Women's Health Community
Swollen, red labia majora
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen, red labia majora

Recently my labia majora was itchy I figured it was because of hair coming in but I couldn't help myself and scratched it. I kind of irritated it and made it red so later that night I shaved to prevent any continued itchiness. The following day I had extreme discomfort and found my labia majora to be very swollen and red. It appears that there are little bumps around my labia majora contributing to the redness. It is very uncomfortable and I can barely walk or do anything. I have no idea what's wrong. I also have pain when rubbed in the area where my pubis and legs connect. Almost like ovary location on both sides. I am unable to go to the doctor. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?