Strange period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Strange period

Hello, my husband and I have been trying to conceive since May. Since then my period have seemed to be out of wack. In May, I thought I was pregnant; though it wasn't confirmed I believe I had a miscarriage. I missed my period the month of June completely. Then in July I started to bleed extremely heavily with clots. Anyhow, the past few months I haven't been able to predict when my period is coming or not.

This month I started having cramps and dried blood on the 15th. That lasted for two days. Then on the 17th I started actually bleeding. My usual periods I bleed heavy for 2 days, lightly the next day, and then nothing until the 7th day which I have dried blood. This month I bleed pretty heavy for 4 days along with clots. The 5th day I had dried blood which turned into light bleeding. Today (the 6th day) I haven't had anything yet, but it feels like I might bleed more.

Does anyone know why my period is acting like this?
Update

Yesterday I had few occasions of dried blood, but it seemed to clear up before I went to bed. This morning (which would be the 8th say since I started having dried blood) my husband and I had sex. (TMI) At first it felt really good. Probably better than normal; than I got a strange feeling that he was hitting something. It hurt. Tried to continue but it happen again. After stopping I wiped some reddish-brown discharge that went away through the day.

Anyone have any ideas?
This condition is called post coital bleeding. It is most commonly seen in vaginal infection like Chlamydia, gonorrhea, vaginal inflammation etc. it could also be due to disease of endometrium that is lining of uterus, polyps (mass) in uterus and cervix, fibroid tumors etc. You should consult an expert nearby for internal examinations.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.