Swelling Underarm
I have noticed a swelling deep inside my armpit, accompanied by tenderness.
It seems to be deep inside, and it is not easy to see or feel on the surface,but I can notice it when using my arm for day to day things.
When I have examined it by feeling, the swelling feels approximately 2cm or so in diameter.
I have just resumed a menstrual period, after a two year break due to pregnancy and breastfeeding (which I still am doing).
I have not been given to hormonal breast lumps in the past.

I have had seven pregnancies, and six births.
I am 37 years old, approx 80kgs, and 170cm tall.
I have a healthy diet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you

Karen
It might be an enlarged lymph node that is bothering you. There are many of these nodes in the armpit, and occasionally they can enlarge and subside for various reasons.
Hormonal changes, underarm shaving, stress, being overtired, illness like a cold, allergies, and cancer. It is your body's reponse to keeping you healthy (with 6 kids, you might be a little pooped girl!).
If you ar concerned, have your doctor exam you...he may send you for an ultrasound. Sometimes U/S will not pick these nodes up as they can have a similar appareance to fat when they are NORMAL. An abnormal node will be visible on U/S in the majority of cases.
I would lay of the shaving if do shave your pits, ans try not to touch it alot (maybe once a week). This is the hardest part, because of course you want to know if it is still there! This may reduce some of the irritation.
Good luck, and take care of yourself! S.
Id say ingrown or swollen lymph note also. I get them sometimes too & they are very sensative but usually ease up in a few days. If not better in a week & really bothering you, Id see the doc.
I had a tender, swollen lymph node under my left arm for two weeks and it scared me to death b/c I of course thought the worst. I was 24 y/o, no children, and I only know the health history from one side of my family. My OBGYN's PA told me to cool it for a few weeks (like that is easy...), not mess with it or shave or anything and do a self exam at the end of those two weeks. If it was still there AT ALL, especially if it had gotten bigger I was to come back to have my regular physician get involved, etc. By the way, I was working at a hospital full time, in school full time, not stressed at all... ;-) It ended up going away in about 10 days. It was tender on and off during that time.

I've had it before then but that was with chicken pox at 19 years of age...my immune system just couldn't keep up and I was practically one giant lymph node! lol!

Good luck.
Over 20 years ago I was in College, I shaved my underarms as always.  The next day or maybe sooner, I had all these little pus filled pimples under my right arm pit were I  had shaved.  It hurt too, anyway the pimples cleared as did the pain.  I still have the gland under there I can move it, but it never got bigger and has remained unchanged.  It feels like a little lump or gland.