Stopping A Period?
I am currently on Yasmin 28 and would like to delay my period for a week since I am going on vacation. I tried starting a new pack once to delay my period. I can't remember, but I think I confused my body by taking an active pill along with a placebo. How can I delay my period effectively?
just skip the week of inactive pills and start the next pack. drs say it's safe to do every now and then (just don't do it for several months in a row)
Taking the placebo and active pill at the same time didn't matter; the placebo pill is basically just a marker (tiny piece of candy) to remind you to stay on schedule. You can just start taking the next pack right after you finish the active pills on this pack. You won't have a period, but you might spot a bit. Does that sound like what happened to you last time?

Or you could switch to Seasonale, where you only take breaks every three months. And even better, there's also a new pill awaiting FDA approval that will eliminate periods altogether :-) The only problem is that spotting is likely with both, at least for the first year. With Seasonale, you'll probably bleed as much over the course of the year as you would having 12 periods a year, and so far I believe it. I'm just finishing my first pack, and I've spotted every day since I started.