Surgery to open cervix.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Surgery to open cervix.

I have suffering with lots of pulling pains and cramps for a while BUT this week (Thursday) the pains got so bad its waking me in my sleep i went to the doctors who sent me straight to the gyno department the same day. After many internals and scans i was told that my cervix is closed, they can't make out if its blocked or stitched and that i have been having periods but because of the cervix being closed its just sitting there. (not had period for 2 years as on mini pill and thought i was a lucky one). I have been told i will need to be put asleep while they operate and that its not a simple procedure and asked questions like do i plan to have any more children!? WHY? any way and that they will sent me a letter with a date for my op and that  it will be within this month. I am scared and very confused as i don't understand how this has happened! Has this happened to anyone? And if so what happens in the operation? Is it a speedy recovery for me?
If the cervix is closed and you are not having periods for such a long time, then as suggested by your doctors, you should get it checked from a gynecologist and get it open by surgical means.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

mhv commented on Whaaaaat
XYgirl uploaded new photos
TinaR10, and KTowne commented on Shannon79's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals