Still pregnant after or again?
Hi. I had a medical abortion in May '07. I was told at my follow-up that nothing was seen in the ultrasound and everything went well. I was told to wait until my next period to start birth control, so I did. I had sex twice before I began taking the pill which was mid-June. That period went as I was told by the doctor, extremely heavy and a little longer than usual.

I got my period (second one since the abortion) on Sunday, July 8th which is early because I still have 4 days left on the pill. While taking the pill, there were a few times that I missed the dose at the right time but took it when I remembered. On Monday night, it looked as if I passed some tissue (I am assuming pregnancy tissue). It was nothing like what I saw while going through the abortion (only had blood clots because I was less than 4 weeks pregnant). It was cream in color and strip like pieces. I have never seen that before and it has gotten me pretty freaked out. The cramps are more than usual too and I am also passing a lot of blood clots.

When I called the doctors office that I had the abortion at, they told me that it is possible for me to have gotten pregnant again and be miscarrying. I just dont see how it could be possible. I had my period in June AFTER I had sex without being on the pill and when I had sex after that, I was on the pill. I know it's not 100% effective but can the abortion cause the pill not to work as effectively? Is it possible that I was pregnant again or do you have any other ideas on what it could be?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with!