Swollen feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Swollen feet

I am 29 and I have had swelling in my feet for about 4 years now.  I would have it for about one to three days and then it would go away for 3 or 4 months and then start up again.  I found that it seemed to only happen or be worse when the weather was hot and humid.  The past 3 weeks, I have had almost constant swelling in my feet (one is way worse than the other).  A few of these days, it also felt as if both lower legs were really tight as well.  I can tell that there is a lot of fluid on the top of my foot as it moves around when I walk etc although it does not hurt.  I just went to have an ultrasound done on my legs to check for clotting.  I have been to 3 different doctors with this problem, although because it didn't happen very often, normally when I went in for my appointment the swelling had completely went away.  They just keep telling me to elevate my legs when I sleep and drink water.  I have looked online and there are so many conditions that can contribute to 'edema' that I am worried.