Swollen Mons Pubis
I am an overweight 37 year old female with a history of genital herpes. I had a normal well woman exam about 6 months ago. I have always had a large mons because of my weight and heredity.  I am concerned because I started to notice the right side of my mons was slowly getting larger. (I am sorry about the next few lines it is rather gross) It felt like there was fluid or something causing this so like an idiot I squeezed at it and ultimately lanced it with a heated needle. A small amount of fluid and blood came out I did not probe any further. This evening I noticed that the left side of my mons has swollen to match the left. I do not have health insurance and have applied for public health services so I was wondering if I should go to the ER or can I wait a few days for my application to go through.
How are you? Were you able to see your doctor regarding the symptoms that you mentioned? Pain, swelling and discharge highly suggests infection.  If this was due to an infection, antibiotic management may be indicated as well as anti-inflammatory medications. However, if the symptoms persist, further evaluation may need to be done and additional diagnostic tests may be requested. Take care and hope all is well. Do keep us posted and best regards.