Swollen Labia due to injury

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Swollen Labia due to injury

(I didn't know where to post this)

Earlier tonight I injured my vagina. I meant to sit on the floor and accidentally began to sit right on top of the pointed edge of an iron that was beside me (stupid, I know.) I stopped myself as soon as I felt the pain and found that I'd just knicked the outter edge of my labia. The cut is very small but bled alot! The bleeding stopped quickly with the occasional bit here and there due to the cut being rubbed by underwear (which I am trying not to wear when I don't need to).

Anyway, I've been applying ice to the injury and the pain has subsided quite a bit. There is a bit of bruising and alot of swelling left behind.

The swelling is what concerns me. I know the area is vascular and probably will swell quite a bit but I'm still worried as to whether or not this is normal and will go down in time or if I should see a doctor about it.
Please go to a doctor.

I am very surprised why women question whether to see a doctor.  It can only help and at the very least the doctor will say, ice it or apply a topical and I'll see you in two weeks.

Of course, I assume that most women have access to medical doctors.
ouch! i can feel the pain with your description. i think you are doing the right thing by putting ice on it and thats great the bleeding subsided. the swelling is normal (for what happened) and i would continue with the ice and take some tylenol or something for the swelling.
yes, it wouldnt hurt to give your dr. a call. i am certain they could give you advice on what to do over the phone without even coming in. that brings back memories of me falling on a boys 10 speed bike... you know, the bikes with that bar there? ohhh the pain of it all.
i fell in the pool and hit my crotch on the side. it hurt a lot! after 2 hours the whole right labia minora and a bit of labia majora swelled up. it is pretty black and blue and swollen. do you think i should go to a clinic?
i dont wanna go to a doctor cause .. I'm 13 and i would be embarrassed.. i was on a ski trip and the snow board hit the inside of my labia! its is swollen and burns and it is blue! black! and purple!!!!! it hurts so much! i dont tell my parents why i dont feel good ... so i just tell them its my head and my stomach that hurt but im pretty sure they will ask what is wrong sooner or later or take me to the doctor to see whats wrong ive missed 2 days of school cause of it ... hellllllp
Shannon79, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
11 mins ago
Paxiled commented on Gross Things Beef Cat...
1 hr ago
atchiyyamma is ... Comment
1 hr ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals