Women's Health Community
Start new birth control pack
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Start new birth control pack

I'm a week late for my period and was on birth control, i took a pregnancy test (the blood hcg level one) at the doctors office and they said i am not pregnant. I have been having a Crohn's flare up though and under a lot of stress. Should i start the new birth control pack? or wait till i have my period?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
Hi there and welcome to the forum!  I first want to say that it is always safest to run questions past your doctor.  I can call my ob/gyn's office and talk to a nurse to get answers to questions like this.  

I'd personally make that call to be safe. There are different kinds of birth control pills---  combination pills, progestone pills, etc.  You used to only be able to start the pill on the first day of your period or on the first Sunday after you started your period.  It is usually more flexible now as to when you can start but is important to know when you would be safe from pregnancy again.  I would use a barrier method until you are sure your pill is up and running.  

So in esence, call your doctor for the best guidance.  
Blank
2149304_tn?1407219658
It wouldn't hurt to start taking it now especially if you have taken or at least skipped  the 7 days you will be fine or if you decided to start right away and skip the extra pills i did so i wouldnt get a period
Blank
I would ask your doctor to be honest. But I don't think it would hurt to start a new pack. Birth control and stress can make you miss periods. Just be careful if you decide to start without consulting a doctor first. If anything abnormal comes up make an appointment. God bless you and hope this helped a little.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank