Swollen Hands and Feet. NO! I am not pregnant.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm sure this is not in the right place.

I woke up this morning to my hands being extremely sore and swollen. They are red. It is now evening and they are not as swollen but are still red and hurt. My feet are swollen and very tender.

I have not messed with anything new or consumed anything new. Right before bedtime I did some flea spray on my cat. I've done this before with no ill effects. I also put down some catnip. I've used this before but it's been awhile.

Only other things are I was also not feeling well at all and went back to bed. I slept for 12 hours! I'm still tired now. My body just feels "weird".

Any idea what this might be?
hows your blood pressure?
HI FLUFFY SORRY TO HEAR YOUR NOT FEELING WELL.HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU HAVE HAD A PHYSICAL DONE?ANOTHER THING HOW OLD ARE YOU?THESE ARE ALL THINGS WE MUST TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION BEFORE GIVING ADVICE,ESPECIALLY FROM WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED.IT COULD BE SEVERAL THINGS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM FOR YOU.YOU POSTED YOU WHERE NOT FEELING WELL BEFORE YOU LAID DOWN,AND THAT YOU SLEPT FOR 12 HOURS,AND THAT YOU WHERE STILL TIRED.YOU ALL SO POSTED YOU HAD SPRAYED YOUR CAT FOR FLEAS WAS THAT INDOORS OR OUTDOORS?YOU NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DOCTOR TOMORROW!!!!!THIS IS NOT NORMAL O.K HON YOUR BODY IS TELLING THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG,SO YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO IT.ASK THE DOCTOR TO CHECK YOUR THYROID IF YOUR OVER 35 OR EVEN IF YOUR NOT HAVE IT CHECKED.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406.               P.S DON'T FOR GET TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DOCTOR HON.
Ask your doctor about rheumatoid arthritis.  The areas most commonly affected with this are hands and feet and it can cause stiffness, swelling and redness, especially in the morning.  They can do a blood test to look for rheumatoid factor.  I am only 25 and have recently been diagnosed.
Forgot to add that I also felt very tired and very "blah" before finding out what was wrong.  It would definitely be worth checking out.
hey iam only 19 and my hands and feet swell it started  when i painted my houes on sunday they started when i was moving my hands a lot and its like nots on my nuckles and on the bottom of my feet i can feel the bumbs when i walk they also hurt and kind tingleand r realy sore and puffy do yall have any idea wat is going on????
hi! im ann,im turning 22 this year..my hands and feet swell all the time,specially when im in a cold place..it started swelling when im 12 years old..it suffers me a lot, i can't wear sandals without lock because everytime i walk it get off my feet..because of this im not confident to myself..im in qatar right now,it's hot outside and cold inside our house that's why it swells more..please help me to get rid of this..
It sounds like you may have Raynauds Syndrome (my spelling could be wrong on that). Its where your body decreases the blood flow to your legs and sometimes hands when you get cold. They usually feel cold and can discolor then turn red and become painful when they're warming up. I could be totally wrong but thought I would throw it out there and hopefully help!
hi i am nineteen i also suffer from swollen hands and feet, i come over feeling all flush and my hands and feet blow up and hurt so much they get itchy, i can walk short distances, i have suffered with this for about 3-4yrs, i gt shooting pains up my arms and through my hands, my doctor did do a blood test but said i was fine, but surely this cant be normal, its so painfull..............