Spotting/Bleeding 2 weeks before period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Spotting/Bleeding 2 weeks before period

Hello, I am 23 and have been on the pill constantly for about 3 years now I had irregular periods that why they put me on the pill. I have never had any problems with the pill, and have never spotted. I started March 18th, and stopped like normal, then on April 2nd I started spotting, first light drops in my panties and when I wiped, very light pink colored. Late the next day (April 3rd) it turned heavier and a little more red colored, not heavy like a period but heavy enought to wear a liner or a tampon. I have had off and on headaches for the last 3 days, and a little nauseous. What could be wrong?
You really should go to your gyno.  IS it possible at all you could be pregnant.
Yea it could be possible that I could be preg. but i just wouldn't think being as i am on the pill and wouldn't bleeding be a bad sign?? I see the dr on tues
It could be a bad sign.  My sister was on the pill and she was anal about taking it because she didn't want another baby, so she never missed a dose.  Well she started bleeding like you did and went to the doctor.  Come to find out she was 4 weeks pregnant with triplets and misscarring one.   9 monhts later she gave birth to healthy twins.  The twins are 3 now.

It could be nothing but it could also be something, I would go to the doctor.  

By The Way:  This wasn't the first time she got pregnant on the pill, I have a 6 year old neice also.  
Could be preg. But as you get older your body changes and so could your prescription for BC.  I had a hard time find the dosage that did not make me bleed or spot every 2 weeks or even more.  Definitely go to the Dr.  for a Pap smear also if you have not had one in the last year to rule out any cervical changes such as severe dysplasia.  Good Luck.
well the bleeding has slowed down a lil... still have to wear a liner, but now it is a brownish color and looks like it has some sort of discharge in it also.... guess i just gotta wait it out.... Happy Easter and thanks for the replies!!!
I remember having spotting when I was on the pill.  I was on them for years but suddenly they started making me spot mid-cycle.  Then I'd spot for a couple of days before AF came.  Doc said maybe I needed a stronger dose because your body changes.  I actually LOST weight when this started so I don't know why I would need a stronger dose.  But they did suggest it and that's when I stopped taking them completely instead.  Weight loss or gain can make that happen too.
Hello , I am spotting 2 weeks before my period and I had intercourse 3 days ago , and this does not normally happen . I have had 2 miscarriages in the past and I am trying again . Is it still to early to know if i am pregnant? If so , what else could be wrong .
i have these exact symptoms... im scared i might be pregnant and like stressing until i can take a preg test close enough to my period... have you found out anything knew yet?
Yea so I have been on BC for like 5 years now. And just recently for the 1st time ever with being on the pill... I spotted 2 weeks b4 my schd. period, every day, which i thought was really weird..u knw that light pink or brown discharge. No other symptons tho. Normally spoting, thats a sign of something..or so I thought. I found my self to be neg doing 2 urine tests..so being on BC I decided to go to the Dr to get the blood test done just in case. And that came out neg also. So I guess Im not...but its just weird..maybe my head is playing with me but i still feel like i am...i duno. weird...im kinda bummed but thats ok. my husband is ok with it too. maybe someday in the future we will be. But just for all you girls that question if you are or arent and on BC....just do ur urine test and if all else fails hit up the Dr to be sure. Good luck!
I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and usually never have periods. Well I started to bleed just  a couple weeks ago, one day would be heavy, the next day there would be nothing! This went on for about 2 weeks straight. Now, a couple weeks later, I'm bleeding again! Anybody know what may be going on?!
So I got a UTI this summer, which caused a Yeast Infection, after that I was sick with the flu/cold for about 2 weeks. I had my last period from August 30-Sept 4. The usual length of my period. I have been on the pill for a year. I had sex with my boyfriend on Wednesday the 10th and on Friday night I noticed that the cottage cheese discharge groos stuff was happening again (here comes another yeast infection) a few hours later I noticed some light pink/orange muscous/discharge but only when I wiped ( this was a similar case when I had the UTI, just less discharge). It has last for almost 2 days now, but seems to be gone. I have recently started to  use tampons ( as in my last period) and spermicide condoms (which may also cause discharge ). I don't know if anyone knows whats going on, but anything would help. I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday.
did you find out if u were as im goin tru the same problem.
  im 18 and have been on the pill( yasminelle ) for over a year now and have been sexually active for 2years and 3 months with my long term boyfriend.everything was fine with the pill until lately.iv been getting headaches feeling sick not eating properly been very moody been bloated and constantly in pain. thats only over the last month.but yesterday i found a few drops of blood on my underwear thats never ever happened to me before and its 2 weeks until my next period.my last period was for the 4th to the 8th.i used to b very irregular and mood thats why i want on the pill and it fixed that until the last month.i was late taken my pill only once about a week ago by 6 hours because i was at a party.i usually take it at bout 5.30pm.
should i be worried?should i take the next one.i don't no what to do because i have no money so i cant go to the doctor with out asking my mam...which i don't want to do.
thanks,scared!!
hi all....just some advice needed.. took 3 weeks supply of pill..had break week and period...then missed a weeks supply as i had to get precription...didnt have sex for this week or the following week that i returned on the pill...my question is...can i resume having sex now that im on the pill a week??
My period isnt supposed to be here for another two weeks. Yesterday I started spotting brown. Then today i woke up still spotting and i had a little pink blood. Right after the spotting started, i began feeling nauseated and having back aches. Is this normal? What could be causing this?
I had the same thing. my period started june 2nd and ended the 6th. on the 12th I started spotting..it was bright pink and only showed up on the toilet paper. it continued until the next day on and off. nothing happened on the 14th but started to have brownish discharge on the 15th. I've been having little headaches, I've been so tired where I had to nap..and been a little nauseated. I've never spotted before. my period doesn't start until around the 30th. can someone please help me?? I'm very desperate!! im going to take a pregnancy test next saturday...but I just need some input to ease my mind until then. thank you!!!
i had my period on april 15-19 and then i had unprotected sex wit my husband and two weeks later i started to brown spot tehn it turned into red spoting and im due for my period for the next two weeks and im ery normal i am also starting to get dizzy spells and feel nauseas and have very bad back pains so can anyone help me plz.
the same has happend to me not due on my period for 2 weeks and had a lil spotting then next day a lil more than spotting. i am trying for a baby can any 1 help as it hasent happend to me b 4 thank u.x
I have had the same problem except I'm not on birth control. It's been 7 months now that I have been spotting every month 2 weeks before my period. No answers from my doctor
I've been having abdomin (abdomen) pain, nausea, and head-aches, and I just started bleeding and I'm not due for another week what is going on this has never happened to me before, I've been on bc for 3 years and have had a normal on schedule period?? HELPPPPP!!!!