Stitches Coming Out After Episiotomy

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Stitches Coming Out After Episiotomy

I Had my first baby 2 weeks ago, and i had to be cut to get him out. I was using the bathroom and i might have wiped myself to ruff, i felt a pinching pain and the end of my stitches came out. Im scared to make any sudden movements incase i pull the rest of them out. Should I go back to the hospital to get re-stitched? or will it just heal on its own?
After a couple of weeks, most of the tissue healing is done.  Sometimes you may feel the end of a suture poking out.  They do dissolve on their own.

If you are having discomfort, bleeding, or feel like the perineal area is open at the site of the episiotomy, you should call your doctor to see if they want you to come in.  
It is fine.  If you notice any bleeding from the area or it looks infected go to the doc.

These stitches are designed to dissolve.  Otherwise they would have removed them at 10 days.
Avatar n tn
what kind of stitches did the doctor use?  did he tell you?  

When I had an episiotomy with my first daughter, the stitches he placed were supposed to come out themselves... I never had to go back to get them removed.  

It might be that they are supposed to come out...
Your fine...they will do this.  
After three years of vaginal child birith should the  episiotomy can re-stitched by medical point of veiew. i am facing sewer problem,
Anyone over age 65 should remember ...
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
IGF1 and Muscular Development
6 hrs ago by gymdandee
gymdandee commented on Protein Dessert That ...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals