Sore Breasts!
Hello All
I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions (besides possible pregnancy) that my breasts would be sore? They actually feel as if they are ready to fall off.
My last period was 1/16 and ended 1/21. A few nights ago, I woke up to go to the bathroom and I practically had to hold them as I walked (no bra to bed) cuz they hurt. I went back to bed and they still were sore when I woke up. I am not large (34 a/b) and they did feel less sore as the day went on but were sore again when I woke up the next day. They don't hurt as much now but kinda feel tender right along the underwire bra. It's not just one boob but both? Any ideas? Any suggestions?
I only have one thought, hormones.  Anytime your breasts hurt, that's the main culprit, especially if it's around the nipple.  I used to have the worst pain in my nipples during PMS, but now it's because of my pregnancy.  Depending on what stage you're going through in your life, I'd guess it gets stronger.  If it was only in one breast and not the other, I'd think otherwise, but my first reaction is hormones.
Here's a thought.. Maybe you are sleeping on your belly (and breasts) without realizing it. That would make them sore and you said you notice it when you wake up..
Noticed any changes like masses or tingling?? Are you SURE you aren't PREGGO!!??
Had an exam lately? Maybe you are developing Fibrocystic breasts... I have it and it can be very painful to one or both and it is worse when hormones are surging.
Or maybe you are pregnant??? Could be..
--J
You could have some sort of infection that's affecting your lymph nodes, which in turn can cause sore breasts. You may want to go and get tested for possible STI's or other infections.
do you sleep on your stomach, you may be hurting them while you sleep
Mine are really sore right now too!  Last month I was on the pill & I switched back to the ring... Now Im waiting 4 my period to show 2day but mine have been hurting for weeks!!  Id say hormones too!
Thank you for responding. I do sleep on my stomach quite often and I think I did during that time (can't recall). I honestly don't think I'm pregnant because then we'd open a new can of worms concerning the "whole pre-***/ejaculation debate" My husband and I had sex the day my period ended but he did not ejaculate inside of me. We didn't use protection and I'm not on BC. We started off using a condom and away it went after a bit. Also, I don't think I'd show pregnancy symptoms less than a week later.
I just couldnt think of any other reason besides PMS and pregnancy that the "ole girls" would be so sore. They felt better today though.
Glad you felt better today.
It is highly unlikely that you would have major pregnancy symptoms after only a week.  Also, the fact that you were just finishing your period is also a good indication that you are not pregnant.
It is probably just hormones...as I age, I notice that my body just feels weird, compared to what I felt like as a teenager.  I never could feel myself ovulate when I was a teen/early 20's, but now I'm experiencing all kinds of symptoms when I ovulate.  
I know that you're nervous..but just relax.  As you've heard many times on this forum, the more you stress, the more likely your period will be late.

Good luck--MH
Hey miss lady!
The only thing I can think of is hormones. (Or maybe God has decided to bless you with growth!) hehe, That would be the day eh?
They will get better eventually, hopefully you can get a week or two off from the soreness before it starts back up again before your period. :-)

not to be a big dope but what is an STI? ive heard of STD, but not STI?
ok, so i looked it up and its "sexually transmitted infection"
i have been with my husband for a total of 20 years and he is the only sexual partner i have had. also, what does an STI have to do with sore breasts? i didnt find anything on the website as that being a symptom. be gentle w. me..you are dealing with a self-diagnosed hypochondriac. i think after reading it all, ive developed some symptoms..LOL.
You are so crazy!) Like you said, you don't have time or energy to get an STI.LOL Seriously though, how are the girls doing?? Feeling any better yet? And have you noticed any other changes, like cysts or anything? Maybe it's time to give the ole doc a call?? TTYL--J
I doubt you caught anything from your husband, considering your long relationship. I had a close friend in highschool who had sore breasts and no period for about 3 mos. She was just sure she was pregnant. She had chlamydia and BV, and after she took the medicine, her breasts stopped hurting and her period came back. She insisted she was never pregnant, but who knows?

Also, I sleep on my belly a lot and I'm a 36DD (not trying to brag, it sucks). My breasts have never been sore because of it. Everyone's different, though.
you are so "sweet" to respond. im sorry about the cyst but how come both of your breasts would be sore? i look forward to hearing how your appt went. sounds as if you are on top of it all!
That's what I want to know, the first thing the Dr said was that there maybe an infection (because of the pain he caused when he pushed on my lymphnodes(sp)) or that maybe there was something going on with the lymphnodes. Then he sent me off for the ultrasound. Who knows whats going on because he never did give me anything for the "infection". I'm gonna make them figure it out though! :)
i am just so happy you posted! thank you and please keep in touch. my "girls" still hurt as of today??? hopefully you will be the one with the "key"
me!
hi ann,
thanks for getting back to me. yeah, my period is not late and i'm not even due for it until the end of this month. my period ended on 1/19 and my breasts became sore a few days/week later. they still are? sometimes i will feel a "sting" in the nipple area and they feel bruised on the sides and underneath (like where the wire of the bra sits). i checked them in the shower last night and didnt feel anything (lumps). again, both breasts  feel the same.
could it possibly be growing pains after ALL these years? has my time finally come? i'm 36. i dont know, i think they stop growing at 16 or something cuz i could potentially wear a training bra right now!

maybe i'm thinking about it too much? i should take a pain reliever and "call it a day"
So nice to know that I'm not the only one with issues. I think the girls at work think I'm nuts! I got a call from my doctor's office yesterday with the results of my ultrasound...I have a cyst! I thought well yeah I knew that yesterday! They told me that the Dr wanted to see me in a month. I told them no I'm coming in on Monday, that really seemed to annoy her. I don't really have any suggestions but I will stop by here after my appointment Monday and let you know if I learn anything new.
I would say though that if they keep bothering you get it checked out. Of course I've been in more pain after they checked me than before, which makes no sense to me....hope your feeling better...it sucks I know! :)
You know, the more I think about it, there are probably many different kinds of infections that could cause the lymph node swelling and breast pain. Sorry for implying that just cuz my freind had an STI, that would be your problem, too. Maybe it is some other kind of infection. I hope it's harmless. Good luck with everything.
Just one more thought.. Haven't you been sick, or had a bug in your house? These things can "settle" just about anywhere in our bodies and could have set up camp in the glands in and around your breasts. Just a thought..
--J
i went on line (www.womantowoman.com) breast health and it provided lots of reasons for breast pain. some reasons applied to me some did not but it was very informative. i think they call it Mastalgia?
also, i poked aroung the breast cancer forum and thats when i saw "sweet" post about her experience. sounded very similiar to what i am going through.
thank you all for posting..its appreciated. tough being a woman isnt it?
Still having trouble?  What's up with that?  I'll try to find you online in a little while.  Has anybody heard from Amanda today?
Well I just got back from the Doctor and she told me that I had fibercystic breasts. So I am doing more research on that now, she also found another cyst that they either missed during my ultrasound or it just popped up in the last week! Joy!
thank you for checking back..i was wondering how your appt went. it doesnt sound too bad (or else wouldnt the dr. have said something, sent you somewhere, further tests?) i posted a couple times in the breast forum so ive been flip flopping here to there. i gave the wrong website BTW ^^^^^^^. its posted in the other forum. i hope when you "learn" more about this you will let us know (layman terms of course!)
im happy you have some answers.
i mentioned to a massage therapist what that other poster in the breast cancer forum suggested (about pinched nerves in the spine area) and how that can cause breast pain when i went in for my massage today. she agreed that yes it can. it felt a lot better when she massaged my mid-back and there were lots of knots to be found. also, she massaged mt ribs (directly under my breast) and felt knots there as well. that really made them feel a lot better today but i fear that the pain will come back the more i wear the underwire bra and when im stressed!
let me know how you are doing!
I AM 30 YEARS OLD AND I HAVEN'T HAD A NORMAL PERIOD IN ABOUT 2 YEARS OR SO .IT'S LIKE I QUITE HAVING THEM...BUT ABOUT 2 DAYS AGO I CAME DOWN WITH WHAT SEEMS TO BE POISION IVY OR POISION OAK . I HAVE IT ON MY RIGHT SIDE AND THIS MORNING I WOKE UP. AND MY RIGHT BREAST HURTS AROUND THE NIPPLE. AND THE NIPPLE IS SWOLLEN. IT IS SO SORE I CAN'T EVEN TOUCH. IT TO CHECK MY BREAST IT'S GOT ME WORRIED .AND I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAD ANY ADVICE WHY ONLY ONE OF MY NIPPLES WOULD BE SWOLLEN AND SORE.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT ***@****

THANK YOU
BECBRO
Wow, I took a chance and typed 'sore breasts' in search and I found you all.
I am 46, I just finished my period, husband and I had sex.  That was about 4 days ago.  Just prior to that I notices that my breasts were sore and I too was holding them up.  They hurt underneath, on the sides.  It reminds me of when I first realized I was pregnant with our 1st child 14 years ago.  The "girls" were so sore then.  anyways, I can't be pregnant since we had sex day after my period ended AND, I am now back on the pill - found out I have endometriosis.   I know nothing is for sure, but I really cannot be pregnant.  Also, I have just had a mamo and my regular dr visit and all was fine there.  I do know I have dense breasts but they have not been noted as fibercystic breast.

wendy
I also typed in "sore breasts" and came upon this forum.  I am 26 and experiencing soreness on the sides of my breasts similar to when I was breasfeeding.  I thought it was just me but after reading some of your comments I will definitly be calling my doctor to check it out.
for the past 3 days both breasts have been VERY sore(tender to the touch) and swollen (almost a cup size bigger), im 20 yrs old had have been on birth control for the past 5 yrs, iv also be EXTREAMLY exausted lately taking a 2-4 hr nap daily, im not due for my period for another 10 days and have Never experienced anything like this before. im pretty concerned and help is GREATLY appreciated.

-Miss Mary
Hormone changes can cause sore breasts.  Hormone changes don't happen in a vacuum, but they can be caused by a number of things.  So, call your doc and go get checked.  You don't want an unexplained change in hormone levels in your life, in case it's some condition that should be addressed.  Good luck!
Hey everyone, I also wrote in 'sore breasts' and got this result. My breasts usually get sore right before I get my period and then by the end of the cycle my breasts are back to normal. I usually get my period at the end of the month, and my breats have been sore for about two weeks now, and no period yet. My boyfriend and I had sex about two weeks ago, maybe three but we stopped mid way through, there was no ejaculation, and there was also no previous ejaculation so no way pre-*** would be a factor.

Anyone have any suggestions to what might me going on? Thank you for your help!
might be going on* Sorry about that.
Last year I was having problems with not having a cycle.  So I went to my doctor and he ran test on me to conclude that I had a cyst on my left ovaries, and that was preventing me from getting pregnant.  Since then I have went through two procedures to flush my tubes and try to start my cycle over.  He prescribed me some medication that I was to take to make my cycle begin.  After my last procedure I have taken the pills only once.  After then my cycle regulated.  Six months later, though it has gone off schedule.  Last month  it was late but finally came, not this month the same thing but now my breast and nipples are sore and tender and have been this way for about a week and a half.  Could my cyst have come back, but that wouldn't explain my breast though? What could it be and how accurate are home pregnancy test?
Could my breasts be growing?  My breasts (not nipples) had been really sore a few weeks ago and I chalked it up to a new sign before my period.  But now they are sore again, and it gets worse when I take my bra off, and I'm only an A cup.  But I am now two weeks away from having my next period and they are really sore again.  And I know that I am not pregnant, tested earlier today because my ankles were also swelling.  Any ideas?
I had the same problem that you have...and i went thought the whole 9 yards my doctor put me on the medican to start my cycle and i took it it seem to work in the begaining but then it quite working..i had to go back to the doctor and get recheck you might want to go back because when you have problems like that home pregnancy test are not accurate but a blood test is...and you might want to make sure the cyst has not came back...also some woman can go into earlier menapause as earlie as there 20 and they can have the same signs...i do wish you good luck
my breasts are sore and i just had my period on 7/4 and ended 7/9. usually they get sore before my period but  they just started hurting again. i took a home pregnancy test but it was negative. i'm only an a cup and a young adult what should i think about my situation?
sorry forgot to add this in. i always use protection with my boyfriend. but lately i've been having urges to urinate could it just be a bladder infection or and early symptom of pregnancy?
I usually have sore breasts before my period(for a whole week before) and I have never had any other breast pain any other time of the month. I am not on BC, and we always use a condom. On the 11th(I was ovulating and it was really early this month) we had sex and the condom came off inside me..instantly i was concerned that I could get preg because i was OVing that day!  My breasts have hurt really bad this whole week and i feel extra tired. Is there really anyway that I could be preg? Isn't that too early to have tender breasts and preg. symptoms?  
Wow!  Must be something in the water!  On a more serious note, I too, typed in sore breasts as I feel as though they are just going to fall off and I too, carry them when walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  I used to get sore breasts just before my period but now that I am nearing my "change of life", it seems that I occassionally get sore before a period and the soreness lasts for over a month.  Today, I am actually nauseous as they hurt so badly.  I am small breasted but feel like I should bound my breasts like they used to when our milk came in after giving birth.  Here is a site that may help all of you who are suffering:   http://www.womentowomen.com/SYMbreastpain.asp
I had problems with my breasts two weeks after my last period (It ended around the 10th of August). At first, I thought I was pregnant and started worrying quite a bit. My boyfriend was also worrying with me.
And, after a few more days of soreness, they grew. They sort of "ballooned" out so to speak.
I was still worried about them. I worried myself so much that I was having fever-like symptoms. And, I had a few miserable, restless nights.
But, after talking with someone about it, I was told that it's probably nothing. So, it calmed me down a bit.
Well, it's been 9 days and they still hurt! And, I talked with the same person again. She said it's probably because my breasts are growing. It's part of the "maturation" process or whatever.
Anyway, I also did some research. And, eventhough your breasts started growing and forming when you were a teenager, they WILL grow again within a few years after you turn 20 no matter if you're pregnant or not. (I should know. I'm only 25. And, I didn't think they'd grow again. But, the "balloons" are there.)
Here is another good site: http://www.project-aware.org/Managing/Alt/sorebreasts.shtml

I was diagnosed with fiber cystic breasts over 20 years ago at the age of 25. My Naturopathic Doctor at the time recommended taking extra Vit E each day (He also advised me not to rely solely on mammograms, but to have a detailed 'hand' examination, as fiber cystic breasts are lumpy). I am now 44 years old and I find myself experiencing the daily pain so many of you have mentioned. I am going to start taking the Vit E, calcium and magnesium as recommended on the Aware website. My legs have been cramping, so I know I am already low on the calcium. Guess it had to hit the breasts for me to finally do something.

