Sudden nausea, sweating, feeling faint....

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

First off, I'm not pregnant.

Last night I was over at my mother's house, helping her with dinner and all of a sudden I felt nauseas.  I felt like I needed to get to the bathroom fast afraid I was going to vomit.  I ran upstairs and sat down, didn't vomit, but just felt super dizzy.  I stood up, splashed some water on my face and I felt the blood rushing to my head and I immediately sat back down on the bathroom floor thinking I was going to throw up and/or pass out.  It was all I could do to yell to my mother to get upstairs. I really thought I was going to pass out.  My head was ringing, I couldn't focus, and I was drenched in sweat in about 60 seconds.  My mother said I looked yellow and then gray.  Then I felt like I needed to sit up and my mom brought me a bucket.  I didn't have anything strange to eat.  Turkey sandwich at lunch, banana around 5p and this happened at 7p.  I did gag a few times and threw up a little, mostly by making myself so that I would feel better.  My head was just spinning.  It lasted about 10 minutes until I felt like I could hear again, see again and get to the guest room to lie down.  I felt ok after that, a little weak, but at work today and feel fine.  I have never experienced anything like that before.  My neighbor is a nurse and said it could be my blood sugar?  I made an appointment to see the doctor later this week. Has anyone ever felt this before?
I get that way w/low blood pressure & my sister has had those symptoms from allergies too. Definitely worth looking into though! Good luck!!!
I have normally low blood pressure 90/60 almost always. I'm 34, in pretty good shape, eat clean, etc....I have had some vertigo in the last few months, but what happened the other night really scared me. I felt like I was fighting to stay conscious.  So, has that whole drenched in sweat, disoriented, nauseas thing happened to you before? I'm going to the dr in a few days...
Did you ever find out what caused that faint/sweaty incident at your Mom's house?  The same thing happened to me last night... very scary and I live alone and almost called 911.  After some water and sitting quietly for about 30 minutes I was ok.  Just wondering if there is something else I can look for.  Thanks.
I've been having this exact same problem over recent months. My Dr says it's anxiety and has prescribed SSRIs. 1 week in and the attacks have reduced dramatically.
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals