Swelling at belly button area after Tubal ligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I had a tubal ligation yesterday where they made one 1 cm incision at the top of my belly button and last night I noticed that all around my belly button area is swollen and slightly painfull. More swollen on one side too then the other side. Is this normal and will my tummy go down to being flat again. How long till the swelling goes away?
i believe my did the same thing after my tubal. you may even feel some itching too. as for the swelling it's been 10years and i like i still have a little bit of a swollen stomach for it.
Hi,i just had a tubal 2 weeks ago,as well as a couple other things and ended up with inscisions in my belly button and at the bottom and left side...i had a swollen tummy it seemed like forever..but i can asure you its normal..it went down after about 9 days..now remember i had my overy and a large cyst taken out...so you will get some relief in afew days...if they filled you with carbon dioxide then that will go away too..just be patient..oh and my belly buttonh area itched after a few days..not sure why but it stopped !!
I had a tubal ligation 3 days ago I am still in severe pain down my legs in my lower back and still find it diffcult to walk frustrated as I am trying to do the housework and look after children any advice would help.  I am getting sharp pains and burning sensations across the tummy and around the wounds didn't realise it was going to be this painful I am usually pretty good with pain, should I seek medical advice or is this all part of the procedure.

Henfess
I hope you are well recovered at this point. I had a tubl ligation 5 days ago and have VERY severe back pain and a very smelly discharge from my belly button. The doctors assure me that I do not have an infection and the one suggested that I pulled my back out, coincident with having the procedure done. I didn't think this would be such a difficult procedure and I wish I had been warned.
Hi, I had a tubal ligation done almost 3 weeks ago. But I still have a slight itchy rash around my belly button. It's very annoying. I don't have a fever, nothing hurts, just the itchy rash. It's not spreading, but it's not going away either. I showed my dr. last week and she put me on antiobiotics for a few days and also said it could be a yeast infection and told me to take 1 diflucan for yeast infection and put some monostat cream on it as well and cover it up. Well, I did all that and im still putting the cream on and it's still itchy. what else could it be? anyone have this problem?  thanks
i had a tubal 3 weeks ago and all of a suddenly belly button hurts real bad just below where they did the incision when i get up or sit down or bend and my period is super heavy ive never had one so heavy before has anyone else had this happen im waiting for the dr to call me with info and a appt  
You are in recovery. Give yourself some time to heal.