Swollen breast, itchy, little bumps and discharge?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm 18 years old. Yesterday in the shower I had what appeared like a pimple on my right breast, so I tried popping it and didn't think anything of it. I woke up today with it being EXTREMELY swollen, it's bumpy all around and now there is discharge! It's slightly painful also, not unbearable. I have no idea what's wrong? Everytime I google something about it, the only thing that comes up is breast cancer and I just don't think it's that. My mom wants me to wait it out before I see a doctor but I was just wondering if anyone had these problems and what it ended up being or what did you do to help it go away? My mom thinks it's like swollen glands, but I can't find anything about it online. That's what it feels like it might just be a swollen gland, but I'm not sure! If ANYONE could let me know if they had this issue that'd be greatly appreciated! PLEASE!