Women's Health Community
Suffering from smelly,vaginal discharge for year
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Suffering from smelly,vaginal discharge for year

I am only 24 years old, and I started having lots of smelly vaginal discharge in my teens. The color varies from clear, which I've been told is normal to yellowy/brownish. I've had to wear pantyliners everyday of my life since I was 13, and I sometimes have to shower twice a day because the odor is really bad. I've been to my OB/Gyn who has never expressed concern over it. She says it's not yeast infections and everytime I go in she says it's not bacterial (in my case). I've tried altering my diet, changing soaps, drinking excessive amounts of water. I've even tried showering less because I've been told that overwashing can actually create more problems. I'm a very hygenic person, but I've had a lot of self esteem issues because of this problem, especially when it comes to sex. It's impossible to be spontaneous because I have to shower right before. I've felt for years that I am just "rotten" inside and there is nothing I can do about it. I also constantly worry that other people can smell me. Am I doomed for the rest of my life? Does anyone else have this problem. Most of the questions about this issue seem to be temporary problems with easy fixes, not chronic. Help!