Strep Infections - Virgin

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Strep Infections - Virgin

Hello, I am 26 years old, virgin and never been sexually active. I've been diagnosed with Strep B infections for over 3 years now. I always have discharge and when i get a swab tested, it comes out possitive for Strep B and everytime a doctor prescribes me antibiotics. I've read that Strep B will never really go away and it will always come back. I'd like to ask the following:

1. Should i take the antibiotics every time it is prescribed or should i just ignore the infection
2. Can strep b harm me in any way
3. What causes strep b and how can i prevent it if possible
4. Do you have any additional advice for me

thanks.
Hi- just read your diagnosis, seemingly with no cure. I am NOT a doctor but a fellow sufferer of Group B Strep. In doing research I came across your post.
I too am frustrated, in pain and on 2nd whirl of antibiotics (with absolute reluctancy - but until I get 3rd opinion to help me, Im take this 10 day antibiotic).
You or I shouldnt be suffering I strongly believe because....................I have read over and over due to a weakened immune system - these symptoms were able to surface!
I am anxiously waiting this next doc visit and going to beg her to help me in a flip side manner.
Since pregnancy (I am not) is one of the most common triggers, test and rule that out.
Next is cancer, I think I would die if I knew I had cancer but if I do, this is why I am now on a 2nd bout in 4 years of this painful vaginal Strep B episode. There was one other text to suggest and I have it written down, forgot but, if you want to try this method of action to, be my guest.
Share with me your findings.
Hugs.
Stop taking the drugs, it will only make the strep stronger.  Doctors will argue and tell you that you need it, but it's a load of crap.  Man made drugs have given strep super strength.  It will never cure it.  Use natural remedies, they work!
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals