WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Stabbing pain in vagina and anus
by msAJ, Nov 27, 2007
I completely relate to the pain you are all experiencing. I have sharp stabbing pain that feels like it shoots up through my vaginal area into my abdomen and sometimes my anus as well. The pain is so unbearable at times that I cannot move or breathe. I am currently being treated for endomitriosis, however nothing they have done has been effective and now they are suggesting an IUD and possibly laproscopic surgery. I have also had surgery on my bladder to rule out IC which turned out to be negative. Have any of you had any treatments that have been successful? I am desperate at this point since I have been dealing with this type of daily pain for over 5 years. Please help!
msAJ
Member Comments (23)
by Heather5, Nov 27, 2007
Did they check for cysts? Maybe your hormone levels are a bit off, and you tend to develop cysts. I've heard that can be very painful. Although, I guess the endomitriosis can cause that pain too. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully, your doctors will find the right treatment for you soon, so you can feel better!
by TRhi, Dec 01, 2007
I would be interested in hearing more about this. I am experiencing something just like your pains. But I don't have endometriosis, and I have had my Mirena IUD for about 6 months now. I have only started experiencing these horrible, shooting pains, since my IUD was placed. And my OBGYN has noted development of ovarian cysts, and said that can cause some pain. But the extremity of my pain caused her to believe it might be gastro-intestinal. Whether it's cysts or not, I'm not sure yet. I would like to hope my IUD is not causing those problems, because other than a little initial discomfort and some weight gain, it's been a god-send.
by dizzydezi, Jan 14, 2008
you may want to check out something called pudendal nerve entrapment. It really does sound like you're experiencing many of the symptoms of it.
by msAJ, Apr 02, 2008
I have had 8 ovarian cysts rupture on my left side and 2 on my right. There really is no way of treating them so I have heard. My hormones are being regulated by birth control and I dont get my period anymore, since October 07, and have recently recovered from laparoscopic surgery done in late January this year. Pain is still there and my OB suggested Mirena, but I opted out since I have heard nothing but horror stories.... This is like a terrible nightmare sometimes!!  I'm going to look into the pudendal nerve entrapment, that is actually the second time someone mentioned that to me. Thanks for all your advice and sympathy.
msAJ
by justrach, Jan 13, 2011
could some one any one please get an actual diagnosis i do get this pain 4-5 times a yr but for 48hrs straight now and bloated  like im 5 mths pregnant,i cant walk,sit and lying down is also uncomfortable , i have had 3 ectopic pregnancies,and 2 kids,my last tube was remove 8 yrs ago 3 mths after giving birth to my last son.i tried an enemena today and it seemed to relive pressure by allowing more gas out but i have yet to to a poo (lol)...i thought of mabe a cyst on my ovarie,or twisted bowl,i have thought alot but have yet to find out what it is..i am off to the doctors tomorrow so if i do get a diagnosis i will be sure to post it on here..
by katrinam1129, Jan 22, 2011
I was so desperate and in so much pain I did a google search and came across this forum.Thank you ladies for sharing. I helps to know I am not alone. I hate going to the doctor and trying to explain something odd like this.

Most of you desribed the pain during a bowel movement. For me the pain happens so much during my bowel movement I never think about it any more. I just breathe though it. But today the pain came out of nowhere. I went to sit down and nearly had to jump back up! My right leg is achy and it feels like the mucles around my heel and ankle are pulled taut. I just took 800 mgs of ibuprophen cause I can't take the pain. Has anyone experienced the pain during normal activity? .
by KPnuts92, Jun 28, 2011
I get what sounds to be the same pains in my lower abdomon as well as inside the vagina along with other pains and problems. At first my doctor thourght it was an STI but after testing they found nothing. If only i had a good idea what it is. I may be able to get it seen to.
by MG123X, Jul 21, 2011
I have had the same pains for months
I'm only 22 I don't have any children
I do suffer from IBS but iv had that for 6 years I thought it could be that but the doctor said I would of got the pains round about the same time I'm also feeling a lot of pain and tenderness on my womb I know I'm not pregnant because I'm on the depo injection for 5 years and everything has been fine so if anyone has got there problem sorted please share as my doctor dosent have a clue thank you
by kelshonda, Sep 14, 2011
Ok I read this and would like to add something. I'm 33 had a full hysterectomy in 08 and have 1 child. I had 7 miscarriages and numerous laperoscopies for endometriosis. I was diagnosed with high risk HPV and had biopsies done. Going back today for issues but I get the same pain. So Sharp I can't move lasts 30 secs or so but no one knows why. I don't have any girl parts left and have never had an std...any ideas?