It is amazing how common this is, interesting.

I also typed 'sore breasts' into Google and found this forum...

My breasts have been sore for about four days now. Normally they hurt the week before my period, but I had my period the week of the 14th so I'm smack dab in the middle of my cycle and shouldn't have another period for at least 2 more weeks. Also, because I just had a period and am not due for my next one yet, I'm doubting my sore breasts are due to pregnancy symptoms.
The only possible explanations I've come up with for myself are: a) that the swimsuit top I wore last week was too tight-fitting (I wore it all day at the lake), or b) my breasts are sore because of intercourse. (Because of school, a new job, a new cat, my period, and my boyfriend's work/financial problems, he and I hadn't had sex for almost a month. But the flame has recently been re-lit, so to speak.)
I'm only 22 so I'm well ahead of menopause, and I'm a 34 B/C cup. I've done a self-exam and haven't felt any lumps, either. I haven't seen a doctor yet but plan on making an appointment soon if the pain persists.
As for the pain, both breasts are sore all over. There's really not one specific area that hurts. Lastly, I never sleep on my stomach because it hurts my back, so I know that's not it either.
Any ideas? Surge in hormones? Growth cycle? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Elhsa
I also typed in sore breasts and found this site.  I have had the same symptoms as alot of you, I don't have a normal cycle and havn't for a couple yrs i'm 33.  for 2 weeks now my breasts have been sore sometimes worse than other days. I just don't know if pregnancy is it with me.  I also have been extremely tired that was what i noticed first then the soreness of the breasts started.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  thanks
I have the same problem. My breasts are sore. The left one much more than the right, but at night when I take my bra off i cant turn from one side to the other cause it hurts so bad to move it. I'm 28, but have an 8 year old son. I know I am deff not pregnant, and my period isnt due for another 2 and a half weeks. It's scary!
I have really sore breasts and I didn't get my period and I don't think I am preg.  They have been hurtting for about 3 months now and I just don't know what the deal is...I am 25 so there is no way I'm still growing right?  I am a 32/B and I just got a new bra a little while ago to fit better and it does help only until I take it off and then it just hurts.  I have to hold them to go upstairs...lol:)  I sleep kind of on my stomach and but mostly on my side!!  HELP!!!!!!
wow, I found you gurls, lol...anyways, I just turned 40..for the last week, my right breat has been sore on the side..the same kind of feeling you get when you gonna start your period, but I'm 2 weeks away, and its never been sore that early....I've always been regular, never weird periods..in fact, I've always been blessed with having "no" female issues...so this is freaking me out....I'm trying to give myself a "at home" breast exam, I don't feel any lumps pr anything like that, its just uncomfortable to touch! I have an apt in about 3 weeks for my 'yearly", so I guess I'll bring it up then, if it still bothers me....I had my first mamogram last year, and they didn't see anything..but, as a woman, I'm thinking the worst, and I'm trying not to, I'm just scared....anyways, you gurls gave me alot to think about....I hope its nothing serious.....I am getting over a flu..hmmm..thanx ladies!
Hi Ladies- I guess it's a trend these days but I'm experiencing the same thing! I know I'm not pregnant and i'm not on any BC, and my period isn't due for another 2.5 weeks. I see that we are all in the same boat here and I was wondering if anyone has come to any conclusions. What could it be? I suffer from severe allergies so I was thinking that maybe I was just swollen and it went down to my breasts. If anyone heard anything from their doctors or has some insight please post. Thanks girls.
I talked to my friend that is a nurse and she said I could be drinking too much caffiene. I never thought of that. She said to slack off and see if it help. Mine have been sore for over a week now. I guess I am drinking more caffiene than normal, so I will see if that helps. Just thought I'd pass along the tip!
hmmm..... thats an interesting idea ,caffiene. never thought of that.
i just went to doctor for symptoms that are much like pregnancy:sore breasts,nausea,back ache, raised temps,missed and irregular mensus and too many to list ! but, no pregnancy ( which I knew, and thats why i was concerned it was something else and went in). I had a little larger then pea size lump in breast, i didnt think it was anything serious only because it would come and go but, there was pain was in both breasts.

Actually the lump in breast felt like when i had breastfed and would get a plugged milk duct (burning and very sensitive). The dr examined and with the length of time of that i have had these symptoms concluded that i may be in very early perimenopause and suggested I  get on bc to control my hormones and that the breast tenderness (and all other symptoms) was do to out of whack hormones.
Im only 31, so it was quite a shocker, i thought maybe cysts or something but, nope perimenopause??? who knows, i Will be getting 2nd opinion. I hope in your case its just caffiene !  seriously breast tenderness is a normal pms symptom and maybe that is what is happening 2weeks b4 period?? all the changing monthly hormones can do this to us :{  
let me know what you find out.
i an 38 about two years ago i had a partial hysterectomy i had my uterous and cervix took out.for about 3 weeks now i have such soreness inside where my nipples are and underneath.my breat is tender too! should i  be concerned or am i going thru the change ????
I slacked off on the caffiene but they're still very sore. It's been almost 2 weeks. I guess I'll make a doctors appointment next week. Hope everyone is well
It's been a week for me now. I have a doctors appt. but I couldn't get it until mid october. I don't think I can last until then. They are not only extremely sore but also very large and firm - very much like PMS symptoms but I know that can't be it.
I know that the cause is hard to determine, but does anyone have any quick fix symptom relief ideas?
ok my "girls " have been every sore for ever a week ..im about 2 weeks late on my "friend" which for the longest comes when it wants to ..sometimes i go about 6 months without it ..but my right nipple has been a lil itchy, and is sore and my left one has like a lump or something at the top also my areolas look a lil bigger..my tubes have been tied for 11 yrs ...someone please help..lol
I think Letbuglou you might not be in the change already, but might have a little hormonal imbalance.  Although, I started at 35, but had a full hysterectomy at 26.  I also have sore breasts lately, but I think it might be that I have slept on my tommy not knowing i did.  Why else? Does someone have any advice why else my breasts might be sore? really very sore? I am new in the UK and after several attempts to see a doctor, with NHS full of nonsense, to no avail. HELPPPPPPPPP
I had my period on 9/06 and stopped on 9/10 and a week later my right breast became sore and even it is still sore and swollen.My husband had a vasectomy back in 2004 and i dont know whats going on.Someone please help me !!!!!! That is the only thing going on so i know there is no pregnancy cause i had my period and then of course he had the vasectomy .
Please feel free to email me if u have any suggestions  ***@****
p e a c h e s 0 6 0 2 7 7 @ i n s i g h t b b . c o m
I found you all through google...like it seems everyone else has.

