Still bleeding after 7 days, not normal

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Still bleeding after 7 days, not normal

I have a concern. My boyfriend and I had intercourse a week ago from today. Prior to intercourse, we had foreplay. During the foreplay, I told him it hurt a little so he changed up what he was doing. Anyways... following sex I was fine. No signs of pain-nothing. Later that night I started bleeding. The first day of bleeding was light, but every since it has been like I'm on my period-normal/regular. I'm so confused, I'm worried and I don't know what's going on. I just had my period two weeks ago 1/16-20. Any suggestions? This is really abnormal and I'm really concerned.

Thank you in advance!

Main causes of intermenstrual bleeding could be due to pregnancy, birth control pills, infection in an area of the body related to menstruation (including the vagina, the cervix and even the bladder). Other causes could be polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases of pituitary gland, hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone and uterine abnormalities like fibroid and  cervical dysplasia. Your doctor may consider tests like blood sugar levels, thyroid function test, prolactin, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSA), estrogen, and testosterone. Imaging studies, such as ultrasound, X-ray, and CT scan may also be recommended in certain individuals.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
Avatar n tn
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Aug 23
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals