Suffering from smelly,vaginal discharge for year

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I am only 24 years old, and I started having lots of smelly vaginal discharge in my teens. The color varies from clear, which I've been told is normal to yellowy/brownish. I've had to wear pantyliners everyday of my life since I was 13, and I sometimes have to shower twice a day because the odor is really bad. I've been to my OB/Gyn who has never expressed concern over it. She says it's not yeast infections and everytime I go in she says it's not bacterial (in my case). I've tried altering my diet, changing soaps, drinking excessive amounts of water. I've even tried showering less because I've been told that overwashing can actually create more problems. I'm a very hygenic person, but I've had a lot of self esteem issues because of this problem, especially when it comes to sex. It's impossible to be spontaneous because I have to shower right before. I've felt for years that I am just "rotten" inside and there is nothing I can do about it. I also constantly worry that other people can smell me. Am I doomed for the rest of my life? Does anyone else have this problem. Most of the questions about this issue seem to be temporary problems with easy fixes, not chronic. Help!
I had the same problem and then I used a vaginal cream which is used for infections. Immediately it went away and also for a long time.... But now I am suffering again. I have the same terrible smell again.... Its almost as if something died inside. Well I guess I will have to get some help again. P.S. I also never had a bacterial infection etc.
I too some times have this problem, well more often than not. All i do is wear panty liners that are sented when the problem gets to where i can smell it. I avoid my husband and try to keep my legs crossed at all times. I know it sounds bad and its anoying, but my OB said that it happens to everyone, some people more often than others, and there really is not anything that can be done.