Women's Health Community
Swollen bikini/pubic area after waxing/shaving
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen bikini/pubic area after waxing/shaving

I normally give my self bikini waxes after moving to a small town with no real spa. About a month ago I waxed, and as a result I believe i got a fairly severe ingrown hair. It became tender, and infected looking. Like the idiot I am, rather than letting it take it's course it started driving me insane and I went gold mining for the culprit. Obviously it has just gotten worse, and now my entire pubic area (very lower abdomen) is swollen! I am very concerned, I was truly shocked when I got out of the shower this morning and saw that. I am wondering if my ignorance has possibly caused an infection to spread? Obviously this is a very emberassing situation, and would like to avoid further humiliation by going to the doctor, does anyone have any ideas??