Women's Health Community
Surgery while Pregnant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Surgery while Pregnant

Can laparoscopic surgery be performed in early preganancy? I know this may be a dumb ? but I want to know?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
It can.  Lots of women have surgery during pregnancy; in this forum and the maternal health forum you often see stories of having a cyst removed or a tube or whatever, and the baby just slept right through it.
Blank
Really , well that is good to know, by me having irregular cycles I was curious, my lap is on the 18th, but there is a small chance that I may be preg. I won't know for a few weeks or so. But I have waited so long for my surgery, I hate to have to put it off.
Blank
They will give you a pregnancy test at your pre-op appt.
Make sure you tell them you are actively TTC.
Blank
i am having brain surgery next wk on monday i have hydracephalus and i might be pregnant but not sure yet i might just be a wk pregnant. can anyone help me out please?
Blank
Yeah you most def can.I had lapo at 6 months preggo for my gull bladder to be removed cuz it triggered off and was so painfullll.not a thing wrong wit my kiddo nor me from it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank