Soreness after period

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Soreness after period

Hi, this is my first time posting.  I hadn't thought of listing a question until now. But for a while now, right after my period its kinda sore below like I am overly dry below feeling, if that makes any sense?  But I use pads and not tampoons due to the fact it hurts to use them.  I have been to a doctor and stuff.  Last time I had a yeast infection but I also had other symptoms involved.  This hasn't went away.  So I am kind of curious if anyone else has the same problem?  Or maybe you have an idea of what it might be?  It just sore afterwards.  Nothing else.
Avatar n tn
Do you mean you feel dry & sore in general? or is it related to something such as intercourse? Just trying to get a little more info.
Avatar n tn
I mean yeah it would be a little more dryer than usual...now that I think about it.  But I haven't had sex in a while so I know its not sex related as far as doing it with someone.  It's right after my period...and I still have a little spotting so I am still wearing pads just in case...maybe that's related to it? Friction?  Possibly absorbing everything?
Avatar n tn
it could be from the pads you are using, when I used to use walmart brand or always with the "dry-weave" top layer, it chaffed, so I switched to Kotex, which have a cotton-like top layer. Always now has a cotton-like top layer, maybe you could try switching the brand of pads you use
Avatar n tn
I agree with Adevotee. I use tampons now, but I remember the dryness with the pads. Maybe try a different brand. Also, now that I think about it, when my flow is very, very light and I am still using tampons it is a lot drier than normal. Maybe it does have to do with absorption. In which case, I think it is normal. Hope this helps.
Avatar n tn
I had this too and changed the type of pad I used and it stopped.
einaej added the Exercise Tracker
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Aug 23
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals