Success with steroid injections?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Success with steroid injections?

Has anyone had any success with steroid injections (into all pelvic floor muscles, glands, and muscles around opening)?

My pelvic floor dysfunction continues to re-flare up and it's really getting in the way of my life and I just want to know how well this tends to work for people, and other alternatives for when it doesn't?
It has been 12 hours since I got the injections and I am in extreme pain!! Why is this happening???? I can't sleep, or really even breathe much for that matter... I'm freaking out a little bit
I'm not a huge fan of steriod injections, that masks the symptoms rather than fix the problem. Can you send more specifics on exactly what the diagnosis is, some history so it will be easier to address your concerns?

Sher
Tank you for your reponse sherrieP.  I previously had been diagnosed with Endo, but more recently my problems have been my extremely high-tone pelvic floor dysfunction.  I really like my uro-gyn and my pt, and treatment was going really well, but now everytime it's getting a lot better it re-flares up and we can't figure out why.  I am very diligent with doing my pt exercises, medications, etc., which makes this so insanely frustrating.  My doctor did a few injections of traumeel in the really tense areas two weeks ago, but I had no relief from that, and had another flare up right after, so everything was almost worse.  I have also been having a lot of problems with the glands around the opening of my vagina.  They get REALLY irritated all the time, I have been using a topical cream (also traumeel for that).  So, yesterday she decided to try to steroid injections, because they are stronger and she did them EVERYWHERE,  oh my goodness, it was VERY uncomfortable!  She did four injections in the glands, and then I think four on each side of my pelvic floor muscles.  I really hope this works because I'm tired of these awful flare ups!!! I had really intense pain last night and I'm still in pain (although slightly lessened) today.  I know it can take a couple of days for the soreness to go down and to start feeling the benefits, so I'm trying to remain hopeful.  
***Sorry about typos, my keyboard is a little funky right now and gets delayed sometimes..

Oh and in case any of this is relevant, I'm 20 years old, used to be a full time (rigorous training) ballet dancer, and was also initially diagnosed with S.I. joint dysfunction as well, although my alignment is just about perfect now.  (and my endo was on my bladder, behind my uterus, and still remains on my ureter... in case that pertains to anything).

I have been having such a hard time finding anyone to talk to about all of these issues I have been having... It seems like nobody my age has any of this!  People don't understand.  And it's really difficult trying to get my 20 year old boyfriend to understand why I am physically unable to have sex.  UGH.  
No worries on typos Jess, we all do that from time to time. :)

I didn't realize you have hyper toned pelvic floor (my expertise is pelvic organ prolapse); I'm going to have admin transfer this post to women's health or endo (this may be related to either the endo or to hyper-tight pelvic floor). I'm hopeful someone will be able to give you some insights there.

Good luck, I hope you find balance,
Sher
Ok thank you. Possibly women's health? It doesn't seem like anyone in endo has much to talk about with pfd :/