Swelling in upper labia minora
Not sure I am posting in the correct area. I have had a painful swelling in the upper right side of my labia minora. It is very swollen and painful. I have done a search, but the only thing I find is for a Bartholin gland cyst and my husband doesn't think it looks the same as my swelling is on the same part only on the upper portion of the labia minora. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I have soaked in a bath and taken advil, but it is still hurting to walk or sit in certain positions. Thanks!
i have also a problem about in my minor labia..how should i get this..its not a pimple..its bigger than a pimple..i already consult to my doctor..and she said that nothing to worry about it..the first treatment she gave me was to freak or aspirate thats the term i gues..the result is there is a mucos inside like sip-on daw..she advice me to put some ointment..but still now it didnt work..it still there in my minor labia..please help.!!!
hello
im 6 weeks pregg :) and something horrible happend to me....i started feeling a bit of pain down there it was on my ledt side of the labia was like this or 5 days until my doc appt today friday i had a kinda small ball that hurt like S...T!!!! it got to the point where i could't even sit nor walk or take care of my & month bby so today when my dc took a look she right away knew it was a cyst with some kind of abcess or something like that well here comes the horrible part. she cut the cyst the it was horrible the worst part was the numing that really hurt the with a knofe she did an cross and took out all the puss and fluid that was acumulated ther i didnt feel anything i didnt felll the cutting but what hurts is the numing and after it goes away oh i did feel wen they have to clean it like from the inside and they have to leave it open so it can close by itself because it can come again> right knows im in pain laying down and i have to go tomorrow so they can chafe the cloths it can take up to a month or less to close
hi my right libia minora is also swollen.it irritates like hell.it hard yes but idk what to do about it.ive been avoiding having sex with my husband since saturday which was the day that it came up.somebody please help me because im freaking out over here plz.
im 17 and have had unprotected sex for 15-30 seconds and got a small ulcer looking thing that went away not too much pain. 6 or 7 months later now i have just gotten strep throat, and then 2 days later a little pain and then another ***** looking blister day 2 of blister and the left side of my labia is swelled what should i do i asked my mom and she said it would not be herpes im fine is she just not wanting to look into it or what??? HELP please
I have thread-like strands coming out of my swollen left labia.  Does anyone else have this symptom?
Right now, i am in soooo much pain from this cyst on my left labia, it hurts to walk, sit, lay down.  I don't have a job or med. ins.  but i think my BF is gonna poke it with a sterile needle and see if stuff comes out.  It is just red and swollen, no pimple like abcesses, but it sure hurts to do anything.  I am in so much pain.  I don't think that I will be able to stand him poking it with a needle, as i squeezed it a little this morn. and just about passed out.  
What works for me is,  apply lots of vaseline on it (excess vaseline-i think somehow sooths the swelling,)..And drink lots and lots of water...it works....
to prevent future swelling, when you have your period just make sure the labia area is not dry ( apply vaseline) and drink water...i think blood irritates the skin..

.Cold/hot compression or aloe vera  didn't help me at all.. excess Vaseline and lots of water together with patience does the trick..  ...
never poke it....
I woke up this morning having to urinate. (as usual)
I went to my laptop to check my facebook first. Uncomfortably, I swayed back an forth so I wouldnt pee my pants, but then I felt pain. I was curious, I i reached my hand into my pants and felt a strange bulge on my Labia minor.
I took off my pants, and grabbed my camera to get a clearer image of it to see if it was bleeding, or cut or somethig, seeing as it was obviously HUGE. So I got worried when I was the pictures there was no blood. Just one huge side.
I really dont know what to do. I dont know if this was cause from friction or what. I told my mom and she suggested I put yeast infection cream on it, so I did. The pain eased a bit, and now im still worried about this. I researched a  bunch and a lot of sites said it was a yeast infection. I figured it happened when my fiance and I showed and he put soap IN me. :/ Or maybe an ingrown hair...
But... then I was reading all these and they say cyst!
Ive been perfectly healthy down there... til this!
Help me?
Can anyone tell me what to do?? I have the same thing and it hurts like hell. I am crying all night because it hurt every position I take. Never had sex, not even shaving, please help, tell me what this thing is and what to do to ease the pain and eliminate the swelling.. Please
If it hurts to pee, try peeing thru a toliet paper tube of funnel to direct the urine stream away from any raw area.  Yes Ive had the cyst, a dew but now Have something about 1/2 inch long and the whole circumference of the labia majora cross from the clit, up highter than ever.  It hurts like crazy.  I don't think it's herpes and the advise nurse advised, ice, pain meds, baths, heat.  It's hard to see with a mirror and flashlight. It just cant't go away fast enough.  It hurts to sit.  At first I thought one of the folds was twisted somehow around the urethia but there is no pain so this time the area is not open or raw.  Thank goodness.  I'll hit the dr. tomorrow.
So hopefully someone can help me out with this. I had a snowboarding accident (minor) but unfortunately hit my vagina which was very painful! Worse than any guy getting kicked in the testicles I swear! But anyways my right labia became very very swollen and developed a very dark bruise. It has been two weeks since it occurred and the majority of the swelling is gone as well as the bruise. Thought he problem is that on the bottom of my right labia it is still enlarged and hard... what does this mean? I'd rather not go to the doctor if I can help it as I live in a small town. I just cant imagine that they could do anything for me unless its actually a serious internal injury??? Please help me!!
hey guys
i just wanted to tell everyone about my situation and how i recovered from it !
well at first i din't even know what it was and whthr it was common or not!
hhmm..so i had this huge pimple like redish pink growth on my labia minora(at first i didn't even know what labia minora was)..was about not as big as a ball or something but it was considerably big ..it used to pain a lot whenever i used to sit or walk or did anything for that matter......it made it impossible for me to sleep !....i couldnt touch it as it used to pain ...and in my case it dint hurt or anything while urinating
well in short it used to hurt a lot and was growing bigger each day ..i had it for about 4-5 days
.....after like 5 days i told my mum and she laughed and said that its nothing to worry about
it is a very common thing in females and well you might have guessed that from the number of posts !.
i told her about the size so she did get a bit worried !.....but she to told me not to worry as it busts on its on and then heals too
but still we made a plan to go to the docs just to be sure.....but the same night it fortunately did burst and a lot of blood and pus came out
(people say that it smells a lot and everything but seriously ....it doesnt!..atleast it wasnt the same in my case .....and it happened when i was sleeping so it dindnt hurt , didn't even realise)
now i am sitting in front of my desk ....writing this note to all those girls and everyone out there who was/got worried as they were 1st tymerz at this ......now m happie to say that everything is fine .....the thing got burst and it still bleeds at sumtyms but am using a pad and my mum says that it will heal in about 3-4 days...it doesnt pain and the size reduced DRASTICALLY ......so dont worry .....as i knwo how it feels but you JUST HAVE TO WAIT........
AND DONT STICK PINS INTO THAT THING ...IT WILL ONLY HURT AND MAY MAKE IT EVEN WORSE !!!!!.......
i dint do it but my mum told me that.....and dont worry girls its just a matter of 4-5 days it will burst on its own...
and yeah m a 16 year old girl and i had it for the first time and hope for the last too.... :)
Hi there, Just to add in my experiences and solutions:

I had the same thing that most of you describe now. An enlarged, tender area on the labia minora (that's the inner labia or "inner petals"), that I thought was something that would go away on its own. It was just a cyst at first, well buried within the skin at the edge of the flap. After my period I commonly get a minor yeast infection, nothing that I medicate its only a little uncomfortable. But that cyst started getting irritated and hurting every time. And it kept getting bigger. For at least 16 weeks I sat and watched this thing get bigger every period/yeast infection. And it got more and more painful every time. Finally, it got so bad.. I was barely able to wear a pad (and it's a requirement for me) without it hurting, and I couldn't even sit up without it hurting horribly. I had to lay back with my legs spread around a pillow.

I went to Immediate Care and it was diagnosed as an abscess. It was immediately lanced. The lancing procedure hurt a lot (I'm very sensitive down there), and the silver nitrate burned like liquid fire, but the pain I had been enduring for months was instantly gone. I was put on 2 antibiotics (Flagyl and Levaquin) for 2 weeks. It healed and cleared up fine.

Don't sit and wait when it starts to hurt. DO NOT. If it's hurting you and/or is warm to the touch (IE infected), get an appt with your OB/GYN as soon as you can. The pain from the procedure is nothing compared to what you will sit through, and when they do burst they can spread the infection, and cause it to start all over again. I just started developing another one, and I'm going to the doc next week to get it taken care of while it's still small. Maybe it won't hurt as much.
Hey!
I had the same problem just went to the doctor because I was scared out of my mind
Apparently it is from a yeast infection
It swells for irritation and if you can go to a doctor or walk in they will give you a pap test to check and do a sample and I get the results if it is anything serious in 3 days!
If it has puss or is swollen for more than a week I suggest going to the doctor
But it is usually nothing to worry about just a big pain and discomfort
Hope I can help!
I have been to the doctor twice. So please do not say go to the doctor. At first my region itched. so i scratched. then I put goldbond powder for couple of days, made it worse, so i went the other way and did neosporen, made it worse again. The pee whole didnt burn. but when it touched the other skin it did. not bumps, just open sores, any how i went to the dr. he said it was a fungiinfection and a yeast. go me for self treating.lol. gave me ascript for the yeast told me to get zinc oxcide for the fugi, (i got desitin, it had more zinc oxcide) next day my hood was huge. quit using the desitin. ice packs,ibprofin, and salt baths DO NOT help, so went back to the dr. gave me two more scripts. wide spectim. guess what now my right labia is swollen also. o sores are like between my vagina and anas. does anyone know how to fix either swelling or sores?
my vagina started itching and within 5 minutes the labia minora swelled to triple the size. i am scared to even go to bed what is it???
I have been dealing with these nasty buggers for 25 years. Sometimes a hard center that eventually comes out which is usually the end of a 4 to 5 day session.  Sometimes just (sorry I hope I don't gross people out) yellow pus.  And there have been times where it is just clear.  The first time it was one of the hard size of a pin head deals.  I actually took the thing into my gyno he told me  it was no big deal.  So life went on and I continued to get them (it doesn't happen very often). The last time I spoke with a different gyno he basically said the same thing. These two conversations with Drs. were 20 years apart. So here I am once again with yet another one, and the help of the internet, I spent some time searching and I want to share with everyone what I found. This is not to say it is a solution but more like a direction to take if your symptoms seem to mimic the ones described in this link to the Mayo Clinic.  http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hidradenitis-suppurativa. Sadly it doesn't seem like there is a solution. But I was happy that the information does give some clue as to triggers and what doesn't contribute to it.  
http://www.hs-foundation.org    I saw this link that talked about some clinical trials.  It didn't sound like there was an answer but it is nice to know the buggers are real .  Hope this helps.
I had a swollen bartholins cyst on the left side (which if it a bartholins the swollen ball like form will be located just near the vaginal opening) after about a year i had surgery to marsupialize the gland ,which basically means cut it open and flip it inside out and stitch it to heal that way. In doing this should cause it to not return again. Then about a month or 2 after surgery i notice one start to build on the right side but this one was more elongated as if instead of being a ball shape near the opening it seem as it my inner right labia was swollen either as if fluid spread up the labia causing it to feel just like a fatty tissue. Since i lost my insurance for a little bit i held off on it till i thought it would enlarge but one day in pain i went to the emergency room. Now they didnt marsupialize it they just cut it open to drain as if it was a bartholins. They put a cathither in the incision to keep it open to drain but that night the cathither fell out. I waited to go to my follow up at the gyn 2 days later and she thought the swelling was from being cut open and it would just go down soon. It is now a few months later and i still seem to have the swelling only in my right inner labia nowhere near the bartholins gland area. I think the fluid (not infected) got caught inside the skin of the labia which is swollen and fatty like. Im waiting for my next appt with a different gyn to have another opinion of what may have happened during the course of the cathither falling out and the incision healing. If yours feel more like puss or thickness inside it may be an abcess though. Hope this info could give u a little more insight from someone who was diagnosed with an actual bartholins gland cyst and had it taken care of. Now i just need to know what caused the swollen inner labia on the other side! I dont believe its an abcess bc i have had one before.....
Hey ladies. If you have been experiencing this problem, please listen to this because I might have a solution. I have had this problem for almost a year now. The first time I started experiencing these I went to the gyno. She said that tears and lesions look just like herpes so she checked me and it came back negative. She said just to use alot of lubricant and make the lubricant water based. That helped for a little while. But for the past year, nothing helped. Even if my fiance' and I were being gentle, the outside of my vagina would be torn and very painful, even blood. Lately (the past 6 months), its gotten worse. The left side of my labia seems to get it the worse. It swells up and feels "raw", almost like a sunburn. and the skin would be very tender to the touch. It would hurt for 2 to 3 days after intercourse. It was awful and putting strain on my relationship. For the past 2 weeks my fiance' and I have been having wonderful sex with no pain whatsoever!!!!!  It is such a simple solution. Usually we have sex with me laying on my side and with my legs on his shoulders. But for the past 2 weeks we have been doing it missionary and regular cowgirl with no problems. It makes sense if you think about it. When you have sex laying on your side and especially with your legs on his shoulders, the way the penis goes in is tight against the bottom on your opening (which seems to be the problem for most of us here). But in missionary and cowgirl, the penis hardly even touches, if at all. If you picture the scenario in your head, itll be clearer. Although you still arent normal down at the bottom, atleast you can still have a good healthy sex life with your lover without the pain that goes along with it. Its a real turn off to know that "wow this is really about to hurt". that will never put you in the mood. Try this out and let me know how things go with you all! As always, allow you vagina time to heal before you start this. I waited one week since the last tear. Thank you for reading :)
Same symptoms in upper labia minor near clitoris there was a sudden burn and sharp pain during sex now its just a soft mass of fluid or swelling my bartholin cyst dissapeared in thinking it ruptured under the skin is that possible?
Hi all so here's my situation my two inner minora labias are swollen the size of my thumb BOTH There are no bumps just its swollen.. its hard Does hurt when I peed... (Burn stings) What could be the reason for the strange swell-en that occur in less than 3 mins??

About me I discharge as if my periods always on but its white creamy I assumed i do that because Im a very sexual person (in my mind) If i didnt know my period schedule I would always think my period just came on because of how I just flow... when i do flow the creamy white its like (***) you can say I never cared to find out why I discharge so much and some times my Vagina would be come a little itchy or irritated but last night i rubbed it a little to stop it from bothering me and checked out some pictures online bout "inner swollen labia" so when i seen the pictures I was like ok Im not on nobodys level on the internet BUT when  I looked down at my Vagina it gotten SWOLLEN (and this is my inner lips both of them... when i walk its touching my inner thighs so Im walking like a penguin now) I always felt little itch's down there throughout my years but for it to swell the way it is in less than 3-5 mins its crazy my opinion I probably irritated it more when I rubbed it to stop the itch I took pictures of it last night as a reminder to never rub it again....
Okay...so I am at a loss...and I am even a nurse!  I had a yeast infection (at least I think) in which the doc called in a prescription without seeing me since he knows me.  This was about a month or two ago.  Ever since then, I haven't felt quite right down in the vaginal area, especially in the upper inner side of labia majora.  Right where the folds separate.  I went 'exploring' today and found a small lump inside that area that is very very tender and painful, and slightly reddened.  I have gotten many cysts on the outer edges, in which the doc has excised in his office, but this is more inner, and I know he wouldn't do this one in the office if that is what it is.  Any thoughts?  I do the heat thing, as my hubby and I get in the hot tub every night for about an hour, I haven't been with anyone else in over 14 years, so it isn't an STD...I need help!
Behcet's Syndrome is very VERY rare.  Very few cases are even documented in the United States.
Hi ok I'm going threw a uti and I found some bumps around that area and I know its not a disesas but they and opened up and when I urinate it burns and its alittle bit swollen and sensitive I can't even wipe without cry I need help plz
I discover about 1 inch cut in my labia minora and I have no pus just redness and little pain during urination. I'm afraid to use any kind of lotion since is not dry and I'm very sensitive... Please help
What happen with your bump.  I have the same thing. My story sound just like yours.
I know this is an old discussion but I wanted to post anyway because I've had these probably 15 times over the last 13 years.  I am 33 years old and the first one came when I was 20.  I wasn't even sexually active then, so I was sure it wasn't an STD but got checked anyway.  I've had several of them examined by three different doctors, and all three said they were the result of bacteria getting under the skin somehow.  My obstetrician told me a Bartholyn's cyst is lower down and more toward the inside; these abscesses are outside the actual vaginal opening, and can be higher up or lower down on the labia.  Most of them are on the labia minora (the little labia), but they can appear on the inside of the labia majora.  It feels like a pea or a bb on the inside of the tissue, deep inside, and it's painful.

Here's what I've noticed about them.  This is just my personal experience, but pretty consistent with each one of these I've dealt with--

--They are slow to come to a head.  Sometimes it can be two weeks from the time you first feel something happening and the time it finally comes to a head and opens up.
--Hot compresses can speed this process up.  Put a cloth under very hot water and hold it on the abscess.  Do that a couple times a day but don't overdo it and irritate your skin or burn yourself with hot water.
--Once it finally comes to a head, it will open up and drain pus and blood.  It's disgusting, but once this happens it will heal quickly.
--Sometimes one will drain, you'll think it's gone, and then it doesn't go away because there's still stuff that needs to come out.  Use a hot compress so it'll come to another head and you can get the rest of it out.  
--It's important to clean yourself really well once it starts draining because you don't want the infection to get into a new site and cause a new abscess, but don't use antibacterial soap or any harsh soap down there or you could cause BV or a yeast infection.  (I did that too.  Yay.)
--I've noticed that I get them more when my diet is high in sugar and carbs.  Looking back, when I had them more frequently it was during a time when my diet wasn't great.  In fact, I was on a low sugar diet for two years and didn't have one the entire two years.  The last time I had one was the first day I started back on the low sugar diet.  The day before I started the diet, I binged on sweets, then suddenly had an abscess.  This one didn't take as long to resolve and wasn't as painful or large and didn't contain as much nasty stuff as most of the previous ones.  It's mostly a hunch, but I think it's because my sugar intake went down to next to nothing just as the abscess was forming.  There is some medical research on high sugar intake and the frequency of these.  You can Google it if you want more info.  

