Stomach sweeling and weight loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Stomach sweeling and weight loss

In the past few months I have had severe stomach aches.  And I have lost about 8 lbs....but my stomach is swelling.  I have about 20 symptoms...however the most important ones are...I have a really hard time having bm's.  Sometimes I don't have them for weeks at a time.  My pain is in the abdominal area. I have went to the doctor and they say that I have IBS.  But I don't think that it is.  Some days I feel fine....and some days it wakes me in the middle of the night to go to the restroom.  And other days I have painful like cramp sensation in my abdominal area.  I have had a ultrasound done on my gall bladder and they say they found nothing.  And about a year ago I had the same symptoms for a straight 3 months and then it went away. The doctor's did an ultrasound and a Hydascan and still found nothing. Well, another symptom that I have is lower back pain.  Sometimes it is reliefed by using the restroom...other times it takes days to go away.  Other symptoms that I have are:  leg cramps,constipation, fever, chills,fatigue,and I feel dehydrated sometimes.  I also don't feel like my tongue fits my mouth..maybe its swelling.  I'm also easily irritated.  And I also have hypoglocemia and enemia.  If you could help me figure this out I would really appreciate any advice..Thank you.
If you are not having a bowel movement every day then you are severely constipated. It is no wonder you are having health problems and stomach swelling. What surprises me is that you are losing weight. Maybe you have no hunger because you are so incredibly backed up. It is imperative that you work on your colon. This may take awhile. I don't know if you have ever heard of colonics but that is one suggestion I have for you. A licensed colon hydrotherapist can tell you what is going on. There are also many colon detoxes. You can go to your local herb shop or GNC to find the best one for you. Drink at least half your weight in ounces of distilled pure water daily. Are you currently on any meds that could be causing your constipation, such as pain pills? Fecal matter can build up in your colon for years and cause your entire body to become toxic. I cannot believe that your doctor is not concerned about your lack of bowel movements. Your colon is where health begins and ends. A backed up colon causes a backed up digestive system. Think of a septic tank system. I hope you do something quickly so that you start feeling better.
i am 40 yrs old and just had a baby in nov.2007.. i keep going to the Drs with lots of pain from the top of my ribs to the bladder.. and also in the back area from my kidneys all way down.. the Drs have done blood work,x-rays, CT scans,total body bone scan, and now a MRI  and check my throid.. they said everything is fine all but my throid.. its a little over active.. (no medcine for it) i have dropped down to 85 lbs and always in pain.. the Drs keep saying nothing is wrong.. the systoms keep getting worse on pain and now im getting  sick to my stomach allot and light headed like i want to passout.. i have regular bowl movements and all.. my Drs are so tired of hearing me complain that now they want to say its depression or anxiety.. i know its neither of them..something is going on causeing all this pain and noting is being found.. my muscle ache deep down inside my body.. from head to toe.. Im starting to get scared cause i dont know whats wrong.. i know a few months back they said i had a bladder infection and a UTI (same thing) they let this go for a few months before anything was done..my lymph nodes in neck was swollen and very bad sore throat.. anitibotics didnt help that so I went back to the DR again this time it was said to be sinus infection.. i took all the z-pak and still no change.. seems after giving birth my body has went down hill big time and DRs cant find anything wrong any advise? i dont know what else to do... i have seem so many Drs and no one can find nothing wrong... the Drs im seeing is my regular PCP, OBGYN, Urogolist, a general surgeon, heart DR, and now chiropractor.. nothng can be found what else does a person do when u have so much pain and DRs cant find nothing...
I really feel for you. I've been through a kind of similar thing where I had all different things wrong with me. At one time I couldnt feel my legs and I felt sick and lightheaded. The doctor prescribed me antidepressants and it all went away. I didn't feel depressed etc but i'd just lost my dog, my job and someone i knew had died and the doctor said this could have had an impact on my health. Anxiety can also cause a lot of symptoms even if you dont think you are worried about anything your body an think the total opposite. Another problem a few years later was I was feeling really tired and run down and I would ache. i would come home from work, eat and then go to bed. I had no energy and felt bloated. I had blood tests and they came back fine and I was worried at what was wrong with me. Then my friend suggested I see an allergy lady who lives in our area and she gave me a vega test. It showed i was allergic to wheat, dairy and a few other things. I cut these out for a month and my energy returned, I lost a stone in weight and felt fantastic. She helped me feel amazing when the doctors would probably have ended up diagnosing me with chronic fatigue! I swear by my allergy lady now and she has helped many of my friends. So if you can try alternative therapies then do it. My allergy lady even picked up that i had an impacted wisdom tooth and she hadnt even looked in my mouth. She also told my friends little girl that she could pick up diesel allergies. It turns out my friends little girl grew up in a flat above a bus depot! I can't thank her enough for helping me, so maybe this may help you? xx