Stringy tissue like discharge

Open Question
Show me another »
Stringy tissue like discharge?

I'm SORRY this is gross!! Last night was the 2nd night of my period and when I went to use the restroom, I looked down I noticed a "glob" of something in my underwear. It was not a normal mucous like consistency but more stringy and strong like tissue. There were parts of 'thin string' wrapped around each other and then a part of flat tissue looking discharge. The best way to describe it, would be to say it looked like what an umbilical cord would be made of. Pregnancy is not possible.

Here are pics of it:
http://flic.kr/p/dQWhRr and http://flic.kr/p/dQWhRD

What could this be? Is this normal? It's been suggested by my Gyno in the past that I may have endometriosis.
It looks like the lining tissue of your uterus. I'm not a medical professional, however, in 2010 my OB/Gyn took a sample of my uterine wall to send it to lab for testing due to an abnormal pap smear. Curious minds wanted to know what it looks like so I looked at the specimen before her nurse took it away. You know each month our uterus lining sheds during the menstrual cycle and this is what it looks like to me. Perhaps, you can save these pictures for your OB/Gyn to have a look at. I wouldn't worry much about this if I were you . . . during menses I've seen some scary and creepy things expel from my body (over the years) . . . we as women go through so much with our bodies. Keep your head up, hon.