Swollen inner labia

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Swollen inner labia

I have had one sexual partner my whole life. We have been together a very very long time. We are both faithful trust that fact. Lately and only occasionally I notice that immediately after sex (not that rough just normal) that my inner labia has been swollen. Usually only the right labia minora but sometimes both! I don't know why this is happening and why its occasional. There have been suggestions that we are not lubricating enough and this is not an issue. It is a burning pain, and the labia is swollen really big...scary big. The swelling and the burning will go away after a few hours but its still not ok and i need help. Please give me some suggestions to what could be wrong with me! Thank you.
Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year now, and have been sexually active for about 4-5 months. Last night we engaged in some really vigorous foreplay and almost immidiately after both sides of my labia were swollen to about 4 times regular size. No pain though, no burning. JUST MASSIVE! and quite tender and a light pink. Its very VERY difficult and uncomfortable to walk. This has happend to me before, on maybe 2 occasions, but just on one side. But both those other times we were pretty rough too. I've just been icing it every hour or so, and having hot baths to soothe the swelling, and its helping a bit.. but not much. I took some Advil and thats been helping also.

I was so scared this time, cause I've never seen it so bad. Luckly my boyfriend was still here when I noticed it. He took a look and said its most likely just swelling cause he was more rough than usual, and we hadnt done ANYTHING for about a week. I've heard from other forums that it could be a yeast infection.. though that makes no sense, cause i have no other symptoms. And ive had a yeast infection before. And I've heard it could be an infection and that if it doesnt clear up in about 3 days you should see a doctor. Ugghh i hate doctors.

Anyway I hope this helps. =)
Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...
6 hrs ago by gymdandee
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals