Sudden Excessive Vaginal Bleeding
i am a 36 yr old woman on the large side.
i am not sexually active so there is no chance of me being pregnant.
5 years ago i was diagnosed with PCOS and at that time i was told i had over 100 cysts of assorted sizes. My dr tried birth control to control my hormone levels but since i had servere adverse reactions to BCs she took me off them.
recently i have begun having a strange light brown discharge just before my period. this will last for about 3-4 days and then my period will kick in. i have also been having a strange milky disgarge between periods that is almost sweet smelling.
i finished my most recent cycle two weeks ago and the night before last i had really bad experience -for lack of a better word. i had a horrible nightmare that somone was trying to cut up my insides and when i woke up i was literaly lying in a pool of blood. there was so much blood infact that i thought at first that i had wet the bed!when i went to the washroom there was incredable amounts of clotting and the blood was literly just flowing out of me.  the extreemly heavy bloood flow continued all day yesterday and then abruptly stopped over night.  i have a lingering achy feeling in my stomach and while i am not tired i am lethargic.
is this somthing i need to be concerned about?
thank you for any advice you can give me
eve
i would definitly call your dr. right away. dont wait. you wouldnt be bleeding if there was not a reason. that for me would be a scary experience. you can rule out a miscarriage since you said you havent been sexually active and rule out a heavy period since you just had it. all i can say is call the dr.
Hi!
I'm 35, and of similar physical stature..I had also had/having similar problems.  I would definitely do see your Gyn.  My problems have been going on for months, and I finally went to see my Gyn when the blood clots I was getting started occuring every few days.  It may just ne a hormonal issue, but for me, an ultrasound revealed some extra "tissue" in my uterus, which was casing the unusual bleeding, and I'm assuming the discharge as well.  I am actually scheduled for a D&C and a Hysteroscopy on Friday.