Sore Breasts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sore Breasts

I actually have 2 questions.. The first is, I had a copper IUD placed about 8 months ago, I am supposed to check for the string every month to make sure its still there. Well last time I checked I noticed that the string got a lot longer than it was last month.. Is that supposed to happen???
My second question is, My breasts are really sore. This happens sometimes with me when im about to start my period but im not due to start for another week and a half?? I dont think im pregnant cause my last period was on August 3rd and I have an IUD. Why would my breasts be so sore when its not time for my period?????
If your IUD is not in place properly hence the string is lower down then usual then it may not be doing it's job and can therefore mean you may very well be able to fall pregnant. Do a test or go to a dr to get one done. If you have fallen pregnant then perhaps the IUD is dislodging as a result. I don't know for sure as I've never had one but I'm just trying to think what could be going on. Either way see your dr as soon as you can because if you are pregnant and the IUD is still in tact in some way it could cause serious complications for you and the pregnancy.
My period started on Aug 5th and I had sex on 18th, right around the time I would have ovulated. My breasts are sooooo sore I can't beleive it and I have massive cramping. I too just started birth control pills.......so how could I be prego but like the poster before said ya never know.....I am not due to start until the 3rd of September.....I am going to wait until Sunday to test........let me know what you figure out.
4I have a question, or a problem..... my breast have been sore for 4 months now..... im only 32 they hurt to the point that it hurts to hug my husband or kids..... I've been to the dr. And nothing they push it off on my period.... they have been sore n now swollen bout half a cup size..... im very small chested n have checked for lumps, nothing that not spose to b there, so any one have any suggestions?