Strange, restless tight feeling in left arm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm a 32 year old woman, generally in good health. For probably a couple years now I've been feeling a very strange and hard to describe feeling in my left arm. It's similar to how restless legs feel like (I've had that problem on and off for many years, but it's not an issue at the moment), but the sensation also comes with kind of a tight feeling, and what I might describe as a mild ache at times... but not really. The feelings makes me want to stretch my arm and/or shake my hand in an attempt to make the feeling stop, although it doesn't work. I can't really call it a numb feeling, either, but maybe it could be described as related to a sense of numbness.
The feeling isn't constant, but I'm noticing it more and more lately. I feel it most now when I'm sitting at my desk at work, and also when I'm doing cardio exercise, which I do a lot of. The sense of ache is stronger when I'm exercising than when I'm at my desk. I do an hour of fairly heavy cardio nearly everyday lately, with my heart rate averaging at about 160 beat/minute. I've been doing this kind of cardio on a fairly to very regular basis for a couple years. Otherwise, I have no probs at all... And my cardiovascular endurance is great; no problems with breathing or anything like that. I seem to have no other symptoms. I am on birth control, and have been constantly for about 2.5 years until now. I also smoke, but only about 2 packs a week usually, sometimes much less.
Because the feeling is there when I'm at my desk, just about all the time now, I wonder if it's a nerve issue affected by sitting for long periods of time or my actual office chair - the feeling comes the second I sit down I think! But that it comes when I'm doing cardio as well is concerning.
I'm wondering if anyone else can relate to this sensation I'm trying to explain, and maybe has a better way of conveying the feeling? And of course if they have any clues as to what the problem might be?