Subserosal uterine fibroid

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Subserosal uterine fibroid

I have been diagnosed with a 5.2x6.1x5.5cm lesion on the left side of my uterus via MRI and ultrasound. There is also some indication of some adenomyosis. I am a 41 year old female with two children and considering another pregnancy. What would be the proper course of action? The options presented to me were 1) to remove it. 2) to leave it alone while attempting pregnancy and have it removed at a later date. The method for removal was indicated to be surgical with a 6 week healing time frame before attempting pregnancy.  Also, it has been recommended that I have it removed and consider a hysterectomy as well as the fibroid will continue to grow.  

During my second pregnancy, I had been informed of the existence of a fibroid, which I assume is the same one, although it has grown bigger. There were no complications. Also, I have had no severe problems associated with the fibroid yet. Some cramping mid-cycle which brought me to the doctor and otherwise nothing.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
You have been told of the various options available. The treatment basically depends on your symptoms and desire for children. Since you are keen to have children, hysterectomy is out of question. Also the fibroid is not very large. Having a pregnancy with the fibroid has its own complications and the fibroid is likely to grow during pregnancy. Hence it would be best to remove the fibroid and then plan a pregnancy. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
xx_Louise_xx Hope all you lovely ladies ... Comment
1 hr ago
mhv commented on photo
mhv commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals