Swollen bikini/pubic area after waxing/shaving
I normally give my self bikini waxes after moving to a small town with no real spa. About a month ago I waxed, and as a result I believe i got a fairly severe ingrown hair. It became tender, and infected looking. Like the idiot I am, rather than letting it take it's course it started driving me insane and I went gold mining for the culprit. Obviously it has just gotten worse, and now my entire pubic area (very lower abdomen) is swollen! I am very concerned, I was truly shocked when I got out of the shower this morning and saw that. I am wondering if my ignorance has possibly caused an infection to spread? Obviously this is a very emberassing situation, and would like to avoid further humiliation by going to the doctor, does anyone have any ideas??
Yikes!  I would go to the doctor.  Even small ingrown hairs/folicles can turn into horrible staph infections.  (Worse case, not trying to scare you, but it sounds pretty serious.)  Only you know how bad it looks, or how long it has been swollen.  In the mean time, try ice, and see if it helps, and I'm sure you're doing your best to keep it clean.

Staph infections can kill.