg.Go to your Dr. that the best thing, then you know for sure what's going on..
Mine have been hurting for about a week now. im freaking out woundering if im pregnant!! The thing is I have the mirena iud so I dont know if this could be from pms!! Please help!!
hey dont know if the pain went away for u but im 25 i stopped getting my period almost a yr ago after being on the bc shot dont think im pregnant i pretty much know ive been bleedingspotting for the past month but my boobs hurt soo bad i started wearing a bra so maybe it will help im gonna make a dr appt cause i have no symptoms of preg i already have two so know what pregna what up with my boobsncy feels like
Ok ladies i need help i had my period 2 weeks ago it stoped then started again for 3 days which for me is normal due to.having the implanon? the birth control in ur arm today i wake up my nipples hurt and i feel sick wat do u think it is
I know that the post is from 06 but im needing info an I can't seen to find an answer on any Google post!!!??!! Im 45 an I have had 4 kids an had my tubes tied, so im wondering why in the heck are my boobies swelling up an getting big almost like when my milk came in when I had babies?!!!  I even have the sensation of when milk is coming down!! WTH is going on with my girls?!! Anyone having this happen? My hubby LOVES it!! Im freeking out! It hurts too!!! Help!! anyone!!?
HELP Ladies!!!  I am 64 years young and my brests are SO SORE!  Just had my Mamogram (mammogram) in April, all is well. Of course I don't have a period anymore and had a complete hysterectomey when I was 40, so I don't have any "parts". Can anyone explain why in the last 2 months my "girls" are killing me?  Thanks Ladies! :)
I have been having the same problem but just in my right boob it really hurts when I touch it, I asked my boyfriend i if he thought it was normal & he doent know it is kinda scaring me, I can't go to the doctors due to been busy but could you give me ur opinion on it please thanks
So I had my period last month. And that was the first time my boobs had been sore on the sides before my period. Now I am due for my period anyday and the sides of my boobs hurt again. I've had no other pregnancy signs though. Does this mean I'm pregnant?
Hi - I've done a lot of reading about this subject having suffered severely sore breasts before, during and long after my menstrual cycle for almost 18 months now. I spoke to a Natural Health consultant and was told that this was primarily due to lack to estrogen and to try eating LIQUORICE. I bought a thick strip and within 24 hours, I was completely out of pain. Try and find one that doesn't have too high a sugar content - Liquorice promotes the production of estrogen NATURALLY in the body. Don't overdose on it - just a strip or 2 per day until the symptoms subside. Would love to hear any feedback. TRUST ME, this worked for me, I hope it works for you.
i doubt it would be pregnancy i have had the same thing since i can remember when i was 12 i was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries it is closely related to every symptom you have discribed unregulated periods generally very heavy,  but varies everytime sometimes i am a week or even 2 late you are very moody my breasts are rediculous i cannot touch them hurts to walk to rol over in bed even,,,, i have had then ultrasounded to check for cancer an while they are very lumpy they dont believe they are cancerouos i have been told it is just something i have to endure... ps i am 19 turning 20 in feb.....
I'm 25 and in the past year my boobs have gone from a 10B to a 10DD and they hurt about a week before my period and it looks like I have had my boobs done I wasnt sure why they were growing but the only thing I could think of is that I left my boyfriend to be with someone I just connected with and he has made me so much happier Because my boobs just started growing after we got together and we do have a lot of sex too I still feel like they might grow more couldn't find much information about it but I'm not on the pill or anything.
Hy am me am 18 am a virgin...i do hav dis soreness olso but i dont tnk is STD or anytin lyk such...am rlly afrd cos is kinda painfull
yup.pregnant
so were you pregant or what?
I'm sorry, but i do not understand this comment....
Did you find out what was causing the delayed periods and tender breasts? I have been trying to conceive (mother of 3 already) and I have taken multiple HPT but always get a negative. My periods are always 28-30 days and last month I was 13 days late and it only lasted to the 16th day. This month so far I am 11 days late and as of yesterday I have been having sore breasts. Took a test this a.m and still negative. Was curious if you found a cause or not as I am pretty sure I am experiencing the same thing as you. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!  
im 16 and i hav 36 DDD bobs when i wake up in the mornings my bobs are incredibly sore i hav both tried not waring a bra and waring a bra im wandering if a certain bra would help.....ladies give me your feedback please it would help
   I had a painful breasts in the last 17 years .I did almost all the tests it comes nothing wrong with me .finally my family Doctor prescribed me  a vitamins .i followed it .it helped me .the vitamins are
;B100 Complex plus (zinc)
Calcium\Magnesium 3 times a day .
Evening Primrose oil 2 capsules a day .
and  dont forget a lot less salt.You have to try it for at least 2 months . I hope it will help.
For all you ladies out there having sex without some form of birth control please listen carefully-- you ABSOLUTELY CAN get pregnant EVEN if your partner is pulling out of you before he ejaculates. There can be sperm in the PRE-ejaculate and trust me this pre-ejaculate can get you pregnant (personal experience!) Also,  Im not presuming to know the type of man your partner is, but some men will try to assure you that they WONT release inside you-- that they're being safe, but the only SAFE sex is using a condom or some form of birth control. As the woman you need to protect yourself from STI's and unplanned pregnancy by being the last line of defense. He shouldn't get anywhere near your lady parts without following YOUR RULES. And if your unsure about ANY pain, tenderness or discomfort,  get tested, talk to a doctor or visit a women's health centre cuz these symptoms can point to many different things from simple stress or diet, to STI's or cancer. Be your biggest health advocate cuz ultimately,  you're the only person who truly has your good health at heart. Look out for yourselves ladies!
