Still pregnant after or again?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Still pregnant after or again?

Hi. I had a medical abortion in May '07. I was told at my follow-up that nothing was seen in the ultrasound and everything went well. I was told to wait until my next period to start birth control, so I did. I had sex twice before I began taking the pill which was mid-June. That period went as I was told by the doctor, extremely heavy and a little longer than usual.

I got my period (second one since the abortion) on Sunday, July 8th which is early because I still have 4 days left on the pill. While taking the pill, there were a few times that I missed the dose at the right time but took it when I remembered. On Monday night, it looked as if I passed some tissue (I am assuming pregnancy tissue). It was nothing like what I saw while going through the abortion (only had blood clots because I was less than 4 weeks pregnant). It was cream in color and strip like pieces. I have never seen that before and it has gotten me pretty freaked out. The cramps are more than usual too and I am also passing a lot of blood clots.

When I called the doctors office that I had the abortion at, they told me that it is possible for me to have gotten pregnant again and be miscarrying. I just dont see how it could be possible. I had my period in June AFTER I had sex without being on the pill and when I had sex after that, I was on the pill. I know it's not 100% effective but can the abortion cause the pill not to work as effectively? Is it possible that I was pregnant again or do you have any other ideas on what it could be?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with!
Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...
1 hr ago by gymdandee
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals