Women's Health Community
Spotting 5 days AFTER period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spotting 5 days AFTER period

Ok, I just finished my period 5 days ago.  But now today, I noticed I was spotting.  First just some brown blood and then RED blood, but hardley any.  I"ve never been pregnant before and this has also never happened before.  I have been on the same BC for 3 years, no changes.  I'm just really concerned that I might be pregnant.  And I also don't know how long I should wait before taking a test.  HELP!!!!
Thanks for takin the time to read this! Any info will help!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If you just finished your withdrawal bleed and it was on scheduled time, you are not pregnant. Women on the pill do not bleed if pregnant. The rising progesterone during pregnancy would cancel out the drop in progesterone from stopping the pills. The drop in progesterone is what triggers a withdrawal bleed. It is most likely just a side effect of the pill. It could be a longer period or something. If you still feel uncomfortable, you can take a test now as you just had your withdrawal. I am sure you are not pregnant though and it's just from the pill. Good luck.
Blank
this is my first time on this site so i wasnt sure who to talk to i guess 5 days after my normal period i started spotting i dont know if im pregnant or not?? i have 2 children already but i had 2 week long periods thats how i found out i was pregnant both time now im not sure if im just being paraniod or not??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...