Swollen and painful

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Swollen and painful

What would cause the genital area to be swollen and the skin tear. bleed? It feels that the issue is internal as well as the visible external as it burns badly to have a period. There is a constant discharge that varies in color as is sometimes bloody even when not during the period. I have not been able to allow a doctor to view the problem. One gave me an ointment, which contains prednisone, and as long as i use it, it helps, but without it the issue gets bad again. What can i do to stop it? i am not, nor have i ever been sexually active.
I am sorry to hear that you are having these problems, and I can't imagine what the cause could be, esp considering that you are not sexually active.  You really should be under the care of a doctor.  Other than that, keep the area clean and dry.  No soaps or lotions that could inflame it.  Wear cotton underwear only, as well as skirts or dresses instead of pants or shorts.  If at any time your discharge ceases, take the opportunity to not wear any underwear.  This will keep the area from becoming sweaty and creating a place for bacteria to grow.  Blessings - Blu