I'm 16 years old, and a 34 nearly B cup (meaning, I can walk in Walmart and buy a B or an A depending on the bra, it's very close), and I've not grown since fifth grade. Lately, like the past day and a half, I've been having INTENSE breast pain, for instance my brother asked me to take a picture with him and I ended up almost screaming in pain when I went to wrap my arm around his shoulder (raising my arm up). I usually get sore breasts when I'm pmsing, but NEVER this bad before, and it's both of them. I'm also a virgin, so uhm, unless God decided to bless me with immaculate conception, I'm definately not pregnant. My friend suggested to me that I'm growing, and the possibility is out there, but should I see a doctor? I'm thinking about going to see my school nurse...Maybe she can make a suggestion? =/
I am 19 years old, saw this when i googled sore breasts/nipples, my underneath of my breast have been very sore and my nipples are sore to touch, i have been off birth control for about 3 weeks now (recommended by doctor because it was making me sick..after taking it for so long, dont know how that works..) but just a few days ago i noticed that my nipples hurt really bad and now my lower breasts are very sore, i dont belive i am pregnant, this is the first time this has happend. I am wondering if it happens to deal with the hormones in birth control?
ok i just took a pregnancy test at the doctors and im not prego.... soooo why do they hurt..??
I'm new to this forum,  I was surfing for info in regards to D&C, still bleeding, sore breasts and going crazy trying diff. meds.  this has been going on since 4-07. had d&c 6-22-07, 1 mo w/o bleeding, started spotting 1wk, stop/start spotting still, clots, pain in abdomen, back pain an very sore breasts.  in a nut shell.  I'm 39 no kids would love to have a least 1, but who can like this!!!   help anyone have you ever had a 2nd d&c @ 3mo after the 1st d&c???  hope this makes sense.  I think I need a second op. w/ another dr.  mine's okay but I can't stand this anymore!!  
I am a 19 yr old. on borth control, have been fr 2 years... i just saw the gyno on sept 14th? i had a normal pap smear and my breasts were normal... its now the 1st of october and my nipples are sore, so sore it hurts to touch. i have one that is a whole cup size bigger than the other and i hate it and it has always been more sensitive and the one day i was sitting in class and the bigger one was rubbing the edge of the table more and it was sore so i just figured it was one of those days it was sensitive from hormones well i got home and felt them both and they were so sore it felt like they were being rubbed with snd paper or something, so i was worried i could be pregnant because lst cycle i forgot a few pills but i had had my period right before the gyno appointment. i am due for my period in a week but my nipples have never been this sore due to my period... so i took a pregnancy test, negative but then my fiances mom said I wouldnt show signs yet and i should do the test atleast 5 days beofre my period.... so we are just waiting but i dont think i could be pregnant i am almost positive i am not. I have no idea what it could be???  please help...my situation is similar to those of this forum but i just saw my doctor not even a month ago and i am due for my period... in a week
mine happend to be hormones, yet it was weird do to the fact that i never have sore breasts/nipples before, but i am worried about my friend. shes beeing having brown blood and leaking fluids out of her nipples, she said that she is having every single sign of being prego, but she has taken tests and they all say negative...she got off her period 3 weeks ago, and she keeps having regular days and then one day with straight brown blood. then the other day she was changing her bra and noticed liquid in her bra.. has anyone heard of this???
Sounds like your friend needs to see a doctor! I guess my sore breats were due to my period because now that its over my breasts arent sore anymore. But that was the worst they've ever been, even after I had my son. I hope everyone is feeling better!
H,i new to this site and found this.  My fiance and I had sex purposely without a condom every day a few times a day on day 18 of my cycle  until  day 22. I have no idea how long my luteal phase is.  My breast ALWAYS hurt a week before my period is to start and it should start on the 8th.  My breast began hurting 2 days ago  and as of today  they do not hurt at all which NEVER HAPPENS WITH MY CYCLE . I  know I should wait until the 8th to see what  happens but I was wondering if this has happend to anyone on this site who became pregnant before.  Yes I have small cramps.  So basically  I do no know when I ovulate and I know chances are extremely slim if you have sex after ovulation.  its  just my breast stopped being sore which again never happens. Suggestions?? Thanks.
i told her to see a doctor also, but i gues the doctor said they wont see her because she still has a form of blood comming out of her. I said, well obviously something is wrong.I dont know what else to tell her. My breasts/nipples were sore from hormones too, but its weird i have had a period for 5 years now and they NEVER hurt before this time. who knows. As for kimberly9, i would just wait out til the 8-10th  and see what comes to you, good luck!
i stopped taking ortho tri cyclen lo after 3 years on september 10th and i had my period september 16-20th. me and my husband have been trying to conceive and were active when i thought i was most fertile. the past few days i have had extremely sore nipples. is this due to coming off of the pill or is it possible that i could be pregnant? i have also been urinating a lot more than usual. i know that its too early to take a test, so i'm going to wait a week or two.  (im 21)
It could be both, i was on nueva ring, my doctor made me get off it til i had a regular cycle, before this period i never had sore breasts/nipples, and i found it wierd that they wore sore this time while off birthcontrol. keep trying girl, and take a test every two weeks, (i work at a medical clinic and get advice).
hey, i have a question.. Just recently like a week ago my breasts began to hurt tremendously on the outsides..  I just took a pregnancy test and it came up negative.. But i think i might have  atrack infection or yeast infection im not sure.. But it hurts to pee and my breasts hurt really bad.. what do you think it is?? and im not on BC yet..
Hello Girls.  I cannot believe how many of us there are in the world that have sore breasts!  I'm 38 years old and I just finished my period last week and it was heavy but really short.  (Only 2 days.)  My breasts have been so painful since and not only that, but also I have pain in my glutes and hips and ribs and lower back.  I took a preg. test because all the symptoms are the same as I had when I was pregnant with my 3 boys, but it was negative.  I've never really had this kind of pain in my breasts, it almost feels like it did whenever I had to emergency nurse my baby....  Anyone have any ideas????
Thanks.
Great forum! I wanted to ask I have also been having extremely sore breasts for the past 2 to 3 weeks and I have noticed that I am experiencing discomfort in my lower abdomen near my uterine area. I am going to make an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to see what is going on cause I am very concerned. I am glad I found this.
thank you for reading, and for ANY input... I have spent past week seriously emotional- AND with bi-lateral sore breasts for about 1 week since my period last ended. I had sex with my husband on the last day of my period- BELIEVING I was still menstruating... 7 days later... i spent a day nauseas and vomiting. no nausea since... but breasts very abnormally sore. I am scared TOO DEATH I am pregnant. (just b/c my husband and i are imminantly close to divorce, and we have a 2 yr old (27 months old). If I AM pregnant, I know i will deal... but 2 preg test- sofar are negative... but its only 2 weeks since my last period! (my first child was conceived- and please let this be a "warning' to ALL women out there- onthe LAST day of my period, plus he put a condemn on for the end w/ spermacide... and I STILL conceived my little miracle baby! (barring all the fights over how i must have been un-faithful!!!) I wasn't...  i know i ovulate within a week of my end of period... i am only writing b/c i cannot stop crying!!!! i am emotional. my breasts are larger and sore... and my father came to pick me up today for divorce papers for my relationship. Is there a doctor out there who can confirm psycholgical breast soreness/ self-induced hormone influence.... ? am i getting a divorce or having another child with this man????/!!!!!  i'm a healthy 34 yr old woman. no std's... no masses, LN normal size - sub/pre-scapular whatever MD's term armpit LN's=N... all else - WNL.... should i stop crying an just wait 2 weeks to find out what is going on????  and stop spending money on negative preg tests....? thank you all for experience, and knowledge....
I, too, have been experiencing sore breasts for the past couple of days and it's coinciding with an emotional roller coaster. I've just started seeing a psychologist about some issues and it has brought up a lot of painful memories, so I've been crying and depressed. So, maybe there is a connection. AND about a week ago I had protected sex with my longterm boyfriend, so it's freaking me out. It's tough and so unfair to be a woman!
Wow, it does seem very common. I found this forum naturally because I was searching online as to why my breasts are sore. Like another woman said, I never had any such PMS or obvious hormonal symptoms of my cycle until I hit age 28. Over the last few months (I'm 29 now) I will get sore breasts around the middle of my cycle and it lasts about two weeks. I don't sleep on my stomach, I'm not pregnant, no discharge, no lumps... The first few times I got soooo excited because we're trying to get pregnant. I just knew that my sore breasts meant we had conceived! However, that has not been the case. The closest thing I can find online is cystic fybroids, but my doc didn't seem to think I had them.
STI . sexually transmitted infections.

Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are infections you can get by having sex with someone who has an infection. These infections are usually passed by having vaginal intercourse, but they can also be passed through anal sex, oral sex or skin-to-skin contact. STIs can be caused by viruses or bacteria. STIs caused by viruses include hepatitis B, herpes, HIV and the human papilloma virus (HPV). STIs caused by bacteria include chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis.

Menstrual cycle - may change breast size during the cycle.
Contraceptive pill - may cause slight breast size increase.
Hormone replacement therapy - may cause slight breast size increase.
Mastitis
Gynecomastia
Breast abscess
Sexual arousal - causes breasts to swell
Lymphatic obstruction - may cause one swollen breast
Pregnancy
other causes of breast lumps, swelling, and breast pain
im 16 years of age. My breasts started to hurt today. I don't know what its from... help meeee!!
Hello everyone I am 37 and have extremely sore breasts about 2 weeks before my period.  I started seeing differences when I was in my late 20's.  First I found a lump and panicked running to the doctor for an exam and there was some tenderness at this time.  The doctor explained it was just hormones and I would find the lumps and pain before my period started.  It has happened every month since then and I have learned to deal with it.  Sometimes (like now) I actually hold my breasts alot to help and I have a 2 year old that seems to target them when there soar.  Anyways I have asked other doctors and got the same response its just increased hormones that are causing it and they do not see any problems.  I am so tired of the pain sometimes I wish they would just fall off but there dont seem to be a lot to be done about it from what I have been told.  When I was pregnant a couple years ago it was nice no pain for 9 months.  But whoa when I had him noway I would breastfeed that would be to unbareable Ithink I would pass out from pain. So those that have the lumps or pain get it checked to make sure it is not something else but more than likely it is hormones.
Ladies, it IS in the water:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19398014&BRD=1699&PAG=461&dept_id=46368&rfi=6

Sorry for the long news link, but there are hormones in water, so much so that fish and other animals are showing mixed gendered qualities.

I'm 38. Breasts are sore two weeks before my period; my children can't hug me. Early 30s, only hurt a few days and only in the mornings. Now it's all stinking day. :-P

I'm going to get a good water filter and take more vitamins, but I'm not giving up my one cup of coffee a day.

To Robin: You need support. You're fortunate to have family helping you. They'll most likely continue to help you and love your baby, if you're pregnant. (I can't imagine how you were feeling... are you okay now?)

If you're pregnant, wish to have your baby and need help, please seek a non-sectarian "crisis pregnancy" center. My Catholic parish sponsors "Gabriel Project," which gives financial, material and emotional support to moms, no questions asked.

Stay well, everyone!

Mary
I Searched "Sore Breasts" and this is what came up.
Im in dire need of help. Am 15 and my breasts are hurting like crazy, i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend of 2 years and am panicing im pregnant. My period was due 2 weeks ago and im not normally late. Im in agony but terrified to tell anyone.
Please Help Me,
Titch,.x
Im 37 years old and my breasts feel like they have been used for a punching bag.My periods have never been regular so I dont think that has anything to do with it. I had my tubes tied when my daughter was born Shes 12 now so I cant see getting pregnant after all these years.Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.
Well...it seems i did what everyone else did--searched sore breasts and came here. I'm 19 and have been dealing with irregular/painful periods for about 3 years. I've been on the pill for almost that same amount of time. BC never really worked...switched doctors multiple times trying to find the problem no success--changed my pill and the "attack style" [[for lack of better words]]. Mircette. Everything seemed to be going well and then my roomate pointed out my breasts were larger around the same time i started having pain. I hadn't noticed but I've been obsessed since. They're now about a cup size larger and SUPER sensitive/sore. i occasionally sleep on my tummy but the pain has been active for more than two months i am NOT pregnant. I dont have any caffeine intake. Could it be just the new pill? But ive been on it 5+ months....
Any ideas?
I'm 20 years old and have been on Yasmin oral contraceptive for the past 16 months or so. My last two periods I had breast tenderness, which I haven't had since starting the pill and more cramps than usual. This cycle (my period began on May 28th and ended on May 31st - I have very short periods on the pill since January) for the past two days I've been experiencing soreness in my breasts, in one more than the other. The pain isn't unbearable and it varies in intensity from time to time. I had sex with my boyfriend on May 31st, which was a few hours before I started a new pack of oral contraceptives and I always have protected sex, ie, use a condom as well as being what I consider a perfect user of BCP (no missed pills, always taken at the same time or within a 1 hour window). As such, I'm not entirely convinced I'm pregnant. I have been urinating more frequently in the past week but I suspect that may be due to a UTI.
I was initially put on BCP because I had very irregular, painful periods. I also had a corpus luteum cyst when I was much younger (about 14 or 15). Could it be a cyst? I've been having a dull pain in my lower right abdomen for the past 2 months. Please help if you can, thanks.
I am 28 and was on BC for 12 years i have now been off of it for 5 months and the past two months my breasts have been sore from ovulation until my period.  Even some nausea and regular pms symptoms for the same length of time. It takes atleast 3 months for the pill hormone to completely get out of the body.   So I am very sure that most of these issues we all are experiencing are due to hormone imbalances or fluctuating hormones as long as there are no lumps or discharge :)  Hope I helped.  Also, I have bead that stress or caffeine, or just plain worrying about it can make it worse., but i would see a doctor if you are concerned.
I am 26 yearts old and i have not had my period in about 1 1/2 i had to stop taking my bc at that time bc i kept forgetting to take my pill. I forget to take my medicine on a constant basis.  Anyway, I took a pregnancy test a week ago and the test came up negative i went to the doctor's and took a test there and it came up negative i was told htey are pretty accurate and my period may not be coming for many of reasons.  Now, I am a 32 triple d - f cup side and my boobs sag ( oh and it pretty ) well i have been wearing new bras that i bought that push my puppies so i twas wondering if that is the reason.  They are sore on the side and on top right where your breasts form.  I am taking anothr preg test again tonight but I am wondering do any of you think i can be pregnant????
PLEASE HELP I AM SO STRESSED OVER THIS

Your all in my prayers and I hope this works out for all of you
Have a wonderful day and thank you for whatever input you could possibly give me

it may just be from the inconsistancy you had taking ur pill.
it could really easily throw off ur body
plus...stress can mess with it too...from what i hear it takes a while for it to get back to normal..
i hope i helped at least a little~!
I'm a young adult (18) and my breast have been sore for about three weeks now. My period is a week late, but there is no way i am pregnant because I have never had sex. I'm a little worried because it has been three weeks and no relief and no period. I've been irregular since I first started my period four years ago... so I'm not usually worried about a late or missing period but withthe soreness...any ideas as to why I would be sore would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!
I have been on the NuvaRing for about 9 months. I love it! This last time, I didn't get to pick it up on time so I wound up putting the ring in about a week late. I should have put it in on the 5th (the last day of my period) but I didn't get to until the 12th. :-( So now for the past 6 days I have had super, insane sore breasts. They are so dense and full now. Even my nipples hurt. I am just wondering if it is because I was late putting the ring in. I have never done that before. I think my body may be confused or something.
I went to my doctor about sore breast and she said that this can be the cause of caffieine and or hormones. I am 40 years old and have had a history of depression not severe - just hereditary. My doctor put me on Zoloft an antidepressent and the soreness of my breasts went away.  Just thought I would add this to the forum hoping it might help someone out.
I'm 41 and I had a hysterectomy last year.  My breasts are extremely sore and driving me crazy.  I take Effexor & Metformin.  If it's hormones, what do you do for that?
First I must let you all know that I am a man and I am here because my wife who who does not speak English has sore breasts, so I thought I'd go on the net to do some research. That's when I came across this forum. I don't know if I should tell her it's her hormones or get a pregnancy test. Hmm... I still ponder.

she took the "day after" pill a couple of days ago, could that have anything to do with the soreness?
The day after pill is a high dose hormone pill, so she could have pain in her breasts from that. But, there is a chance that she still conceived, since the morning after pill is only 75% effective... Buy a test and have her take it if she ends up being late to start her menstral period...then you will know if it was meant to be or not...
I heave read all this talk about hurting breasts but i am curious. I have never had a problem with mine hurting at anytime, period or no period. But for the past couple months they have stayed sore. I dont know what the deal is. I had to take a preg test last month at the doctor to restart my bc and it was neg so i know that cant be it. I'm a b cup so its not like im carrying around to much but if i dont keep a bra on the pain is so bad. As long as i keep a bra on its okay though. Anyone have any advice.
I read everything you guys was talking about sore breasts..im wondering  because mine have been hurting lately, VERY tender..and iv takin a couple pregnancy tests. all came out negative, so it could possibly just be hormones? im planning on going to the doctors..but i thought id check this out 1st, to give me an idea what might be my problem. im only a b cup..but for the past week it seems they have gotten a bit bigger..almost popin out of my bra =|  anyone had this problem??
1- it could be from birth control-it caused that for me!

2- it could be a thyroid problem-have it checked.

Good luck to all

"selma"
for me it cudnt be birth control, iv never used it in my life =S
Then I would have ur thyroid checked.....it does involve hormones and could cause some of the symptoms mentioned.

Good luck
"selma"
hi every one this is my first time to post ... i really liked this site..
actually im a heavy coffee drinker i have like almost 10 cups a day.. so i was a bit worried about the risks of caffein i heard that it causes cancer and lots of stuff..its harmful...i looked through the website..and
i came to a point where it says sore breasts.. caffein do causes sore breasts... i think its also the diet that we consume effects our breasts... what do u all think?
hello, ive been reading sum of the following statements above and i recently come across the same problems as some of the individuals above. iv come across having sore breasts, not jus one but both. it feels like the're bused and its not fun. it all started after my "hell weeks" finished....(two weeks of crazy workouts from 7pm to 4am) ive also had a much much lighter period during all this.  i had a good solid period rite before, and now i think im late for my next.....ive been really bad when keeping track, i kinda jus follow my moms because we are always together.
anyways.....could any of this be a result to putting my body through this harsh workout or should i have sumthing to worry about?
I, too, did a search on the internet for  "sore breasts" and was sent to this forum. For the past two weeks I have been having sore breats and I do not know why. Just like some of you, who have had children, with my first pregnancy with my twins, I had sore breats then and it feels just like it. I have not yet missed my period and I was on progesterone pills for the month of November and December. I suffered a miscarriage last year, which caused my period to become irregular. However, there are many who think that I am pregnant. What else besides hormone changes and pregnancy cause this issue?

I am 16, and I did NOT have sex. I fooled around with my boyfriend, but no sex. Now my breasts are sore 2 weeks later. My period isn't due for another 10 days... but my breasts hurt, and seem bigger. and now i'm really scared that i could be pregnant. Would my breasts already be sore and bigger after just 2 weeks?
You didn't have sex, you're not pregnant.
"Pulling out" or not ejaculating inside is NOT a good form of birth control!!!  Sperm leaks out the entire time the male is aroused.  Sperm travels as well.  
guess what??  u guessed it, sore breasts!!  woohoo!!  ok lets be serious, here is my problem.  i'm 28 years old and have had a hysterectomy and  the last month my breasts have been super sore.  i too have to hold them when not wearing a bra.  i do sleep on my stomach but always have and its never caused a problem before.  i usually became sore a week before my cycle and stayed sore till i started, but i don't have a cycle anymore so i don't know why they are sore now.  i check them on a regular basis and i do have masses, but they have always been there but they are becoming sore.  suggestions???
Hey I am so glad I found you guys, I was worried I was alone. Um I have suffered from pretty bad Endometriosis since i was 14 and i have had a very un normal period ever since. Just this last year I hadn't seen my "aunt flow" for almost 2 and a half years untill a few weeks ago and now I am on day 4 of VERY VERY VERY sore breasts, even the nipples they seem like they are always hard. And when I am not wearing a bra it gets even worse....Have any ideas?
Just wandering around looking for solutions, too.  
Maybe this will help all of us.  I know that my need for various vitamins changes based on stress and stuff, so if my diet doesn't make up for it, maybe there is a deficit.  so I found this.  I m going to try it, I hope it helps.  I am 47 unemployed and under stress, and have been told to take both Bs and more calcium / magnesium by MDs.  (I had recently been slacking off.)  Good luck all!

Calcium and magnesium levels may be low when women experience sore breasts. Women who consume at least 1,300 mg of calcium daily from dietary sources (or who consume calcium supplements balanced with magnesium) often have less breast tenderness. It is generally recommended that a postmenopausal woman consume at least 1,500 mg of calcium. While both magnesium and phosphorus work together with calcium in the body, too much of either interferes with calcium, and a 2:1 ratio of calcium:magnesium is considered desirable. Also, the addition of a vitamin B complex is believed to help sore breasts.31
I'm 20. My breasts are really sore when I push down on them and they are also hurting right now. My period is supposed to be coming either this week or the beginning of next, and I know sore breasts can occur before a period, but I've never had sore breasts with any of my periods before. I've also been having lower back pain, around the kidney area, and my urethra was hurting a 3 days ago. I also threw up all night about 4 nights ago and I'm feeling nauseated right now. I've never had sex. The last time I saw my boyfriend was Feb 14 and a miniscule amount of sperm seeped thru his boxers while I was on top of him, but I was fully dressed and wearing pajama pants so I don't see how it could have reached me. Could that make you pregnant? My chest is really starting to bother me, I can't go to see the doctor, I don't have the time. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with me? This pain is really starting to get bothersome. I really don't want to tell my boyfriend about it because I feel its too personal and don't want him to know. I just don't want to go thru this pain alone. I'm really starting to worry.
I really dont know if you can get pregnant from vagina-sperm soaked underwear. However, I do know that sperm, for the most part, can live in open air for about 20 minutes. I would tell you to take care of yourself until you get your period because you want to be cautious just-in-case! If you get your period that's wonderful, but please remember to relax because worrying about it will only delay a menstrual cycle. I know what you are going through with the sore breasts- I'm hoping I am pregnant! Keep me updated and good luck with your boobies! :)
So just like a bunch of other girls, I did the search and found this forum. Thanks oceans for starting it!

