Swollen, painful labia minora

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Swollen, painful labia minora

I'm fairly certain it's the labia minora.  It's the fleshy flap on either side of my vagina.  Yesterday, I experienced itching down there, and of course, over the course of the day, scratched and rubbed for relief.  Late in the day, I realized the left flap of my labia minora was swollen and somewhat painful.  It's seems firm to the touch, about the size of an almond.  No discharge that I can see.  The color is normal, perhaps slightly redder.  My first overreaction was that I have a Bartholin's Cyst.  But I'm hoping it's just a bug bite that has become inflamed. I took Benadryl last night, put some Neosporin+Pain on and slept in loose fitting clothing.  It is about the same this morning, no worse.