It has nothing to do with hygiene!  Everyone has bacteria on their body and sometimes it gets to places it shouldn't be.  If you're worried you have an STD you should certainly get checked out, but assuming we're talking about the same thing, it's not sexually transmitted.  I just thought I'd share my experience since this page is still searchable and these things can be disturbing.  
I have had these for years and have also had them checked by my gyno who insists that they are not herpes.  However they are spreadable as you mentioned so I never have intercourse until they are completely gone because they are too painful and I don't want to spread anything.  I think that from the posts that I have read that they are relatively common, and diet and hygiene are important, but don't prevent them.  They seem to be a way of the body releasing impurities.  I think that many physicians misdiagnose and prescribe creams, but hot baths seem to be the best way that I have  found them to come to the point where they burst and go away.  Keeping clean and washing my hands after touching there and wearing cotton underwear also help. They are not pleasant.
The top left side of my outter vagina lip is red and swollen I haven't noticed any irritations such as burning etc but when I went to have a look and a feel of it the skin broke causing minor bleeding ??? Any thoughts on what this could be and what has caused it  I am booked into see my doctor but not for two weeks help
I have was reading on the net that the bartlholin gland cyst can be caused from an STD, is this  true?
I had the same thing, except on the left side. It was pAinful and swollen for 2-3 days, I waited until a white head appeared, and then I popped it, a ton of puss and blood came out, the first initial "popping" of the "abscess" hurt but since then its not painful to wipe, sit, or walk...im keeping it clean with hibiclens from walmart and not messing with it, I also have MRSA, so I'm pretty sure that's what mine was, if you want to be 100% sure, have a PA at the hospital drain it and take a culture of the drainage...hope this helps
If it's more blood than puss, & the puss is more clear it could be Staph.  I work in surgery & have seen a lot of Staph, especially from Labial &/or Bartholin Cysts, etc.  The best thing to do, if it's intolerable & keeps recurring is to go see a physician & have them numb it, lance it, & culture some of the fluid.  While you're waiting on the results, the doctor should put you on antibiotics in case it is Staph, therefore hopefully killing the infectious bacteria.
This is for every lady out there that is looking up information on this site. May I first say I feel for you ALL what a horrible experience this has been.  My symptoms when I think back started about 12 days ago. I was laying in bed one night trying to fall asleep when suddenly I felt a crazy itchy feeling doen there. Strange and unusual as that was, it lasted only a few minutes and it never returned. Not certain if this is related to my condition now or not. For the entire week before my left Major labia started swelling I hadnt felt well, generally feeling sluggish with no energy. I had chalked this up to the fact that I had just come home from a weeks holiday in Mexico and my body was working off toxins and getting back to normal from all the late nights and alcohol which I normally only indulge in twice a year lol  exactly ten days after I returned home symtoms started. I first felt an ache that was kinda deep inside the lip area and seemed to run in the direction off my left leg. It only happened 3 or 4 times and wasnt painfull just unusual and the ache was sudden and only lasted seconds.  I ignored it because honestly Iam a busy person and couldnt see anything wrong visually so I said to myself what the hell and forgot about it. 5 days ago last Thursday I could feel a sore spot about the size of a small pea, I then thought oh oh because I have had a bump there ( I think cyst) that has been there for quite awhile but wasnt bothersome so I left that be. Maybe I should mention I have had cysts down there before so I wasnt overly concerned. I think they all were a result of an ingrown hair, they were higher up in the past and one was close to the crease of my leg. This is the first time I have had this on the lip. The pain was incredible, my left lip swelled up about an inch high all the way back towards the rectum and it was well over an inch wide. I could barely walk. All this swelling came very suddenly from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon I had an oblong egg shaped infection. The pressure was unreal. By Sunday afternoon I was at a medi clinic because I felt desperate for treatment and relief. I cant wait to tell you all what I was given and how well it is working!!!!  My Doctor prescribed 2 antibiotics because he was unsure what kind of an infection we were dealing with. He gave me Metronidazole 250 mg 2 tablets 3x a day as well as prescribed Apo-cephalex 500 mg  1 tablet 4x a day. I have now been on this medicine for 48 hours and have a 40% improvement. The swelling has much improved so Iam praying this is working. He wants me on both antibiotics for ten days. I will repost and let everyone know how I do but so far its looking very good in comparison to where I was. This is still very painful and as soon as Iam well enough I plan to research this, why this happens and do everything within my power to make sure I never go through this ever again. Horrible is putting it mildly.. So if you ever notice any of the symptoms I described earlier, like the unusual ache, small sore bump, RUN LIKE HELL to your doctor and get on an antibiotic fast because it dosnt go away on its own, and waiting to see if it would, has cost me two lost days at work which I could not afford and pain that is comparible to the intensity or nerve back pain or child birth. Best wishes to everyone. Hope I have helped someone posting this, its personal but when it comes to the girls club we all care to look after one another whenever we can.. Hugs
My problems started with the itching sensation about a week ago, I figured it was just a run of the mill yeast infection so began over the counter treatment for that which seemed to work. However, after having intercourse today the pain was super intense and after a few hours both sides had swollen up to like 2x the normal size. I have been alternating between cool and warm cloth. The coolness seems to relieve the pain the most, also been taking pain relievers and tried 2 benadryl to hopefully reduce the major swelling. This is very uncomfortable and I am scheduled to see my GYNO tomorrow. Will repost with any info he gives me.
Okay, My turn.
My bits, the inner labia, and around the vagina area, are itchy, painful, and throbbing.
I have never slept with anyone with a disease. This I'm sure of.
I'm 17, and this has been happening since last june.
I get so uncomfortably itchy, and painful.. Usually after I have sex. My boyfriend and I have just recently started banging, and every so often, I get friction burn type problems, this is different and it hasn't flared up in a while. It's unbearable, and I have no idea how long it will last. I don't know what it is, I don't know how to stop it, and my mom will jump to conclusions. She won't take me to a doctor. I have no idea what to do. This really f***ing *****.
there's no nasty discharge, no pain while urinating, and no bumps that I know of. It just looks a little swollen, and the skin around my vag area is (squiggly?) I don't know how to put it, it looks different than it used to. this is truly uncomfortable.
What do I do?
I just recovered from a possible uti, that I had to take care of by myself, is that what's causing this? help me please. :(
Try putting some antiseptic cream (not ointment with petroleum ) directly on it a couple of times a day.  It is sold OTC in drug stores and it will act as an antibacterial agent as well as soothe it because of the lidocaine.  You can also use a first aid solution with antibacerial properties and lidocaine for the pain.  When these sprout up in my case, I douse a cotton swab in Betadine or iodine solution and put it directly on the sucker.  After a few days, it dissipates.  It may last several days.  Gynos usually say to put hot compresses and sit in sitz baths, but how does one fit in a basin?  Most basins are too small so I need to look around for one of a proper size.