My boobs have been hurting for a few days now, sometimes so bad it hurts to walk, especially down stairs, and I can't even touch them. Similar to others, it's the underside of my boobs that hurt, right where the wire sits, as well as my nipples. My right nipple feels almost itchy-sore, if that makes sense, kind of like when a wisdom tooth comes out, it hurts but you can't leave it alone, it's just... there. I also noticed that my left breast has grown somewhat, pointed out by my boyfriend last weekend. After he pointed that out, they started hurting. At first I thought it was due to all the sex (we hadn't seen each other in 3 months), and he really likes to latch on sometimess. I'm not on any BC, condoms don't last long with us, but he always pulls out before ejaculation. However, I'm now right in the middle of my cycle, shouldn't be having my period for another 2 weeks. I usually get tender boobs 5-7 days before my period, so 2 weeks is a bit of a surprise for me. They also haven't hurt this much before. I'm small, 32B-34A, they both fit, but I definitely feel some jiggle when I walk which I never did before, and I have to hold them too at night.

Reading all your posts, girls, has really helped me, and definitely calmed me down from thinking "pregnant!" straight off the bat. I'm 22, so I guess a growth spurt isn't out of the question going by what others have said. I haven't had a mammo ever, or even a boobie check up of any kind with a dr. Looking at getting an appointment though if the pain carries on till next weekend.
This is a great site!  Thanks Google!

I am 48.  Several years ago I endured pain and itching of my breasts for a few years.  It was particularly bad around the nipples. I didn't want them touched.  Drs didn't seem to be able to do anything about it.  After hearing that antiperspirant can cause breast problems, I went cold turkey.  Noticed improvement within 3 months.  Have used only deodorant for the past 2-3 years and the girls have been  much better.  This month though they have 'inflamed."  I'm premenopausal so hoping it's hormones and will go away soon.

Good luck to all!  It's hard to explain how uncomfortable this is!
I am glad that i stumbeled upon this site.  I too have very sore breasts, they feel bruised and swolen, and warm. This is usuall not the case during my cycle.  My husband and i are trying to get pregnant, we have been trying for several years.  I have been tracking my ovulation and i want to be excited but everytime i get over excited, i take a test and get dissapointed.  I am due for my period next sunday 4/4/09. Do i wait or go ahead and keep taking test until i get my period?
i just have to say it: i typed in sore breasts as well, and here's where i ended up...

i'm only 17...i know i'm going to sound like such an idiot among you all, but here it goes...

i ended my last period on march 21st-22nd, i had sex on march 27th. i was an idiot and used the "pull-out" method...(never again)...i'm really ashamed of myself so no need to poke, i'm begging you.

anyhow, i was on a birth control shot that messed around with a bunch of things so i stopped cold turkey a couple months ago. literally the day after the sex, my breasts started to hurt. it's a sore, heavy feeling, and the pain's mainly around the nipples. a couple days later i noticed i was also urinating more frequently, literally up to 12 times a day. also, i was incredibly tired the whole week after the sex with no explanation, but was back to normal as of monday.

those are my only symptoms...i can't take a test until at least the end of this month...does it seem like it's all in my head, or does anyone think i could actually be pregnant with signs this early...?
im 21 years old and for the last 2 years my breasts have been really sore.  Im not too sure why, but lately its getting worse.  Its mostly in my right breast, and most times I cant even touch them with out flinching b/c of the pain.  The pain is like a sharp burning pain.  Any suggestions...
BOTH MY BREASTS ARE REAL SORE IV BEEN WITH SORE BREAST FOR A BOUT A WEEK NOW AN HAVE  NON STOP PAIN THEY FEEL SOO HEAVY AN  HEART SO MUCH   .THE LAST TIME I HAD THIS PAIN WAS WHEN I WAS PREGNANT LAST YEAR BUT IV BEEN HAVING PROTECTION WE USE CONDOMS   BUT STILL THINK I MAY BE PREGNANT MY PERIODS COMES ONE MONTH AN THEN THE NEXT MONTH  I WONT GET IT I I DONT NOW WHAT TO THINK  RITE NOW  (WHAT DO I DO )  (ANY1 DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT    TO MY G.Y.N  OR DO I WAIT ONE MORE WEEK  ...........
i hd sex wid my bf on 8th day of my cycle was woried if i was pregnant i took hpt thrice( 2 b4 my due date for periods n 1 after i had that bleeding) n each time it came out to be negative i had vaginal bleeding just on the ryt date( usual periods) but the flow was lyt so i m confused if it was spottin n now after 40 days of intercourse and around my ovulation period i m havin sore breast n they r quite painful. i used to hav sore breast but its a lnd time ago in the very beginin and now i m woryd if hpt gave a rong result n i m just 17 so cant aproach my parents for this they wud kill me plssssss help me
hey no one to anser ????
I would go to the doctor then and get a blood test. If the hpt didn't work all those times, and you still haven't gotten your period, best to see a doctor. You should be able to do the pregnancy blood test without a parent/guardian (I'm not american, I don't know if there's a rule or something about minors doing that test). If you're really scared about it all, look for a crisis center that deals with teen pregnancies. Even if you're not pregnant, they can still help you out, even if it's just talking about it. They're all trained people who know how to deal with these situations, so you have nothing to fear from them.
Just don't freak out about it all (easier said than done, right?), that could be delaying your period as well. Just go on with your life as well as you can, not stressing too much, getting enough sleep etc. As for the sore breasts.... I had that too a few years ago, totally missed my period twice in a row, but everything was fine.
You'll be okay, no matter what happens :)
hey thanx
but i got my periods or bleeding on time actually the flow was lighter than my normal one but it was there for 6 days the usual time just the thing is that the flow was lighter thats why i am worried
Hmm, then I would definitely go to the doctor. Even if all you hear from him/her is a "you're fine, don't worry about it, go home", at least you know what's up. Better safe than sorry =)
thanks i wud surely consult a doc
Sore breasts!! I am 40 yrs old I have had sore breasts 1 to 2 weeks leading up to my period since the age of 17, they grow a cup size each time also, I have a B cup bra and also a C cup bra, this is normal hormonal changes, when I was pregnant it also happened except alot more tender and continued to grow in cup size lol infact 2 cup sizes.
Hi Guys,
My last period started on 19th of June. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on 3rd July and 5th July. My breasts are hurting all day everyday since about 10 July. I have taken several pergnancy tests - however all negative. My period is due in a couple of days. Could the soreness be the period coming? I do feel different and my breasts never this sore.

