Stretch marks on stomach one spot severe itch!
Hi, I have stretch marks on my stomach from pregnancy 13 yrs ago and from weight gain. I have sensitive dry skin but in the summer it is not as irritated. I woke up yesterday and had an itch on my stomach and noticed it was all red and angry looking itchy as hell! I put cortisone cream on it as this works great for bug bites. But no help. I tried it 3x. So then I tried simple rubbing alcohol, helped a little but not much. So last night I was at a dinner and it just itched nonstop. I did not scratch it, nothing. But it wouldn't stop. It is itching me now as I type. I put benadryl gel on it this morning. Helped some but not thay much. Regular lotiom did not help. Area is not dry. It is red, inflamed skin in broken in spots and the alcohol stung. Why did this occur? First time and no sign of a bite. I did not recently have major weight changes. What can I use that I haven't. I have a wedding to attend in a few hrs. I don't want to be miserable!
So sorry about the itching- is it any better now?  I would stay away from anything that dries it out- I'd bet more on it's dry and just needs lotion regularly to help.