Sore breasts week after Mammogram
Hi!  Last week I had a mammogram. I am have small breasts and the tech really had to pull at my breast to take the pictures.  She even made a comment of how hard it is to get a good picture when you are small.
The area between my breast is very sore to the touch.  Could this be from the way she had to pull on my breast to get it in between the plates on the machine.  How long should I wait before I get this checked out.  Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks Gail
Hi, I just had one on thursday,last week and I too have had sore breast and I think it just the way they handle your breast and how hard they bring the plate down on them. I'm not small, but I'm not big and she did my breast the same way. I would think this comes along with the mammogram, but if it does not go away before long , I would call my Doctor.

Karen
Yes, with smaller breasts they do have to pull and arrange things a bit more. I have "doorbells" and it's a challenge for them. Plus, if you're younger, the tissue is still more dense and they have trouble flattening the breast enough to get clear pictures, especially along the edges. I usually have to have a few extras taken. It's not unusual for me to have some bruises after a mammo but they go away. I guess it's better than having foot long pancakes.