Please help!
I have to say that I am going thru the same thing. My breast have been sore fore two weeks now and they feel like they want to fall off. I were a 38F and this pain is crazy. I know I am not pregant, hell I cant even have kids and never had them. I dont have an uterus anymore. I am 31 and I would like to know what the deal is too? I have the stinging, they feel hot, and they leak clear fuild and I don't know why. But I finally got in on a dr. appt on the 5th I will get back to you then on what my dr tells me.
I am kinda in the same boat as a lot of the girls here. Both of my breast are very sore. The whole boob. Some spots are worse then others but the whole thing is sore. I know I am not pregnant. Also what gets to me is that sometimes durning sex I have been really sensitive. Kinda sore but not that bad. Some days it is almost everything around the area and others it is just on the inside. I am turning 21 in less then a month and I was just wondering what could be going on. I don't have insurance so I am trying not to go to the doc. My breast have been sore for going on 3 to 4 weeks now. It is everyday. Some days it is worse then others but they are always sore. Any ideas?
Thanks for sharing your symptoms :) In some strange way, seeing how common this is makes me feel a little less crazy.

I'm 34. I just had my period two weeks ago and protected sex a couple days after my period (realistically too early to become pregnant). After my period my girls became swollen (a full additional cup size) and tender. It has now been 2 weeks and my girls have only got worse. I assume, from researching this on the web and speaking to my girlfriends that this could be a natural hormonal imbalance or an infection. However, I also acknowledge that there are many other causes thereby making it difficult to self diagnose. The pain, swelling and the unknown has become unbearable. I have an appointment with the doc tomorrow after which I will share my results.

Keep in mind, because there is so many different causes, I strongly recommend seeing a doctor sooner than later. :)
Im only 21 years old and i am on the depo. I was recently late for my jab and started spotting , since i dont get my period on the jab this usually means im going to get my monthly, i went to the doc's and got my depo I stopped spotting a few hours later. Only to wake up the next day with really sore breasts. Usually first thing in the morning and when running around or when being touched or when my son lyes on them. Otherwise i dont notice. The pain is more on the top of my breast and in line with under my arm. Its nowbeen 2 weeks and still have it. Shouldnt be any possibiltiy of preganacy.., can anyone please help????
Well hello ladies! I'm 26 and am going through exactly the same thing. I've had irregular periods ever since day one. I had my last period on 7/12 and it lasted it's normal 5 days. On the very last day I did have unprotected sex, but there was no internal ejaculation. I have now had sore breasts for the past 3 weeks and cannot understand what is going on. I've had some slight cramping, but it's not every day and it's not unbearable pain. I haven't experienced any fatigue that didn't feel normal, no nausea. I did have some spotting and even had a little tiny bit of blood, but knew it was too early for my actual period. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. I visited my gyn on the first of this month and had testing done for std's. The tests were negative. I've started a new birth control pill early before my period, so I'm thinking it could be delaying when I actually get it. I'm just really hoping all of this is hormones! It certainly does feel good not to be going through this alone!
The only reason for this is hormonal changes and an imbalance of estrogens. You need to produce more progesterone. Eating broccoli, others greens, NO soy, no coffee or chocolate, less meats, and less dairy will help ease the pain and help. Chinese herbs such as false unicorn, chasteberry, and raspberry leaf tea help balance the female reproductive system and help with other female ailments as well.

It is not from STI's, or sleeping on you tummy. I had suffered from breast pain for so long until I finally took charge and ate healthy. Stay away from transfats, too. VERY bad for you.
I'm going to say it's your hormones. Last month I experienced breast soreness-some days extremely painful and others not so much- for a week and a half before I started my period all the way until a week after I stopped my period. Then it went away and the next month I went back to having the normal breast tenderness a week before my period and it stopped.
I have the same symptoms of alot you do. Both my breasts hurt so bad they get hard and feel like i have 2 ton bells on both of them. If I remove my bra it feels like they are going to fall off. I know i'm not pregnant this has gone on for 2-3 yrs. Every month. So i asked the doctor and they said hormones. IDK about all of that. I talked to another doctor and they said to ice them and take some midol if its close to that time of the month. They also said they were not sure what the problem could be they were going to research it a bit. Does anyone know anything different.
one of my breasts is sore--on the to and side near my arm pit--not pregnant, not due for my menstrual--wonder what's going on.  Any thoughts?
For the last 3 months my right breast is sore to the right of it, and under it there is a lump. During my periods the soreness goes away a little bit, but the lump is still there. After my periods the tenderness come back. It is tender to the touch. Any one else with the same thing or can anyone shed any light on the matter???????
I have also had a lump that was painful to the touch.  the dr. did a sono to test it, and said it is just a cyst (just a cyst right)  It has been painful off and on for 6 months now.  Dr had me stop drinking caffein and that is helping a lot.  Right now both my breasts feel like they were hit with baseball bats and they are now being pulled on.  I have founda  heating pad helps both the soreness from the lump as well as the general soreness I am feeling now.  Dr said that pretty much anything can affect the breasts,  stress, hormones, caffeine etc.  BUT beacuse there is a lump I would have it checked out. Rather be safe.
oooooh us ladys have a tough life lol...Also i have sore boobs 2 i have had 2 misscarages this year do u think it could be anything to do with this?? or do u think i could be preg again?? i took a test 3 days ago and it was negetave? is it worth taking another 1? x
Hi Adele, sorry to hear about the miscarriages.  Us ladies deal with so much!  UGH!  LOL  You know, about 5 years ago my boobs were hurting soooooooooo baaaad! I could not even wear a shirt or a bra, so I walked around the house holding my chunkies up gently.  (daughter calls them chunkies!)  lol  I thought I was pregnant, I would have bet my life on it!  But you know what?  After a good week or so of dealing with super sensitive painful boobs, I was taking a hot shower and washing my chunkies, then one SQUIRTED and the pain was eased!  So I just gently "milked" myself and after a good 45 min and super sore nipples, all the pain was gone.  I was engorged.  It has never happened again since, but I have also been "cleaning out" my nipples by pinching them between my fingers every couple of weeks or so.  They have stuff come out similar to an ear piercing, the white stuff from if you don't wear earings for a while.  I hope this helps.

By the way, if you still believe you may be preggos... definatly go to the dr since you have already had a couple miscarriages.  I have had 1 MC and 2 premature babies.  So give yourself the benefit of the doubt and check anyways.  

TOODLES!  

Roni
Please help!!! Im 26 years old and I just got my period three weeks ago. before my period I feel sore and heaviness on my "breasts" and I know that it is normal. So after my period, my breasts still hurts, it feels heavy and very uncomfortable. I am not pregnant for sure because I just had my period. For the first week, i feel like someone is pinching my brests and I thought that maybe its because of my bra or my shirt is too tight, but also I tried not wearing a bra for 2 days, I don't feel the pinching anymore but my breasts still heavy and sore, and when I woke up this morning my lower back hurts too. Please help I am so scared, I do not have health insurance as well. I don't know whyat to do or what to think at this point. Is it possible that my breasts are getting bigger at my age? Btw, my cup size is 36C and almost everyday I drink iced coffee.