Sores on Vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sores on Vagina

I have sores on my vagina i went to the doctor and tested negative for hpv and herpes. I don't know how to get rid of it or even what they are but it looks really bad down there.
What do the sores look like?  Blisters, papercuts, tears ??
Do you know that about a year after my husband and I got married, I had the same thing happen to me. I My husband and I had every test under the sun with different docters and every thing was normal. What they did tell us is that if you have sex and you are extremlly dry that the rubbing can cause blisters that come up. This was about 12 years ago and we have never had this happen to us again. When I feel that I am dry, sorry if this is TMI, then I use lotion when we are doing are thing.
They look like blisters and my husband is very large so maybe that is it and it will just go away it just hurts so bad.
did they do a blood test for herpes? that should be pretty accurate
when you went into the dr and was tested for herpes, did you have the blisters then? i think they can only test if a blister is present so they can take a sample of the substance. honestly, it sounds like herpes. i would go in asap/like,now and ask to be re-tested for herpes now that those blisters are there.
You can get a herpes select blood test for types 1 & 2.  Honestly, when you culture the "sore" it's not always accurate in telling you whether it's actually herpes or not.  (i.e., too much time may have gone by.)  You must culture the "sore" w/in 24 hours of its appearance.  At this point, I would get the blood test a.s.a.p. b/c I agree it could be herpes.