I woke up through the night with bad pains in my boobs! So I went back to sleep and checked them when I woke up, I realised my left boob was WAY bigger than my right boob, and they was both hurting.

I'm going to the doctors today hopefully they will tell me what it is
For all you ladies out there having sex without some form of birth control please listen carefully-- you ABSOLUTELY CAN get pregnant EVEN if your partner is pulling out of you before he ejaculates. There can be sperm in the PRE-ejaculate and trust me this pre- cumulative can get you pregnant (it happened to me!) Also,  Im not presuming to know the type of man your partner is, but some men will try to assure you that they WONT release inside you-all that they're being safe, but the only SAFE sex is using a condom or some form of birth control. As the woman you need to protect yourself from STI's and unplanned pregnancy by being the last line of defense. He shouldn't get anywhere near your lady parts without following YOUR RULES. And if your unsure about ANY pain, tenderness or or discomfort,  get tested, talk to a doctor or visit a women's health centre cuz these symptoms can point to many different things from simple stress or diet, to STI's or cancer. Be your biggest health advocate cuz ultimately,  you're the only person who truly has your good health at heart. Look out for yourselves!
I'm 25 years old..My period is  normal. I just woke up this morning and all of a sudden my breasts are killing. Could it be because I tried on tight bra's this morning?
I am 18 years young, not having sex and my breasts are sore. Its feels like they are brused and i dont know why. They hurt when i have a bra on and they hurt (little less) without a bra on. This has been going on for about a week now :/
For the past month my boobs have been hurting...its both boobs but its only my nipples that hurt...my last period was the 19th of dec and im pretty sure im not prego...but i have no idea why my nipples hurt so bas for this long...
Im on the pill and my breasts hurt so bad that I don't allow my bf to even touch them,  the slightest touch hurts. Idk what's going on....???
I'm 19 my last period was 1-25-13 it's 3-2-13 my boobs have been super sore for almost a week, itll be a week in 2 days and they are super swollen. I've been pretty tired lately taking naps and I cramped like a week ago but no period? I've gained 5lbs in the last two days, moody.
You might want to consider taking a pregnancy test...
Okay that makes scence, my periods are messed up. I'll bleed for like 3 weeks straight and then be off for like 2-3 days then bleed for like 4 weeks. I'm only 14 and I were a 36 c and my boobs are soooo sore. And I don't know why. I was in the pill then they switched me to the ring. Before the ring I had massive migraines! And like 2 hours I put the ring in the migraines came back! I've been to the hospital 4 times in 3 days! I've have 5 shots in the butt! And they gave me soooo much meds. I was doped up on meds. And I don't know why my boobs hurt so bad!

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!
mine have been too for 3 days now. and that is also how long i have until i start this month. all i wanna know is how i can stop it
U was on the pill last month stopped nd waitin for a period for this month not yet but have breast pain..... wut can it be
Just a hint to all ladies out there who said i cant be prego, some of you said we had sex after my period dosnt matter... sometimes an egg can still be there.. or new one drop in a strange way. it happens... some said we didn't get close to finishing before he pulls out,. pre-*** happens without a man even noticing.. not on the pill.. use a condom.. even then why not it saves you from infections. also the pull out method you might think you see your man *** after he pulls out. but once in a while there is a whole lot that comes out before he even feels close to orgasm. .. none the less don't trust pull out at all .. use protection of some kind if you don't with to get prego..
I have recently had a birth control shot and I have been having unprotected sex my bonds are tender kind of oh the heavy side and my stomach is increasing a little in size, subacute also has been really itchy from time to time could I be pregnant
Go get a blood test its the best . U can go to the health department or the hospital . sounds to me like u r . good luck hun
Std= sexually transmitted diseases
Sti= sexually transmitted infection ..I'm 13 and new that and my breast have been hurting 2 lately! :( I believe your fine unless you feel any lumps :)
What is your soy intake? Bet it's a lot more than you think.. it's in everything and can cause hormonal shifts
I forgot what the S and T stand for, but they're the same for STD and the I stands for infection.
I had a surgical abortion 8 years ago, I am now trying to concieve (conceive) with my husband he is fertile but still not getting pregnant trying for two years now. Do you think the abortion could cause infertility in me? Please tell me what you think thanks a lot.
I have had a tubal over 10 years ago so I don't think that it could be pregnancy. My breast are sore and large my stomach feels funny some days and I am gaining weight around my stomach I keep thinking maybe I am pregnant, but I have had my period for the last few months. I dont know what to think. can someone help?
i am 22 years old and i cant get pregnant and my period has been and gone but i have never had pain like this in my breasts they feel sore i cant touch them cant ware a bra i cant pick my boyfriends child up because when i lift her up my breasts hurt even more and it doing my head in now i can even lie on my side or belly please can anyone help me  
Viewing 201-347 comments: