Strange buzzing/vibrating in vaginal area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I've had a strange buzzing/vibrating on the left side of my vaginal area (it feels internal though) for the past couple of days. I found this thread here:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/womenshealth/messages/6625.html

While my symptoms are very similar to those described in the messages, I saw that there is no concrete explanation as to what causes these vibrations. It doesn't hurt, but it is rather disturbing...

Should I be worried, or is it something that's completely harmless?
I just read your post under my thread.  I'm glad that someone else is experiencing the same problem.  I too found the same link that you listed above.  It gave a few possibilities, but no answers.  Most of what I have found in regards to our problem has to do with women experiencing menopause.  Since we are both in our 20's, this doesn't really help much.  I have scheduled a doctor's appointment, but it is just still unnerving having to wait for an answer.  About how often do your vibrating sensations take place, and how long do they last?  Please let me know if you find out anymore information.
Sometimes mine last a few seconds, and sometimes it's constant, like for five-ten seconds at a time. Sometimes it occurs every few seconds and sometimes it comes and goes. It does feel rather like a fluttery muscle spasm (which I've had before in other areas, numerous times).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know what the doctor says to you. I haven't made an appointment yet as I don't have insurance right now...but if it turns out be something slightly serious then I'm going to the doctor, insurance or no.
i am having the same problem with buzzing and vibrating in pubic area, for at least 4 weeks. what i think is a nerve.
i have not be seen by a dr. but i think i would need a ultrasound.
For me, it was a problem with the psoas muscle. After an abdominal aortic ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, visit to the naturopathic doctor, visit to the MD, and bloodwork, my chiropracter honed in on the psoas muscle. When she first started working on it, it got a bit worse, and then she got it to stop! This was after 2 weeks of buzzing for most of the day.
i felt so silly doing a goggle search on "vaginal vibration"!!! thought for sure i was losing my mind, to the point i didnt even tell my husband!!! thank god for the internet, at least i know im not the only one!! i just turned 40 and am suppose to have a hysterectomy.. will ask the doctor about this and keep you all posted!