These abscesses are non-infectious, so you won't give it to your man, and your mom should be more understanding in this case, as you have an infection on your body for goodness sake.  

I am wondering if one wears panyliners and sweats, the liners' adhesive no longer sticks and it ends up chafing the area andthis may be the cause. It is probably from friction mixed with sweat, right?
hi.

i am 26 and i have got the same problem as many girls has.. i had 4 bumps since last 4 days on my major and minor labia with no head n they hurt like hell... i can not walk, sit properly.. one of them burst with puss and some blood. but the other 3 are irritating me like anything.. worst of worst is, when i felt them, i got my periods and they got more swollen.. plz somebody help me... i m too scared...
Hi, i have exactly the same thing! first i had a bartholin cyst, so i had marsipualization and it looked like everything healed fine. But then my left labia started to swell and it looked like it was filled wit fluid. First i thought the cyst was back but it just wasn't the same, exactly as you describe. I went to the gyn today and he maid an echo of it. He said it is not a bartholin cyst but he didnt want to risk draining it so i have to come back in two weeks because he thinks it will just dissapear. I dont think so because i have the swollen labia for a week now and it did not get better but just worse or the same. Did you find a solution for this ?
Hi I too have the same symptoms, first they thought it was a bartholin cyst and drained but all they drained was blood. Actually my swelling is in the upper portion of my left labia minora.
Hi Laura, can you let me know how you cured it. Mine is totally unbearable.
ok so ive had 1 baby and that was almost 2 yrs ago, since then ive gotten 3 lanced bartholin's abscess on my left side. my problem is that now it appears i would have another however, b4 it was much bigger, lower, and part of my vaginal wall, now, its the whole length of my labia, not as big but still uncomfortable and very noticeable. its also kind of hard, b4 it was more liquidy and doesn't puss or oose anything. ive also been experiencing chronic lower back pain and lower abdominal pain. i went to my ob doctor today and she said she didn't think it was a bartholin's abscess. she said it would just go away but on the contrary, ive had this now for 10 months and if anything its been increasing. she didn't want to Liston. she also said something about a hernia which doesn't make any sense. then she told me to go to another specialist because she couldn't do anything. said that its probably something to do with my bowels which again makes no sense. then i went to another ob doctor and he said it is a bartholin's abscess but said it was to small this time to lance it but its very irritating and is big after sex so i need to do something about it. he said something about having the gland removed and at this point im ready for it but then he told me the recovery time for it and then i wasn't so sure that's what i wanted to do especially if that's not what is really wrong with me. plus i don't believe that surgery is going to help my abdominal pain. so if there's any one out there who could help me please do. ive tried numerous medication including pain revilers, anti inflammatory's and antibiotics, cold and hot, and baths nothing worked
i am 17 years old and have been experiencing these symptoms for about 2-3 weeks. My boyfriend and i had sex for the first time roughly 5 months ago and i havent had problems up until now (idk if sex could be the cause or not) my periods are regular. the swelling in my Labia Minora is somewhat like a pimple but about dime sized. i am afraid to go to the doctor because i dont want my mom to find out i lost my virginity (if asked by doctor if i am sexually active). i squeeze the "pimple" every few nights due to soreness afterwards and i get some puss/blood out. it seems to shrink after this, but then a few days pass and it comes back but a little smaller each time. i need help :( itching and walking is driving me crazy!!!! any advice or remedies to try would be greatly appriciated! even though this is an old blog thingy :/ i do plan on going to the doctor if no remedies seem to work. i just need courage and a bit of advice :)
This actually sounds like herpes hon.... You need to be checked.
I'm 19 this year and realized that my right labia swell up to 3 times that of my left labia. (minor) It hurts no matter what i do! It doesn't hurt when i urinate. I don't have the urge to pee all the time either. It just hurts and is swollen. Its been 3 days now and I'm getting really worried. Looking to see what exactly is this!
Did you find out what was wrong and how to get rid of it?
Hello, was your cyst a bump? you seem to have the most similar experience as me however mine is literally inside my labia minor, no exterior sign of, if i squeeze the labia i can feel a ball inside that is painful and seems to enlarge after intercourse.  any info would help, been to GP twice and now waiting for gyno appt
LADIES!!** do go see a doctor & have him/her write you a prescription for 'Fucidin Cream' (Fusidic acid cream 2%) with PLENTY of refills!! :) it is a topical anti-biotic cream & a miracle worker!! I kid you not! No more puss or blood of boils & swelling of labia GONE OVERNIGHT!! As quick as they appear, they will be gone! It will diminish the pain& discomfort & YES i have had both giant painful boils/ingrown hairs/cysts AND the bizarre huge swelling of labia (which freaked me out beyond belief) & YES this cream does work for BOTH!! Hurrahh!! Good luck ladies & you are most welcome! ;) cheers!!
What does it mean if one Libia minor is inflated like twice the size of the other though ?
I get these alot. going to doctor again in a couple weeks. I use evening primrose oil, burts bees diaper rash ointment (numbs it), and walk around with a warm camomile teabag in my crotch. They come and go. No answers from doctors in the past. We'll see. Not enough info online about these. They freak me out tho.
I have the same problem as the original poster of this thread.

There is no connection to my Vagina, it is not located near my vagina ;)
It is in the upper right labia, it is red and swollen, with maybe a bit of a lump feeling but not so much. it happened over night.  It stings in one spot that may be a tad bit raw. I can only touch it gently.

I applied antibacterial soap many times yesterday and that helped reduce swelling and until this morning it was getting better, but as today goes on, it gets irritated, swollen and stingy. It doesnt hurt or sting constantly, only when rubbed or irritated by clothing or my fingers when checking it out.

It doesnt match up to an STI's, or the Bartholins Cyst symptoms/location.  

Any current ideas?? I am seeing my doctor this week and will bring it up with her but wondering in the mean time if someone else has the same symptoms as myself and the original poster??

Oh and i havent had sex in 3 wks, this just occurred on Fri Aug 21 2015. My period ended nearly 2 weeks ago. the only thing that was different was that I had a CT scan doneon the 20th August 2015, and they injected me with dye. BUT I have had that before and there wasnt a reaction like this. I have had this problem before... but its still freaky.

Any thoughts?
Laurie 47 y.o.

Hey Im having the same problem with the swollen irritated and tender labia on upper right side by the clitoris. I just stopped my period like 3 days ago but I first felt the irritation on the last day of the cycle. IDK why its like this. Ive never had one before . Kinda nervous on what it could be and if its serious or not . Please help me out on answers. And suggestions. I really need help here no research helps to figure it out.
Hi I suffered the same condition. Even now. It is an abscess probably. It pains like hell. You got to take some antibiotics to dry it off. Or else it will take you to drain it. Pls meet a doctor immediately. As it would keep on swelling. This abscess occurs due to vigorous movement over that area. Masturbation causes this. Once infected then it is on and on whenever you give pressure on that area.
Um… hi, I'm experiencing something similar and I'm not sure what to do. My upper right labia minor is swollen and has two bumps that hurt like crazy. It just happened like yesterday. I play sports and I think the running around has made it even more tender than before. I'm 17 and I'm scared. Can anyone give me some advice?
Did anyone get a diagnosis?