Sudden nausea, sweating, feeling faint....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

First off, I'm not pregnant.

Last night I was over at my mother's house, helping her with dinner and all of a sudden I felt nauseas.  I felt like I needed to get to the bathroom fast afraid I was going to vomit.  I ran upstairs and sat down, didn't vomit, but just felt super dizzy.  I stood up, splashed some water on my face and I felt the blood rushing to my head and I immediately sat back down on the bathroom floor thinking I was going to throw up and/or pass out.  It was all I could do to yell to my mother to get upstairs. I really thought I was going to pass out.  My head was ringing, I couldn't focus, and I was drenched in sweat in about 60 seconds.  My mother said I looked yellow and then gray.  Then I felt like I needed to sit up and my mom brought me a bucket.  I didn't have anything strange to eat.  Turkey sandwich at lunch, banana around 5p and this happened at 7p.  I did gag a few times and threw up a little, mostly by making myself so that I would feel better.  My head was just spinning.  It lasted about 10 minutes until I felt like I could hear again, see again and get to the guest room to lie down.  I felt ok after that, a little weak, but at work today and feel fine.  I have never experienced anything like that before.  My neighbor is a nurse and said it could be my blood sugar?  I made an appointment to see the doctor later this week. Has anyone ever felt this before?
I get that way w/low blood pressure & my sister has had those symptoms from allergies too. Definitely worth looking into though! Good luck!!!
I have normally low blood pressure 90/60 almost always. I'm 34, in pretty good shape, eat clean, etc....I have had some vertigo in the last few months, but what happened the other night really scared me. I felt like I was fighting to stay conscious.  So, has that whole drenched in sweat, disoriented, nauseas thing happened to you before? I'm going to the dr in a few days...
Did you ever find out what caused that faint/sweaty incident at your Mom's house?  The same thing happened to me last night... very scary and I live alone and almost called 911.  After some water and sitting quietly for about 30 minutes I was ok.  Just wondering if there is something else I can look for.  Thanks.