Women's Health Community
Sudden change in hair color
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sudden change in hair color

Suddenly, the hair around my forehead has started to come in a very deep color.  My hair is naturally a dark strawberry blonde overtop of mostly brown hair underneath.  Lately, I have noticed diagonally above my eyes two patches of bright auburn hair coming in, each about the size of a quarter.  Tonight I then noticed about 1 inch under the auburn patch on the left side a similar patch of hair coming in  that is almost black.  I have had various colors of hair strands my whole life, mainly brown, some blonde, and some strawberry blonde, but never black.  I am concerned what might be causing my hair to suddenly change colors, and why the variety?  Anyone with answers or even suggestions would be greatly appreciated!