Swolen left labia minora
I was just sitting watching tv and I began to get really itchy out of nowhere on the left side of my vagina so I itched for a minute or too and then I got up to go to the bathroom to see if it might stop. The bottom part of the labia closer to the entrance was swelled up like a jellyfish. It pushed where the two sides come together all the way to my leg. The skin on my chest and face was all red and rashy too, almost purple I'm not sure if there's any relation between the two but it all started happening at the same time. I had unprotected sex almost 24 hours prior to this but my boyfriend and I rarely use condoms since we've been together almost a year and I'm on birth control so everything was very normal. I did however take about a 4 day break from birth control because I kept forgetting to pick up my new pack and just started taking it yesterday so maybe that has something to do with it? Please help.
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Do you have history of allergies? Try to avoid scratching to prevent secondary bacterial infection. Keep the area clean and dry. Antihistamine medication may help provide relief. However, it is best that you have this checked by your gynecologist for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination is important. Take care and do keep us posted.