Stomach pain - late period
Hi all,

I am having a lot of stomach trouble this week. I usually have a 28 day cycle.  My last two cycles were 21 days.  This one so far 32 days.  About 2 weeks after my last period I had some very light pink spotting one day and the next day I had a little bit of brown spotting.  About the beginning of this week my stomach muscles started hurting pretty bad.  It felt like I had done a ton of situps.  That has mostly gone away now but I still have this pain near where my left ovary is.  Usually before I start my breasts get very swollen and sore.  Right now it's weird because just my nipples are kind of sore (sorry TMI).  Could this be a cyst completely messing with me?  I had a tubal about 9 years ago and a tubal reversal about 3 years ago.  

Pam
I would not worry so much about being a little early or a little late on your periods or even spotting here and there.  Its actually very common for a woman to fluctuate every once in a while.  We can throw our cycles off balance so easily by changing something in our diet, stress, exercising too much, gaining weight, hydration, age, etc etc..

** DO GET A PAP and examination to make sure that you dont have an underlying issue causing abnormal spotting such as an STD, pre-cancerous cell growth, etc etc.. If your exam and PAP all come back normal, and you dont have an STD, than you can most certainly blame your issues on your hormones.

** If you are trying to conceive, wait a few days after a missed period and than take a pregnancy test. I'm a big cheapo and refused to test for pregnancy until I was at least a week late (sometimes two).  

** Your breast tenderness is also very common and caused by your wonderful hormones.  It tends to be the hormone estrogen that'll do it, but some women experience breast tenderness from progesterone as well. There are a lot of factors that can alter/change your hormone levels (some of them I've already mentioned above) and start causing you to get that breast tenderness you are experiencing.

- Just make sure its general soreness and not pain localized in one breast. If its just in one breast, than you may have a blocked duct, lump that needs to be checked out, etc etc..

** You mentioned you had some stomach soreness that has gone away.  I'm glad to hear it is gone.  You might of pulled a muscle somehow?  This is no longer bothering you or what?

** If you are looking for a way to get rid of the breast tenderness you can always get on birth control pills to help minimize the symptoms of PMS. There are a lot of folks who are against using birth control pills, but they may not be having painful breasts every month like you are.  

** Now if you are trying to conceive, warm compresses and low doses of Tylenol may be your only option for breast tenderness.  Its not good to self-medicate when trying to conceive.  

** Your soreness in your left side very well could be a cyst hurting. Ovulation pains can last up to 48 hours also. Again thats why its important you get a checkup and a pap.

Good luck and Happy Holidays.

I hope my answer helps some

2 wks. late,had tubal 5 yrs. ago,pain on left side and back, please help
hi ... pls help me... my period late 1 week ..
but i have bad stomach pain and breast pain .. can i be pregnant
becouse this is the first time my perid late
I had unprotected sex on the 11th, missed my period, and took 3 pregnancy tests(each of which came back negative)

went out a cpl days before thanksgiving and drank  lot..  By the morning, I had horrible stomach pain...it actually ok my breath away.  I am scARED