Women's Health Community
Stitches Coming Out After Episiotomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stitches Coming Out After Episiotomy

I Had my first baby 2 weeks ago, and i had to be cut to get him out. I was using the bathroom and i might have wiped myself to ruff, i felt a pinching pain and the end of my stitches came out. Im scared to make any sudden movements incase i pull the rest of them out. Should I go back to the hospital to get re-stitched? or will it just heal on its own?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
After a couple of weeks, most of the tissue healing is done.  Sometimes you may feel the end of a suture poking out.  They do dissolve on their own.

If you are having discomfort, bleeding, or feel like the perineal area is open at the site of the episiotomy, you should call your doctor to see if they want you to come in.  
Blank
164559_tn?1233711618
It is fine.  If you notice any bleeding from the area or it looks infected go to the doc.

These stitches are designed to dissolve.  Otherwise they would have removed them at 10 days.
Blank
what kind of stitches did the doctor use?  did he tell you?  

When I had an episiotomy with my first daughter, the stitches he placed were supposed to come out themselves... I never had to go back to get them removed.  

It might be that they are supposed to come out...
Blank
158812_tn?1189759426
Your fine...they will do this.  
Blank
After three years of vaginal child birith should the  episiotomy can re-stitched by medical point of veiew. i am facing sewer problem,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank