Sore Nipple
I am a healthy 23 year old and i am experiencing a VERY sore and red nipple. I have read a bunch of posts about sore nipples and two things: cancer and pregnancy.

What i am asking is if there is something else it could be? My nipple is very red and swollen, and at the tip it is white, but there is no discharge.

It has been sore for the last few days but got much worse today. It is only one breast the other is fine.

Please help.
I would make an apointment to see the Dr. i had that when i was nursing my son and it was mastitis I think which I believe is a clogged milk duct, but i was nursing. since you didn't mention that, i would'nt know if it would be the same thing. Anyway, they gave me antibiotics for it, and it helped.
No babies yet, so i dont think thats it.
Well there is the other possibility you mentioned.  Could you
be pregnant?  Maybe you should think about using an HPT.
I still think you should go to the doctor.  It could be some
kind of infection due to rough foreplay perhaps?
You don't have to be nursing to have an infected milk duct as they are always present. It does sound like an infection and you should see you Gyn for a breast exam. Anytime you notice something odd or unusual in one and not the other is usually something to check into. Another possibility is Fibrocystic Breast Disease which can be a painful ordeal. But is NOT cancerous. So yeah, there are many possibilities other than just pregnancy or cancer. The only way to know for sure is to see your doc, and I wouldn't put this off. Better to be safe than sorry.
--J
I have actually noticed the same problem. However, mine is in both nipples. They kind of have what looks to be like a irritated rash around them and I did notice white at the tip also. If you find out the problem please post and let me know the results, I'm worried. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.