Sweat gland in labia minora

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sweat gland in labia minora

10years back I had a sweat gland swelling in labia minora that went off with a few sitz bath. In last 6 months I had at least 6 such swelling. It all starts with a little uncomfortable feeling, a slight hint of pain and on scrutiny the pain source turns out to be a tiny gland-head embedded within the labia-minora skin. If I handle, despite sitz bath or not, in a few days sometime hours the adjoining skin thickens (or so it feels) the gland swells. Though not intensely painful it is mildly so. When it is swells pain in the gland stops but then the swelling and friction with the adjoining area causes discomfort. I have had good result with sitz bath - in that the swelling is lesser and the cycle from when it sarts to its discharge is shorter than without. However, this whole thing is a pain. How to stop it? Seems like I get out of one such swelling and get into another. I had a OBGYN visit at the end of one of the swelling and he also had suggested just sitz bath.... any idea why is this happening, how to stop?

This discussion is related to Small hard lump on labia minora.